• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It does not scale. It pops at the level when you open the chest. Best advice has been to bank your key till you get some serious leveling done then swing through sanctuary when proper time comes.

And my pestilent defilers will be the ruin of your anarchy!!! I only liked those if they came with the scope. Improved control/damage soooo much... I can understand how they could be some of the "best" guns on a siren build.. but my mordecai (ie hard mode) would usually kill stuff before they ever got into viable anarchy range...

I'm confused by your statement. You say that the chest does not scale, but then you say that it pops at the level you open the chest... which would be scaling.

I definitely keep a Defiler in my back pocket... I have a really really really good one and a really really good Hellfire, but a properly spec'ed Siren with an almost perfect Double Anarchy has the highest DPS in the game (w/ proficiencies, perfect class mod, skill distribution). I was able to kill most things with a single wall of bullets at medium-long range in Playthrough 2.5, and solo Crawmerax. Yes, the Anarchy's alleged weakness is extreme sniping range, but with Siren's Phasewalk that's never an issue... and I can still kill things from long range with a little more time because there's SO many bullets. You'd be surprised what "viable Anarchy range" really is. You also don't have to worry about elemental resistances.

Also, Double Anarchies will pretty much 100% daze with every trigger squeeze because that's four bullets per shot... good Anarchies have a firerate of at least 12.5 too.

Everyone has their preferred weapons, but the only amazing Legendaries are really: Hellfire, Defiler, Volcano, Ogre, Cobra (maaaybe a Pestilent Crux and Firehawk)... and you can still get bad rolls for those. My point is that purple guns can be very very good, and often exceed the strengths of the rarer guns. A good purple is rarer than a mediocre legendary anyway.

george_us

I'm gonna have to solo this for a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the game has AI partners or are you completely on your own like the first Borderlands?

iNvid02

Dishonored's style is great though. So it can't be that.

Dishonored's aesthetic is really good though. Plus he is making it sound like the game has one core mechanic, dishonored has many.
Edit: dear god there are some huge enemies in borderlands 2.

i think its just what i've seen in motion from a few trailers, just dont like the look of it. but then i see some screenshots and it looks awesome

prob just youtube compressed console footage syndrome

Raxus

Question, GMG gave me my code to add BL2 to Steam but no code for the season pass. Am I to assume the Season Pass stuff will be available for download when the game releases?

Just heard this will be available on PSN day 1. Pretty good idea for Sony to put it up. I'm pretty sure plenty of people will want this on their hardrive.

harrytang

I'm confused by your statement. You say that the chest does not scale, but then you say that it pops at the level you open the chest... which would be scaling.

everyone thinks because the key is so special and because its one time use you should receive a weapon that scales AFTER you open it. they dont exist in borderlands so not sure why people thinking that should happen. it scales to your current level before you open it. once open you stuck with it. i would think you could get a few levels use with it before putting it in stash for your next character. i'll probably use at level 20 cause i dont know how many of the classes I'll get all the way to 50 before burning out.

Just heard this will be available on PSN day 1. Pretty good idea for Sony to put it up. I'm pretty sure plenty of people will want this on their hardrive.

depends when it happens. midnight release is fine when there's no problem. i remember the GT thing... lol. and during the regular PSN update? lol no.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
everyone thinks because the key is so special and because its one time use you should receive a weapon that scales AFTER you open it. they dont exist in borderlands so not sure why people thinking that should happen. it scales to your current level before you open it. once open you stuck with it. i would think you could get a few levels use with it before putting it in stash for your next character. i'll probably use at level 20 cause i dont know how many of the classes I'll get all the way to 50 before burning out.

Oh, people are talking about the actual gun scaling. That's silly.

Sn4ke_911

Borderlands 2 Will Be Available on PSN Day One

Digital downloads, son!

Multiple European readers have noted both here and on Twitter that Borderlands 2 is already available for pre-order on the European PlayStation Store. So both North Americans and Europeans can get in on the fun.

One of the most anticipated games of the fall is right around the corner. Borderlands 2 is set to launch on September 18th – and you can head your local game store to pick up your copy then – but Sony has revealed that it will also be available for download digitally on September 18th via the PlayStation Network.

The game will cost $59.99 when downloaded digitally, and unfortunately it doesn’t seem that you can pre-order the game and get going on downloading it earlier. It will only become available for purchase once the PlayStation Store updates on Tuesday, September 18th.

On my GMG page, there's now an option that says "View Key" on my Borderlands 2 order page, but when I click it there's nothing yet. They're probably preparing to send out keys soon.

I didn't see it there after I ordered, DM. It only said "Download" when I hovered over the product on my account page.

jediyoshi

Well, it was only a buck more to go with Newegg. Worth it to not have to go through green man, but I want gaige
Edit: Yeah, still might be worth it to go with Newegg, GMG is being such a POS

Is newegg doing key distribution or shipping out boxes? What was their price?

How do you spend your store credit on GMG? I bought QC for $3.75, but it didn't take out the $1.50 I have in my credit.

edit: I'm a terrible reader. It's right in the checkout menu.

Toby

Is newegg doing key distribution or shipping out boxes? What was their price?
It was just a boxed version. They had some coupon about a month ago I got in on for $37, but it's $60 now.

I'm not sure lack of preloading, more content and a cheaper price constitute something being more worthy to most people :p
Yeah, I guess I was dumb and just assumed Newegg would be able to get me the preorder bonuses. I can't even seem to purchase from GMG though. On a side note, if anyone is up for preordering B2 for me from GMG, I can paypal the money to you.

Sn4ke_911

The Destructoid interview is really good.

Tara is not just hot she asks a lot of good and interesting questions.

Edit: It looks like Gaige is not the only DLC character we will get.

XeroSauce

How come the Weapon Manufacterer vids aren't on OT?

Great job with it BTW. Gifs and videos looks sweet and so do the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom