• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
slag em then hit em with corrosive weapons. slagging is optional. but i carry around a kick ass corrosive sniper just for robots.

i've noticed that unless i phaselock a surveyor, my team is absolutely fucking lost when it comes to killing them

I like this look on Maya:
2012-09-30_00002.jpg

2012-09-30_00001.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Wow, surprisingly, I think the Armored Maniacs are probably the worst ennemies I've seen so far in the THVM. I just can't get their health down. It's takes a LOT of bullets.

Xevren

Wow, surprisingly, I think the Armored Maniacs are probably the worst ennemies I've seen so far in the THVM. I just can't get their health down. It's takes a LOT of bullets.

Corrosive takes em down pretty easy. Learn to love your elemental weapons in THVM.

Megasoum

Banned
Corrosive takes em down pretty easy. Learn to love your elemental weapons in THVM.

Yeah I know... and I'm about to do the dam mission which means that I REALLY need a corosive weapon... Guess which of the elemental weapons I don't have right now? ugh...Maybe I'll get lucky before I get out of the sewers.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I haven't used a gun with normal bullets since I hit Sanctuary in Normal mode :x

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah I know... and I'm about to do the dam mission which means that I REALLY need a corosive weapon... Guess which of the elemental weapons I don't have right now? ugh...Maybe I'll get lucky before I get out of the sewers.

If you have money just keep tipping moxie. Eventually one of her two guns she gives out will come up corrosive for you.

Karl2177

This just happened to me as well. I love the game, so I'm not going to stop because of it, but losing 3-4% bonus on just about everything is a kick in the groin. It seems like playing co-op split/screen increases the chances of this glitch.

I had gun accuracy up to around 6-7%, and recoil reduction to 6%. Now most of my guns are going crazy on the first shot because they are Hyperion. So I can either spend all of my money hoping to get different guns, or I can fight through the inaccuracy.

I've also come to the conclusion that you can't reapply the skins easily. They're gone for good, unless you use a different character that didn't use the skin unlock. I was using the Vladof Sickle skin for Zer0 when I was reset. My friend was playing the slots when he won the Assassin Vladof Sickle skin. We traded in-game and it said it was already unlocked. I threw it in my stash and opened up one of my other Assassin playthroughs. It worked, but it still doesn't appear in the one I unlocked it originally for. I'm really hoping this all can be fixed in the patch.

I initially said I wouldn't want more arenas via DLC, but after having a lot of fun in the one included with the game, I think I'd like some more varied arenas.

Do legendary weapons scale with you? Any point to going back and farming early game legendary guns?

They dont scale. But I'm at level 45 now still using a legendary level 32 pistol that I got off the first boss in NG+. They're quite good.

Ugh great another Halloween DLC. Will probably pass unless it really impresses, which most halloween gimmicks don't.

My favorite holiday. I'll buy it day 1. I'm a sucker for Halloween stuff.

Poyunch

I don't care if the Bane makes you extremely slow, the hilarity of using it is worth it.

Also that Hyperion Contract Quest was total BS.
Cleared everything but Shock because it's not really the useful if you have a good slag gun. And after completing the quest I got a Shock weapon. I really really would have preferred a Corrosive Sniper just in case for Loaders.

Megasoum

Banned
So yeah, what do you get from the bonus objectives exactly? Is it just extra XP/Cash? I feel like the game is not very clear about that. Could be a bit more upfront.

I don't care if the Bane makes you extremely slow, the hilarity of using it is worth it.

Also that Hyperion Contract Quest was total BS.
Cleared everything but Shock because it's not really the useful if you have a good slag gun. And after completing the quest I got a Shock weapon. I really really would have preferred a Corrosive Sniper just in case for Loaders.

I think you always get the same reward for that mission.

The Murdering Slagga Legendary SMG is beastly. With the Motion + Harmony tree, as well as my relics and mods:

+80% Firing Rate (during Phaselock)
+80% SMG Damage
+40% Gun Damage (during Phaselock)
+30% Reload Speed
+25% Critical Hit Damage

Drazgul

I never leave Sanctuary with more than 100k. Slots are too much fun. Money definitely has a use in this game.

The only thing worthwhile at 50 would be getting the legendary, and that's something like 1 in 10,000 chance. Not gonna sit there for hours waiting for that to happen, but you have fun. :p

Oh and you might want to keep like 500k instead - you sometimes can find some decent stuff for sale in the guns/ammo/health stations, and they can cost a lot.

It's only Rat Thieves and if you kill them, they drop the money they stole. The cash pickup is a brownish color, though, not yellow.

The Murdering Slagga Legendary SMG is beastly. With the Motion + Harmony tree, as well as my relics and mods:

+80% Firing Rate (during Phaselock)
+80% SMG Damage
+40% Gun Damage (during Phaselock)
+30% Reload Speed
+25% Critical Hit Damage

So YOU crashed my game. Yeah the Slagga is awesome.

Megasoum

Banned
I really hate the fact that if you die during a boss fight all the enemies' health will reset to full but the adds won'T despawn. Since most of the bosses are always spawning a shit ton of adds then that means that if you don't kill a boss on the first try then all the other tries afterward will be a lot tougher...

That's a terrible design decision.

I really hate the fact that if you die during a boss fight all the enemies' health will reset to full but the adds won'T despawn. Since most of the bosses are always spawning a shit ton of adds then that means that if you don't kill a boss on the first try then all the other tries afterward will be a lot tougher...

That's a terrible design decision.

Except bosses are only able to spawn X number of adds. You aren't going to get a million extra enemies at one time on the last boss. You will only have those mostly passive rakks and the two or three of the other enemy at one time.

Woah. You guys are throwing around hundreds of thousands of dollaridoos and the most I've had is around 35k. Is there a point that you reach in the game where money just screams towards you or something?

Woah. You guys are throwing around hundreds of thousands of dollaridoos and the most I've had is around 35k. Is there a point that you reach in the game where money just screams towards you or something?

Yeah, weapons increase in value later on, even white and green colored ones.

Can you only get the legendary from the hodunks or Zaffords on the second play through or can you get it any time?

Any time, but it's best to farm for them at higher levels.

Yeah, in TVHM you find yourself constantly selling lowly white items worth at least $10k a piece. Cash pickups increase as well. You get to the point where money is of no concern whatsoever.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah all the time, I did it with a team of two. Hes super easy even without the Bee.

Well damn, that's really disappointing lol

Here I was playing as much as possible so I could hit level 50 and try to take him on with some friends. Maybe it'll get patched? I doubt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom