• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
still at Terra

2012100500015.jpg

yep, gonna go play the Lotto now.

Balphon

From what I've read, it's like that for everyone, which makes the Harmony Tree useless. Minds Eye, Wreck, and Res are the only good skills from that tree. Scorn sounds good, but you're wasting too many points to get it and Ruin or a Slagged SMG basically does the same thing.

Harmony is way too overloaded with health skills, but it's not like everything one shots you with your shields down. Even in TVHM having full health will get you an extra hit or two. Not that much, but not nothing.

Of course, that only justifies investing in one health recovery skill rather than the four or five the Harmony tree is burdened with.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm sure this has been asked at some point, but are there any plans to include the ability to listen to older audio logs? I've missed so many because two things start playing at the same time and one gets cut off!

Not to mention that I listened to "Ice Cream Day! Oh Snap!" like 80 times in BL1...

Xevren

Should I be trying to get a Bee and getting the
Terra (if there is one)
achievement before the 16th?

I'm on Chapter 14, I think, but I am slooow and do all of the side-quests.

If anything I bet you could ask for help from people too, pretty easy to tell that people are farming like whoa with The Bee anyway.

redhot_

Well, the 16th is the date for the first patch (assumed, since it's mechromancer day) and they were talking about tweaking it a little.

Whether or not that will happen on this patch or not (or enough to not keep it awesome), I don't know, but I would be cautious and get the achievement out of the way just in case. :)

Tweaking it? The fuck.. are people having to much fun on a co-op game killing things? smh...

Im tempted to go read the Gearbox forums but like any other game community forum I think I know what im in for.

From what I've read, it's like that for everyone, which makes the Harmony Tree useless. Minds Eye, Wreck, and Res are the only good skills from that tree. Scorn sounds good, but you're wasting too many points to get it and Ruin or a Slagged SMG basically does the same thing.

Its worth noting that scorn travels through enemies instead of stopping on impact.

still at Terra

yep, gonna go play the Lotto now.

Where's that chest located?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Difficulty level in this game, as Zero, is a pain in the arse at times.

Up against
Wilhelm
, a enemy hyped at several points? Killed him in about fifteen seconds. So fast the introductory didn't finish.

Shortly after, up against the
Thresher
? Absolutely massacred.

I'm loving this game, but sometimes it really feels like I'm throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Log4Girlz

Up against
Wilhelm
, a enemy hyped at several points? Killed him in about fifteen seconds. So fast the introductory didn't finish.

Thresher
? Absolutely massacred.

I'm loving this game, but sometimes it really feels like I'm throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Eh, I don't want to spoil anything.

gblues

Banned
I just finished one of the last main story quests where you go to
Fireside to locate the Warrior
Fuck Saturn, and fuck Gearbox for putting the respawn point RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GODDAMN ROBOT THAT GETS ALL ITS HP BACK EVERY TIME I RESPAWN, AND FUCK THAT BADASS CONSTRUCTOR ON THE OVERPASS THAT FUCKS ME OVER IF I GET TOO CLOSE WHILE I'M DODGING THE GODDAMN ROBOT ARRRRRRGH! Finally made it my bitch though.

Insaniac

Harmony is way too overloaded with health skills, but it's not like everything one shots you with your shields down. Even in TVHM having full health will get you an extra hit or two. Not that much, but not nothing.

Of course, that only justifies investing in one health recovery skill rather than the four or five the Harmony tree is burdened with.

scorn is cool, but I think by playthrough 2.5 the damage it does is going to be insignificant to the effectiveness of Ruin, and the slagging can easily be replaced by Ruin/slag grenades.

However, the Wreck and Elated skils are amazing if you go for constant phase locking, and the Res skill is just unbelievably good in co-op

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
scorn is cool, but I think by playthrough 2.5 the damage it does is going to be insignificant to the effectiveness of Ruin, and the slagging can easily be replaced by Ruin/slag grenades.

However, the Wreck and Elated skils are amazing if you go for constant phase locking, and the Res skill is just unbelievably good in co-op
preach

im not even about that healing life, but res keeps guns in the fight. considering the fact that its only one point, that it comes right after wreck, that it doesn't tank your phaselock cooldown, that you can crank it out as many times as you need with other drawbacks, the amazing range... its invaluable.

MrDaravon

Up against
Wilhelm

Thresher
? Absolutely massacred.

Difficulty curve in this game is definitely more fucked than the first game. Having spent a lot of time playing both solo and in various-sized groups it feels like they really balanced it more for co-op play than solo play. That combined with enemies that respawn while you're still in the same zone (which is probably the worst decision made in the game IMO) is really killing any desire I have to continue playing. I've got about 130 hours on my Siren, but huge parts of the game were a pain in the ass, and I've got a Gunzerker up to about 25 and I feel like I'm just slogging through it at this point. I tapped out at about 250 hours in Borderlands 1 before any DLC hit, but I think I'm already just about done here for now. The treadmill just feels so much more tedious and a slog here, especially when you've already done it once, and I didn't feel this way at all about Borderlands 1 (which had completely separate issues).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yes,
Wilhelm is supposed to die fast. Jack wants you to install his core in your city so that he can destroy it.

It makes sense a little later in the story.

I know about the story stuff, because I'm past that.
Fighting the Thresher so I can properly return to Sanctuary
. But is
Wilhelm
still not supposed to be a boss fight? Intentionally easy, I guess.

Log4Girlz

Quick question. If I go back to previous bosses to farm legendaries, will they be level 50 now that I am level 50, or will they only scale when I've beaten the game for a second time?

MrDaravon

Quick question. If I go back to previous bosses to farm legendaries, will they be level 50 now that I am level 50, or will they only scale when I've beaten the game for a second time?

I think everything only scales to 50-53 once you've beaten the story a second time.

Beaulieu

whilem is supposed to be a boss fight, people are just making excuses for the poor balance. im having fun with this game, playing 2-3 players coop. i don't have too many difficulty, I think its better balanced for coop. wich is how you should play it, it's way more fun than sp tbh.

Are you playing normal or TVHM?

Either way, rip its shield with something electric then throw a fire grenade. Some loaders show up at some point and they'll fight each other so that should give you some breathing room. Just keep throwing grenades

FINALBOSS

Banned
Ya I'm waiting for the patch.

My 50 Gunzerker I've been farming on is 100% unplayable on my PS3 due to the auto-save freezing issues.

I can't even zone into Thousand Cuts from from the Terra area..lol.

Ourobolus

Banned
Dumb question: Where is
BNK3R
? I'm trying to farm a head and can't remember where the hell that fight was.

EDIT: Never mind, found it in Thousand Cuts.

Ourobolus

Banned
So I beat the game today...I have to say that Claptrap's ranting and raving about
teabagging Jack, only to be stopped by some stairs
was some of the funniest stuff in the game. I was rolling.

Also,
GOD****INGDAMMIT!
:lol

Anyone using the difficulty slider? I was considering on trying it out, but was curious if anyone at GAF has had experience using it, and how it's worked out for them.

it makes enemies more difficult, but I can't say drops got any better at all.

I'm level 47 and have no orange items at all, is this normal?

depends.

IF...you've doing every sidequest, you would have gotten some simply as quest rewards.

IF...you're being diligent about finding and opening every red chest, you should have found a couple by now.

If you're running through the game just trying to get to the end, I would not expect that you would have found any yet.

So I beat the game today...I have to say that Claptrap's ranting and raving about

Also,
GOD****INGDAMMIT!

Second best to:

"How the fuck are you not laughing right now?"

Also,
GOD****INGDAMMIT!

easily the best part of the game as far as dialogue goes. I stayed until he was finally done. so good.

11:00 PM CST. About ninety minutes from right now.

I'm debating on staying awake to get another one, but I'm in the mood to get some extra sleep after this nightmare week.

True braj, thanks

Also,
GOD****INGDAMMIT!

Yeah the story was hilarious, especially the last few missions. Anthony Burch has solidified a fan in me.

Rikyfree

it makes enemies more difficult, but I can't say drops got any better at all.

depends.

IF...you've doing every sidequest, you would have gotten some simply as quest rewards.

IF...you're being diligent about finding and opening every red chest, you should have found a couple by now.

If you're running through the game just trying to get to the end, I would not expect that you would have found any yet.

I've been doing almost all story missions to get to 2.5, but a few sides here and there for xp. And I have been looting red chests every time I find one, so just bad lick there I guess.

kinetic reflection is great when you have class mods that adds an additional 5 or 6 skill points.

at +10, bullets do no damage, and does 200% onto enemies

at +11, 110% damage reduction means it slightly heals you

Varna

Anyone using the difficulty slider? I was considering on trying it out, but was curious if anyone at GAF has had experience using it, and how it's worked out for them.

I'm using it. Wouldn't go back to vanilla. Enemies are much more challenging, I'm getting a lot more blues/purples from chest and badass enemies. Also it seems like quest rewards go up a few levels? I can't confirm but it seems that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom