• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaye

The Destructoid interview is really good.

Tara is not just hot she asks a lot of good and interesting questions.

Edit: It looks like Gaige is not the only DLC character we will get.

I'm going to continue to hope that they remake some of the old characters. Hopefully the Season Pass gets any post-Mechromancer new characters too, but probably not.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still want Marcus as a playable character, just so I can hear all the fucked up comedy gold that he spews. :D

jediyoshi

I'm going to continue to hope that they remake some of the old characters. Hopefully the Season Pass gets any post-Mechromancer new characters too, but probably not.

Pitchford pretty explicitly said in an interview they want to do more characters, wouldn't be surprised if more dropped in the future considering all the extra hype this time around.

I threw this together real quick.

It uses the potential spoiler(ish) picture linked a page or so back with all the enemies/creatures/etc..

It's a 5760x1200 Triple Monitor dekstop wallpaper. Hope you guys like it.

ifPilAnBr1ufM.png

kmfdmpig

Pitchford pretty explicitly said in an interview they want to do more characters, wouldn't be surprised if more dropped in the future considering all the extra hype this time around.

That would be great.
Roland, who I enjoyed in BL1 would be a bit redundant, but a tweaked Brick, Mordecai and definitely Lilith would all have their place. We know the characters are in the game already as well, which seems like it would make it easier to add them as there are already models, etc...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So GAF I'm all hype right now
and feeling a bit light headed
so I ask what gun manufacturers are you looking forward to most in this game?

For me it's Torgue and Tediore. They're opposite ends of the scale when it comes to how refined they look and I love it. Torgue guns look like your wielding a fucking lethal engine block and Tediore guns bring out the sucker for carbon fiber within me.

Unicorn

Anthony Burch is so awesome. Great talent there.

Yes. He was the only reason and joy to visit Destructoid. I was heartbroken when he left, but quickly realized he would most certainly become the writer of BL2 and knew my love for him would just grow.

I'm so excited. Even if the story is lackluster, having a game penned by one of the most interesting people in games writing/journalism will be a personal memento.

For me it's Torgue and Tediore. They're opposite ends of the scale when it comes to how refined they look and I love it. Torgue guns look like your wielding a fucking lethal engine block and Tediore guns bring out the sucker for carbon fiber within me.

MALIWAN 4 LYFE
maliwan%20s%20n%20s%20posters.jpg

I want a real-life poster of this so bad, even if it has a new gun design for BL2
"Where form meets function"

0.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
so I ask what gun manufacturers are you looking forward to most in this game?.

Give me some of that good ol Russian shit with Vladof or Dahl for precision and control. Plus always do love my burst fire.

Salsa

none of my near buddies bought it :(

pre-order + season pass already bought, guess im flying solo, latency kills me with people from other countries

im bummed

Ultimadrago

Is Dahl still around?

Dahl.

Ken

Welp, bought the game after a Steam support person told me to just use the US link to Steam to buy the game for the 18th release date.

char0n

Maliwan for me if they're like BL1. 4x elemental effects are great, especially when they stack. I still remember the first gun that made me go "HOLY SHIT!" was when I found my first Volcano. Bandits that took me a while to kill with other similarly leveled weapons just died in 1 or 2 shots anywhere on their body. Then there's the death effects, huge fan of the acid melting.

Raxus

What do you all think of this build?

fixed

Went for max gunzerking time + decent survivability. Look good?

There really isn't a bad way to spec Salvador. All the his initial skills bring a ton to the table. Even his team spec (brawn) is pretty good solo with the right powers.

My only suggestion is to put at least 1-2 points into 5 shots or 6 or Inconceivable since it cuts down the time you have to scavenge for ammo and those annoying moments you run out in the middle of battle.

I edited my take on it above. Damn it, won't let me save...

Gotchaye

Looks like the IGN review goes up in 40 minutes. Should we expect a flood of new info in less than an hour?

Edit: It looks like I'm also without a real-life co-op group for at least the first month. But I'm an American, so hopefully I can find some people around here for that first marathon session.

SlickVic

Looks like the IGN review goes up in 40 minutes. Should we expect a flood of new info in less than an hour?

Edit: It looks like I'm also without a real-life co-op group for at least the first month. But I'm an American, so hopefully I can find some people around here for that first marathon session.

I think the embargo lifts for all sites at that time actually. So yeah, should be getting a ton of info.

Raxus

Vladof, Jakobs are my favorite for aesthetic.

I love the new animation for Jakob revolvers, I love Tediore's gimmick but it will probably get old fast if it wastes too much ammo. Will check back on it when my class is more stable ammo wise. Maliwan being Maliwan (godly). Dahl and Hyperion all sound great for gunzerkers. Bandits are nice beginner weapons but will probably be useless late game. Just like poor S&S last game.
At the top of the OP is the Steam, XBL, and PSN tag list. Go ahead and sign up/join the steam group to find GAF players!

I need a group for the Steam version too.

I threw this together real quick.

It uses the potential spoiler(ish) picture linked a page or so back with all the enemies/creatures/etc..

It's a 5760x1200 Triple Monitor dekstop wallpaper. Hope you guys like it.

Love Zooming in on images with the PS3 browser..also love the midget versions of some enemies!

BearPawB

Banned
What are peoples opinions on kill skills? I have been speccing to avoid them. I really only want abilities that have a lot of up time....But i can envision some scenarios in which they are useful

Dizzy-4U

ohhh we could do this. I think there's some more rio de la plata gaffers round here
Sure, I know a few around here but I don't think they bought it.

Anyways, I just noticed that it's unlocking for me on thursday. What the hell? I'm super mad...I hope the vpn trick works.

Haliela

There really isn't a bad way to spec Salvador. All the his initial skills bring a ton to the table. Even his team spec (brawn) is pretty good solo with the right powers.

My only suggestion is to put at least 1-2 points into 5 shots or 6 or Inconceivable since it cuts down the time you have to scavenge for ammo and those annoying moments you run out in the middle of battle.

I edited my take on it above. Damn it, won't let me save...

Thanks for the fix. Going to use your version!

hxcmuziq

Banned
If Sony would allow a preload and an unlock at midnight on the 18th how many PS3 users would use this?

I'd love to see a full thread on this discussion. I'd love to know how many Gaffers are 100% for Day 1 DD on consoles.

What would it take you to jump on the DD bandwagon? 10% price cut? Free DLC? What if Digital was pushed the Friday before? Would you pay full retail to get a DD game 3 days early?

I hope we get some numbers how many digital copies are bought day 1.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If Sony would allow a preload and an unlock at midnight on the 18th how many PS3 users would use this?

I'd love to see a full thread on this discussion. I'd love to know how many Gaffers are 100% for Day 1 DD on consoles.

What would it take you to jump on the DD bandwagon? 10% price cut? Free DLC? What if Digital was pushed the Friday before? Would you pay full retail to get a DD game 3 days early?

I hope we get some numbers how many digital copies are bought day 1.

I would buy a digital release for $40 max day and date.

It'd be interesting to get numbers but they don't seem like they're going to budge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom