• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
ibnzK5uP3DItCi.jpg

Wow if that Gub pistol is still available I could really use it. I'm only 2-3 bubbles away from 40 and I need a good corosive weapon.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Siren army.

How practical is the Banshee playstyle? I like moving fast and everything, its huge in this game actually - but I like having shields too. Also, Backdraft kinda sucks.

This is my current build. And I love it. Phaselock > Wreck + Reaper + Chain Reaction + Flicker + Foresight means that I'm dropping off a ridiculous amount of elemental rounds into my target (Torque rounds means that I'll cause two explosions on ricochet) and I can paint an entire mob in two or three colors at once if I tie it to my grenades right. Each Phaselock is an orbital bombardment. With cooldown reductions too? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

But I don't want to get stuck in just this one playstyle and miss out anything.

Log4Girlz

Im 50 on TVHM and haven't had the Hunter Hellquist quest yet, should I get to him anyway and farm the shield, or do I have to wait until I have that quest?

Im 50 on TVHM and haven't had the Hunter Hellquist quest yet, should I get to him anyway and farm the shield, or do I have to wait until I have that quest?

You cant get to him until you do the quest once. If you're level 50, there's no reason Mordechai wouldnt give it to you now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Could Tiny Tina be an even more annoy character than Claptrap? Maybe!

Kind of mixed on Zero. Still on my first playthrough, nearing level 20, and I'm finding a few encounters were needlessly tough simply because of my class. I'm going to assume Anton and the Gunzerker are the better solo classes.

Also, is the loot currency value completely bust? I've had two artefacts of exact same stats at different variables, and the better artefact was less expensive than the worse one.

ok, thank you. I looked all over The Fridge and nothing popped up, I must have missed it. It doesnt even show a "!" on my map for that side quest.

The Goliath Fridge quest will only become available once you've completed the Laney quest for Scooter. Usually the Goliath spawns down by the rats that are near the Crystaliks but I've had one spawn up top closer to the entrance to the fridge near the arena area.

DTKT

Kind of mixed on Zero. Still on my first playthrough, nearing level 20, and I'm finding a few encounters were needlessly tough simply because of my class. I'm going to assume Anton and the Gunzerker are the better solo classes.

Also, is the loot currency value completely bust? I've had two artefacts of exact same stats at different variables, and the better artefact was less expensive than the worse one.

Level and rarity(color) will impact the value more than the stats themselves.

Xyber

If any of you guys on PC are around level 35-40 and want any of the following, let me know. Trying to clear up some space and I'd rather someone put these to use than to just vendor them.

ibdr8QN16gSTEe.jpg

ibnzK5uP3DItCi.jpg

ibjmfeK68GogcF.jpg

ibvSSU7YIGbrMm.jpg

The hell man? I have found 1 orange so far (just finished the game) and that was a SMG I didn't even want. :(

I played co-op with my friend playing Zer0 and I think he is the most annoying character in the game.
"You just set off my trap card"
"How hilarious"
"Your eyes deceive you"

Also, does anyone know if the voice actor for the soldier the same one that does the voice for the guy in Orcs Must Die 1+2? They sound identical to me.
Hell, they both say cheesy, outdated one-liners. They could be the same character!

abundant

Siren army.

How practical is the Banshee playstyle? I like moving fast and everything, its huge in this game actually - but I like having shields too. Also, Backdraft kinda sucks.

This is my current build. And I love it. Phaselock > Wreck + Reaper + Chain Reaction + Flicker + Foresight means that I'm dropping off a ridiculous amount of elemental rounds into my target (Torque rounds means that I'll cause two explosions on ricochet) and I can paint an entire mob in two or three colors at once if I tie it to my grenades right. Each Phaselock is an orbital bombardment. With cooldown reductions too? shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

But I don't want to get stuck in just this one playstyle and miss out anything.

You should ditch Suspension and go for Ward. Shields and Shield Delay are far more important then 1.5 extra seconds in Phaselock. Otherwise, my build is the same. A corrosive rapid fire weapon + Wreck + Ruin destroy Badass and Super Badass Loaders in seconds.

What are some good caustic (preferably SMG) weapons I could farm? They are so good against robots.

Unfortunately there aren't any legendaries with a fixed caustic effect and I don't think I've ever seen any of the SMGs with a casutic effect. Your best bet would probably be a Veruc from Mobley in Dust or a Shredifier from Bonehead 2.0 in the Badlands.

I've been trying to get a new Conference Call, but I keep getting one with the scalable prefix. I'm so annoyed.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Unfortunately there aren't any legendaries with a fixed caustic effect and I don't think I've ever seen any of the SMGs with a casutic effect. Your best bet would probably be a Veruc from Mobley in Dust or a Shredifier from Bonehead 2.0 in the Badlands.

I've been trying to get a new Conference Call, but I keep getting one with the scalable prefix. I'm so annoyed.

Yeah so screw him. Bonehead 2.0 and Doc Mercy both refuse to drop their legendaries for me. Though I do have a lvl 8 version of the infinity.

equil

Emperor, babymaker and Bitch can all have Corrosive.

How many times can you tip Moxxi for her guns? Is it a one and done for each gun, or do you get a random one every 10-15k?

Should you wait until you're higher level to do it?

You can tip her at any level and get a new gun. Just save and quit and she resets just like bosses.

So if I quit and reset, and tip her another 10-15k, she'll give me another Bad Touch. Then after another 10-15k, the Good Touch? Then I can do it again at a later date as long as I've quite and re-loaded?

outsida

Re-rolled my level 50 Zero and wish I would have went for the death blossom skill sooner... I'm decimating areas with that skill alone.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So if I quit and reset, and tip her another 10-15k, she'll give me another Bad Touch. Then after another 10-15k, the Good Touch? Then I can do it again at a later date as long as I've quite and re-loaded?

Pretty much you can tip her as much as you want at any time and she resets anytime you save and quit then rejoin. So if you want an smg at 10 then want the level 11, 12, 13 etc version you can go ahead and do that.

Yeah, he's tough sometimes as a solo class. There are battles that are clearly meant for co-op or someone with more firepower, and Zer0's much better at hanging back at times and sneaking around for kills.

Psi

At level 50 on TVHM with the main quest line finished, Moxxi only gives me the fire gun after tipping her ~250k. I've never been able to get another corrosive gun out of her.

Xanathus

Been playing melee Zer0 using the Love Thumper shield, level 48 now. Thoughts: Melee Zer0 is as I thought pretty terrible (relatively) until you get Many Must Fall, but once you get that skill PLUS a NG+ Love Thumper you're one hitting everything except for bosses and stuff like Constructors. It's a pretty fun and challenging play-style but it's huge problem is that it only becomes awesome once you have BOTH the Many Must Fall and NG+ Love Thumper so the minimum level where it starts being ridiculously awesome is around level 40.

Did you even look?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:forums.gearboxsoftware.com+instanced+loot+poll

First link is somebody praising gearbox's decision to maintain shared loot, the next two links are both polls where D3 loot fans get swept and still continue complaining even when it's clear they are just a vocal minority expounding an unwanted idea.

I did but I didn't find the poll for some reason. My impression was that it was about the same as Gaf, although I was probably wrong. Still, I don't think a poll of 160 hardest core GB fans is representative either so I'm absolutely not convinced still. Could easily be a vocal minority of fans - who happen to be a majority on their forum.

HoosTrax

At level 50 on TVHM with the main quest line finished, Moxxi only gives me the fire gun after tipping her ~250k. I've never been able to get another corrosive gun out of her.
I ran into this as well with my first character -- kept getting fire gun after fire gun. On my second character, I waited until I was level 50 to use her tip jar, and the first gun she gave me was the Bad Touch (the corrosive one).

---

On another note, in retrospect, the fact that
Roland's only quest (which is available to you as soon as you enter Sanctuary) is posted on the bulletin board instead of being given out by Roland himself (like with the other three Vault Hunters) later
should have been a clue that something unfortunate was going to happen to him.

BigDug13

You should ditch Suspension and go for Ward. Shields and Shield Delay are far more important then 1.5 extra seconds in Phaselock. Otherwise, my build is the same. A corrosive rapid fire weapon + Wreck + Ruin destroy Badass and Super Badass Loaders in seconds.

3 points doesn't do a whole lot in ward. And he has really no way to regain life. I would put those suspension points into sweet release since his playstyle is to definitely kill what he phaselocks.

Log4Girlz

I ran into this as well with my first character -- kept getting fire gun after fire gun. On my second character, I waited until I was level 50 to use her tip jar, and the first gun she gave me was the Bad Touch (the corrosive one).

---

On another note, in retrospect, the fact that
Roland's only quest (which is available to you as soon as you enter Sanctuary) is posted on the bulletin board instead of being given out by Roland himself (like with the other three Vault Hunters) later
should have been a clue that something unfortunate was going to happen to him.

Wtf, she kept giving me good touches. Let me try again.

Beat TVHM a few days ago. Been farming ever since. This is what I currently have equipped:

And an E-Tech weapon I found earlier today:

I have The Bee equipped as well as a class mod for +85% SMG gun damage. I'll be going back to farm for a better Slagga but right now i'm satisfied with bosses going down very quickly.

Easily my GOTY.

whats the twitter account again?

They switched from Randy Pitchford's to Gearbox's official twitter https://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware

PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WBK3T-TSH6Z-633B3-BT3TT-Z6SR5 [Active 6PM-9PM CT on 10/5]

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: C3CBJ-CW5CR-3R6TR-5F33T-5RXZX [Active 6PM-9PM CT on 10/5]

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: C3CBJ-CW5HJ-6S3WJ-9B53T-5RX6C [Active 6PM-9PM CT on 10/5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom