• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took advice from a couple of Gaffers and shifted from a gunzerker to a brawn build yesterday. My life in NG+ is going a lot smoother now. Found a nice mod that adds +18 regen and +3 to the hard to kill skill, and my first purple relic which gives me +44% health which is just awesome.

Unfortunately, I've discovered that you cannot play NG+ by just doing the story missions. I'm level 40 now and my next story mission is the Wildlife preserve which is marked 42, and will be really hard. Even the last couple of missions I've seen enemies with skull marks next to their name and while I've managed to get past them, it has been an expensive endeavor in terms of respawns and ammo costs. So now I have to go through every side quest I didn't take so far, looking for those that are trivial, for those that don't have any sort of proper reward and then jumping back and forth between zones doing them. I suspect I'll have to do this a few more times before I get past NG+. Really wishing Gearbox had designed this better, or simply let us play NG++.

HoosTrax

Btw, why is the YOU.WILL.DIE. quest available at the end of Playthrough 1? Isn't it actually practically impossible to get enough exp to reach a level at which it is possible to beat a level 50 (or 52?) boss? No mobs scale that high, so you'd be getting 1 exp per kill once you hit the mid 30s.

I went back to kill the first boss to get the challenge for him and got an orange weapon out of it.

A Level 8 orange weapon.

Oh well, into Claptrap's Stash you go, you'll be useful for my mechromancer/co-op run.

You can start now, but just know that you can't farm both. Whatever you pick will be the only one you can farm on that character.

Ooh. What are these and how exactly does one get them? I'm a level 32; should I hold off?

Many thanks to the helpers in this thread, by the way. Sexcellent stuff.

Gvaz

Banned
talking to my real life friend:

"if I buy borderlands 2, you'll play with me right?" Yeah sure I'll play with you. *makes a time to play with me, disappears*

tumblr_l9ta76HTwl1qdcakeo1_500.jpg

Avinexus

Ooh. What are these and how exactly does one get them? I'm a level 32; should I hold off?

Many thanks to the helpers in this thread, by the way. Sexcellent stuff.

I believe they all say "Clan War" before each quest during that quest line. I think you get the first quest in The Dust, not too sure though (it might be Overlook).

-PXG-

Motion tree is underpowered. Cata all the way. Those elemental buffs are nothing to sneeze at. Early Harmony tree is straight beast.

Wunder

Dying constantly as a Siren in TVHM. Specced over to Motion/Harmony build and it doesn't seem to be working out, might switch back to cata and just see how it goes. T_T I feel like my guns are good but the enemies are just so strong. I have a pretty good loadout of a Slag Sniper, Flame Shottie, Corrosive Bad touch and a Shock E-tech needler. They all do well but I always rely so much on my fire shotgun and keep running out of ammo and the dudes just take buckets of damage.

breakfuss

If there's one criticism i can offer up for what has otherwise become my GOTY, it's that none of the storyline bosses offer up any strategic challenge. The closest is probably
bloodwing
. The rest just all seem to be about whittling down enemies with gratuitous amounts of health.

Dying constantly as a Siren in TVHM. Specced over to Motion/Harmony build and it doesn't seem to be working out, might switch back to cata and just see how it goes. T_T I feel like my guns are good but the enemies are just so strong. I have a pretty good loadout of a Slag Sniper, Flame Shottie, Corrosive Bad touch and a Shock E-tech needler. They all do well but I always rely so much on my fire shotgun and keep running out of ammo and the dudes just take buckets of damage.

Using the right element on the right enemies is how you progress through TVHM. Fire is best for bandits and all creatures that aren't stalkers or fire based, Corrosive is for all Hyperion Loaders, Electricity is for stalkers and Hyperion foot soldiers. Despite whatever damage your shotgun does it will very weak against the loaders and shielded enemies.

steadfast

Holy shit, fuck Rabid Stalkers right in the goddamn ear. I have fire and corrosion guns but no decent shock right now.... of course!

Hate them so much.

error 55 on Steam, just for Borderlands 2. Any one have any ideas on how to fix it?

File integrity check and restart steam, if you haven't already

Wunder

Using the right element on the right enemies is how you progress through TVHM. Fire is best for bandits and all creatures that aren't stalkers or fire based, Corrosive is for all Hyperion Loaders, Electricity is for stalkers and Hyperion foot soldiers. Despite whatever damage your shotgun does it will very weak against the loaders and shielded enemies.

Yeah, bandits are pretty weird because they almost always have shields and I still don't know how to 100% engage people with actual shields like Nomads, because I can't hit their head too well. I love fighting loaders with corrosive or even just a really good non-ele AR. I find Electricity to be really weird because its the only element where you can't really use it for the whole fight. I find myself purposely switching out of my shock weapon to my fire weapon half way through because my shock feels so weak against flesh.

talking to my real life friend:

"if I buy borderlands 2, you'll play with me right?" Yeah sure I'll play with you. *makes a time to play with me, disappears*

tumblr_l9ta76HTwl1qdcakeo1_500.jpg

i know how that goes, ive literally bought a friend a game before so he'd play with me, he never did

HoosTrax

Yeah, bandits are pretty weird because they almost always have shields and I still don't know how to 100% engage people with actual shields like Nomads, because I can't hit their head too well. I love fighting loaders with corrosive or even just a really good non-ele AR. I find Electricity to be really weird because its the only element where you can't really use it for the whole fight. I find myself purposely switching out of my shock weapon to my fire weapon half way through because my shock feels so weak against flesh.
I usually lead off with a Phaselock w/Ruin to strip the shield.

Killed Hunter Helinquest..3 pieces of colored loot drops..through the floor.
If this happens one more time, I'm done with this game until DLC.

Mikey Jr.

I just got ruin with Maya.

Jesus, normal enemies just full on die when they get sucked into this. Like, when they get locked in, I don't even look at them anymore. Like, first helios sets them on fire. Then it electrocutes them, then slags them, then corrodes them. Colours of the rainbow just flying off those enemies.

How awesome is it taking out buzzards a mile away with just your mind? I love watching them explode and slowing falling down to the earth.

HoosTrax

I just got ruin with Maya.

Jesus, normal enemies just full on die when they get sucked into this. Like, when they get locked in, I don't even look at them anymore. Like, first helios sets them on fire. Then it electrocutes them, then slags them, then corrodes them. Colours of the rainbow just flying off those enemies.

How awesome is it taking out buzzards a mile away with just your mind? I love watching them explode and slowing falling down to the earth.
This is the main thing I miss when I'm playing my gunzerker instead. With Maya, you can run through levels, toss a phaselock into a crowd, keep running, and a few seconds later you start to see exp gain pop-ups.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This is the main thing I miss when I'm playing my gunzerker instead. With Maya, you can run through levels, toss a phaselock into a crowd, keep running, and a few seconds later you start to see exp gain pop-ups.

Is that a viable strategy on TVHM? I'm just curious for my own Siren build in the long term.

I was feeling pretty good with my level 30 gear, then I started TVH mode

Blown up

I figured out that I was doing a lot less damage relatively speaking so I switched my strategy. Gear improves exponentially from about level 28.

It's pretty stupid

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
Holy shit, fuck Rabid Stalkers right in the goddamn ear. I have fire and corrosion guns but no decent shock right now.... of course!

Hate them so much.

File integrity check and restart steam, if you haven't already

Did that, restarted, re installed, re-wubwubed, still not working. :/

Badgerst3

If there's one criticism i can offer up for what has otherwise become my GOTY, it's that none of the storyline bosses offer up any strategic challenge. The closest is probably
bloodwing
. The rest just all seem to be about whittling down enemies with gratuitous amounts of health.

Agreed possible goty, my only criticism:

Game needs to just auto pickup any ammo I need, like money.

Why do I have to move around an open crate 4 times past all the ammo I don't need, to trigger the single "take" i need for that 1 grenade. Grrrrr.

i know how that goes, ive literally bought a friend a game before so he'd play with me, he never did

Ha. I actually have a good mate who has the game, but being the big fucking nerd that I am, I'm a good 20 levels beyond him; it just doesn't work.

The few times he's joined my game have been hilarious. Utterly molesteraped.

A grenade ended up being my best weapon. High damage, 6x grenade spawn, fire elemental and vampiric heath skill. The damn thing even tracks to the enemy, I just toss it anywhere andit hunts them down and give me health.
Yeah I have one of those but it's corrosive instead.

The new 'nades weren't really an improvement. :-\

I'm a good 20 levels beyond him; it just doesn't work.
Start a new game/character you big meanie head

Gorillaz

Why do I have to move around an open crate 4 times past all the ammo I don't need, to trigger the single "take" i need for that 1 grenade. Grrrrr.

I still think this is a likely GOTY...atleast for me

There are a few things I don't like, auto save setup, storage room for everything is too limited, enemy respawn times etc.

For the most part this will prob be my GOTY

Hahah, more specifically I meant using Ruin. I'm hoping it doesn't completely lose its usefulness on TVHM.

Yeah Ruin is still great in TVHM. Its especially great for applying slag on lots of target at one time.

I run quite a few levels as zer0, particularly the Hyperion areas. Switch to largest shield, run, run, run, decepti0n if they pierce my shield.

Right, but Maya doesn't have the luxury of deception. She can't avoid combat like Zer0 can and I would know since I have a level 50 Zer0 and Maya.

Stantron

Why is it that I have to be looking at an NPC talking to hear them clearly? If I stand next to them but look away, the audio cuts drastically. Is that the way the game works or do I need to fix something on my end (PC)?

Unicorn

Dude. Any crate of ammo, hold x on any of the items. You will auto pickup anything you need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom