• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad somebody in here found out that 5% rare loot relic is close to useless. I'll use the slot for more useful relics without worrying what I'm missing out on. Cooldown rate ones, probably, since I spec'd my Axton to be a turret beast. Double-slag shielded rocket-turrets truly are life savers plus a godsend against all of the annoying enemies (hi, threshers, flying enemies, spiderants and co.).
I stopped using it a while ago and then last night decided to give it another go. it could have been a coincidence, but I came across two e-tech weapons and seemingly more blues than normal.

Drazgul

I stopped using it a while ago and then last night decided to give it another go. it could have been a coincidence, but I came across two e-tech weapons and seemingly more blues than normal.

It doesn't do anything. At all. Some people edited the 5% into 10000% (and other increments, so it's not just that the game ignores the number if it's too high) and saw no difference whatsoever in the game drops.

Paertan

So I just heard about that quest not scaling in PT 2.5 if you pick em up before lv 50.
Does this count if I play and some random dude joins and he picks up the quest? Or I join someone and do the quest?

And I was thinking how Eridium becomes useless. It would be great if you could spend Eridium to reset quests.
That gives Eridium extended purpose and it makes quest repetable but you can't exploit a quest with great reward.
Like if it was free to reset quest there would most likely be one quest that you could do over and over to get the best stuff or whatever. But lets say it costs 50 Eridium to reset then you would have to get that before you could redo that quest.

Hell make it cost 99 Eridium. Just make it possible.

eek5

So I just heard about that quest not scaling in PT 2.5 if you pick em up before lv 50.
Does this count if I play and some random dude joins and he picks up the quest? Or I join someone and do the quest?

Yes that counts. I got boned out of a quest because I joined someone doing a story mission and we finished it and the host changed the mission to some side quest that had progress on it as I was quitting. FML

As far as eridium goes, I wish bank slot upgrades were unlimited. I probably have like 400 eridium now; I don't even pick that shit up anymore. Just let me keep dumping it into bank upgrades.

DTJAAAAM

Just got hit with the Badass Rank reset glitch. I'm definitely not happy, but I'll keep plowing through TVHM and hope Gearbox can fix it.

Paertan

Yes that counts. I got boned out of a quest because I joined someone doing a story mission and we finished it and the host changed the mission to some side quest that had progress on it as I was quitting. FML

As far as eridium goes, I wish bank slot upgrades were unlimited. I probably have like 400 eridium now; I don't even pick that shit up anymore. Just let me keep dumping it into bank upgrades.

Hmm too bad. Guess I´m just gonna go for it and if I get screwed on a quest or two it will suck a bit but still propably gonna get the best stuff from bosses. Still gonna do quest with Eridium and bad rewards.

Unlimited bank slots would be great. Just keep raising the price until you get one slot for 999 Eridium or something.

Hopefully we can reset quests eventually. At least a lot of bosses are repeatable.

jgminto

Is it possible to get e-tech guns with an orange rarity?

Also is it too late to buy a season Pass?

I believe e-tech is its own level. So all e-tech weapons are classified with Magenta text. They are separate from the white, green, plue, purple and orange catagories.

I believe e-tech is its own level. So all e-tech weapons are classified with Magenta text. They are separate from the white, green, plue, purple and orange catagories.

Cool thanks for the tip.

I kinda expected Pearl class rarity weapons to be in BL2 like in BL. But I guess not.

EDIT: Also... this.

iOzR28kZnkkzd.png

Im contemplating on buying more bank spots but I can already figure out Im gonna run out deposit slots quick.

Would've been nice if the armory DLC from BL carried over.

glaurung

Are there completely alien guns like there were in the first game? I forgot what their name was.

I am still about level 20 with my commando. Had no time to play this weekend.

KAP151

Duping is already getting out of hand and people are killing Terra in seconds now.

Why the hell didnt Gearbox learn to at least fix the glitch from the first game?

Duping is already getting out of hand and people are killing Terra in seconds now.

Why the hell didnt Gearbox learn to at least fix the glitch from the first game?
Duping is going to be rampant in any game that handles saves clientside, otherwise you wouldn't be able to go offline and online with the same character. Don't know how feasible that would be on consoles either.

Gotchaye

Are there completely alien guns like there were in the first game? I forgot what their name was.

I am still about level 20 with my commando. Had no time to play this weekend.

Kinda. It depends how you mean that. There's not a separate weapon class for them anymore, and now you can just find e-tech modifiers on the various kinds of guns. Typically they do more damage per shot but use extra ammo. Some gun types also have extra weird effects, although SMGs, assault rifles, and sniper rifles are fairly boring.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Can anyone confirm that the Sheriff of Lynchwood actually drops Law pistols?

I've killed her about 10 times and nothing
Dropped on my second go around.

The guns aren't the problem. The Bee is.
I killed Terra in 8 seconds legit solo.

If you are talking hacked weapons that's another thing.

JambiBum

This is really for my own curiosity but why in a game where there is no real pvp or competitive aspect at all does duping bother people? The same thing with killing Terra or any boss super quickly. It doesn't affect you in any way. Unless you have some thing where if someone else does it you have to as well.

I don't do it and neither do my friends but we don't care if others do.

FtHTiny

I killed terra solo aswell without duping. Gearbox put the item themselves into the game that makes that boss trivial.

OK, beat the game with my Zer0.

Final boss was a cakewalk. Like, I didnt even have to move much :p

It didnt even give me good loot. Only a shotgun was good, but the one I already had was a little better. :/

Started TVHM. Man! It`s way harder!!!

Armored Maniacs! :0

I`m gonna love playing this whole thing again XD

PS - Claptrap lines:
I`M GONNA TEABAG YOUR CORPSE!

STAIRS? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I laughed so hard at these lines. :)

And I was thinking how Eridium becomes useless. It would be great if you could spend Eridium to reset quests.
That gives Eridium extended purpose and it makes quest repetable but you can't exploit a quest with great reward.
Like if it was free to reset quest there would most likely be one quest that you could do over and over to get the best stuff or whatever. But lets say it costs 50 Eridium to reset then you would have to get that before you could redo that quest.

Hell make it cost 99 Eridium. Just make it possible.

This is one of my concerns too. Once you spend the eridium on all the upgrades theres not much use for it.

Hopefully the upcoming DLC will take advantage of it.

Helscream

Banned
Well after I got a really good Ashin shield I repsec my Gunzerker to brawn. Not too sure how the tanking thing is going work in co-op, but I am going to give it a try. I still can't solo Terramorphus worth a shit. If anyone wants to try using a tank in your group feel free to send me a friend request. My PSN ID is Helscream. This build might work really well with a healing Siren, but there is only one way to find out.

Krilekk

Banned
It doesn't do anything. At all. Some people edited the 5% into 10000% (and other increments, so it's not just that the game ignores the number if it's too high) and saw no difference whatsoever in the game drops.

They probably only edited the relic description. 5 % is not much of a difference but it works for me. Have had three legendaries (shotgun, shield and a sniper) drop with no grinding at all. Also close to seventy pink drops and I'm at level 30, 40 hours into the game.

They probably only edited the relic description. 5 % is not much of a difference but it works for me. Have had three legendaries (shotgun, shield and a sniper) drop with no grinding at all. Also close to seventy pink drops and I'm at level 30, 40 hours into the game.
I believe the goon who edited the relic found that it made whites scarce in favour of greens, but little else changed otherwise.

Yep. Bee makes all the difference in the world and is the end all shield. I think other than the huge benefit it gives, the bigger flaw is how easily farmed it is. Should've made it a Vermivorous drop, would've made it longer to discover.

Kinda. It depends how you mean that. There's not a separate weapon class for them anymore, and now you can just find e-tech modifiers on the various kinds of guns. Typically they do more damage per shot but use extra ammo. Some gun types also have extra weird effects, although SMGs, assault rifles, and sniper rifles are fairly boring.

It makes sense in the game's story as to why there are no more Eridi guns.

When a kill skill is active does it show on the screen like it did in the original? I have one for the siren and I never know when its active or if it is.

HoosTrax

When a kill skill is active does it show on the screen like it did in the original? I have one for the siren and I never know when its active or if it is.
Active kill skill buffs are shown directly above your experience bar. If you look very closely, you should see some transparent boxes above it -- that's where the buffs will show once active.

Nothing like blowing through your second wind by nailing some fucker way out there with a reloaded teridore bomb. Hitting anything, with the reloaded guns is so supremely satisfying. Using a full clipped shotgun and one shotting buzzards with it is so great. Im going to assume shotguns are the best at this since all the ammo creates more concentrated damage? Rocket launchers are also way way better in this game earlier on. I always carry one with me to get out of hot spots.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My guess is that extra bank space is going to be introduced in the Mechromancer DLC. It makes the most sense. They can assauge a portion of their fans that preordered the game while making those that did not preorder the game want to buy the DLC even more.

It's kind of shitty that Gearbox hasn't addressed this issue. Bank space is laughable. The bank should have also been a safe shared between all of your characters. The secret stash is laughable.

My guess is that extra bank space is going to be introduced in the Mechromancer DLC. It makes the most sense. They can assauge a portion of their fans that preordered the game while making those that did not preorder the game want to buy the DLC even more.

It's kind of shitty that Gearbox hasn't addressed this issue. Bank space is laughable. The bank should have also been a safe shared between all of your characters. The secret stash is laughable.

This I can definitely agree with. Being able to find and share equipment between characters would incentivise more play time imo.

edgefusion

Goliaths are impossible to fight because I can't stop creasing up with laughter every time they speak!

"WELCOME TO DIE"
"SATISFY ME"
"HOW ARE YOU?"

This game is so full of great quotes all delivered so well.

I really hope Gearbox addresses Eridium use, inventory slots, bank slots and secret stash slots in the DLC. They seem to unnecessarily hold back late game and end game play. I would love to see inventory SDU's reset with TVHM so you can buy another round of them and get your backpack to 50 slots or more.

equil

This is really for my own curiosity but why in a game where there is no real pvp or competitive aspect at all does duping bother people? The same thing with killing Terra or any boss super quickly. It doesn't affect you in any way. Unless you have some thing where if someone else does it you have to as well.

I don't do it and neither do my friends but we don't care if others do.

I agree with this. Why do people care?

HoosTrax

I agree with this. Why do people care?
But, but "diluting the loot pool"! My e-peen is diminished if everyone has legendaries!

Is what I assume the mentality is. Otherwise I can't fathom why people are bothered over how other people who they don't play co-op with choose to play their game.

Now that said, while I have no problem with the Bee shield, I'm not a big fan of duping, because I kind of like seeing all the different variations that are possible for each legendary. At least, I don't see myself ever asking for a dupe. I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone else their right to do it though.

How do these people who are complaining feel about games like Torchlight and Titan Quest btw, both of which are very open to modding, including drop rate mods? (the mod package loader is even an official part of the game, in the case of Torchlight)

Been seeing really bad frame rates in co-op PS3. Like 10 fps at some points. Single player holds well but co-op, it gets bad some time! Still super fun to play though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
But, but "diluting the loot pool"! My e-peen is diminished if everyone has legendaries!

Is what I assume the mentality is. Otherwise I can't fathom why people are bothered over how other people who they don't play co-op with choose to play their game.

Now that said, while I have no problem with the Bee shield, I'm not a big fan of duping, because I kind of like seeing all the different variations that are possible for each legendary. At least, I don't see myself ever asking for a dupe. I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone else their right to do it though.

How do these people who are complaining feel about games like Torchlight and Titan Quest btw, both of which are very open to modding, including drop rate mods? (the mod package loader is even an official part of the game, in the case of Torchlight)

Duping is cheating, simply put. Some people are okay with that, and some won't be. You laugh about diluting the pool, or whatever, but this was a problem in Borderlands 1. In Borderlands 1, modded and duped weapons ruined the game experience for a lot of people in public games because of glitches or making the game too easy.

I don't like duping or modding in games like these and I'd love it if they were eliminated entirely, but I also understand peoples' desire to do so.

sophora

I really hope Gearbox addresses Eridium use, inventory slots, bank slots and secret stash slots in the DLC. They seem to unnecessarily hold back late game and end game play. I would love to see inventory SDU's reset with TVHM so you can buy another round of them and get your backpack to 50 slots or more.

Been said before in this thread but I would like a slot machine that takes Eridium instead of cash and it being able to rarely give you a golden key or something.

aznpxdd

This is gonna be a super noob question, but how do I redeem this game? I just purchased a GTX670 recently from Tigerdirect, where do I go redeem the game? Was I suppose to receive a physical coupon or just a code E-Mail from Tigerdirect? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Gorillaz

Dropped on my second go around.

what do you do in a shoot and loot game when you have all the best loot? Thats why Im not rushing to farm for the bee like everyone else did day 1 it would basically kill the fun i have with the game now.

microtubule

This is gonna be a super noob question, but how do I redeem this game? I just purchased a GTX670 recently from Tigerdirect, where do I go redeem the game? Was I suppose to receive a physical coupon or just a code E-Mail from Tigerdirect? Thanks to anyone who can help.

There should be a coupon code that came with the video card. You would need that code to enter on this page

Ricker

So Slag is corrosive?? I had a first quest yesterday,the one to kill Zeke and his partner, I had to slag his partner first and then kill him...what the hell is slag first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom