• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got my
Minecraft
shotgun yesterday and I'm a bit disappointed. Slow projectile speed just about ruins it for me, seems like half the enemies move out of the way before the shot ever reaches them.

MrDaravon

Has anyone else had any problems getting the Jackpot challenge in Sanctuary? Don't get me wrong, obviously it should be difficult. But I am at over ten fucking million spent, and this is from beginning of the game to end game (mostly mid-game) so that's probably somewhere around 1500-1700 spins and hours and hours. It's super frustrating.

Also have they said anything about the Pimon spawn being fucked? Pre-release the footage indicated that they would always spawn together, but it seems like almost no one can get Pimon, and getting them both together is fucking ridiculous. I spent 6 motherfucking hours trying to get Pimon to spawn on Sunday, and got about 70 Tumbaas (it's not terribly hard) and I still haven't seen Pimon once. It's kinda fucked, and really frustrating because my last couple of Challenges seem to screwed in one way or another. The other major one I'm missing is the only one that's not-repeatable (for doing something with turrets in Eridium Blight) and so far me and my friends have had no success getting that on any of our playthroughs. We're going to have to waste someone's playthrough 1 character and go in there with the other 3 people at level 50 that we want to get that Challenge on.

Has anyone else had any problems getting the Jackpot challenge in Sanctuary? Don't get me wrong, obviously it should be difficult. But I am at over ten fucking million spent, and this is from beginning of the game to end game (mostly mid-game) so that's probably somewhere around 1500-1700 spins and hours and hours. It's super frustrating.

Yeah I have yet to get a Jackpot yet. I've spent 75 hours with the game and have put easily 5-10 million into those damn things and have never gotten the Jackpot.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Also have they said anything about the Pimon spawn being fucked? Pre-release the footage indicated that they would always spawn together, but it seems like almost no one can get Pimon, and getting them both together is fucking ridiculous. I spent 6 motherfucking hours trying to get Pimon to spawn on Sunday, and got about 70 Tumbaas (it's not terribly hard) and I still haven't seen Pimon once. It's kinda fucked, and really frustrating because my last couple of Challenges seem to screwed in one way or another. The other major one I'm missing is the only one that's not-repeatable (for doing something with turrets in Eridium Blight) and so far me and my friends have had no success getting that on any of our playthroughs. We're going to have to waste someone's playthrough 1 character and go in there with the other 3 people at level 50 that we want to get that Challenge on.

I think I've been through the area 3 times and they spawned together on two of them (with neither spawning the third).

Smash88

Banned
Hmmm. Well, true, they only made improvements in certain areas, but these areas were critical. The narrative they've woven completely and utterly blows the first entry out of the water. The characters (both NPCs and protagonists) have had so much life pumped into them. Also, while the first game boasted tons of guns, BL2's weapons have a striking distinct aspect based on the manufacturer and their variability is now even greater because they added a lot more parts that can change randomly. No, overall it isn't a radical departure from the first, but did it need to be?

That's what I'm wondering. While it's great to have more Borderlands, I don't see how they can keep milking this, which I assume they want to do.

They still need to be more innovative than re-skinning guns with new animations, and improving areas that obviously needed it. I'm not a game developer, so I really can't say in what direction they need to head towards, nor what they should do to shake up the formula. I remember that Call of Duty 1/2, while great at the time were just that unique in experience, excellent gameplay, but once Call of Duty 4 came around it really shook not only the industry but how FPS games are viewed today. Now I'm not asking Borderlands to be the next industry smash-hit, but something that shakes it up while still keeping the base formula. What that may be I don't know.

I also want to state that by no means is Borderlands 2 bad, it just feels the same. And I've put over 60 hours in the first one.

PARANO1A

There's a lot of room for improvement.

Obvious ones are losing the time sink factors (default backpack is way too small, only two weapon slots from the start makes you force going through menus for the same outcome, let me teleport to town and back, etc) along with better enemy variety and of course saving my progress when I quit during a mission.

The game is amazing when it's great. But there's a lot of filler in between.

Log4Girlz

Been farming the final boss for close to 5 hours today, and not a single legendary item. I said it before but I will say it again that drop rates for legendary items in general in the entire game is just terrible. It takes a lot of the fun out of farming, and the current situation would be 100x worse if nobody discovered The Bee trick, because otherwise nobody would farm at all due to how much hard work you have to put in only to get terrible loot back.

Might as well not even hope for Pearlescent guns to return, Orange is hard enough to get with the current situation.

What's the bee trick? I'm gonna farm a level 50 one soon.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Hit the gun jackpot for the first time yesterday after blowing millions into it.

It was a sweet assault rifle that shoots like a bullet spread...so awesome.

Wallach

New SHIFT codes for 1 Golden Key:

WinPC: 5TW33-SRZFH-63J33-BJ3TJ-FXF9F
PS3: KJCBT-3WCZT-FH3CT-S3CBJ-W3FT6
360: KTKJT-Z3K5F-BR63X-K63T3-BBK66

-PXG-

Gonna try this again...

Vermivorous spawning/ farming session if anyone is down. Anytime tonight.

Obama/Romney debate is @ 9 EST, so I won't be online then. Any time before and after that I'm good.

Oh...slightly drunk too.

equil

Been farming the final boss for close to 5 hours today, and not a single legendary item. I said it before but I will say it again that drop rates for legendary items in general in the entire game is just terrible. It takes a lot of the fun out of farming, and the current situation would be 100x worse if nobody discovered The Bee trick, because otherwise nobody would farm at all due to how much hard work you have to put in only to get terrible loot back.

Might as well not even hope for Pearlescent guns to return, Orange is hard enough to get with the current situation.

The best way to farm the last boss is to get a character that hasnt pushed the button yet and keep a copy of that save. Then just load the save and push the button, and replace the save everytime. You should get a legendary 9 out of 10 times. You need a friend to hold the loot since your replacing your save.

All this talk of farming bosses and crap is kind of souring me on the game a little bit.

I'll probably finish up my siren campaign, do my online co-op run when mechromancer comes out and then let it rest until the DLC starts flowing in.

Nelo Ice

Banned
All this talk of farming bosses and crap is kind of souring me on the game a little bit.

I'll probably finish up my siren campaign, do my online co-op run when mechromancer comes out and then let it rest until the DLC starts flowing in.

Yeah I played way too much but it's dawned on me that there's no reason to co-op in this game atm or really do anything in the end game. Once you get a bee and CC there's no real upgrades and the only reason to get loot is just to collect it. And for that matter why co-op when you can farm the same amount of loot and keep it to yourself versus having to scramble and come to a magic resolution as to who gets what loot with 4 players.

welp I'm officially stuck at playthrough 2. I'm lvl 38 in the Highlands and everything is 40+, that thresher boss is taking me out with 2 shots on my assassin. I remember reading in this thread that its best to save all the side quests until lvl 50 so I've skipped nearly all of them. Is it normal to have to grind mobs if you do so? I'm picking up guns that are a level or 2 above my own so that doesn't really help, should I just go back to the Tundra and Fridge and farm lower level enemies?

Well I have eight keys now, haha.

I even used my lunch break to come home and redeem the afternoon one today, which I can't decide was resourceful or just creepy.

I no longer feel bad about throwing my preorder key away (and not even getting to keep the items from it).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I want to redeem a Golden Key code but I don't want to go back to the beginning of the area since I'm in the middle of a lot of missions that will require a ton of hoofing it after I restart.

Megasoum

Banned
I got my key...now if only I could access the chest lol... I need to progress on the story to get back to Sanctuary but I could really use the chest to progress in the story haha.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Bitched to Gearbox about Shift not working on my PS3 (it never had until yesterday) they reply back with 3 free golden keys.

I log in just now and I have 7 lol

welp I'm officially stuck at playthrough 2. I'm lvl 38 in the Highlands and everything is 40+, that thresher boss is taking me out with 2 shots on my assassin. I remember reading in this thread that its best to save all the side quests until lvl 50 so I've skipped nearly all of them. Is it normal to have to grind mobs if you do so? I'm picking up guns that are a level or 2 above my own so that doesn't really help, should I just go back to the Tundra and Fridge and farm lower level enemies?

Only save the side quests with blue or better gun/shield rewards for loot scaled to your level. Go do all the other sidequests.

Megasoum

Banned
BTW guys I'll copy/paste what I just posted on the tech support forum over at Gearbox. Anybody has any ideas?

Hey I got a big problem with the Tea Party quest from Tiny Tina.

I'm on my TVHM playthrough and doing some sidequests. I got to the part of the quest where you need to turn the generator on and then smack Flesh Stick to trigger the enemy waves that you have to defeat.

I did that but died on the waves. I then quit the game and stopped playing for the day. When I came back the next day the quest was still active (it didn't fail) so now I have the "Turn on the generator" part checked and I need to hit FleshStick. The problem is that the generator is turned off, I can't turn it on and Flesh Stick is still inside his metal box so I can't smack him.

Is there anyway to force fail the quest or move to the next part in the script?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Need help

Getting error code 55 when trying to boot this up. Already tried doing what the support page says and still doesn't get past the 1% verification of cache and final install. It started when I went to play the game just now and my default profile wasn't loaded. I thought it was weird but then was able to load my default profile but when I did that the game crashed and stopped working. I verified cache with 1 file missing and what I mentioned earlier in this post happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom