• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I actually prefer shared loot. Since the people I group with are always need before greed it is just easier for everybody to see the same loot as it drops/as a chest is opened.

In diablo3 we wasted a ton of time shift-clicking items back and forth in chat to see if somebody needed/wanted anything that looked even remotely worthwhile.

A perfect game would make either method an option, I suppose.

XeroSauce

When I played with my good friend it was a lot of "Dude do you want this? This gun is amazing" or "Do you have any good shotguns?"

I dont predict anything less from BL2. I wouldnt want to play with randoms anyways.

I think IGN got online exclusive :O

I think the rest of all the embargo's are on Tuesday.

Game Informer's review is already out (October 2012 issue). They gave it a 9.75/10. Here's what was said:

While the new classes and focused narrative are the marquee bullet points when it comes to this sequel's improvements, that's barely scratching the surface of the multitude of smaller upgrades. Inventory management and the user interface are much better, allow for simple buying, selling, and comparing of items.

All of the improvements would make for a standout title even if it were constricted to single-player. Considering Gearbox has continued to put this franchise in a league of its own when it comes to co-op, it elevates the game to something more. With its unmatched co-op gameplay, intense shootouts, addictive loot-collecting, expansive skill customization, hilarious dialogue, and insane level of replayability, Borderlands 2 is one of the most rewarding experiences of this console generation.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Never played the first but I am intrigued by all the hype. Is this basically like a Fps with diablo typo looting gameplay?

Yes. Just watch gameplay from the first one. It should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect with the second.

You can watch footage from 2 also, but that might spoil things so up to you man.

I would have preferred more loot options, but if you play through with the same person or people it shouldn't be to big of an issue if you can work out a system that everyone agrees with. In BL1 I had first dibs on combat rifles and the person i played with had first dibs on SMGs, everything else was up for grabs, and we never had any problems.

It's funny because there was a huge thing with Diablo 3, that the instanced loot was a step down from the free for all of Diablo 2. A lot of people said the cooperation and risk and reward of getting loot with others was part of the "thrill" I personally think the D3 instanced loot is a great idea, but a game like Borderlands 2 doesn't quite live or die by loot that D3 does. I was going to always play with friends regardless of the loot system. Both sides have a pro and con. Either way, this game is going to be incredible.

When they say FXAA support for PC does that mean there will actually be an in-game option for it, or does it just mean it will work when FXAA is enabled through the nVidia control panel?

Also what are the chances of there being an option to disable the outlines without having to edit .ini files?

Play this game on PC if you can. Just looking at all the preview videos that run on X360, it looks so muted and dull compared to even Borderlands 1 on PC. The cell shaded look benefits tremendously from a higher resolution. I loved BL1 no matter what even playing it through the first time on PS3, but now having played through it again on PC in 1080p 60fps, I can't see going back to console level graphics. I know this is nothing profound, but I just want to through another +1 out there for all the press and people saying that you should play this on PC if possible.

Play this game on PC if you can. Just looking at all the preview videos that run on X360, it looks so muted and dull compared to even Borderlands 1 on PC. The cell shaded look benefits tremendously from a higher resolution. I loved BL1 no matter what even playing it through the first time on PS3, but now having played through it again on PC in 1080p 60fps, I can't see going back to console level graphics. I know this is nothing profound, but I just want to through another +1 out there for all the press and people saying that you should play this on PC if possible.

totally would but the majority of my friends play on the xbox 360, that and gameplay is what matters to me but yeah it's going to be visually gorgeous on the pc as always just every other game.

berva

Neo Member
"Thank you for prepurchasing Borderlands 2 from Green Man Gaming.

You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 14 Sep 2012 at 00:01 UTC."

Bring it!

Alex

Borderlands was rough on the PS3 in general, I hope for the sake of those who want the sequel that it runs better this time. I wound up returning mine due to the framerate and load times.

They did at least clean up the loading issues with a patch, right? I recall hearing they did. I have no idea how it was on 360 but they were like 40-50 seconds at times on PS3, compared to PC where they were like... 4-5.

aegies

The general review embargo for Borderlands 2 is 9PM Pacific Time Monday night.

The PC version is pretty customizable within the game itself. No more .ini tweaking:

UyCQC.jpg

pxMMd.jpg

The general review embargo for Borderlands 2 is 9PM Pacific Time Monday night.

The PC version is pretty customizable within the game itself. No more .ini tweaking:

Lots of options - me likey. 120fps cap? Crazy, I'll cap mine at 60 - I honestly can't tell a difference above 60fps. I wonder if the 7950 can max out all of the options...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom