• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to ask again about "Level Tiers" - anyone have the data on what the level tiers are for loot? IE: What levels are best to go nuts at the slot machine?

I'm Level 26 and the machine will only give me Level 22 items, right now.

Wallach

Just wanted to ask again about "Level Tiers" - anyone have the data on what the level tiers are for loot? IE: What levels are best to go nuts at the slot machine?

I'm Level 26 and the machine will only give me Level 22 items, right now.

The slot machines scale up to match the progress of your story quest. So if you want them to dish higher level loot you need to advance the story.

Got Vermivorous the Invincible to spawn!

got no Legendaries from him. :(

That shit (getting him to spawn) was hard. ugh. I'm probably going to have to sell my soul to get a Norfleet. :(

Drek

Anyone know why me signing up for Shift today and just doing this newest code would have me at 4 gold keys?

My wife and I are playing a co-op game and I did the same for her today as well, earning her two. Is it doubling gold keys for each of us as a result of us playing on a co-op turn?

Either way, pretty damn cool. We used our pre-order keys early on to get some nice starter guns and now it says we've each got 4 keys to burn after just a few minutes of work this evening. Tough to decide when exactly we'll use them, though obviously going to save a few for late game stuff.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Got Vermivorous the Invincible to spawn!

got no Legendaries from him. :(

That shit (getting him to spawn) was hard. ugh. I'm probably going to have to sell my soul to get a Norfleet. :(
Tundra or Caverns? Seems like caverns would be the way to go for mobs around?

eek5

welp I'm officially stuck at playthrough 2. I'm lvl 38 in the Highlands and everything is 40+, that thresher boss is taking me out with 2 shots on my assassin. I remember reading in this thread that its best to save all the side quests until lvl 50 so I've skipped nearly all of them. Is it normal to have to grind mobs if you do so? I'm picking up guns that are a level or 2 above my own so that doesn't really help, should I just go back to the Tundra and Fridge and farm lower level enemies?

I ran into a similar problem. Do the first 4 waves of arena which should take you to 39-40. You can do all the sidequests that only give xp/money/eridium rewards as well. There are some quests that give shit rewards you can do but I didn't want to go through the trouble of figuring out which was which so I just avoided ones with equipment rewards completely.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Need help

Getting error code 55 when trying to boot this up. Already tried doing what the support page says and still doesn't get past the 1% verification of cache and final install. It started when I went to play the game just now and my default profile wasn't loaded. I thought it was weird but then was able to load my default profile but when I did that the game crashed and stopped working. I verified cache with 1 file missing and what I mentioned earlier in this post happened.

Followup to this, I deleted an updatesomething.blob file and did a repair install of Steam. It booted up again but it still doesn't load my default character and when I do, I get no online options. When I chose online with friends or invite only, it bring up a confirmation window with no text. Then when I try to get into the Steam overlay, it crashes.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm...so if I'm level 39 and in the middle of my TVHM playthrough right now (so I don't have access ot Sanctuary), will I get level 39 loot if I go open the golden chest in playthrough 1?

Only save the side quests with blue or better gun/shield rewards for loot scaled to your level. Go do all the other sidequests.

I ran into a similar problem. Do the first 4 waves of arena which should take you to 39-40. You can do all the sidequests that only give xp/money/eridium rewards as well. There are some quests that give shit rewards you can do but I didn't want to go through the trouble of figuring out which was which so I just avoided ones with equipment rewards completely.

Thanks guys, I'll go and do some of the green rewards and try the arena later

BigDug13

Only save the side quests with blue or better gun/shield rewards for loot scaled to your level. Go do all the other sidequests.

THIS.

People are taking it too literally. You're only saving the quests to get a level 50 reward. If your quest reward was only exp, money, or eridium, then go ahead and do it since it would make no difference either way.

Megasoum

Banned
THIS.

People are taking it too literally. You're only saving the quests to get a level 50 reward. If your quest reward was only exp, money, or eridium, then go ahead and do it since it would make no difference either way.

I know but the problem is that when people like me and the other poster get stuck around level 40 and The Fridge that means we don't have access to Sanctuary which means we don't have access to the majority of the quest givers.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Followup to this, I deleted an updatesomething.blob file and did a repair install of Steam. It booted up again but it still doesn't load my default character and when I do, I get no online options. When I chose online with friends or invite only, it bring up a confirmation window with no text. Then when I try to get into the Steam overlay, it crashes.

Now it gets stuck on saving forever. I had a random BSOD earlier while playing the game so I'm trying to figure out if that was the culprit and how to fix it.

BigDug13

I know but the problem is that when people like me and the other poster get stuck around level 40 and The Fridge that means we don't have access to Sanctuary which means we don't have access to the majority of the quest givers.

Yeah, that happened to me, too. Do the Fink's Slaughterhouse for a few rounds, but don't accept round 5. Just the first couple rounds solo got me from 40-42.

Even at level 42, those rabid stalkers and that huge thresher were a bitch. I had to cheese my way to the back of the building and pop out for phaselocks and a few gun shots then hide again.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, that happened to me, too. Do the Fink's Slaughterhouse for a few rounds, but don't accept round 5. Just the first couple rounds solo got me from 40-42.

Even at level 42, those rabid stalkers and that huge thresher were a bitch. I had to cheese my way to the back of the building and pop out for phaselocks and a few gun shots then hide again.

Yeah I just found out about the Rabid....those damn things. I have an "ok" explosive rifle that shoots REALLY fast and I still do almost zero damage. My turret that shoot missiles do a bit of damage but still...damn! For mobs only 1 level over me they are really something.

I'll go try the arena, didn't think about that.

The thing is I need better guns. I have a couple of golden keys but obviously I can't open the chest right now. I wonder if it would work if I go back to playthrough 1 to open it. After all it's supposed to scale to your level and shouldn't have any effect on which playthrough you are in.

Wallach

So they have Burch on the Destructoid BL2 stream, and when asked about the Bee he said that they are looking into the best way to change it so that it isn't so broken but retains the point of the original design. So, basically they are definitely going to nerf it; my guess is that the amp damage is applied once per usage of ammo rather than once per projectile contact.

Xevren

So they have Burch on the Destructoid BL2 stream, and when asked about the Bee he said that they are looking into the best way to change it so that it isn't so broken but retains the point of the original design. So, basically they are definitely going to nerf it; my guess is that the amp damage is applied once per usage of ammo rather than once per projectile contact.

I'm really curious how many of the Terra kills are done with The Bee equipped.

Anything else of note on the stream?

The slot machines scale up to match the progress of your story quest. So if you want them to dish higher level loot you need to advance the story.

Makes sense, thanks :)

I'm still curious about the Level Tiers, though... I saw a post about them in another forum. I think Moxxi's Tip Jar scales according to your Level Tier.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Gearbox are total jerks to claptrap..
:lol

I state that because I did Claptraps
B-Day side mission. He invited a few guests including my vault hunter) and they all declined however my vault hunter stood there and ate pizza. As time winded down, Claptrap is all depressed and shit cuz nobody else came. I felt bad for the little guy. No one likes him even his own creators (Gearbox). lol. Hopefully there's a mission later in the game that'll get people fro Sanctuary to like him...a bit. :D

BigDug13

Yeah I just found out about the Rabid....those damn things. I have an "ok" explosive rifle that shoots REALLY fast and I still do almost zero damage. My turret that shoot missiles do a bit of damage but still...damn! For mobs only 1 level over me they are really something.

I'll go try the arena, didn't think about that.

The thing is I need better guns. I have a couple of golden keys but obviously I can't open the chest right now. I wonder if it would work if I go back to playthrough 1 to open it. After all it's supposed to scale to your level and shouldn't have any effect on which playthrough you are in.

There are options.
Fink's has a weapon vendor that has level 40ish items. Also, you might be able to get to the Highlands through The Dust and that Irish pub has a slot machine where you could get some decent greens and maybe blues.

I was thinking about jumping straight up in the air, looking straight down at those stalkers and unloading a torgue shotgun next time, but I have yet to try it. They seem to be nipping at your feet when they attack.

Log4Girlz

Gearbox are total jerks to claptrap..
:lol

I state that because I did Claptraps
B-Day side mission. He invited a few guests including my vault hunter) and they all declined however my vault hunter stood there and ate pizza. As time winded down, Claptrap is all depressed and shit cuz nobody else came. I felt bad for the little guy. No one likes him even his own creators (Gearbox). lol. Hopefully there's a mission later in the game that'll get people fro Sanctuary to like him...a bit. :D

I overhead some girl in Moxxi's bar saying nice things about him lol.

Doorman

I don't see nearly enough love in this thread for the best character in the game: Steve. It seriously brightens my day any time I encounter that guy.

Heyo~!

I know I asked this before but don't think I ever got a response: Has anybody else encountered the mystery-blood near the front entrance to Sanctuary? It still happens on my file the first time I walk through that area whenever I play and I still can't make any sense of it.

Aurongel

Ughn, playthrough 2 is really killing my enjoyment of the game as a whole. Got killed for the sixth time by the gluttonous thresher at the Hyperion Dam. His melee strike is able to hit you through ANY solid object and his ranged attacks does 10k damage to me :(

Not enjoying myself as much as I thought I would, playing solo sucks.

Megasoum

Banned
Ughn, playthrough 2 is really killing my enjoyment of the game as a whole. Got killed for the sixth time by the gluttonous thresher at the Hyperion Dam. His melee strike is able to hit you through ANY solid object and his ranged attacks does 10k damage to me :(

Yup, I have the exact same feeling. It really sucks cause I don't really want to abandon it and I'd love to get to 50 before the DLC comes out but I really hit a wall in the last couple of days and it's just not fun anymore.

Aurongel

I took someone's recommendation and respec-ed my Axton down the tree that offers the longbow turret (double turret health). Now my turret isn't getting one-shotted by badass enemies like it used to. It almost seems like the second playthrough is forcing me to spec in only one direction otherwise I'm left with a useless special ability.

I'm not sure if this is apparent in the other classes. Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

char0n

Well, I think investing in backpack and safe SDUs early isn't a bad idea, but it's definitely worth it to spread the Eridian around among your most used weapons as well for just the reasons' you stated.

Yeah I don't regret the backpack ones but I'm already up to the purple on bank and I probably more often end up storing guns/items there that I usually just end up selling later rather than things I'll actually keep/use later. If I spent that on sniper ammo or smgs I might not so often find myself resorting to pistols (which I like a LOT less than BL1 where I used revolvers a lot but ignored auto-pistols) just because I'm saving rockets/ARs for heavy enemies and I'm at too much of a distance for shotguns.

Can someone tell me exactly what gun this is?

abEdq.png

I know its a Vladov, with a big banana clip, but what version of it has this scope and green highlights?

Wallach

Can someone tell me exactly what gun this is?

abEdq.png

I know its a Vladov, with a big banana clip, but what version of it has this scope and green highlights?

The way guns in BL2 work is that they have a giant pool of different parts, and when the item is rolled it picks from what parts are available in their pool (based on the quality, level and item type). What you're looking at just seems to be a Vladof AR with corrosive damage (which is why it has green highlights) and a powerful scope (which is random). Probably either a blue or purple quality. It isn't a legendary/unique weapon.

The way guns in BL2 work is that they have a giant pool of different parts, and when the item is rolled it picks from what parts are available in their pool (based on the quality, level and item type). What you're looking at just seems to be a Vladof AR with corrosive damage (which is why it has green highlights) and a powerful scope (which is random). Probably either a blue or purple quality. It isn't a legendary/unique weapon.

Gotcha.

If anyone has this gun and wants to trade with me (Xbox 360), I have a Legendary assault rifle that does like 50K

eek5

That shit was hard as hell. I was severely underleveled because I wanted to save sidequests during that part (I think hes level 40-44?).. I was level 38.

Anyway if you kite that son of a bitch back to the door he can't make it through so you can just take shots at him and he can't attack you back. Be warned though because
bloodwing
is pretty much impossible after that if you can't kill the thresher easily so..... you're kind of boned regardless of whether or not you can cheese past the thresher lol

I'm on Where Angels Fear to Tread -- will I be forced to play until the end of the story from this point?

There are multiple area transitions in the last couple of missions so you don't have to have long extended gameplay sessions for the most part. The only mission that is really bad is wildlife which has no hard checkpoints along the way but you're already past that.

AIRic

I don't see nearly enough love in this thread for the best character in the game: Steve. It seriously brightens my day any time I encounter that guy.

Heyo~!

I know I asked this before but don't think I ever got a response: Has anybody else encountered the mystery-blood near the front entrance to Sanctuary? It still happens on my file the first time I walk through that area whenever I play and I still can't make any sense of it.

I did once. The blood was spurting from the floor near where a city guard was walking. Every single time I went there the floor looked normal then it began to spurt blood a few times. It's just weird :D

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Now it gets stuck on saving forever. I had a random BSOD earlier while playing the game so I'm trying to figure out if that was the culprit and how to fix it.

Re the 55 error. I got rid my instance of it by deactivating my participating in any betas. Then I exited Steam and reentered it and was able to start up Borderlands 2 with no issues.

Level 17 here. Just got amazing loot from the slots. I got all three borderlands symbols. My first orange weapon!!!

7t7i9.jpg

Also hopefully someone will finally tell me if gearbox has acknowledged the broken controls in legacy? Does ANYONE know about this? I have emailed them, and brought it up here. Never see anyone say anything about it. If you play on legacy your character will strafe left during gameplay when you stop moving. It's broken.

MrDaravon

Also hopefully someone will finally tell me if gearbox has acknowledged the broken controls in legacy? Does ANYONE know about this? I have emailed them, and brought it up here. Never see anyone say anything about it. If you play on legacy your character will strafe left during gameplay when you stop moving. It's broken.

Looks like you're on 360, are you sure it's not just stick drift on your controller? I've gone through like 5 360 controllers since launch, all due to stick drift (I actually just replaced another one). I just switched back and forth between legacy twice and I'm not getting it.

Double D

Speaking of which I just finished this part so is this basically the end? I feel the End Game is pretty close.

I thought it was the end but I've done a pretty lengthy quest after that and then embarked on another following that when I started playing tonight. I was getting my ass handed to me (It's a Lvl 28 quest and I was 26 at the time) so I did a bunch of sidequests that haven't done jack shit for my XP. I'm like a little midway through lvl 27 so I don't know if I should just go for it or keep grinding a bit.

edit: also I was just pissing money away getting killed and respawning, so I decided to finally tip Moxxi. I've tipped her at least $18k (started running out of funds) but nothing has happened so far. I thought I was supposed to get something after $10k. I tried talking to her but she just asks about a quest I'm supposed to be doing for her.

Looks like you're on 360, are you sure it's not just stick drift on your controller? I've gone through like 5 360 controllers since launch, all due to stick drift (I actually just replaced another one). I just switched back and forth between legacy twice and I'm not getting it.

It's not 100% of the time. I tried all 4 controllers of mine. As well as two of my friends consoles. Every single controller and console had the issue. Yes this is 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom