• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy-4U

The general review embargo for Borderlands 2 is 9PM Pacific Time Monday night.

The PC version is pretty customizable within the game itself. No more .ini tweaking:

UyCQC.jpg

pxMMd.jpg
Amazing! I don't think it needs anything else but I'll probably disable FXAA and use OGSSAA for better antialiasing. Super hyped!

JChalmers

Neo Member
Just cancelled pre-order of boxed copy from Amazon and bought GMG code got it straight away via email :D

Fingers crossed pre-load is this weekend.

Anyone know a link on how to VPN unlock for us Brits for Tuesday?

Not got the code for Season Pass yet though.

Borderlands 2 and Season Pass for £37.50, cheaper than the 360 or PS3 version on it's own lol. I'll still be purchasing the 360 version at a later time mind!

ZanDatsu

Just cancelled pre-order of boxed copy from Amazon and bought GMG code got it straight away via email :D

Fingers crossed pre-load is this weekend.

Anyone know a link on how to VPN unlock for us Brits for Tuesday?

Not got the code for Season Pass yet though.

Borderlands 2 and Season Pass for £37.50, cheaper than the 360 or PS3 version on it's own lol. I'll still be purchasing the 360 version at a later time mind!

I used Hotspot Shield (Free) for both Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs. It worked perfectly both times. Close Steam > turn on shield > launch Steam > Unlock. Then you can disable it without any issues.

PS3 Gameplay for those looking for it.
Borderlands 2 - 14 min GAMEPLAY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pit3M96_FRw

edit: ROLAND! My boy, i never saw his BL2 model till now..i'll miss his quips, "Elite my @$&!"

I absolutely loved the first one on the PS3 and it had almost no issues. I am glad this one is the same with improved graphics. Take a look at these guys, Bethesda. That is how you create a great game on the PS3 and not like Skyrim.

JChalmers

Neo Member
I used Hotspot Shield (Free) for both Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs. It worked perfectly both times. Close Steam > turn on shield > launch Steam > Unlock. Then you can disable it without any issues.

Cheers, once it's unlocked I don't have to keep the VPN running while I'm playing it in the run up to the UK launch do I?

ZanDatsu

Cheers, once it's unlocked I don't have to keep the VPN running while I'm playing it in the run up to the UK launch do I?

I didn't have to. However I did have issues with unlocking achievements. It only happened with Sleeping Dogs though, not Darksiders. They would only start unlocking after UK launch time, and after I restarted Steam. It might not even happen with this game, but just a heads up.

Gav47

Once you have unlocked the game and launched it for the first time you'll want to exit the game and then exit Steam and then turn off the VPN. The game will stay unlock until launch day provided it doesn't get get an update and that you don't activate any DLC associated with the game, if it does happen the game will relock and start downloading the preload files again.

Speaking of which, anyone word on when the preload will go up?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My wallet's telling me no, but my body... my body's telling me yes. Is it good guys, those of you who've played it?
Played it 3 times in 3 places with 3 different builds. PC, 360, and PS3.

It's not bad :p. Skill diversity is much nicer. Gun diversity is a big big draw for me and it's amazingly better than BL1.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, so can everyone unlock their keys on steam from GMG? Steam says that the pre-order isn't released yet and I can't redeem it.

Update from the GMG site:

Distribution of keys began at 0200 UTC September 14th. Please do not be concerned if you do not receive your key immediately, it may be several hours or so before you receive your email. As this game is going to be awesome we've had many thousands of orders, and it will take some time for the system to work through them all.

Regards,
Green Man Gaming
Customer Service

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sweet, email from GMG waiting for me this morning with my steam key. Ready to rock.

JChalmers

Neo Member
Watched that D-Toid interview, talking about DLC characters, just realized they will probably release the Original Fab Four as DLC.

:0

Not sure how that would work with alot of main story (that we've seen) includes the original four giving out quests. Dont think it would work being Mordecai and going to see Mordecai about a stolen Bloodwing despite having it as an action skill :p

Bazza

Looks like im going to be playing this on release now, seems I pre-purchased it on Steam when I got home from pub last night.

Megasoum

Banned
Jsut got the mail from GMG with my key! Woohoo!

I guess the season pass key will be sent after the game is released? Not that I'm in a hurry obviously since it won't be used for a couple of months anyway.

Ken

How do season passes work; do I have to buy it now or can I buy it way later when they actually announce what's in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom