• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get the season pass from gmg but both my capitalone and juniper card wont go through. Juniper says they wont unblocked that site and capital one says that they don't even get an attempted transaction ffs.

One thing that impressed me starting a Lilith game in BL1 just for shiggs was that it's actually just as funny and clever as 2. The early thing with Claptrap needing repairs ("I can see...the code!") was brill.

It's rougher around the edges, but that magic, that fucking heart and soul, it's still there. I can see myself subsisting on just these two games forever.

kami_sama

One question: I'm trying to get The Bee, and I want to farm, but when I open the door, he isn't there but he says the thing he always says. Any tip on how to fix that?

And one tip for those who are lever 30 or more:
In firestone, there are 3 chest that drop a lot of very rare items, one in the roof of the weapon shop, one inside the health shop and one in the roof of the building where you kill Saturn. The first and the last are very easy to get.
And you will kill Saturn (I think it's one of the most easy boss fights). The chances of getting very rare drops are VERY high. And you will get at least 2 or 3 eridium.
In 2 hours I got 4 e-tech, 5 or 6 purples and a pile of blues and greens. And like 30 or 40 eridium and 100k of money.

I'm only level 22 with my Commando at the moment, but I'm going to do Survival supplemented with Guerrilla.

Something along the lines of this:

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?54540100000000000000055404105101

Gunzerkers: I know there was some discussion on whether Filled to the Brim or Inconceivable was better, but now that we've had a week for it to soak in, what are your thoughts? I rolled a Gunzerker this weekend to play with a buddy who just got the game, and found it to be really fun. Before playing him I was thinking of going full Brawn, but now I'm thinking of going full Rampage.

I have both. Win-win.

I'm damn near full Rampage and can wipe out an area by myself. A ton of fun, and your ammo costs are lower once you get the cooldown low.
All of my other points are going into Gun Lust. As it stands down, 7/5 points in Health regen for the Brawn tree, and that's it (class mod, otherwise it's just 3). It's a bit rough until you have great guns, and then life is beautiful.

Also, I picked up a Purple corrosive pistol, great damage, but there's a caption called "Dodge This"--I then realized that it teleports bullets to a target as long as you aim and fire properly.

I love this game.

One question: I'm trying to get The Bee, and I want to farm, but when I open the door, he isn't there but he says the thing he always says. Any tip on how to fix that?

Reload. It took 7-8 tries for me to get mine.

Insaniac

Got this lovely E-tech off the warrior in PT1 and this thing has been my work horse in PT2, i love it

eTmkR.jpg

Aggrotek

Is anyone level 50 on the xbox version that
Sided with the Zaford's instead of the Hodunks? I wanna get the Slagga.

Maybe I'm just unlucky but the loot in this game is fucking terrible if you're playing solo, seriously whoever was in charge of balancing this mess should be fired

edgefusion

Maybe I'm just unlucky but the loot in this game is fucking terrible if you're playing solo, seriously whoever was in charge of balancing this mess should be fired

Haha yeah, I played the whole thing solo and pretty much got bunk the whole way through. Some of the weapons in this thread made my eyes pop.

Avinexus

How do you clear
The Warrior's
body? I can't finish the final quest because his body landed on the button I have to press...

Fuck me I shot a corrosive sniper round at a constructor and it bounced off the shield they sometimes have and it killed me. I was at full health and shields too.

one_kill

How do you clear
The Warrior's
body? I can't finish the final quest because his body landed on the button I have to press...
hahaha! I've noticed
The Warrior's
body drops on items, but not the button.

I'm actually farming weapons and eridium fighting it. Need to gear up for the level 50 beast post-game.

Cat Party

Fuck me I shot a corrosive sniper round at a constructor and it bounced off the shield they sometimes have and it killed me. I was at full health and shields too.

There's no way it killed you alone. It was probably an unseen hot or exp loader or something to drop your shields and health.

i agree that the solo play loot is pretty lame, at least give me the option of pumping the difficulty to that of 4 player co-op difficulty.(moar enemies moar loot.)

Haha yeah, I played the whole thing solo and pretty much got bunk the whole way through. Some of the weapons in this thread made my eyes pop.
yep. I need more people to play with. if anyone wants to play with a 33 assassin let me know

also with the balancing, the fact that badass constructors can nuke you three times in succession is bullshit

Meier

I've had pretty crappy luck on the loot front as well. Only played solo up to this point (lvl 23 or so) and I've only ever gotten 1 orange and it was after the Firehawk fight as I recall where I assume everyone gets one. Item was underpowered and I didn't even use it ironically.

I've received 12 purples and I'd say about 3-4 of these are from skins/heads. :(

There's no way it killed you alone. It was probably an unseen hot or exp loader or something to drop your shields and health.

The impact wrecked my shield and then the corrosive effect chewed threw my health. It was a really high end sniper rifle.The constructor was the only thing alive and it wasn't firing at me. It hit me and I ran around looking for health to no avail. The kill wasn't instant, but it was definitely the sniper rifle that did it to me.

Gravijah

I've had pretty crappy luck on the loot front as well. Only played solo up to this point (lvl 23 or so) and I've only ever gotten 1 orange and it was after the Firehawk fight as I recall where I assume everyone gets one. Item was underpowered and I didn't even use it ironically.

I've received 12 purples and I'd say about 3-4 of these are from skins/heads. :(

i've been co-oping with someone and i'm a similar level and not a single orange has dropped. probably not that many purples either.

edit: wait, purple heads? bastard.

Megasoum

Banned
So if you do the first playthrough with all the side quests and then do TVHM straitght through without any sidequests. Are you supposed to be 50 by the time you finish it the second time? I don't want ot have to farm before starting 2.5

I dont i will ever feel powerful as Maya. All of the trees are just crowd control and the dmg per sec on all her elemental stuff is weak. im 29 and i think i want to switch to gunzerker or melee zero.

I'd say go with what you find fun. Reading forums everyone from all 4 classes think that they suck and picked the worst class.

nel e nel

I have both. Win-win.

I'm damn near full Rampage and can wipe out an area by myself. A ton of fun, and your ammo costs are lower once you get the cooldown low.
All of my other points are going into Gun Lust. As it stands down, 7/5 points in Health regen for the Brawn tree, and that's it (class mod, otherwise it's just 3). It's a bit rough until you have great guns, and then life is beautiful.

Also, I picked up a Purple corrosive pistol, great damage, but there's a caption called "Dodge This"--I then realized that it teleports bullets to a target as long as you aim and fire properly.

I love this game.

Yeah, when I'm playing with my co-op characters, I'm really trying to role play as much as possible and stick to guns that fit each class. So when I was playing my Gunzerker, I asked my teammates to keep an eye out for Vladof guns to take advantage of those high fire rates.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got a gunzerker build they like? I've tried a few but nothing really clicks.

I'm doing the rampage tree almost exclusively and I'm liking it. The mid and end game have definitely made up for the early game where I felt very weak.

I thought this was my build -

iOd2K.png

But the builder says I'd need to be level 31 to do that and I think I'm still 29 or 30. May have removed the two points in brawn on respec, but I don't think so because I'm pretty sure I still remember seeing their icons pop up in game.

one85x

So if you do the first playthrough with all the side quests and then do TVHM straitght through without any sidequests. Are you supposed to be 50 by the time you finish it the second time? I don't want ot have to farm before starting 2.5
You'll fall behind in levels pretty quickly if you just do the story missions. You can still do sidequests, just ignore the ones with blue or purple loot.

Lakitu

st5fu
Um... how do I get into the place where I have to upload Jack's voice samples into Angel? I've looked all over the waypoint and there's nothing there, it points to below me and the only way there is a door that won't open.

eek5

Anyone got a gunzerker build they like? I've tried a few but nothing really clicks.

cjlME.png

Up until PT2 I was fully in rampage tree. I switched over to Brawn for PT2. I have a purple version of my mod but it doesn't boost Last Longer/Yippi Ki Yay as much (and has a random skill boost in Lay Waste which I don't find useful).

Basically the mod is +35% cooldown rate, boosts me to +30s gunzerking duration, +4.2s duration per kill while gunzerking. Then the skills I have in brawn allow me to run 50% faster while gunzerking and +30% when I get hit (I'm not sure if this stacks) so I'm pretty much running super fast all the time lol.

I'll probably respec and move bubble gum to max Juggernaut (damage reduction kill skill) or Aint got time to bleed (health regen in gunzerker). I might remove fistfull too since it isn't that great.

edit: I have a bunch of random skills allocated and stuff not maxed out because I switch class mods sometimes*

Balphon

Um... how do I get into the place where I have to upload Jack's voice samples into Angel? I've looked all over the waypoint and there's nothing there, it points to below me and the only way there is a door that won't open.

It's beneath you; you'll have to go around and down some stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom