• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Hopefully the writing really is as good as IGN claims because they basically confirmed gameplay wise the quests are mostly the same generic kill this or collect that.

Also physx is "very resource heavy". Guess I'll be leaving that off.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I recall really hating that one boss where you were in an arena with a car, as long as nothing in 2 is like that I should be okay.

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
I mainly play coop games on consoles because that's where i have the most friends to do so, but i got this on pc. Anyone down to play my steam ID is L0CKdownN. I like long walks in the park and all that bullshit.

Raxus

Just going to share my builds:
Suvivorman Axton
Force of Nature Maya
You can't kill what you can't see Zer0
Tankzerker Salvador
I recall really hating that one boss where you were in an arena with a car, as long as nothing in 2 is like that I should be okay.

Errrrr....bad news buddy. Based on the IGN review vehicle missions are back.

The flip side is there is more than one vehicle from the start.
I don't really agree with IGN's comment on sharing loot. In a game like Borderlands, I'd prefer to see all the loot that my co-op partners and I got.

It is fine with friends but it doesn't always work out so well in public games.

jgminto

I don't really agree with IGN's comment on sharing loot. In a game like Borderlands, I'd prefer to see all the loot that my co-op partners and I got.

berva

Neo Member
Pretty terrible review by Anthony @ IGN. His wording does not sound like a 9.0, he really needs to work on his speech, always sounds tired. I'll hold of for the Giantbomb's review as Jeff is a Borderlands Vet

Papercuts

Errrrr....bad news buddy. Based on the IGN review vehicle missions are back.

The flip side is there is more than one vehicle from the start.

It is fine with friends but it doesn't always work out so well in public games.

Vehicle missions are okay, I just hated that one vehicle boss.

Raxus

Vehicle missions are okay, I just hated that one vehicle boss.

You and me both buddy. Instadeath bosses are never fun. Cap that off with taking away the guns in a game that is all about guns only makes it worse. At least it was short but still. Ick.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
He says the vehicle missions "are a nice change of pace" and then lists vehicle missions as a negative. Oh IGN.

Disclaimer: I work for IGN.

That aside though, you truly don't understand how those two opinions can coexist? The vehicles can serve as a welcome break from the on-foot FPS action and still not be as polished or as fun as the core shooting. Or feature more bugs, etc.

Gotchaye

Easy fix for free for all loot, play with friends or find a static group of randoms to play with.

That's not that easy, though. When people have jobs and kids it gets really hard to get four people together to play as often as they all might individually want to. And some people aren't huge on forming relationships with random people for long-term co-op. It's outside of my comfort zone, but I'm hyped enough that I'm fixing to post a LFG thread on the Steam page. If it worked like Diablo 3 I'd probably just be joining random games on the fly.

jgminto

My problem with the vehicles was that it was always so much easier to just get out and fight on-foot. A few blasts with my shotgun would dispatch any vehicle.

The M.O.B

Over 100 people working on this game and none of them thought FFA loot was an awful idea?

Amazing

I will be playing with people I know but it will be annoying to have to ask everyone every time "Anybody want this?" "How about this".

EDIT: It has a trading system so some of this will be less painful.

I'm so excited for this game and that very good review was so horribly written I couldn't get past two paragraphs. How a 9.0 review makes a game I can't wait for seem boring is beyond me.

Papercuts

Over 100 people working on this game and none of them thought FFA loot was an awful idea?

Amazing

I will be playing with people I know but it will be annoying to have to ask everyone every time "Anybody want this?" "How about this" "Let me drop that for you"

I'm pretty sure I heard from a video that they have an ingame way to trade so you don't have to throw stuff on the ground like that.

jgminto

Amazing

I will be playing with people I know but it will be annoying to have to ask everyone every time "Anybody want this?" "How about this" "Let me drop that for you"

The game has a trade interface.

demolitio

Amazing

I think they said it was part of the dynamic in the first game. I only play with people I know for that reason as well. Such a pain in the ass, but unique too.

Gotchaye

Amazing

The first, sure, but with instanced loot you also have to ask those questions. If I'm playing Diablo 3 with friends and I find some decent item that I don't want to equip, I still offer it around.

Raxus

Amazing

On the flip side when you separate from friends you don't have to track them down to point them where the chest is.

Still probably the biggest 'flaw' in the game at the moment.

Trade has already been mentioned but you can also duel for loot too.

Raxus

I am still confused at the underdeveloped customization complaint. Seems like you have dozens of looks to choose from while keeping the character's 'look' intact.

Gotchaye

The video review was maybe done by a different guy or something; it has only one negative listed at the end, and it's about vehicles.

I am still confused at the underdeveloped customization complaint. Seems like you have dozens of looks to choose from while keeping the character's 'look' intact.

I got the feeling the reviewer was looking for changes to the character model rather than just the skin. Like short/tall, fat/thin, or maybe even male/female. Like a Mass Effect character, maybe. Though I tend to think that the limited selection lets them set up skills and dialogue that fit better with the character's personality.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Relying on the honour system is never a good idea TBH. Diablo 3 loot style is still the best option without any of the downsides. Put in an option to show off your loot to your co-op buddies if you must, there's already a screenshot feature on PC.

Customization as a complaint is weird though. It's pretty much sufficient and fits into the games structure well it seems.

Raxus

A little bit late but:
Dawn_of_the_First_Day_by_Forest_Sage_bigger.png

Please ignore my other mistakes >.< I am tired. So tired.

Derrick01

Banned
Oh hey, I got my key from GMG too. Sweet =)

And I pre-ordered a few days ago.

Ugh they always fucking do that for some reason while the people who preordered a long time ago get shafted. Last time this happened to me was sleeping dogs and I got also got my key among the last group. It didn't even come until midway through the day it released too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom