• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing through some 60+ hours with Axton I wanted to try out Zer0, but realised how much I rely on my turret during bullet sponge bosses. You just throw it out and it deals like 30% of the boss' health while distracting it, so I need some tips for soloing bosses with Zer0. I'm mainly going down the sniper path.

Wunder

Hey 50 Sirens and/or Commandos, how efficient are you guys in terms of farming bosses? I was thinking about just levelling a Gunzerker instead to get a good farmer out there, but I was just wondering how Maya or Axton handles people like
The Warrior
or
Terramorphous
? Mainly those big bosses that I can't phaselock or that my turret might get wrecked in.

I'm sure this has been covered, but when The Warrior falls on items, how you get him to disappear so you can retrieve them? Quitting and saving isn't the answer, and leaving the area forces you to run all the way back through the map to get to the vault again.

There must be a method I'm missing. Help would be appreciated.

Hey 50 Sirens and/or Commandos, how efficient are you guys in terms of farming bosses? I was thinking about just levelling a Gunzerker instead to get a good farmer out there, but I was just wondering how Maya or Axton handles people like
The Warrior
or
Terramorphous
? Mainly those big bosses that I can't phaselock or that my turret might get wrecked in.

Can't speak for Terra, but I'm using Maya and killing The Warrior in about 40 seconds. So yea.

Gorillaz

After playing through some 60+ hours with Axton I wanted to try out Zer0, but realised how much I rely on my turret during bullet sponge bosses. You just throw it out and it deals like 30% of the boss' health while distracting it, so I need some tips for soloing bosses with Zer0. I'm mainly going down the sniper path.

I use his deception ability for distraction mainly. I run a close to pure shotgun/pistol(with melee damage added). I have a sniper or 2 and a assault for those big boy enemies. Sniper path is cool as well, I feel it would be best to basically pile on the skill points just in that sniper tree tho.

Dizzy-4U

I've been doing some testing and 4-players co-op on the same PC seem possible. The only issue I'm having so far is that Player 3 and Player 4 are stuck in the autosave, so you can't leave the area. I don't know how to fix that yet (-SaveDataId doesnt work with 3 and 4).

Aside from that, I'm getting 40/60 fps but I haven't tested it in heavy areas yet.

untitled-1u8rhn.png

The Warrior
or
Terramorphous
If you have the bee shield/good shotgun it makes both trivial.

Wunder

I'm sure this has been covered, but when The Warrior falls on items, how you get him to disappear so you can retrieve them? Quitting and saving isn't the answer, and leaving the area forces you to run all the way back through the map to get to the vault again.

There must be a method I'm missing. Help would be appreciated.

Can't speak for Terra, but I'm using Maya and killing The Warrior in about 40 seconds. So yea.

What spec are you? And I assume you're soloing them?

FtHTiny

The Warrior
or
Terramorphous

killing terra as maya in about 30 sec to 1 min without any problem

Paertan

Hmm- I recall having to move from item to item holding x each time in hopes it will find the ammo, etc I don't have. Will try.

Hold longer =) Also the pick up distance is not very far. Would be great if you could just hold pick up button without aiming at anything. Like moving around while holding it down makes you pick up all monies, ammo and iridium. At least money and iridium is shared so who cares who picks that up.

But people are picking up all weapons as fast as they can anyway. Greeding in Borderlands =/ Like money is an issue....
After playing hours with a few randoms I had no better weapons. Finally asked if anyone had a decent SMG and got one of Moxxi:s =) It had pretty low level but it is still pretty good.

Regarding Handsome Jack, I thought that
Handsome Jack was a siren too by how he could disappear and teleport at will. He did this to kill Roland in Angel's core and at the final battle with The Warrior...

Guess we'll never know.

That and he talks about how he is the only one able to deal with Maya and Lily.

The way Anthony Burch writes, we'll most likely find out in BL3.

Krilekk

Banned
I use his deception ability for distraction mainly. I run a close to pure shotgun/pistol(with melee damage added). I have a sniper or 2 and a assault for those big boy enemies. Sniper path is cool as well, I feel it would be best to basically pile on the skill points just in that sniper tree tho.

Basically any boss can be sniped without him ever being able to hit you. Works for bosses and constructors. For bullet sponge bosses I used an assault rifle with high accuracy, scope and explosion damage. Sort of a mini rocket launcher with 1000 ammo.

Regarding Handsome Jack, I thought that
Handsome Jack was a siren too by how he could disappear and teleport at will. He did this to kill Roland in Angel's core and at the final battle with The Warrior...

Guess we'll never know.

Hyperion soldiers can do the exact same thing

You fought some on the way to Jack

Best of today's take:

2012100300002.jpg
2012100300003.jpg

2012100300004.jpg
2012100300005.jpg

2012100300006.jpg

Maggie dropped from the mission quest and the rest from Warrior runs. Also got some nice relics and purple class mods. Another good night, but I'm still looking for a damn SMG drop. Sucks it's my most used weapon type and it's the only one I can't seem to get a Legendary drop for. Bah.
dat shield and dat pistol damage gat damn

What spec are you? And I assume you're soloing them?

pretty sure it's this (or very close to it):

skillbuild.png

and yes, soloing him. when I re-skill, I'll be moving that point in toxic cloud to something else. I find that corrosive cloud is just about worthless, whereas I could put that point in one of the other skills that don't have a point and benefit from class mods boosting those categories further.

If you have the bee shield/good shotgun it makes both trivial.

You don't need the bee or a shotgun. Go in with a pistol like Maggie there, aim for those soft chest plates and watch Warrior turn into a bitch. I just stood in the middle of the arena with nothing but maggie and a normal 40k shield. Got right in Warrior's ass, chipping off about 15% of his life every time he surfaced. the Cataclysm tree is perfect for that because her final skill in the tree hits them with all elements, leaving Warrior slagged for bonus damage.

That said, if you're express farming get yourself a Bee. It's more convenient. I did a few runs with my Bee + Maggie and well...Warrior loses about 80% of his health the first time he pops his head out of the lava with that Cataclysm build + Bee added damage + Maggie. I went back to the normal shield just to felt like I was at least earning it a bit. lol

killing terra as maya in about 30 sec to 1 min without any problem
good to know. haven't tried terra yet, but that makes me feel pretty confident I'll handle him without incident.

Neverfade

Any set drops for class mods? Mine is utter shit, about 15 levels below me since I can't find anything better. It's a Guardian Warder with +shields (an insignificant amount at this point) and +2 to Ward (which I like). I haven't seen a class mod like it since. In need of a severe upgrade! Tips?

Re-spec'd my lvl 44 Siren whose skill points were wholly invested in Motion into Cataclysm (because that's what every decent class mod for Siren I was getting as drops) and beast mode was activated.

I nova blast on shield deplete regardless of what kind of shield I'm using. My melee attacks cause the targets to be set on fire. Whoever I shoot first gets an acid cloud around them. I get fire elemental shots during second wind. Phaselock does ridiculous and multiple varieties of elemental damage. When I shoot a Phaselocked target with bullets, they pass through the Phaselock and hit a secondary target. The elemental damage percentage boost is awesome because I favour Maliwan weapons. And the Blight Angel kill skill causes anyone nearby to have corrosive and fire damage inflicted on them.

Motion was fun but Cataclysm seems like it's on a whole different level. I might try to do a build that nets me Motion's Phaselock draw-in for multiple targets but I may also save that for when the skill/level cap is raised in the first expansion/dlc.

Poyunch

Re-spec'd my lvl 44 Siren whose skill points were wholly invested in Motion into Cataclysm (because that's what every decent class mod for Siren I was getting as drops) and beast mode was activated.

I nova blast on shield deplete regardless of what kind of shield I'm using. My melee attacks cause the targets to be set on fire. Whoever I shoot first gets an acid cloud around them. I get fire elemental shots during second wind. Phaselock does ridiculous and multiple varieties of elemental damage. When I shoot a Phaselocked target with bullets, they pass through the Phaselock and hit a secondary target. The elemental damage percentage boost is awesome because I favour Maliwan weapons. And the Blight Angel kill skill causes anyone nearby to have corrosive and fire damage inflicted on them.

Motion was fun but Cataclysm seems like it's on a whole different level. I might try to do a build that nets me Motion's Phaselock draw-in for multiple targets but I may also save that for when the skill/level cap is raised in the first expansion/dlc.

YaYx1.png

This is what I'm planning on using and if you mess around a bit with what I have you can get Converge with most of Cataclysm.

edit: oh this is only up to like 29 so there.

So I hit Sactuary in TVHM

Which quests should I definitely not, under no circumstances do until 50?

I've got a couple in mind but I can't remember what most of the quest rewards are

Log4Girlz

So during my second playthrough Moxxi gave me her good touch first when I tipped her...then I came back later, figuering well, I'll get a good corrosive SMG later with her bad touch...nope...when I kept tipping she gave me...another good touch lol. WTF. Now I can't tip anymore.

Finding TVHM much easier now. It was the same on my first play through. You get to a point a few levels up where the game gets a bit harder than you start getting good guns.

I'm lvl 45 now with loads of side quests just opened up once I got back to Sanctuary. Just that should see me nicely on my way to lvl 50.

Any idea when the DLC is coming?

Paertan

Finding TVHM much easier now. It was the same on my first play through. You get to a point a few levels up where the game gets a bit harder than you start getting good guns.

I'm lvl 45 now with loads of side quests just opened up once I got back to Sanctuary. Just that should see me nicely on my way to lvl 50.

Any idea when the DLC is coming?

I am lvl 38 and I can't continue the story. Damn robots and I have no corrosive damage to speak of. Grinding mobs and chests in hope of godlike weapon =P

I am lvl 38 and I can't continue the story. Damn robots and I have no corrosive damage to speak of. Grinding mobs and chests in hope of godlike weapon =P

Aww that sucks. I managed to find or acquire a really good corrosive that chews through them. That and 2 gun turrets and it's back to the factory for these guys!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Explosive shotguns are also your friend against robots, although TVHM may make getting in close enough difficult.

Woo-Fu

Banned
You don't need the bee or a shotgun. Go in with a pistol like Maggie there, aim for those soft chest plates and watch Warrior turn into a bitch. I just stood in the middle of the arena with nothing but maggie and a normal 40k shield. Got right in Warrior's ass, chipping off about 15% of his life every time he surfaced. the Cataclysm tree is perfect for that because her final skill in the tree hits them with all elements, leaving Warrior slagged for bonus damage.

That said, if you're express farming get yourself a Bee. It's more convenient. I did a few runs with my Bee + Maggie and well...Warrior loses about 80% of his health the first time he pops his head out of the lava with that Cataclysm build + Bee added damage + Maggie. I went back to the normal shield just to felt like I was at least earning it a bit.

I just stand under the left hut, warrior can't even hit me but I have clean shots at the three spots he surfaces just fine. Heart shots yield nice crits but they also make him dive. The sequence works perfect with my reload/death blossom timing but if I had an explosive spinigun with 2x or more the magazine of this one I might shoot somewhere else just to keep him on the surface.

Megasoum

Banned

I'm in the exact same situation... I was 37 when I got the quest to go in the Fridge which is level 40 so...yeah...

I grinded a bit to get to 39 so I should be able to go there now but it killed much of the fun and the enthusiasm I had about the game. When you loose all your money because you die so much, the game is not fun anymore.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I think I found a nice shield for the Volcano climb... it gives me invulnerability to burn damage so I'm good to go right?

No. All those invulnerabilities do is save you from the effects of the burning DoT.

I tried to use one to pull Warrior loot out of the magma. Still almost burned to death.

I don't know why you need a nice shield for that, though, I just ran right up with my regular shield.

No. All those invulnerabilities do is save you from the effects of the burning DoT.

I tried to use one to pull Warrior loot out of the magma. Still almost burned to death.

I don't know why you need a nice shield for that, though, I just ran right up with my regular shield.

On the first play through, I kept dying when you have to jump over the flowing lava and crossing the beams. It's a long walk back up every time so I just gave up and never got to the top :(

So basically I can do every sidequest on my first playthrough and not worry about missing properly leveled quest reward items because I can do them in TVHM when I'm level 50, right?

Right, but you shouldn't even bother doing many side quests on normal imo. It's kinda boring and unrewarding. TVHM is where it's at.

You don't pick just one tree with zer0, at least not if you want to succeed.

Cunning + Bloodshed if you want a melee build
Cunning + Sniping if you want a ranged build

I'm more of a mid/ranged fighter. I don't see the point in going melee in a game with so many guns. Does this mean I shouldn't drop a single point in Bloodshed? Full Cunning with Sniping secondary?

Wallach

I'm more of a mid/ranged fighter. I don't see the point in going melee in a game with so many guns. Does this mean I shouldn't drop a single point in Bloodshed? Full Cunning with Sniping secondary?

Yeah. You sound like you play like me; you'll dig Cunning w/ secondary Sniping. If you get the Legendary Hunter class mod for Zer0, you might want to drop a single point into both first tier Bloodshed skills, but otherwise I'd just ignore it.

kami_sama

I've been trying to get the Conference Call, but I've been farming for 2 or 3 hors and I didn't get it. Someone on pc has one of level 40 that could give to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom