• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her dad sounds like a 50s, nuclear family trope

Besides (late game spoiler)
Why would Jack be so adamant that Angel is his daughter despite that not being the case at all if he actually had a daughter? Yeah, she's a Siren and he can use her, still sounds pretty unlikely to me

I hear people talking about farming in this game. I'm new to BL. How do you do this? I'm on main quest. How are people farming bosses and such?

- Lots of codes coming up this weekend:
GearboxSoftware said:
Keep an eye out, as we'll soon be handing out SHiFT codes that can be redeemed for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2.

Specifically, we'll be posting codes on 10/5 at 6PM and 11PM CT and on 10/6 at 5AM, 11AM and 3PM CT.

Each code will be able to be used once per account, and will be active for three hours apiece.

To learn more about SHiFT codes and how to redeem them, visit http://t.co/G6ETqNJA

Good. I drunk used 3 of my 5 keys last night when I dinged 30 because I thought I deserved something nice.

I didn't really get anything nice though.

You just hit on why I've stopped following Twitter closely in hopes of getting a code. The box is full of stuff that's good, but not great.

AkuMifune

Banned
You just hit on why I've stopped following Twitter closely in hopes of getting a code. The box is full of stuff that's good, but not great.

I'm still using weapons that are 5 levels below me on average, and one legendary that's lvl 17 still. I assumed just getting any purple at 30 would be way better, but not so.

I don't know how it is at lvl. 50, but I assume the better stuff will always be found out in the gameworld regardless.

But just like the slot machine, I can't help myself.

Dire

Couldn't find those polls on the Gearbox forums and none of the threads about this that I skimmed gave me the impression that the majority love the loot system as it is. As for the argument that it's only a "vocal minority" that wants instanced loot/dislikes the current system, I don't think you have any actual proof.

Did you even look?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:forums.gearboxsoftware.com+instanced+loot+poll

First link is somebody praising gearbox's decision to maintain shared loot, the next two links are both polls where D3 loot fans get swept and still continue complaining even when it's clear they are just a vocal minority expounding an unwanted idea.

zlatko

Banned
So I went to the extras tab, did the shift stuff, and just today at work did the confirmation email.

Is the key code in the inventory of my characters I have made or ?

Woo-Fu

Banned
...when it's clear they are just a vocal minority expounding an unwanted idea.

I think people using "vocal minority" need to stop using that crutch. The nature of any mass market product is that whatever is complained about will be by a minority because most people don't waste their time complaining on forums.

They're always going to be a minority and if they weren't vocal then you wouldn't even know they were there so calling them a "vocal minority" as if it is meaningful in this case is kind of ignorant.

The founding fathers of America were a vocal minority. ;)

I have a glitch on a side quest where it won't advance to the next objectives even though the current objectives are ticked. It messed up after it saved during the quest and now I reloaded the game it's stuck at the same point. Which is annoying, especially as it's part of the clan war sidequests so I can't further this one now ;/

Cat Party

I'm stuck on the Lost Treasure. I've searched all over the infuriating Caustic Caverns and found nothing.

You have to hit 4 switches to get access to the treasure.
First one is to the right when you exit the spawn location, on one of the pillars out in the sea of acid. Second one is in the big warehouse you get into after you first fight the threshers. The switch is to the right side of the warehouse from where you enter. The third is on a digger that is in the shadows. After leaving the warehouse for switch two, you have to run ahead a ways and then go left until you get toward the edge of the map. Then you run ahead through the spiderant area, all the way until you find the door on the left (you've been here before if you did the earlier caustic cavern quests). The switch is over in the bloody area. That will trigger access to a big lift platform, which will be indicated on your map.

njean777

Anybody want to help me with the Ore chasm circle of slaughter? pref a level 32-34 character cuz that is my level. Njean777 on steam btw

Lakitu

st5fu
You have to hit 4 switches to get access to the treasure.
First one is to the right when you exit the spawn location, on one of the pillars out in the sea of acid. Second one is in the big warehouse you get into after you first fight the threshers. The switch is to the right side of the warehouse from where you enter. The third is on a digger that is in the shadows. After leaving the warehouse for switch two, you have to run ahead a ways and then go left until you get toward the edge of the map. Then you run ahead through the spiderant area, all the way until you find the door on the left (you've been here before if you did the earlier caustic cavern quests). The switch is over in the bloody area. That will trigger access to a big lift platform, which will be indicated on your map.

Thanks man. I'll get to that right away. That treasure better be worth it.

I think people using "vocal minority" need to stop using that crutch. The nature of any mass market product is that whatever is complained about will be by a minority because most people don't waste their time complaining on forums.

They're always going to be a minority and if they weren't vocal then you wouldn't even know they were there so calling them a "vocal minority" as if it is meaningful in this case is kind of ignorant.

That and the fact that he's clueless about what the majority or minority like actually is. He's using Gearbox forums as a gauge, which itself is the vast minority of people that bought the game. And he compounds that inanity by insisting that giving users the choice of having dice-rolling is a bad thing. Yes, folks, choice is now bad.

Unkempt Harold is my new favorite pistol =)

Purging Infinity is another legendary pistol I picked up.

I have the fire version of Purging. It demolishes Terramorphous when combined with The Bee. Basically any gun that has a high rate of fire and never needs to be reloaded combined with The Bee will kill anything in the game.

Looks like a Bee nerf is incoming. In this video Anthony Burch says Gearbox is looking for a way to tweak things at 1:24:10. I guess get your farming in now before it becomes kind of difficult.

TRios Zen

Looks like a Bee nerf is incoming. In this video Anthony Burch says Gearbox is looking for a way to tweak things at 1:24:10. I guess get your farming in now before it becomes kind of difficult.

That stinks. I have so little time to play that I'll not make level 50 anytime soon. Screwed by life again! HAHA

Not true. I got a shotgun from a key that I used for like 10+ levels, it was absolutely beastly. It had a scope on it, and was crazy accurate, I could basically snipe with it, I used it almost exclusively. I should've kept it in my bank in case I ever decide to make a new character.

Sure they're not legendaries, but there are some really really good purples.

Dire

Most people don't waste their time complaining on forums? I don't even know what to say especially coming from somebody whose trying expound an idea that came from Diablo 3!

However, I do agree the tyranny of the majority is obviously a major concern in any democratic system. However games are not democratically designed, rather fortunately I'd say! The final design decision is naturally left solely up to the designers. The reason I keep mentioning vocal minority is frankly because I was rather surprised to find most players involved in this discussion do not want D3 style loot. In my prejudice I assumed most players would see easier = better without considering the big picture. That even most other players also can see the problems with D3 style loot is something that I think really helps hammer the point home.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Hope they do something about duping, people being able to spawn multiple vermis, getting a legendary every time using slots etc. If not at the least would be nice if they could mark items/players like in Torchlight 2 since from what I've read theres an obvious mark/description if you used the console to respec or create an item so hoping theres a way to do something similar for Borderlands 2. Atm trading is kind of pointless when everyone will just backup their stuff and nothing really has value besides I suppose getting variations of guns.

Aggrotek

Hope they do something about duping, people being able to spawn multiple vermis, getting a legendary every time using slots etc. If not at the least would be nice if they could mark items/players like in Torchlight 2 since from what I've read theres an obvious mark/description if you used the console to respec or create an item so hoping theres a way to do something similar for Borderlands 2. Atm trading is kind of pointless when everyone will just backup their stuff and nothing really has value besides I suppose getting variations of guns.

Agree with everything except Vermi. Why not have more than one how is that an exploit?

Duping would be hard to control at least on PC since its simply copying a save file. The rest of the stuff I guess could be checked by simply pinging a server everytime you go online and if the games memory is being manipulated then mark that person.

Is that Torchlight thing true you get branded for respecing? Is there a separate branding for respecing then there is for other stuff?

Agree with everything except Vermi. Why not have more than one how is that an exploit?
I think people are manipulating the games memory values with a trainer to force Vermi to spawn, which I guess goes against the spirit of him to begin with. I just wish there was some kind of concrete information about him. I don't have any issues with rare spawns as long as I know what the timing is on that spawn.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Well its more of a hack I think but someone made it so you could spawn a screen full of Vermi. Kinda defeats the purpose of him being a rare/lucky spawn with right now the rarest loot in the game.

Duping would be hard to control at least on PC since its simply copying a save file. The rest of the stuff I guess could be checked by simply pinging a server everytime you go online and if the games memory is being manipulated then mark that person.

Is that Torchlight thing true you get branded for respecing? Is there a separate branding for respecing then there is for other stuff?

I think people are manipulating the games memory values with a trainer to force Vermi to spawn, which I guess goes against the spirit of him to begin with. I just wish there was some kind of concrete information about him. I don't have any issues with rare spawns as long as I know what the timing is on that spawn.

Yeah from what I've read in the OT if you respec with the console your character gets a big fat ! that everyone can see. And the last patch added this.
*Console-created items now have an effect that displays that they were cheat-created

Xyber

I don't know what happened, if my game glitched or whatever. But completely random my guns started getting about 2x magazine size or even 3x magazine size AND the damage increased like crazy. My assault rifle that does 360x2 did over 10k damager PER shot, I killed all regular enemies with a short burst and killed badasses in like 5 seconds.

Then I tried it with a rocket launcher. Normally it has 2 shots in the mag, but when I got the bonus I got 27(!?) shots and look at the damage.. And that wasn't even a critical hit.

C7B85C354540BA8CF52E7D4530BAB8B44D5596E1

I don't know what happened, if my game glitched or whatever. But completely random my guns started getting about 2x magazine size or even 3x magazine size AND the damage increased like crazy. My assault rifle that does 360x2 did over 10k damager PER shot, I killed all regular enemies with a short burst and killed badasses in like 5 seconds.

Then I tried it with a rocket launcher. Normally it has 2 shots in the mag, but when I got the bonus I got 27(!?) shots and look at the damage.. And that wasn't even a critical hit.

Do you have an evil smasher equipped? It has a random chance when you reload to increase mag size and damage. That being said I don't think the change is that dramatic.

Xyber

Do you have an evil smasher equipped? It has a random chance when you reload to increase mag size and damage. That being said I don't think the change is that dramatic.

Nope, not me or my friend had anything that could do something even remotely close to that change. He had a thing that gave double fire rate when he used his skill, but that's it. My dude exploded when I reloaded too. It must have been some strange glitch.

Just saw this in reference to more Golden Keys.

@GearboxSoftware
Specifically, we'll be posting codes on 10/5 at 6PM and 11PM CT and on 10/6 at 5AM, 11AM and 3PM CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom