• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012100200002.jpg

That's a really nice Striker. Its a hell of a lot better then any of the ones I have gotten.

I started farming Henry and keep phaselocking him as he spawn which sucks him underground for some reason. Its kind of annoying, but at least I already got the legendary shield from him.

Log4Girlz

During TVHM I started tipping moxxi and this time she gave me her good touch. Last time it was bad touch followed by her favorite gun good touch. If i keep tipping her, would she give me the bad touch?

neoism

He let randoms into his game which opened one-time chests and started quests he was hoarding to get better rewards later.

I think.

Aren't all side quests set at a certain level anyway?

Or is he on playthrough 2 and was waiting for 2.5 to do them?

Hmm.
this borderlands 1 worked the way it was suppose too. I didn't let anyone in my game I joined a game with 3 people.. I wasn't the leader of the party... I had all my quest undiscovered because if you do that the prizes scale to your level... if you don't you get a level 35 weapon at level 50 pointless.so basically playthrough 2 has to be suffered solo.... stupid. gearbox needs to fix this... the fact 2.5 even exisits and your side quests doesn't reset is retarded.....

it can drop within a certain range of levels. the first Bee I farmed tonight was a level 48. of course, I was 50 and had beaten the game a second time before trying. second one that dropped was my 50.

If you're not happy with a roll, try farming it again. I wouldn't recommend spending all that time to do it at your level because whether it's a level 26 or 33, you're going to be retiring it as soon as you level up a few more times and get a proper shield.

this borderlands 1 worked the way it was suppose too. I didn't let anyone in my game I joined a game with 3 people.. I wasn't the leader of the party... I had all my quest undiscovered because if you do that the prizes scale to your level... if you don't you get a level 35 weapon at level 50 pointless.so basically playthrough 2 has to be suffered solo.... stupid. gearbox needs to fix this... the fact 2.5 even exisits and your side quests doesn't reset is retarded.....

agreed. fortunately, I found out early enough and left most of my sidequests uncovered. I'm going to miss getting the 50 firehawk, 50 bloom and 50 law, but that's it. I might trade for them or something.

neoism

it can drop within a certain range of levels. the first Bee I farmed tonight was a level 48. of course, I was 50 and had beaten the game a second time before trying. second one that dropped was my 50.

If you're not happy with a roll, try farming it again. I wouldn't recommend spending all that time to do it at your level because whether it's a level 26 or 33, you're going to be retiring it as soon as you level up a few more times and get a proper shield.

agreed. fortunately, I found out early enough and left most of my sidequests uncovered. I'm going to miss getting the 50 firehawk, 50 bloom and 50 law, but that's it. I might trade for them or something.

I wanted the bane at 50 but of course that random took it at level 38 so I will never do that quest now I'm level 42...:/

Paertan

Should I pick up side quests in TVH mode or wait until I finish the game a second time before doing so?

I think "should" is the wrong word. You CAN pick up some of them that just gove experience or useless item or rewards.
Best items still seems to drop from bosses and big mobs so there is really not that bad to do sidequests with real rewards in PT2. So if you enjoy your PT2 more with sidequest don't feel like you have to avoid them.

I love how this game pays so many tributes and homage to popular culture.

"Bright lights, flying city" chapter title sounds like a para-reference to Cee lo Green's song "Bright lights, bigger City"

Hyperion wildlifepreserve seems like a subtle reference to Jurassic Park

Story spoiler....
I was pretty surprised about that Bloodwing was a boss
. That was a very cool and surprising twist.

Should I pick up side quests in TVH mode or wait until I finish the game a second time before doing so?

wait and do them all AFTER you finish the game @ level 50. or, do the missions that give special items out after you hit 50. don't activate the missions. Just leave them undiscovered.

Valravn

Wow some quests are looooong. Did a quest yesterday with a co-op buddy. It took us 1.5 hour for one quest. It was hella fun though.

wait and do them all AFTER you finish the game @ level 50. or, do the missions that give special items out after you hit 50. don't activate the missions. Just leave them undiscovered.

Makes me wish they added an NG++ mode where you start at 50 with properly tuned gear, but then again there isn't really much of an endgame that requires that much loot to complete.

Terramorphus is a joke even without abusing the bee or other legendaries.

"Bright lights, flying city" chapter title sounds like a para-reference to Cee lo Green's song "Bright lights, bigger City"

Uh, more likely it's referencing this:

841473.jpg

Hyperion wildlifepreserve seems like a subtle reference to Jurassic Park

Story spoiler....
I was pretty surprised about that Bloodwing was a boss
. That was a very cool and surprising twist.

The Hodunks/Zafords quest was kind of annoying, but it was worth it for the references in Ellie's dialogue

"You'll be the Last Man Standin with A Fistful of Dollars......yojimbo"

Makes me wish they added an NG++ mode where you start at 50 with properly tuned gear, but then again there isn't really much of an endgame that requires that much loot to complete.

Terramorphus is a joke even without abusing the bee or other legendaries.

I just wish someone had told me 2 days ago when I started my second play through. I definitely would have not activated those side missions. I don't know if I would have every wanted to use those 3 items @ level 50, but I would have liked to decide that for myself.

idk.

Uh, more likely it's referencing this:

841473.jpg

Seems pretty likely even though I just looked it up and it would be kinda skewed kinda given the context of the book/movie.

But nevertheless loving this.

Ive yet to find the Minecraft room. Is it in the PS3 version? Just tell me yes/no. I dont want to spoil it, I want figure it out for myself. :)

finally got a goliath up to the top level. goliaths are hands down my favorite enemy

Mine too. I really love the way their voices change from these doppy idiots into these furious lunitics when you knock their helms off. It's great knocking their heads off and having a 2nd ally helping you kill all the foes.

Type2

Anyone on pc play late at night? trying to find a co-op buddy to make the 2nd playthrough less of a chore. Im lvl 39 atm with zero.
steam: Hatemehnow
thanks!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Mine too. I really love the way their voices change from these doppy idiots into these furious lunitics when you knock their helms off. It's great knocking their heads off and having a 2nd ally helping you kill all the foes.

Im always helping out the goliath by taking down the health of all the enemies around him to ensure he doesnt get killed in the process.

Its fantastic that the chance for them to drop better loot seems to increase when maxed out.

Got everything I need for a shotgun Zer0 build and no shotgun ;_;

With how long I've had this running minimized my gameplay time on Steam is ridiculous

Helscream

Banned
After going through Borderlands 2 twice now I kinda think back on Borderlands 1 and comparing how they composed the funny bits throughout both games. While I think Borderlands 2 I think so stuff was overcooked. Best Example is Tiny Tina, I am on the fence with her character. Its like she starts to kinda built up with something funny, but overdoes it at the end of the "punch-line" or part that is suppose to make you burst in laughter.

I think Borderlands 1 was a bit more casual with its humor and I think was much more effective. A really good example (even though this part was DLC I think is still a good example).

This is a bit from the Dr.Zed Zombie Island DLC. You find a place that has some ECHO's scattered about and the recording that ensues is pretty funny. To refresh your memory Dr. Zed has an assistant named Bill that works with him on his experiments. Bill turns out to be an annoying assistant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=coswpcF_otE#t=388s

Duallusion

I'm on PT2 and by the time I reached The Bee farming part/quest I just reached lvl 50. Mission was classed as lvl 49, but that radio tower dude was lvl 50. Fourth kill later and, voila, I got my lvl 50 Bee shield:) Didn't have to wait for "PT2.5", in other words.

Capacity: 21690
R. rate: 25662
R. delay: 5.46
Amp D.: +50104

Is that good for a Bee shield? Recharge delay kindda sucks but I have 5/5 points in Willing (improves recharge rate and delay).

Ark

Ive yet to find the Minecraft room. Is it in the PS3 version? Just tell me yes/no. I dont want to spoil it, I want figure it out for myself. :)

The Minecraft easter egg is in all versions of the game, although you might want to look up where the entrance is. It's easy to miss if you don't know what you're looking for.

I'm level 40, I've found a bunch of Oranges (Legendaries) and they've almost all sucked.

I got 2 shields from the
firehawk quest
they were really nice for about 2 levels, and then they just didn't provide enough protection.

I got a rocket launcher from
Dukino's mom
It fired 3 rockets but it was wildly inaccurate, and that damage wasn't great either.

I got a shotgun from Handsome Jack, which did insane damage, had a huge clip, and fired really fast, but the spread shot in a straight line, it had -accuracy on it, and the recoil was bananas. So it was pretty much garbage.

The only good one I got was a grenade mod from
Boom and Bewm
, which I got at level 31 and am still using, and probably will continue to use for a quite a while. It a mirv, it spawns 11 child grenades, and then each of those spawns 11 child grenades, and they all do a ton of damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Only for Premiere Club members, I think.
Damn, I thought you might be kidding but that's a real thing.

Glad I didn't preorder as I got an amazing deal, but I'm wondering how much this is gonna be and if I'll think it's worthwhile...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
To that I say bah, then consider that my total price would only be $35 for the game, then consider that my Zer0 is only level 4 and I like the character a lot already and it'd take time to raise a new one, then say bah again, then wonder just how awesome the class will be, then ultimate say bah a third time and leave the topic undecided.

To that I say bah, the consider that my total price would only be $35 for the game, then consider that my Zer0 is only level 4 and I like the character a lot already and it'd take time to raise a new one, then say bah again, then wonder just how awesome the class will be, then ultimate say bah a third time and leave the topic undecided.

It's a character class in Borderlands. It will be awesomer than anything else available in the medium.

TRios Zen

I'm level 40, I've found a bunch of Oranges (Legendaries) and they've almost all sucked.

I got 2 shields from the
firehawk quest
they were really nice for about 2 levels, and then they just didn't provide enough protection.

I got a rocket launcher from
Dukino's mom
It fired 3 rockets but it was wildly inaccurate, and that damage wasn't great either.

I got a shotgun from Handsome Jack, which did insane damage, had a huge clip, and fired really fast, but the spread shot in a straight line, it had -accuracy on it, and the recoil was bananas. So it was pretty much garbage.

The only good one I got was a grenade mod from
Boom and Bewm
, which I got at level 31 and am still using, and probably will continue to use for a quite a while. It a mirv, it spawns 11 child grenades, and then each of those spawns 11 child grenades, and they all do a ton of damage.

I'm a little over half your level (L23) and I've only gotten one legendary drop; a L8 Consummate Hellfire SMG
from Scorch I think
; I got it when I was like a L10 or so, and I still use that thing, though I have to admit, it is finally starting to show it's age.

Wallach

To that I say bah, then consider that my total price would only be $35 for the game, then consider that my Zer0 is only level 4 and I like the character a lot already and it'd take time to raise a new one, then say bah again, then wonder just how awesome the class will be, then ultimate say bah a third time and leave the topic undecided.

I'd probably get in at that price and just play Zer0. Skip the Mechromancer for now, use Zer0 for the core game and later DLCs then buy the Mechromancer when it is on sale down the road (likely the next Steam sale after the holiday) when you're ready for a new BL2 playthrough.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd probably get in at that price and just play Zer0. Skip the Mechromancer for now, use Zer0 for the core game and later DLCs then buy the Mechromancer when it is on sale down the road (likely the next Steam sale after the holiday) when you're ready for a new BL2 playthrough.
You sir are wise beyond your years.

AkuMifune

Banned
Anyone else feel like Zer0 sucks more and more the further you progress? He was great on the first playthough, TVHM..... not so much.

Just hit 27 and I love him to death. Hope it doesn't turn on me, but adding Ambush to my arsenal was an amazing boost since I was already in the habit of flanking enemies in MP. They just get mowed down now that I have The Bitch.

Maybe by myself I'd get crushed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom