• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

It wouldn't be so bad if it reset back to full FFYL length after you stay alive for a certain amount of time. I can understand penalizing you for going into FFYL like 5 times in a row on consecutive enemies but in larger areas you get boned as the second winds add up.

Hands down, the laaaaaaaaaaaaamest thing I've come across in the game is the out-of-bounds insta-death. Sap my shields, sap my health, flash penises onto the screen - I don't care; just don't kill me in a microsecond without any warning, doucher!

Wallach

If any of you guys on PC are around level 35-40 and want any of the following, let me know. Trying to clear up some space and I'd rather someone put these to use than to just vendor them.

ibdr8QN16gSTEe.jpg

ibnzK5uP3DItCi.jpg

ibjmfeK68GogcF.jpg

ibvSSU7YIGbrMm.jpg

Hands down, the laaaaaaaaaaaaamest thing I've come across in the game is the out-of-bounds insta-death. Sap my shields, sap my health, flash penises onto the screen - I don't care; just don't kill me in a microsecond without any warning, doucher!

Ha ha that only got me once, and it was when I got (gun spoiler)
Bane, the gun that slows your walk speed to jack shit
and I had no idea what the fuck was going on, I ended screaming at my TV "I DIDNT EVEN MEAN TO BE HERE WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK". It was kind of funny, I laughed out loud when I realized what was happening, not to mention the gun doing its
brap brap bwawawawawa

Half the game still. I was hoping to like that area of the game, but it turned out to be my least favorite.

Same, I was kind of excited when I loaded up the area, but by the time I was finished what I had to do there I bailed right the fuck out.

His is I think is from a vending machine. The enemy who normally drops it is Smash Head in The Fridge

Ah, coolio. Yeah, I know him.

Question: say I go and revisit Smash Head in my completed normal game, farm him and get Sledge's shotty. Can I re-obtain it - albeit, a better iteration - in TVHM, or no?

Paertan

I have terrible luck with legendary weapons. How long does it usually take you guys to farm these things?

You and me both. Though I haven´t really started farming yet. And it is more than a little likely some of other randoms I have played with joinked it. I had som terrible weapons for a few levels but since I play as a healing specced Siren I still am pretty useful in a team.

I have terrible luck with legendary weapons. How long does it usually take you guys to farm these things?

I found out about The Bee tonight. I read about the "boss" that drops it. I did it once as a mission. He didnt drop it. I then intended to farm him until he did, but he dropped it the very next time I killed him. I then took The Bee and soloed Terramorphous with it and got a couple more yellows. It's too bad that I have to cheese the game in order to get around the lame co-op loot system, but I do what I gotta do.

Aurongel

omg yes. This is so fucking annoying. I thought for a while it was a bug at first, because the game doesn't ever explain this will happen when downed too much and wasn't in the 1st game. Just let us second wind as much as we want.

The decreasing length of the second wind was DEFINITELY in the first game. I remember finding out about it during the Knoxx DLC, stupid Crawmeraxx.

I do wish however that there was a little time display (seconds) next to the draining second wind bar. It's hard to tell how much class mods affect the duration thanks to the vagueness of the bar.

Half the game...? I'd say he's more like 80% done.

Ah okay I thought NG+ Sledge started at a bit lower of a level then that.

I seem to have sold my Law revolver does anybody have a level 50 they are willing to part with or dupe? I've got a ton Volcanoes, Flakkers, and a couple of Conference Calls I can trade if need be. I'm on PC. Here's my Steam ID

I found out about The Bee tonight. I read about the "boss" that drops it. I did it once as a mission. He didnt drop it. I then intended to farm him until he did, but he dropped it the very next time I killed him. I then took The Bee and soloed Terramorphous with it and got a couple more yellows. It's too bad that I have to cheese the game in order to get around the lame co-op loot system, but I do what I gotta do.

I got the bee in Playthrough 1 near the end; it's actually the only legendary I've successfully farmed. It's only level 30 something but it makes some tedious sections go so much faster. I hope they don't nerf it too much. :(

If any of you guys on PC are around level 35-40 and want any of the following, let me know. Trying to clear up some space and I'd rather someone put these to use than to just vendor them.

ibdr8QN16gSTEe.jpg

ibnzK5uP3DItCi.jpg

ibjmfeK68GogcF.jpg

ibvSSU7YIGbrMm.jpg

Hey! May I please have them? Steam: earvcunanan

Thanks!

Btw, I'm collecting Legendaries, so if anyone wants to donate some to me that you don't need - that'd be nice of you. :D

Gorillaz

Finally Finished it.

It was a fun ride, liked it alot more then I ever did BL1, especially with the change of pace. Tho I will agree some of the mechanics especially loot feels dated. FFYL does feel kind of cheap with the enemies literally backing up as soon as they see you down...or another enemy stands in front of a weaker one and becomes a bullet sponge. Seriously?

Storywise it was also completely better then the first. Like I said humor kind of went a little overboard at times....and the Dialogue gets a little cringe worthy (too self aware tbh). I still love it tho. Hopefully DLC is out where we can play as the old cast. I would honestly love something like that.

All and all Favorite game of the year,

Do we know if there is any possibility that there will be DLC that adds new guns? It would be interesting to see what else they could come up with.

I am pretty sure there's a reference to the film 'Seven' in the game. Found a gun called Gwen's Head and Jack shouts something like "What's in the box?" I think. Odd.

Do we know if there is any possibility that there will be DLC that adds new guns? It would be interesting to see what else they could come up with.

There was a resume floating around from an employee for a Torgue related DLC. Its unclear it that was just the corporation the DLC dealt with or more involved implementation of Torgue gear. In an interview it sounded like they were considering adding more then just story based content with the DLC so who knows.

Hit level 50 and beat Terramorphous with a friend. Now it's time to find a list of monsters/items to farm, do a sweep of the few remaining missions I have left in TVHM and bad ass challenges.

Neverfade

Hopefully some DLC will bring back more ammo regenerating guns ala BL1. There were some points in the game I could have really used those.

Paertan

Hey, so does anyone (on Steam) play with a capped framerate or is it better to leave it off? I just capped it 60fps but was curious.

I left mine off, but that is mostly cause I run my monitor at 75Hz and there is no option for 75Hz, only for 72Hz.
Never get that high up anyway. It is mostly in the 45-55 fps range. But could propably reach higher by lowering a few settings.

Bumpskies?

Question: say I go and revisit Smash Head (or anyone, for that matter) in my completed normal game, farm him and get Sledge's shotty. Can I re-obtain it - albeit, a better iteration - in TVHM, or no?

Welp, had a good run tonight.

2012100500002.jpg
2012100500003.jpg

2012100500004.jpg
2012100500005.jpg

2012100500006.jpg
2012100500007.jpg

Can't seem to get Terra to drop anything but class mods. bleh. If anyone on PC wants that Logan's, I'm looking for legendary shields and grenades that I don't have already. Also looking for Shreddifier.

Lakitu

st5fu
So I got a sniper rifle after doing some Hyperion Contract and it keeps on talking to me. Keeps on making me feel like shit about every person I kill. It's actually a pretty decent sniper rifle aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom