• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chef

fellow Commandos, what tree are you using? i've been using Gunpowder but something about the tree seems kind of meh. thinking of switching to Survival.

Forget the name but I am exclusively doing the far left tree. Having such an incredibly powerful sentry gun is the coolest thing ever.

Darklord

Banned
Two things.

1) PhysX implementation is excellent. Throw away effects, but they look good and the performance hit on my GTX 570 seems to be negligible. I especially love the debris effect. Looks great after driving around and getting into shoot out.

My game keeps crashing with PhysX turned on. :(

I dont i will ever feel powerful as Maya. All of the trees are just crowd control and the dmg per sec on all her elemental stuff is weak. im 29 and i think i want to switch to gunzerker or melee zero.

Gravijah

Forget the name but I am exclusively doing the far left tree. Having such an incredibly powerful sentry gun is the coolest thing ever.

i've been eyeballing that, too. it's kind of weird how the Sentry based tree doesn't lower the cooldown on it, though!

Are we sure that's his face? I mean, it still has the same discolouration as compared to his forehead and neck, and the upper right portion still has a bolt there. More importantly, he looks the exact same! Why would he wear a mask?
The discolouration here is more that his real face paled over time or that he tanned after getting the mask. He still has the hinges all around his face, but they've been broken. Also, he doesn't look exactly the same :p he's hiding the vault marking and blind eye. Here's a clearer view of the face I found on the wiki.

parasight

Are we sure that's his face? I mean, it still has the same discolouration as compared to his forehead and neck, and the upper right portion still has a bolt there. More importantly, he looks the exact same! Why would he wear a mask?

I thought it was kind of like a Dr. Doom thing

abundant

I dont i will ever feel powerful as Maya. All of the trees are just crowd control and the dmg per sec on all her elemental stuff is weak. im 29 and i think i want to switch to gunzerker or melee zero.

Don't stop until you are lvl 31 and unlock Ruin. It destroys everything in Normal mode and it's pretty useful in TVHM too.

nel e nel

fellow Commandos, what tree are you using? i've been using Gunpowder but something about the tree seems kind of meh. thinking of switching to Survival.

I'm only level 22 with my Commando at the moment, but I'm going to do Survival supplemented with Guerrilla.

Something along the lines of this:

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?54540100000000000000055404105101

Gunzerkers: I know there was some discussion on whether Filled to the Brim or Inconceivable was better, but now that we've had a week for it to soak in, what are your thoughts? I rolled a Gunzerker this weekend to play with a buddy who just got the game, and found it to be really fun. Before playing him I was thinking of going full Brawn, but now I'm thinking of going full Rampage.

Kikarian

I flet the same with Zer0. I only felt powerful when using deception. I'm starting a new char which is Maya. I decide between the two and pick which I like best.

HoosTrax

Her phaselock, combined with Converge + Chain Reaction + Wreck + Reaper destroys regular mobs. It's also pretty useful for survival purposes, to keep melee mobs from getting up in your face.

She is quite useless against a lot of bosses though. Her phaselock goes right of the equation, along with a lot of her DPS.

Woo-Fu

Banned
New favorite gun.

3JoGR.jpg

The pellets are in a 3x3 grid, square, like a minecraft cube. Each pellet appears to be a minecraft flame texture. The pellets have very little spread over distance and they bounce once or twice, individually.

Needless to say this thing eats wildlife alive. Couple it with the Bee and everything dies, can kill multiples with just one blast.

Kikarian

New favorite gun.

3JoGR.jpg

The pellets are in a 3x3 grid, square, like a minecraft cube. Each pellet appears to be a minecraft flame texture. The pellets have very little spread over distance and they bounce once or twice, individually.

Needless to say this thing eats wildlife alive. Couple it with the Bee and everything dies, can kill multiples with just one blast.
I need to get this!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Two things.

1) PhysX implementation is excellent. Throw away effects, but they look good and the performance hit on my GTX 570 seems to be negligible. I especially love the debris effect. Looks great after driving around and getting into shoot out.

2) Chick who plays the AI is cute.

Have you not seen the goo blood or the ky jelly water yet?

Atruvius

New favorite gun.

3JoGR.jpg

:O Where did you get that!?

New favorite gun.

3JoGR.jpg

great gun there- first i've seen in this thread Im jealous of- congrats!

Icomp

Just continued a game on my Gunzerker and it suddenly said I had 2 golden keys left. I knew I had one left from the shift promotion and I used my premiere key the first time I saw the chest.

So.. I don't know what's happening. Anything global or something?

Aurongel

Ughn, the second playthrough has really soured my experience with the game overall. I'm finding that Axton's special skill is borderline useless when faced with enemies on the same level as yourself. My turret gets smoked within seconds of being deployed and will often "fall inside" of certain objects that I plant it on. I'm doing the quest for Hammerlock involving mutated varkids and its been an absolute chore to kill these things. I'm a level above them yet they WILL destroy my turrets from 20+ yards away with their ranged attack.

Any veteran Axton players have any advice? I'm feeling severely underpowered for my level.

sophora

Ughn, the second playthrough has really soured my experience with the game overall. I'm finding that Axton's special skill is borderline useless when faced with enemies on the same level as yourself. My turret gets smoked within seconds of being deployed and will often "fall inside" of certain objects that I plant it on. I'm doing the quest for Hammerlock involving mutated varkids and its been an absolute chore to kill these things. I'm a level above them yet they WILL destroy my turrets from 20+ yards away with their ranged attack.

Any veteran Axton players have any advice? I'm feeling severely underpowered for my level.

I don't play Axton personally but my co-op partner does. I've watched him solo that quest, he was running his turrets with the shield add-on. Not sure how much that helps.

Aurongel

I don't play Axton personally but my co-op partner does. I've watched him solo that quest, he was running his turrets with the shield add-on. Not sure how much that helps.

The shield add on does nothing. Honestly, enemies usually break it after about 6-10 seconds or so, the mutated varkid just one-shots it. Useless.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Survival is a pretty terrible tree imo here's my build. The talents really don't help you survive and it's not worth wasting all those points for dual turrets especially when double up combined with longbow and that extra health from it does way more than having a shield that goes down in like 5 hits.
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?55054150015005015010011000000000

Using Terra class mod to get free extra health 5/5 from healthy and 1 in Prep just to have even more regen for that extra survivability. Works pretty damny well for boss farming, regular firefights etc. Turret tanks, slags and dpses like a champ while I can destroy everything myself.

End game spoiler:
What's preventing Jack from using one of his own Hyperion spawning devices?
:p
What's stopping Roland either? Well, there was the theory that once Roland went resistance his Hyperion New-U profile was revoked and yada yada yada. Ludonarrative dissonances all up in this.

FStop7

Banned
awesome game, accidentally used my golden key on level 12 ;(

In my experience you get better drops in the world than you do from the golden chest.

I had 5 keys and have used 2 so far. Both times I've gotten guns or class mods that were inferior to loot I'd pulled off of corpses throughout the course of the game.

Megasoum

Banned
What's stopping Roland either? Well, there was the theory that once Roland went resistance his Hyperion New-U profile was revoked and yada yada yada. Ludonarrative dissonances all up in this.

Yeah...
It's the same idea that make it that in a game you can get hit by hundreds of bullets without dying but one bullet in a cutscene will kill you.

It's stupid but it's a common thing with games nowadays.

The Chef

i've been eyeballing that, too. it's kind of weird how the Sentry based tree doesn't lower the cooldown on it, though!

Be a master at one thing instead of good at everything is how I feel.
Having my sentry gun shooting dozens of rockets and machine guns is truly the most satisfying thing to use.

Meier

The mutated varkids wrecked the shit out of me (as Zer0) on my first playthrough if it makes ya feel any better. I think in terms of level versus difficulty, they are by far the hardest thing I've faced yet.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Survival is a pretty terrible tree imo here's my build. The talents really don't help you survive and it's not worth wasting all those points for dual turrets especially when double up combined with longbow and that extra health from it does way more than having a shield that goes down in like 5 hits.
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?55054150015005015010011000000000

Using Terra class mod to get free extra health 5/5 from healthy and 1 in Prep just to have even more regen for that extra survivability. Works pretty damny well for boss farming, regular firefights etc. Turret tanks, slags and dpses like a champ while I can destroy everything myself.

Dizzy-4U

So, for playthrough 2, do I need to do just the story missions and leave all the sidequests for 2.5? That's the most efficient way?

So, for playthrough 2, do I need to do just the story missions and leave all the sidequests for 2.5? That's the most efficient way?
You can take on any sides that you won't care to go back an get scaled rewards for if you need some exp, but I just hammered through the story missions.

HoodWinked

ya ruin is too good. it throws slag on the target and if you also get wreck its hilarious how fast you destroy some enemies.

strongest characters for 30-49 is axton imo, 50 its zero and maya since they scale alot better with gears/guns.

neoism

Zero's last ability in his bloodshed tree is amazing with the combination of law (100% melee bonus) and the shield you get from the second crime solving quest that gives you health for damage done by melee. I can easily take out an entire area of enemies while staying invisible the whole time. I don't even need to fire a bullet now unless it's a boss or flying enemy.

:O

I can not believe how much fun I am having with this game, I tried to resist getting it beacuse I already am digging deep in Torchlight 2, but sleep he damned, I will be playing both titles for a very, very long time.

Big improvement over Borderlands, Gearbox I salute you!

2012100100014.jpg

I am...entertained.

It does the grenade when reloading thing, but it flies around like a boomerang as it finds a target. pretty hawt. as is the damage.

Oh, and took down
Bunk3r
again. Did that whole mission without a death. Dude was pretty ridiculous. He was 2 levels higher than me for some reason, and it showed. It took me maybe 15 minutes and about 2,000 rounds of sniper, pistol and AR ammo (combined, of course) to take him down. If not for the +64% sniper ammo and +64% AR ammo relic I found, I might not have been able to take him down. I was pent up most of the fight in that loft area. Got downed twice and was maybe 5 seconds away from being gone if not for the trusty "get out of death free" 90k damage rocket launcher.

Felt good.

Siren's Sweet Release is just the best shit ever. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Unicorn

Okay, so, I cleared Where Angels Fear To Tread and am doing a lot of side stuff (and also started a Lilith run in BL1 because hey why not)

First off,
NNNNNAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHHHYYYYYYYYYY. My previous requested st for the OG four to be playable in the game would be...um...weird. But it might be fun if they actually put in a few lines of dialogue about it being weird. I can still envision a DLC quest that's basically "Send In The Clones" and results in you having playable versions of all four OGs. But yeah. Jack, I'm going to murder you with Roland's gun.

I'm a little inclined to stick with BL1 for a while. I haven't been hit by the Badass Wipe Bug, but I really don't want to be.

Also, where did people get that AMAZEBALLS Alkaline [Something] Maya head? It's all Captain Marvel Jamie McKelvie and shit!! DO WANT.
Perhaps a plot hole or I'm thinking too much, but
Why doesn't he respawn from a new-U station? I'm constantly reminded why permanent death is laughable, so unless he had zero dollars to pay the bill, where was his last checkpoint?

Also, any Badass has a chance to drop that head.

Log4Girlz

New favorite gun.

3JoGR.jpg

I got it first playthrough and will again. I always wear my minecraft head :)

Only need to do a couple of quests for the Did it all trophy + one other trophy and then platinum is mine....

I played this game for hours and hours already, did all the lvl 1 challenges, murdered Terramorphous, played most of the game mostly solo and got rare items dropping on me...

But I've never and I mean NEVER EVER EVER seen a chubby creature spawn (for the Cute Loot trophy).

I read he spawns more regularly when playing co-op and I've been scouring the Caustic Caverns for a while now, but the damn creature won't spawn...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

(funny enough I had Jenkins spawn on me in practically the first box I opened in Opportunity lol)

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
What do you guys think of my potential tree? I really want "Nuke" and spread the rest of the points around so that I can throw my turret to walls.

OsN9d.png

Xevren

Only need to do a couple of quests for the Did it all trophy + one other trophy and then platinum is mine....

I played this game for hours and hours already, did all the lvl 1 challenges, murdered Terramorphous, played most of the game mostly solo and got rare items dropping on me...

But I've never and I mean NEVER EVER EVER seen a chubby creature spawn (for the Cute Loot trophy).

I read he spawns more regularly when playing co-op and I've been scouring the Caustic Caverns for a while now, but the damn creature won't spawn...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

(funny enough I had Jenkins spawn on me in practically the first box I opened in Opportunity lol)

Ugh, I just need Jenkins and I'll pretty much be done. That fucker is dumb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom