• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
2 minutes to reach 5 mailbox,with combat near them and they are fairly far from each other?...really?...also because of those awful on a timer quest,is there a way to get the failed quest out of my quest list...I will never attempt this again so I rather not see them in my journal...

Assuming you're doing the Arms Dealing quest, I failed that one the first time but blew it away on try #2. If you fail at first just clear out the enemies in the nearby area and they probably won't all respawn (though I think I recall some of them coming back).

nel e nel

2 minutes to reach 5 mailbox,with combat near them and they are fairly far from each other?...really?...also because of those awful on a timer quest,is there a way to get the failed quest out of my quest list...I will never attempt this again so I rather not see them in my journal...

Deploy vehicle
Drive to furthest mailbox
Walk back
Deploy 2nd vehicle and leave at final destination
Pick up packages
Teleport to vehicle 1
Finish delivering packages
Drive to nearest Catch-A-Ride
Teleport to final destination

1:00 max time total.

And yes, you can re-start the quest if you fail it. Also keep in mind that enemies only have a certain aggro area, so you can sprint/drive in and out and ignore them and take minimal damage to keep your momentum.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Finally got a the legendary head skin for my Commando from
Terramorphous
only to have it glitch on me. I clicked it and it said "UNLOCKED" than I went to change my head and it wasn't there, checked my inventory and it was gone. Love that glitch. Back to farming I guess.

He's dropped four of those heads for me so far lol.

Chris R

This is actually pretty easy. Don't stop and fight, just run and jump. Also I think strange stuff happens with the timer because I thought I wasn't going to make it after getting the first mailbox and seeing how much time was left but ended up finishing it with 20 seconds left my first try.

Cat Party

I just waited to do arms delivery with a buddy, where he stuck around Overlook and I picked up the other 4 packages. But yeah, I'm sure it can be done with teleporting to vehicles.

Jubbly

I go to each location, clear out the enemies, then start the mission. A few may respawn, but for the most part it's 50x easier.

Beat the Constructor from the
Rescue Roland
mission on TVHM.

Gunzerked corrosive and electric SMGs, spammed corrosive grenades. Worked first attempt.

Just sat at a distance rather than getting too close.

DTKT

Man, I hope Borderlands sell a bajillion copies. It's truly an awesome game and I hope Gearbox can profit from that.

Holy f**k!!!! With The Bee and Infinity,
The Warrior
doesn't stand a chance! In less than one minute, he is dead.

I can farm him for infinity without having to even replenish my ammo.

Its even better with Zer0's "0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill", "Rising Sh0t", and "Vel0city." Every shot from Infinity does +60% damage with Level 5 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill.

LL9zc.png

No but seriously I got grenades. =(

Ourobolus

Banned
God, I love this game. The only problem I really have is that I can't listen to previous audio logs like in BL1 (God knows I listened to "Ice cream day" countless times).

Adam - any plans to re-implement this, or am I retarded and don't see the option?

Dizzle24

Cleared out
Wildlife Preserve
today, then went back for a side mission. Upon making my way out to leave the area, I was greeted by a "boss" battle
Pimone and Tumba
lmao. Yes, that is the spelling in-game. Hakuna Matata!

BigDug13

I imagine that, with the DLC that will increase maximum levels, we will be able to finish both Cunning and Bloodshed trees.

That will be awesome!!! :)

Imagine if Many Must Fall reactivated your Kunai amount so that you could throw 5 more in your 3 second Deception extension....WOW!

Railer

Beat the Constructor from the
Rescue Roland
mission on TVHM.

Gunzerked corrosive and electric SMGs, spammed corrosive grenades. Worked first attempt.

Just sat at a distance rather than getting too close.

Just beat him myself on my gunzerker. Although i was right up in his face and unloaded a corrosive shotgun + corrosive smg. Love gunzerking so much.

easiest way....kill everyone before taking the mission

edit : super beaten..

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm...I think I'm stuck out of the Tea Party sidequest from Tiny Tina.

I'm at the last step where I have to defeat the waves attacking the generator. When I tried it yesterday I died and quit the game. Now when I reload my save tonight I have the "Turn on generator" objective checked but not the "Smack Flesh-Stick". The thing is the generator is off and the box is over Flesh-stick. So I can't turn the generator on and I can't smack Flesh Stick.

Tina won't talk to me either....

Guys. 'Hungry Like the Skag' side mission; involves collecting 4 gun parts from 4 different areas overrun with skag. The parts drop from dead skags, but I cannot for the life of me get the last piece to drop. The first three dropped first time, so it seems glitchy in nature. Any light to be shed on this?

Grazie!

Megasoum

Banned
Guys. 'Hungry Like the Skag' side mission; involves collecting 4 gun parts from 4 different areas overrun with skag. The parts drop from dead skags, but I cannot for the life of me get the last piece to drop. The first three dropped first time, so it seems glitchy in nature. Any light to be shed on this?

Grazie!

No idea about your specific quest but my friend had a very similar issue with a different quest earlier. He had to collect 4 items that dropped from enemies, he got 3 in like 2 minutes but the 4th one wouldn't drop. He restarted the game and got the loot right away after killing the mobs again.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Grazie!

It is a percentage drop, you're just getting bad rolls. What I suggest is stop trying to do this quest. You'll get the part naturally just killing skags while doing other quests. That is how I handle random kill quests in most games. I do real quests instead and find that all those mob kills I needed come naturally.

Any skag can drop them, btw, not just the ones in the areas marked on your map.

HoosTrax

Me too, Apparently Anthony Burch (lead writer) already said they are throwing around ideas for Borderlands 3.
But Borderlands 2 was Borderlands 1 in reverse order, and colder. Are they gonna move off planet, to one of the other planets with a vault?

And did they limit themselves to two more sequels, since four of the six Sirens are now known?

This has probably been mentioned and I've seen a few posts in other places (can't find them again) about "Level Tiers". Something like every 5 levels, gear is bumped up in power... Are any of you aware of what the actual numbers are?

I'm asking because I am trying to plan around when to go balls crazy on slot machines / Moxxi / etc. Sometimes it just doesn't feel worth it to drop a ton of cash into the slots - even if you're winning.

Gorillaz

But Borderlands 2 was Borderlands 1 in reverse order, and colder. Are they gonna move off planet, to one of the other planets with a vault?

And did they limit themselves to two more sequels, since four of the six Sirens are now known?

I thought about that as well...unless they do something where they show us a planet full of sirens then they kind of wrote themselves in a corner with that one.

Another big thing that they seemed to write themselves into a corner was future character stuff
killing off one of the original main characters of the first game aka Roland. personally I felt they moved too quick to kill a main member of the original cast. Maybe in the 3rd game but for now it feels like they kind of fucked potential add on's or DLC connecting to the first game.

ALso with the whole pandora locations they can still explore more with it, including more wetlands and jungle atmosphere.

Who are the four Sirens? I know of three of them.

BigDug13

Here's the part I was thinking of:

"According to an echo recording left by Handsome Jack only six sirens can exist in the universe at any given time. "

So now that less than 6 exist, it's possible that more will be born.

Phasewalk, Phaselock, Phaseshift...was Steele's ability Phasebitch?

LL9zc.png

No but seriously I got grenades. =(

A grenade ended up being my best weapon. High damage, 6x grenade spawn, fire elemental and vampiric heath skill. The damn thing even tracks to the enemy, I just toss it anywhere andit hunts them down and give me health.

edit: about the siren issue:
Who's to say all the vault have to be opened the same way? They didn't have to have a siren charge the key in BL1 right? You just found it and put it together.

Do the deputy and sheriffs badge get any better at level 50? From what I recall deputy gave 10% to shotguns and sheriffs gave 20% to pistols

HoosTrax

Is the 4th confirmed? I guess we'll find out who the last two Sirens are via DLC or BL3.
Not explicitly, but the location and design of the tattoo is highly suggestive.

Yeah, yeah I know, that whole sequence in Southpaw Steam and Power, where Jack rages at the Bandits for trying to draw tattoos on women to pass them off as Sirens. Considering the downsides of being known as a Siren (annoying worshippers in the case of both Lilith and Maya, plus the other thing...), most women probably wouldn't do it voluntarily.

Regarding Handsome Jack, I thought that
Handsome Jack was a siren too by how he could disappear and teleport at will. He did this to kill Roland in Angel's core and at the final battle with The Warrior...

Guess we'll never know.

ezekial45

Banned
Regarding Handsome Jack, I thought that
Handsome Jack was a siren too by how he could disappear and teleport at will. He did this to kill Roland in Angel's core and at the final battle with The Warrior...

Guess we'll never know.

I just assumed it was just advanced tech. Since Zer0 can turn invisible as well.

Not explicitly, but the location and design of the tattoo is highly suggestive.

Yeah, yeah I know, that whole sequence in Southpaw Steam and Power, where Jack rages at the Bandits for trying to draw tattoos on women to pass them off as Sirens. Considering the downsides of being known as a Siren (annoying worshippers in the case of both Lilith and Maya, plus the other thing...), most women probably wouldn't do it voluntarily.

Commandant Steele isn't a Siren. Her tattoos are a remnant of her model being the original design for Lilth. The team liked the model enough to reuse it, but never bothered to remove her tattoos. Oh and in relation to the other post only women can be Sirens.

Maya Spoiler:
I'm also a bit curious as to why Maya isn't effected by Eridium. I find it really strange that Gearbox would really go through the effort to make that contrivance for the sake of one story beat.

JambiBum

For the zafs and hodunks legendary weapons, should I wait until I'm 50 to start the quest or can I start it now since the weapons are drops?

For the zafs and hodunks legendary weapons, should I wait until I'm 50 to start the quest or can I start it now since the weapons are drops?

You can start now, but just know that you can't farm both. Whatever you pick will be the only one you can farm on that character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom