• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sec0nd

So I just started playing the game and I started as Zero, just because he looked so bad ass in the opening video. After playing for an hour I realised I'll probably run-n-gun this game. Should I start a new character that's more designed for that style of play? If so, which one should I pick? The Commando or the Gunzerker?

Up until PT2 I was fully in rampage tree. I switched over to Brawn for PT2. I have a purple version of my mod but it doesn't boost Last Longer/Yippi Ki Yay as much (and has a random skill boost in Lay Waste which I don't find useful).

I started PT2 will a full rampage build but I'm finding it pretty hard. I've already died more times before reaching Sanctuary than I did in PT1 more or less. Guess I'll have to drop the gunzerker build and go in for a more defensive one. Any suggestions on must have abilities? I use a class mod with +1000 health and 25% reload speed odd, not properties that add to the skill tree.

El_Chino

What do you guys think of my potential tree? I really want "Nuke" and spread the rest of the points around so that I can throw my turret to walls.

OsN9d.png

You might regret that.

Ark

Yup...it's REALLY annoying that everytime I restart the game I have to rewatch the Marcus and Zed intro in sanctuary...

I don't really care for Marcus as a character, but I really enjoy Dr. Zed. I enjoyed his zombie island DLC in the first game too.

Jonm1010

Banned
Alright I'm starting to get really annoyed.

There is this one undiscovered mission I've literally spent over an hour on on two different occasions and can't find the solution to it.

So after
the sanctuary up and leaves
an undiscovered quest in the sanctuary area pops up telling me "mordecai buried some treasure a while back -- if you can find it, it's yours."

Well I can't fucking find it and it's really beginning to irritate me... Any help?

Yup...it's REALLY annoying that everytime I restart the game I have to rewatch the Marcus and Zed intro in sanctuary...

The .ini edit to disable intro videos at the start of the game also skips those Marcus/Zed videos in Sanctuary. I've seen this happen with 2 different playthroughs. In solo mode, you'll just continue the game after a 1 second hitch. If you join someone else's co-op game, then you'll get frozen in your spot while the video plays for them (you still won't see it).

Megasoum

Banned
I don't really care for Marcus as a character, but I really enjoy Dr. Zed. I enjoyed his zombie island DLC in the first game too.

Oh I have nothing against the characters, I like them both. It's just really annoying to have to watch the unskipable cutscene everytime I restart the game.

Cat Party

There is this one undiscovered mission I've literally spent over an hour on on two different occasions and can't find the solution to it.

So after
an undiscovered quest in the sanctuary area pops up telling me "mordecai buried some treasure a while back -- if you can find it, it's yours."

Well I can't fucking find it and it's really beginning to irritate me... Any help?

I think that mission is triggered just by talking to Mordecai. The actual questline has you go out to the Dust.

So after

The actual location of
the treasure is in a graveyard that you reach by following the path behind Ellie's garage
. To get it it you have to follow a fairly simple quest line. There's nothing special about the quest so I'm not sure why you're stuck here. It's not like you have to find the thing randomly in the game world.

Jonm1010

Banned
The actual location of
the treasure is in a graveyard that you reach by following the path behind Ellie's garage
. To get it it you have to follow a fairly simple quest line. There's nothing special about the quest so I'm not sure why you're stuck here. It's not like you have to find the thing randomly in the game world.
Ok. Maybe that explains things. I was assuming that they meant it was buried in the location
the sanctuary used to exist before it moved. But I guess on reflection it is called the sanctuary hole.
I guess I need to progress the story since I'm at the point right now where that just happened.

How does this tipping Moxxi stuff work?

I've been tipping her and she's twice said, "I think it's time your generosity was rewarded."

But nothing happens. Do I need to keep going?

eek5

I started PT2 will a full rampage build but I'm finding it pretty hard. I've already died more times before reaching Sanctuary than I did in PT1 more or less. Guess I'll have to drop the gunzerker build and go in for a more defensive one. Any suggestions on must have abilities? I use a class mod with +1000 health and 25% reload speed odd, not properties that add to the skill tree.

The final skill in brawn is much better than the one in rampage IMO which is mainly why I switched. I like rampage a lot because gunzerking is fun and the longer you gunzerk the better but the final skill in brawn basically recharges your HP to max with one press of a button (almost instantly). You can really take advantage of this by grabbing

* Hard to Kill (+20% max health +0.5% Max health regen per sec)
* Sexual Tyrannosaurus (+2% health regen for 5 sec on hit)

Get a shield that gives +health and a mod that gives +hp% and you'd destroy stuff w/ really high regen and high HP and an ohshit button w/ "come at me bro".

One thing to keep in mind is that in solo, come at me bro doesn't change anything except max out your HP. In coop you want to get to safety before popping it because it'll aggro everything close to you.

I also recommend all the speed buffs. It's great being able to run around really fast. In coop you can take your time at vending machines and stuff and still catch up to people just by popping gunzerk.

I think you can go gunlust+brawn but I chose to go rampage because I wanted longer gunzerk duration so I could run fast for longer. Having the ability to toss two grenades is really nice as well if you get a good grenade mod. Inconceivable (+50% chance for shots not to consome ammo) is literally a life saver too so I'd get that no matter what build you have. I've shot off like 10 shotgun rounds in a row in FFYL on a shotgun that can only shoot twice before reloading before lmao

The actual location of

Is that how you get there? Dang. I had two quests that took me to that same place, and each time I ended up glitching my way up the rocks behind it.

How does this tipping Moxxi stuff work?

I've been tipping her and she's twice said, "I think it's time your generosity was rewarded."

But nothing happens. Do I need to keep going?

When she says that, she turns from you and shakes her ass. That's your reward. But yeah, keep giving her more money until she offers you her favorite guns. On NG I got 2. On NG+ she skipped the first and went right to the 2nd.

neoism

fucking woow this game is retarded.... I thought when you play co-op any quest done is done on the hosts game... I had all the side quest undiscovered and was at wide life story quest and of course the stupid difficulty made it hard as fuck so I decided to play co-op... now all the shitty quest the randoms did is on my game and I have like 10 quest that are traival with level 38 prizes... fucking retarded... think I'm done with this game til the dlc... some amazing design decisions in this game but some stuff just doesn't make any fucking sense...:/

Gvaz

Banned
They probably only edited the relic description. 5 % is not much of a difference but it works for me. Have had three legendaries (shotgun, shield and a sniper) drop with no grinding at all. Also close to seventy pink drops and I'm at level 30, 40 hours into the game.

Uh uh. The guy who does this knows his shit.

The final skill in brawn is much better than the one in rampage IMO which is mainly why I switched. I like rampage a lot because gunzerking is fun and the longer you gunzerk the better but the final skill in brawn basically recharges your HP to max with one press of a button (almost instantly). You can really take advantage of this by grabbing

* Hard to Kill (+20% max health +0.5% Max health regen per sec)
* Sexual Tyrannosaurus (+2% health regen for 5 sec on hit)

Get a shield that gives +health and a mod that gives +hp% and you'd destroy stuff w/ really high regen and high HP and an ohshit button w/ "come at me bro".

One thing to keep in mind is that in solo, come at me bro doesn't change anything except max out your HP. In coop you want to get to safety before popping it because it'll aggro everything close to you.

I also recommend all the speed buffs. It's great being able to run around really fast. In coop you can take your time at vending machines and stuff and still catch up to people just by popping gunzerk.

I think you can go gunlust+brawn but I chose to go rampage because I wanted longer gunzerk duration so I could run fast for longer. Having the ability to toss two grenades is really nice as well if you get a good grenade mod. Inconceivable (+50% chance for shots not to consome ammo) is literally a life saver too so I'd get that no matter what build you have. I've shot off like 10 shotgun rounds in a row in FFYL on a shotgun that can only shoot twice before reloading before lmao

Thanks for the informative post. I just reached Sanctuary and I'll respec when I play next.

Is that how you get there? Dang. I had two quests that took me to that same place, and each time I ended up glitching my way up the rocks behind it.

:D

tjohn86

cjlME.png

Up until PT2 I was fully in rampage tree. I switched over to Brawn for PT2. I have a purple version of my mod but it doesn't boost Last Longer/Yippi Ki Yay as much (and has a random skill boost in Lay Waste which I don't find useful).

Basically the mod is +35% cooldown rate, boosts me to +30s gunzerking duration, +4.2s duration per kill while gunzerking. Then the skills I have in brawn allow me to run 50% faster while gunzerking and +30% when I get hit (I'm not sure if this stacks) so I'm pretty much running super fast all the time lol.

I'll probably respec and move bubble gum to max Juggernaut (damage reduction kill skill) or Aint got time to bleed (health regen in gunzerker). I might remove fistfull too since it isn't that great.

edit: I have a bunch of random skills allocated and stuff not maxed out because I switch class mods sometimes*

I'm gonna give this a shot. Just hit sanctuary in PT2 and I feel really squishy.

Did a little research and apparently if you have a character on your hard drive and a character in cloud storage and you load the cloud character then switch the storage device to hard drive it overwrites your hard drive character. so pissed right now.

BigDug13

Reload. It took 7-8 tries for me to get mine.

How are so many people getting the Bee so quickly? I farmed him for 2 hours straight, probably killed him at least 100 times, probably closer to 120 times since you can do it fast enough to make it once per minute.

You just walk in and kill him and he drops it right? Are there steps I have to do first?

breakfuss

Can someone please tell me how to stop the incessant voice that spouts nothing but insults. It keeps mentioning that there are "promethean children without ammo" and how I'm wasting mine. I don't know what item I picked up to make this happen, but I need it to stop. It's grating. Is it because I'm in Fyrestone? That's when it started.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
really jonesing to play and i need to finds me some freakin more rare weapons. the Jakobs assault rifle i found eons ago has finally become obsolete compared to a level 30ish jakobs rifle i found a few days ago... I need a legendary Jakobs pistol naow. Anyone find one yet?

Also about the relics - at like level 12/13 i found a 5% extra EXP from enemies" relic and have been using it ever since. Should i trade this out? is the bonus exp bugged like the rare loot enhancing relic as well???

Doorman

Can someone please tell me how to stop the incessant voice that spouts nothing but insults. It keeps mentioning that there are "promethean children without ammo" and how I'm wasting mine. I don't know what item I picked up to make this happen, but I need it to stop. It's grating. Is it because I'm in Fyrestone? That's when it started.

I'd suggest taking a good hard look at the gun you have equipped.

How are so many people getting the Bee so quickly? I farmed him for 2 hours straight, probably killed him at least 100 times, probably closer to 120 times since you can do it fast enough to make it once per minute.

You just walk in and kill him and he drops it right? Are there steps I have to do first?

My buddy and I got it the 2nd time we tried, this was normal mode post the final boss

Cat Party

Ahahahaha....

I love that gun!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Got it the first try.
You turned in the quest right? Then went back there?

I dunno what to say.

Avinexus

I think you're the first person to actually get trolled by those guns lol. Just stop using that weapon.

Where do I get the mission for that Hyperion guy that drops The Bee? I can't remember who I got it from on my first playthrough and I have about a billion undiscovered quests on my list right now.

darthbob

lol you can't.

It's a good Sniper Rifle though, but you're just gonna have to deal with the voice.

Gvaz

Banned
If you're on the Glorious PC Gaming System, if that's a cutscene you can just rename the .bik file while flipping the bird.

Seguin

Banned
Anyone want to farm True Vault Hunter Mode Warrior on Xbox 360? I'm getting jack shit going at it alone.

It's got a low ass drop rate. Try to play with a couple others to have a better shot at it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can anyone on PC confirm that they have gotten both Pimon and Tumbaa to spawn in the wildlife preserve?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Can anyone on PC confirm that they have gotten both Pimon and Tumbaa to spawn in the wildlife preserve?

Yup and they're really easy to farm them if you have the Creature Slaughter Dome. Speaking of which I've gotten the shield off Pimon first and 6th try or so lol. Tumbaa hasn't given me his shotty yet though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yup and they're really easy to farm them if you have the Creature Slaughter Dome. Speaking of which I've gotten the shield off Pimon first and 6th try or so lol. Tumbaa hasn't given me his shotty yet though.

I dont. Stupid gamespot exclusives...

Megasoum

Banned
Oh great...I got the The Fridge in TVHM. I'm level 37 and suddenly all the ennemies are level 40... I guess I don't have a choice to go back and do side missions now.

So looking at the drop lists no one knows where the Fire Bee grenade mod drops from well in that case....

Also has anyone else found an e-tech weapon with no elemental property?

Those exist?

I'm trying to get the crouching assault rifle challenge done. Besides the last area with rakks can anybody think of a place with infinite respawns?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
TVHM is definitely not "too hard"

This isn't anywhere close to the Diablo 3's bullshit. Its great. Even better if you have a full group.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh great...I got the The Fridge in TVHM. I'm level 37 and suddenly all the ennemies are level 40... I guess I don't have a choice to go back and do side missions now.
A Jakobs sniper or shotgun fixes everything.
TVHM is definitely not "too hard"

This isn't anywhere close to the Diablo 3's bullshit. Its great. Even better if you have a full group.
It makes you play smarter and use your slag and elemental weapons.
Or do what I did and just get Jakobs. POP...POP...POP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom