• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double D

I'm stuck in a rut with Class Mods (Zer0), and will only equip those with regenerating health. I'll still pick up a good looking class mod, but I just won't equip it, and I feel like I'm missing out on other cool stuff. Weren't there shields or guns that helped regen health in BL1?

Darkwater

Right, but you shouldn't even bother doing many side quests on normal imo. It's kinda boring and unrewarding. TVHM is where it's at.

The challenge isn't really there in this first playthrough, I'll give you that. What would you recommend? (in TVHM) Hold off on all the sidequests that reward you with leveled items, or just hold off on a few?

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm more of a mid/ranged fighter. I don't see the point in going melee in a game with so many guns. Does this mean I shouldn't drop a single point in Bloodshed? Full Cunning with Sniping secondary?

That is pretty much exactly what I've done and it works fine.

zE4Vu.jpg

I'm stuck in a rut with Class Mods (Zer0), and will only equip those with regenerating health. I'll still pick up a good looking class mod, but I just won't equip it, and I feel like I'm missing out on other cool stuff. Weren't there shields or guns that helped regen health in BL1?

Same here. I'm too lazy to swap them when I need the regen. There is at least one shield in b2 with regen. I believe there is also at least one gun that regens on hit. I could probably swap out the regen mod and use transfusion grenades for healing.

Another issue with zer0 mods is that they usually buff melee/pistol/sniper rifle when what I want are buffs to shotgun and smg. The mods that help with shotgun and/or smg in turn buff skills that I don't have specced. It would be nice if they added a quest in the DLC which is basically "roll your own mod" so you can get a mod that matches your build and playstyle.

Wallach

The challenge isn't really there in this first playthrough, I'll give you that. What would you recommend? (in TVHM) Hold off on all the sidequests that reward you with leveled items, or just hold off on a few?

Just hold off on anything you know ends in a reward you want. If you don't want to look up the rewards for quests you haven't done, I'd recommend skipping anything that shows it gives a blue level reward or higher until TVHM story is cleared.

http://i.imgur.com/zE4Vu.jpg

This is the same spec I use, except Fearless over Ambush (because I never saw it work once combat was started even if the target was chasing another player) and the two in OSOK are in Bloodshed's first tier to take advantage of the legendary hunter mod.

Hey, I heard that the Special Edition and Vault Veteran heads and skins and given as items when you start a new game and thus are tradable. Would somebody be willing to create a new siren and trade these to me tonight?

Wallach

Hey, I heard that the Special Edition and Vault Veteran heads and skins and given as items when you start a new game and thus are tradable. Would somebody be willing to create a new siren and trade these to me tonight?

The SE ones are, but the Veteran ones are not (you just start with them unlocked). I've been looking for the Axton ones myself.

The SE ones are, but the Veteran ones are not (you just start with them unlocked). I've been looking for the Axton ones myself.
Well crud, because I only really wanted the Vault Veteran one.

Cry.

Is it possible I can just copy somebody else's BL1 save to my HDD? 360 version.

Darkwater

Just hold off on anything you know ends in a reward you want. If you don't want to look up the rewards for quests you haven't done, I'd recommend skipping anything that shows it gives a blue level reward or higher until TVHM story is cleared.

Great. Thanks for the info, Wallach and slaughterking.

Macattk15

I thought the same thing about ZerO. I thought, why melee when I have all these guns?

Then I was able to unlock Many Must Fall ... and it is awesomely fun.

abundant

Elated is such a worthless skill in TVHM. I've found several class mods that give you 10x team health regen, and this works all the time, not just when you use Phaselock.

zE4Vu.jpg

Same here. I'm too lazy to swap them when I need the regen. There is at least one shield in b2 with regen. I believe there is also at least one gun that regens on hit. I could probably swap out the regen mod and use transfusion grenades for healing.

Another issue with zer0 mods is that they usually buff melee/pistol/sniper rifle when what I want are buffs to shotgun and smg. The mods that help with shotgun and/or smg in turn buff skills that I don't have specced. It would be nice if they added a quest in the DLC which is basically "roll your own mod" so you can get a mod that matches your build and playstyle.

Wait....how do you get more than 5 points in one skill? For instance I see 10/5 on your setup.
What is this trickery?

Zeth

Don't all the side quests reset after first play through? The advice above seems confusing. Isn't it PT2 where you should skip unique reward quests? Since they aren't reset and you want to go back in 2.5 when everything is max leveled (reward items and enemies). You can do whatever you want in the first PT, correct?

Does it matter what folder the four player difficulty mod is in? I'm using it but not sure if it's actually doing anything as it doesn't really seem any more difficult and the drops aren't noticeably better.

I love Zer0 but I hate that he doesnt have health regen. I have had to sell so many class mods that I would love to use since I cant stand playing without health regen.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So.. i don't know what it is... borderlands bad luck? hate from the angels? hyperion sats? ... mother fuckers are all against me.

Spoilers for the very late game...

I loaded my game last night and fought with saturn outside the infolink. Destroy him and run train on the IL building - killed the BAconstructor and work my way upstairs to the map data. Grab all dat, leave to sanctuary and talk to everyone, bounce to fight Jack

Here is where shit gets angrified.

After opening the door with Cl4pTr4p and fighting my way through the first few encounters I come across Brick and Mordecai!! FUCKYAHBRAH! lets kill stuff!! ..... but.... wait. The sound effects and music are all muted like there is dialogue playing and Brick's picture is up in the top right com window thing but there is no voice acting/subtitles. There is nothing to click on... my mission marker is well beyond the Hyperion gate, brick won't speak to me neither will mordecai. If i try to leave the area at this point the game freezes on a loading screen. Textures begin to load slower and sometimes not at all when I get close to objects. What in the fuck????!!!

Please someone help.. and not by telling me i need to re-roll my character at 1 :-(

Guys I need some help... I can't wrap my head around how a game can turn out better than the hype it generated before it's release...

this game
this game
THIS GAME

(this is all before they add the new class and put out any of the big DLC)

This is gaming nirvana people!

tjohn86

So.. i don't know what it is... borderlands bad luck? hate from the angels? hyperion sats? ... mother fuckers are all against me.

Spoilers for the very late game...

I loaded my game last night and fought with saturn outside the infolink. Destroy him and run train on the IL building - killed the BAconstructor and work my way upstairs to the map data. Grab all dat, leave to sanctuary and talk to everyone, bounce to fight Jack

Here is where shit gets angrified.

After opening the door with Cl4pTr4p and fighting my way through the first few encounters I come across Brick and Mordecai!! FUCKYAHBRAH! lets kill stuff!! ..... but.... wait. The sound effects and music are all muted like there is dialogue playing and Brick's picture is up in the top right com window thing but there is no voice acting/subtitles. There is nothing to click on... my mission marker is well beyond the Hyperion gate, brick won't speak to me neither will mordecai. If i try to leave the area at this point the game freezes on a loading screen. Textures begin to load slower and sometimes not at all when I get close to objects. What in the fuck????!!!

Please someone help.. and not by telling me i need to re-roll my character at 1 :-(

Verify the game files in Steam.

New codes up a little later today:
Randy Pitchford said:
New SHiFT codes for Borderlands 2 today. The codes will be active for two hours starting at 1pm Central time.

If you try to redeem these codes before 1pm, they will not work.

These codes are part of our ongoing stress testing. We have some new infrastructure software these tests should prove out.

Here come the SHiFT codes, good for a single Golden Key in Borderlands 2 per platform, per account - redeem them in-game...

WinPC: KJK33-XFZ6H-F3BBT-3BBJJ-WTXR6
PS3: KTKJT-Z3K9B-FS35T-S35T3-BBKXC
X360: CT5BT-6BCKX-B6F3X-KXTTB-WXHH5

Those SHiFT codes activate at 1pm CDT. SHiFT codes are redeemed in-game with Borderlands 2. Help with SHiFT found here: http://t.co/MI6MBwFa

Successful tests today will prepare us to go wide. Wide = massive redemptions with plenty of time and plenty of heads up.

I'll say 50% chance we'll do more codes in five or six hours... Thanks for helping test our system. Good luck, and happy looting!

is there a way to get the preorder stuff without paying out of the wazoo? just picked up the game for the PS3 as I didnt have enough $$$ before and I feel like im missing out on stuff :/

is there a way to get the preorder stuff without paying out of the wazoo? just picked up the game for the PS3 as I didnt have enough $$$ before and I feel like im missing out on stuff :/

The pre-order stuff is mostly junk outside of the mechromancer class, which isn't even out yet. It'll cost you $10 to get the class now.

So choked.

Bought this last night on Steam and let it download, but when I fired it up this morning it can't complete the installation due to error #55: Steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Validating the cache didn't help.

First time Steam has let me down. Feels bad. :(

C1qz8.jpg

4Aq1i.jpg

So what are, arguably, the best guns in the game of each type?

I have Conference Call shotgun and I've been told thats the best shotgun.
I have Bee shield, which is good if you are playing cautious, but shield is low.

How about Sniper, Assault Rifle, SMG, etc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Maya is really hot.

Mikey Jr.

So I just beat the game, and am level 33 Siren.

What do I do now? Is there secret stuff I am missing? Things I know I have not looked at yet.

-Grinding out to get some bee shield?
-Fighting some huge secret boss.
-Crapload of sidequests (which I really dont feel like doing because the exp/rewards are essentially too low/garbage)

Is that it? Should I start this Vault Hunter mode now? Or should I try and keep grinding to get to level 50, then do it? Is the last boss the best place to grind out for exp?

Atruvius

Quick explanation of what shift codes are?

Shift codes give you an extra golden key which unlocks the golden chest in Sanctuary, from which you get purple loot.

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/253532583495880704

Activates in 23 minutes.

What do I do now? Is there secret stuff I am missing? Things I know I have not looked at yet.

-Crapload of sidequests (which I really dont feel like doing because the exp/rewards are essentially too low/garbage)

Is that it? Should I start this Vault Hunter mode now? Or should I try and keep grinding to get to level 50, then do it? Is the last boss the best place to grind out for exp?

Just start the Vault Hunter mode. You can go back to your original game anytime you want and keep all your stuff from the Vault Hunter mode.

TVHM

Megasoum

Banned
Can you still enter shift codes if Steam is in Offline mode? It's possible that I'm at work right now...and it's also possible that I have my boss in my friend list and he's online right now lol.....

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can you still enter shift codes if Steam is in Offline mode? It's possible that I'm at work right now...and it's also possible that I have my boss in my friend list and he's online right now lol.....

Steam may be down but the SHIFT website might not be so give it a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom