• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy hell does this game have some broken ass shit.

Still funny as hell. :p
Want to know the sad part? That is probably one of the worst lvl 50 Conference Calls I've seen. There are some with twice as many pellets.

Dudes. Letter. Una Baha or Hyperion? Discuss.

Una gives pistol with high crit damage and Hyperion gives a shotgun with an interesting spread.

Can somebody tell me if they've figured out what crouching while firing does in this game? I'm working on the challenge right now and can't tell any difference.

abundant

TVHM endgame (basically 45-50) is terrible unless you have really good gear. It's all about having good specs, class mods, relics and , of course, E-tech/ legendary weapons.

I'm at this point and I hate it. Your action skill becomes useless against BA and SBA and unless you got great gear, BA and SBA take forever to kill all the while they can kill you extremely quick. I also hate how you have to play coop to get better loot drops. I have yet to find an E-tech weapon and my only Legendary was found in coop.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
goddamn this game is so goddamn good...the further I get into the game, the better the experience/thrill I get from it...I want MOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

for now Im doing bunch of side mish...Im currently in Caustic Caverns.

Hell awaits for thy faithless blasphemer that i am...

bring...it!!!!

-PXG-

Ugh, just need to find a conference call...

I got it on my second try on the Warrior. The Bee was easy to get too. It's pretty common. The Slayer of Terramorphous is pretty much guarnteed every time you kill him. The Hide shield is fairly rare while the Blood relic is pretty much non-existent :/

I'm at this point and I hate it. Your action skill becomes useless against BA and SBA and unless you got great gear, BA and SBA take forever to kill all the while they can kill you extremely quick. I also hate how you have to play coop to get better loot drops. I have yet to find an E-tech weapon and my only Legendary was found in coop.

4 player mod gives you better loot, but the thing is, it's as if you're playing with three other people...meaning...enemies have even more health.....

I've done Terra a couple of times, solo, with the mod. Drops aren't that much better. BA and SBA drop are, though.

I'm sure it's been mentioned here, but you can enter the Konami code on the title screen to unlock an extra option in the Gameplay Options menu.

Inskipp

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out how to disable the electric blockade (in The Fridge) for this door, but with no avail thus far. If anyone else has, could use some help/tips

borderlands22012-10-04ffej.png

borderlands22012-10-0hfi2b.png

Ok, I need some help. I can't find anything that shows me how to get where I need to go.
I'm doing the mission where you get the refund check in a time limit. I keep getting down to the last one and I can't find any way to get it. It's right in the middle of Eridian blight in some complex but there is no way in. It's a blank spot on my map so I haven't been there yet.

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out how to disable the electric blockade (in The Fridge) for this door, but with no avail thus far. If anyone else has, could use some help/tips

I believe its in the second floor of that section of building you are in. I don't for sure know the exact spot because my friend got it when I was playing but it isn't too far away from the door.

Ah, the benefits of quitting and reloading. I opted for Una's pistol in the end; far more useful than that shotgun and its ridiculous spread. I'm more of a shotgun guy, but that one doesn't have much going for it. It doesn't even look swish.

Wag

I just got a lvl 28 pistol called "Facilitating Fibber". What's the deal with this gun? Clearly the shown stats are lies, it shows some outrageous damage like 4000+ for a lvl 28 pistol, and some other stuff. What exactly does this gun do?

Inskipp

I believe its in the second floor of that section of building you are in. I don't for sure know the exact spot because my friend got it when I was playing but it isn't too far away from the door.
Are you referring to this spot?

One of the wires did lead here, but interacting with it (as in, shooting) didn't seem to have any effect.

I am pretty sure its inside but I could be mistaken. I never did see the switch myself. I know I found a couple switches outside near it and they didn't work.

I just got a lvl 28 pistol called "Facilitating Fibber". What's the deal with this gun? Clearly the shown stats are lies, it shows some outrageous damage like 4000+ for a lvl 28 pistol, and some other stuff. What exactly does this gun do?
Fib means lie.

eek5

Are you referring to this spot?

One of the wires did lead here, but interacting with it (as in, shooting) didn't seem to have any effect.

Walk straight out the entrance then turn right and walk downstairs (it looks like a like a black shadow but it's actually steep stairs). Switch is on the left. It's possible that it rotates because once I went down there and the switch didn't work but I don't think those ever move so it might've just bugged on me since it was green but I couldn't hit it.

The displayed stats are fake. The gun ranges from good to pretty bad. I think it can roll 2-3 different types of shots. A bounce shot, a grenade-like shot, and a shot-gun ricochet type shot (regular bullet that bounces and then splits up into 9 pellets). The damage also varies and it can roll elemental as well although that seems really rare.

I got this sweet one @ 50:

GqMnj.png

It has the 9 pellet ricochet but each shot shoots 2 so it ends up hitting for 18 if you bounce it right.

Balphon

Should I not bother farming on an original playthrough?

I thought I could attempt to get siren's head from Henry.

I got it after about an hour of farming on normal. Wasn't really worth it; the Siren head he drops looks rather silly. So does the one from
Bunker
, for that matter.

Gartooth

So I finally finished the game on TVHM tonight. All I have left to do with my lv 50 Assassin, is finishing the Terramorphous mission on both difficulties, and doing all 5 rounds of the 3 circles of slaughter for TVHM. (already cleared all of them in Normal, although I'm thinking of not bothering on TVHM because I'm not sure if the loot is worth the hassle given how difficult it will be to solo on later rounds)

Anyway I have been trying to kill Terramorphous for the longest time and still can't seem to do it. The biggest things holding me back is that my best shield (by far greatest shield capacity, recharge rate, and gives bonus health) has a terrible recharge delay (5.04). Not to mention that none of my guns seem to do quick enough damage. (closest I got him to was 1/3 health)

So my question to any successful Terra slayers is where did you guys farm for good loot prior to your first victory?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So how do you farm in this game? I'm trying to get the Bee off Hunter but I'm not sure what triggers the respawn. I run to his room, ran out and loaded another area and came back but he wasn't back.

Raxus

So how do you farm in this game? I'm trying to get the Bee off Hunter but I'm not sure what triggers the respawn. I run to his room, ran out and loaded another area and came back but he wasn't back.

You have to turn in his quest in order for him to respawn. Once you have that done reload the game and he will be there.

Turn the quest in first.

Also, I'm at this point too. I already beat BL2 as Zer0 and am on a second playthrough with him, I'm currently working on my Gunzerker playthrough number 1, does the Bee not spawn on the first playthrough? I must have killed the Hellquist gentleman about 37 times and have yet to get it to drop. Does it only spawn on the second playthrough?

HoosTrax

Edit: nvm was thinking of that useless sub-sequence skill...carry on.

Chain Reaction, on the other hand, synergizes great with Converge and Wreck.

Inskipp

Walk straight out the entrance then turn right and walk downstairs (it looks like a like a black shadow but it's actually steep stairs). Switch is on the left. It's possible that it rotates because once I went down there and the switch didn't work but I don't think those ever move so it might've just bugged on me since it was green but I couldn't hit it.

Found it, and I noticed that it indeed rotates between three switches. I managed to eventually find the lit switch and disable the electric block.

Thanks all for help!

Woo-Fu

Banned
I almost threw this away because of the accuracy. Fortunately I did not. This shotgun coupled with a bee shield means running straight forward, holding the fire button down, watching everything die. The lack of accuracy is a good thing, spreading those 19 amped pellets in a wave in front of you.

B8M1A.jpg

Poyunch

i wish enemies always scaled to your levels. i'm constantly overleveled for the quests i have and enemies hate scaling.
Some enemies are so annoying that I'm glad I can just one-shot them. Just get to Lynchwood Gravijah. That place is brutal even when you're only a couple of levels below the enemies.

welp, tonight was a good night.

First the the final boss gave me:

2012100200001.jpg

...which I was really hoping for. I got one on my first play-through and it lasted me a long, long time. I know it doesn't drop every time, but it did on my first try again so I was happy about that. I thought that was going to be it for the day

...but in Arid Nexus and out of a Sanctuary slot machine I found:

2012100200002.jpg
2012100200004.jpg

the rocket launcher shoots nukes. the damage is not a typo. launches in an arc and...well you just have to see it. xD

Finally, after so many runs I lost count, I finally got this one to drop:

2012100200003.jpg

iVsF4wzqTn9IS.gif

Now I just need a couple of SMG's and AR's in Legendary/high-power variety and I'll be all set. My current ones are very meh. Also got some really nice relics (one +64% AR + sniper ammo!). Anyway, thought I'd share. Hopefully this brings the rest of you vault hunters good fortune. If you have questions regarding them, holla.

In other news, I was able to answer my own question posed the other day, "does accuracy matter on shotguns?" Well yes. You can damn near snipe with a shotty if the accuracy is high enough. When the shotty is above 70% accuracy, the grouping on the buckshot remains tight even at a distance. That means all of the pellets (say, 5,000x6. so 6 pellets @ 5k damage) have a damn good chance of hitting the target when not point-blank. yep, I'm a fucking fan. I'm surgical with this bitch, Jake.

As for the Bee...I don't know how I feel about it yet. The shield is basically non-existant, so if you get hit, expect to be in FFYL mode shortly. And of course, if you get hit, it becomes useless for a few seconds. Any enemy with a rocket launcher (there are rocket launcher Loaders, Goliaths, and Hyperion Engineers) will 1-shot you, period. I suppose if I'm playing at range, it'll be fun. but if close-quarters combat? nope.avi I'm glad it at least has *some* balance. 70% less shielding than your average level 50 shield is definitely a down-side. Straight glass-cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom