• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seguin

Banned
I really wish I could bump up the difficult to 2 or 3 player. The Warrior continually gives me rubbish when soloing him single player, and I can't even get randoms to join my game.

Megasoum

Banned
WTF lmao, I just noticed that when Axton reloads a Jakobs revolver he spin the barrel while giving the finger. It's like super short but lol.

Edit: ah nvm... I did a frame by frame with fraps and he uses his full hand. At the speed he goes and the angle the hand is it kinda look like that but anyway.

Gvaz

Banned
Apparently the slots just RNG between 0 and 2^15, and then display based on that. 5 outcomes result in an orange, for about 0.015% chance.

Spreadsheet here with the outcomes - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As7kattQ9kwbdHFRWlY2SE0yakpCQmlhVW9GLUw4R3c#gid=0

From http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=557381&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=513

e: And yes, you can freeze them and get an orange jackpot or whatever other result you want every pull.

Here are the odds for the slot machines:

1 in 4.9 (20.5%)= White Weapon
1 in 6.5 (15.4%)= Green Weapon
1 in 65 (1.54%)= Blue Weapon
1 in 669 (0.15%)= Purple/Pink Weapon
1 in 5461 (0.018%)= Orange Weapon
1 in 39 (2.6%)= Eridium
1 in 131 (0.8%)= Double Eridium
1 in 443 (0.23%)= Triple Eridium
1 in 4 (25%)= Money (Random amount)
1 in 13 (7.8%)= Bouncing Betty
1 in 20 (5%)= Skin
1 in 4.9 (20.5%)= Nothing

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can someone with the creature slaughter circle dlc help me with the Pimon and Tumbaa challenge? I cant get them to spawn and it takes forever to run to their area.

zewone

Anyone want to farm True Vault Hunter Mode Warrior on Xbox 360? I'm getting jack shit going at it alone.

It's got a low ass drop rate. Try to play with a couple others to have a better shot at it.
I feel lucky having got a level 50 Bee on my first drop in TVHM.

I think it's a bad design decision to have so much of the customization options hidden as rare drops and such.

Not that I care too much, siren's heads aren't that interesting except for the one I already have. :)

h3ro

I think it's a bad design decision to have so much of the customization options hidden as rare drops and such.

Not that I care too much, siren's heads aren't that interesting except for the one I already have. :)

I'm all about that Alkaline Mistress life.

jondabomb

Just got my first orange weapon, I was pretty surprised when it was dropped since I'm only up to the wildlife preservation on my first playthrough. I'm only level 24

Hanzou

Here are the odds for the slot machines:

1 in 4.9 (20.5%)= White Weapon
1 in 6.5 (15.4%)= Green Weapon
1 in 65 (1.54%)= Blue Weapon
1 in 669 (0.15%)= Purple/Pink Weapon
1 in 5461 (0.018%)= Orange Weapon
1 in 39 (2.6%)= Eridium
1 in 131 (0.8%)= Double Eridium
1 in 443 (0.23%)= Triple Eridium
1 in 4 (25%)= Money (Random amount)
1 in 13 (7.8%)= Bouncing Betty
1 in 20 (5%)= Skin
1 in 4.9 (20.5%)= Nothing

Like my 5th spin I got a triple Eridium. Nothing but junk since.

-PXG-

I'm ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE.

Feels good to be back. Uploading a video now of me soloing Terra with my Siren. Ya'll need to learn how to spec ;)

I'm all about that Alkaline Mistress life.
I don't the name, but I liked the short hair with white streaks, it had to be from an early quest as I've had it forever.

Nothing makes me more sad than seeing a little microchip drop and than seeing it be a vehicle skin. WHY? WHY? WHY?

Aurongel

Ehhh, I think my time with Borderlands 2 is coming to an end unfortunately. I've reached a point in my second playthrough where I'm just getting decimated by anything that moves. I've found a single purple so far on my second playthrough after about 10 hours and the rest of the loot is absolute trash. On top of all this, Axton's turret is damn near useless no matter which direction I spec in, often falling through the earth or being one-shotted by the ranged attack of a badass enemy.

I'm looking into that 4-player difficulty/loot mod to hopefully give me some better luck with the loot because as of now I've been getting the shaft from the loot gods.
Or maybe it's time to finally crack open Torchlight 2...

Balphon

Yea I'm aware...stuck playing on 360. Farming wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't demoralizing knowing if I was playing with a couple others I'd have much better luck.

If you have a second controller you can use it to log in a dummy player for splitscreen.

-PXG-

Ehhh, I think my time with Borderlands 2 is coming to an end unfortunately. I've reached a point in my second playthrough where I'm just getting decimated by anything that moves. I've found a single purple so far on my second playthrough after about 10 hours and the rest of the loot is absolute trash. On top of all this, Axton's turret is damn near useless no matter which direction I spec in, often falling through the earth or being one-shotted by the ranged attack of a badass enemy.

I'm looking into that 4-player difficulty/loot mod to hopefully give me some better luck with the loot because as of now I've been getting the shaft from the loot gods.
Or maybe it's time to finally crack open Torchlight 2...

TVHM endgame (basically 45-50) is terrible unless you have really good gear. It's all about having good specs, class mods, relics and , of course, E-tech/ legendary weapons.

But then once you get the really good stuff, the game is painfully easy. I'm experiencing that right now. Even the 4 player mod isn't much help. I'm gonna wait 'til Gaige comes out, before I start a new character. I'm hoping the DLC is substantially harder.

Stantron

fucking woow this game is retarded.... I thought when you play co-op any quest done is done on the hosts game... I had all the side quest undiscovered and was at wide life story quest and of course the stupid difficulty made it hard as fuck so I decided to play co-op... now all the shitty quest the randoms did is on my game and I have like 10 quest that are traival with level 38 prizes... fucking retarded... think I'm done with this game til the dlc... some amazing design decisions in this game but some stuff just doesn't make any fucking sense...:/

Yeah, it's really annoying when randoms start accepting all my quests in Sanctuary. I was even trying to save opening Roland's chest until playthru 2.5, but I found it already pillaged while playing solo.

fucking woow this game is retarded.... I thought when you play co-op any quest done is done on the hosts game... I had all the side quest undiscovered and was at wide life story quest and of course the stupid difficulty made it hard as fuck so I decided to play co-op... now all the shitty quest the randoms did is on my game and I have like 10 quest that are traival with level 38 prizes... fucking retarded... think I'm done with this game til the dlc... some amazing design decisions in this game but some stuff just doesn't make any fucking sense...:/

Can someone simplify what this fellow just said?

U2NUMB

We ran into this crazy ass glitch with Jimbo Hodunk a few days ago. We pushed him out of his area and around a massive hill which he then road through on his own trying to get back to his home but we caught him and messed with him. Anyone else messed with him?

Jimbo Hodunk Riding Dirty

Balphon

Can someone simplify what this fellow just said?

He joined the game of a person who had some level of completion on several side quests, at which point the game automatically accepted all those quests for him, which he didn't want to do since he was waiting for the post-post-game where everything scales to level 50+.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Spent about an hour farming The Bee so far to no avail. At least I'm racking up cash for the vending machine.

::edit::
FIRST ATTEMPT AFTER THIS POST AND I GOT IT YEAH

I've started TVHM and man. It really feels like this is how the game should've felt the first time. Although now I can't solo.

Same here, though I'm soloing w/ Zer0 and having a lot of fun. Even the white loot is way above what I had previously. I farmed The Bee shield on my original run though, so it helps, especially with sniping. I still get taken down pretty quickly though, luckily I'm decent with getting Second Winds.

You can, no idea if playthrough type has different drop rates. All I know is head drops are crazy low, especially from Henry.
Yeah, that's why I was asking.

If they're that low I'll just forget about it, maybe I can wait until people have extras to trade (or give, haha).

Wish revolvers were still a unique weapon type. Gun slinging with Zer0 in the cunning tree is nowhere near as fun as it was with Mordecai

The damage is there with the Jacobs but they lack that oomph

Any sidequests with a timelimit, I ignore.

Am I a bad person?
There's only been one that I found was truly bad (delivering arms) but after a few fails it just ups the time.

At some point I was doing all the sidequests and now I'm too far in to turn back.

Plus, I think there's an achievement for it.

Mikey Jr.

There's only been one that I found was truly bad (delivering arms) but after a few fails it just ups the time.

At some point I was doing all the sidequests and now I'm too far in to turn back.

Plus, I think there's an achievement for it.

Yeah, delivering arms was the one that was pissing me off.

Ahh, fuck them. The awards are so garbage that I don't even want to bother.

Yeah, delivering arms was the one that was pissing me off.

Ahh, fuck them. The awards are so garbage that I don't even want to bother.
Park one vehicle at the farthest mailbox.

Run back to Outlook.

Deliver the three arms that are near each other, ending with the one closest to a Catch-A-Ride, teleport to your other vehicle. :)

Viola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom