• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Does the Badass
Creeper
only drop it's gun in playthrough 2? Tried to farm it last night to no success :(

Also, me and my group couldn't finish the 5th round of the arena. First 4 were tough, but the final one was just destroying us. Didn't help that we were basically out of ammo around the time of the 3rd wave :(

It's just rare. Though he dropped his shotty and legendary for in like 30 runs or so for me and I was just farming every class head/skin.

taylor910

Just finished my 1st playthrough and am a lvl 31.

What is the reasoning for waiting to do sidequests until 2.5? What if I've already done a good amount of sidequests on my 1st playthrough?

Also, what level can I expect to be after tvhm if I just run through the story?

Thanks!

Chris R

It's just rare. Though he dropped his shotty and legendary for in like 30 runs or so for me and I was just farming every class head/skin.

Ah ok, I'll keep trying then.

Is there a better way to reset than exiting to the main screen and reloading? IE does fast traveling X number of times cause a reset?

I finally got enough points to get to the bottom of one of zero's trees and went with the kunai

God damn, those things are monstrous. Throw all 5, get into position then shotgun blast

A lot of the time they're dead before the countdown reaches 0

I finally got enough points to get to the bottom of one of zero's trees and went with the kunai

God damn, those things are monstrous. Throw all 5, get into position then shotgun blast

A lot of the time they're dead before the countdown reaches 0

I imagine that, with the DLC that will increase maximum levels, we will be able to finish both Cunning and Bloodshed trees.

That will be awesome!!! :)

Does the Badass
Creeper
only drop it's gun in playthrough 2? Tried to farm it last night to no success :(

How do you farm it? I only fought like three enemies there. Got heads and skins but no guns. You quit and go back or how does it repopulate is my basic question.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, that is a valid complaint.

It does seem like they kinda push you towards that.

Before, people were saying that melee Zer0 is not strong enough.

That I strongly disagree with.

I don't recall many people saying melee Zer0 isn't strong enough, most people (as implied in my previous post) think melee is the best Zer0 build in my experience.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Does the Badass
Creeper
He dropped the sniper rifle for me in playthrough 1, no luck on the shotgun yet.

Didn't realize Caustic Caverns enemies scale to your level before I ran back in there 10 levels or so after I originally went in. Ran into a Badass Pyre Thresher that gave me a lot of trouble, and it seems that I can't run to the area to farm the Badass
Creeper
without getting touched by enemies at level 31 like I could when I was around 20.

I don't recall many people saying melee Zer0 isn't strong enough, most people (as implied in my previous post) think melee is the best Zer0 build in my experience.

Well, I saw many saying that Zer0 is the weakest or that you couldnt play the game well solo.

So, i was responding to them :p

equil

Can you remember/check the stats on the lvl 50 Afterburner (reward from Ellie's Hood Ornaments quest iirc)?

If thats the vehicle relic, im pretty sure I sold it, cause it thought it was pretty useless.

So yea that one and moxxi's level 50 exp relic I sold. :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
Once again, it seems like the only people that defend Zer0 are people that support using just one of the build trees, melee, in a game whose selling point is having a billion different guns.

Wrong.

That melee build he is talking about? Doesn't work without the Cunning tree as well.

There are plenty of builds that work for zer0, all of them have some Cunning, be they melee or be they ranged.

What you can't do and expect to perform well is spec in *only* one tree.

True Vault Hunter Mode is supposed to be more difficult, you can expect it to weed out sub-optimal builds.

Gartooth

Drop rates for legendaries in this game are brutal compared to BL1, wasting so much time farming just to get some decent equipment, and I'm getting no where.

steadfast

You done goofed, I bet the first DLC will be all about racing! :p

As long as it's not part of the season pass, that's okay. A racing-themed DLC would be awful, unless it's sole intent was to make fun of RAGE, racing against the TEXCHURE POPPIN clan for access to a new legendary zone called Bad Endings.

Only need to do a couple of quests for the Did it all trophy + one other trophy and then platinum is mine....

I played this game for hours and hours already, did all the lvl 1 challenges, murdered Terramorphous, played most of the game mostly solo and got rare items dropping on me...

But I've never and I mean NEVER EVER EVER seen a chubby creature spawn (for the Cute Loot trophy).

I read he spawns more regularly when playing co-op and I've been scouring the Caustic Caverns for a while now, but the damn creature won't spawn...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

(funny enough I had Jenkins spawn on me in practically the first box I opened in Opportunity lol)

Chubbies also spawn where the other Varkids are in the open field.

Still some time to go for the platinum. Started the 2nd playthrough last night, and the Bee is still crazy. My explosive rifle is doing 13k.

Raxus

As long as it's not part of the season pass, that's okay. A racing-themed DLC would be awful, unless it's sole intent was to make fun of RAGE.

I can't wait to drive an empty wasteland to collect parts that build even more useless equipment!
I liked Rage, I am just giving it shit out of love

Duallusion

Damn, soloing Terra was worth it for the class mod alone. My axton is now officialy a beast.

I've intentionaly skipped all sniper rifles with Axton; full-on sniper Zer0, here I come!

Csokis

My first orange! :)

borderlands2_2012_10_uvudd.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Wrong.

That melee build he is talking about? Doesn't work without the Cunning tree as well.

I meant build options in the first post, not strict build trees. Of course there are some skills from more than one tree but my point was that most of the time when the "Does Zer0 Suck?" debate comes up the primary defense for him is the melee build and the melee build holds practically no appeal to many people who play the game.

Wallach

I meant build options in the first post, not strict build trees. Of course there are some skills from more than one tree but my point was that most of the time when the "Does Zer0 Suck?" debate comes up the primary defense for him is the melee build and the melee build holds practically no appeal to many people who play the game.

In terms of straight up effectiveness Bloodshed is probably his weakest tree, especially in TVHM mode.

jrcbandit

So in playthrough 2 is it okay to look at the sidequests and the level is not set unless you actually accept it? There are so many sidequests that I don't really remember which ones just give $/xp (or weak green weapons) vs those that give nicer or unique weapons.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
ONCE AGAIN ON THIS THREAD - THE ZER0 HATE!!!

People, you cant play Zer0 like the Gunzerker or how Brick was in BL1.

His melee build is awesome!

Im lvl 38, in TVHM, just got to Sanctuary.

Most enemies I can take out in one hit, while on Deception.

If not, I can:

1 - use my guns
2 - run and hide till deceptions cools down again (with my class mod, it cools down real fast)

There`s a certain strategy to playing him on melee build.

You cant just run aimlessly.

You gotta be aware of how many enemies there are.

Go for the weak ones first. That way, you add a couple seconds to deception.

Then, strike the strong one. Always on the back. Not only to do more damage, but it also gives you a moment to evade once you appear.

/RANT :p

This is exactly what i do, so fuckin' fun! especially with low level enemies you just feel like a bad ass! Once i level'd to 31 and got the last 'perk' or whatever i couldnt stop playing, id been saving the last mission to play with friends but i couldnt wait...ended up finishing the game without them...ah well... what a great game!!

Wallach

Really now. Lightin' my Emptyspace signal.

I shall prove you all wrong!!!!

It's not terrible, but you don't get to take max advantage of a lot of the really broken/overpowered weaponry late game, and the skills don't make up the difference. My point is that it is certainly not Zer0's saving grace or anything, he's quite well off with his weapon-based skills and the weapons (along with the broken-ass Bee shield) are very much the star of the show in this game when we're talking about raw strength.

Drazgul

So in playthrough 2 is it okay to look at the sidequests and the level is not set unless you actually accept it? There are so many sidequests that I don't really remember which ones just give $/xp (or weak green weapons) vs those that give nicer or unique weapons.

How do you look without accepting them tho?

Melee is pretty sweet but not so much before

At that point you can have either a good Love Thumper (1 shot everything) or a Law + Order (life leech). Cunning tree is where its at

Not saying it isn't doable, but not efficient

Woo-Fu

Banned

That might be true recently, it isn't true for the entirety of this thread.

Early on people were complaining that melee zer0 builds were weak and that they picked zer0 specifically for melee builds.

Now people are complaining about weak gun builds even though the game is all about the guns.

I wish people would make up their collective mind.

The truth of the matter is probably something along the lines of all builds not peaking at the same places difficulty spikes occur in the game. I don't have a problem with this, respecs are dirt cheap and I have no problem whatsoever tweaking builds to address specific challenges.

Oh, and people who miss the heavy gunner mod I've seen a gunzerker mod that provides close to those buffs.

One last thing: zer0 shotgun+cunning builds are powerful throughout the entire game. ;)

Just finished last night.

lvl 33 Gunzerker
I filled most of the middle skill tree and I'm just starting putting point in the left one... no health tree here.
I have 6-7 side missions left total aside from the insane raid boss mission.

I really like how my character turned out. Now I get bonus time for killing in gunzerk, I get bonus cool down for killing outside of gunzerk and I'm zerking most of the time. The best skill to me is the one that fires and reloads faster and faster as you hold down the trigger in Gunzerk. I killed all of the final enemies and the last boss with two pistols.

I will say that once again I feel like I didn't get enough great loot. I only found 3 oranges in the game, 2 at the start and 1 from the final boss. I had good go-to weapons, but nothing I thought was very dominate. The weapon I got at the end is great and it should keep me going through the second play.

I liked the story, or I liked that there was a story. It didn't take much to improve that area.

That might be true recently, it isn't true for the entirety of this thread.

Early on people were complaining that melee zer0 builds were weak and that they picked zer0 specifically for melee builds.

Now people are complaining about weak gun builds even though the game is all about the guns.

I wish people would make up their collective mind.

One last thing: zer0 shotgun+cunning builds are powerful throughout the entire game. ;)

Or maybe, just maybe, melee sucks at the start, and gets stronger, and the other trees are just the opposite? Crazy thought I know.

And you shouldn't have to respec and change your playstyle every 10 levels, that's called poor design.

The game is fun, just needs some balancing

Double D

I've kind of gotten to the point where I'm mainlining the story. There's just so damn many side quests its a little overwhelming. So last night I played through the mission where
You fight Angel. I honestly thought I was at the end of the game at that point. So then I go on to the next mission and go though the whole deal where you take the elevator up towns have to take down the multiple buzzards. That took a while.
. I'm just curious if I've got a while left still. And will I be able to complete the side quests after the main story, but before I start NG+?

Oh yeah and Melee Zero is still awesome. A bit tricky during some larger bosses, but still fun.

Xevren

All I know is after killing pretty much everything with Zero I find him to be the weakest character in the game. You can kill everything with him, you'll just have to work harder than everyone else. I'm still peeved that his class mods aren't as good as the other characters, I'd love a raw +gun damage mod like Salvador gets.

I've kind of gotten to the point where I'm mainlining the story. There's just so damn many side quests its a little overwhelming. So last night I played through the mission where
You fight Angel. I honestly thought I was at the end of the game at that point. So then I go on to the next mission and go though the whole deal where you take the elevator up towns have to take down the multiple buzzards. That took a while.
. I'm just curious if I've got a while left still. And will I be able to complete the side quests after the main story, but before I start NG+?

Oh yeah and Melee Zero is still awesome. A bit tricky during some larger bosses, but still fun.

You've still got a ways to go, I'd say you're about 2/3rds of the way through.

Wallach

I'm not in TVHM yet (I just hit level 26) but I love shotgun+cunning Zero. I'd be happy using it to 50, although I don't mind respeccing either.

It's pretty awesome the whole way. Pair it with Sniping once you're done with Cunning, down to Vel0city. Then learn to harness the true power of Torgue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom