• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Went from 38 to 45 (TVHM) tonight and finished the game for the 2nd time thanks greatly to EmptySpace. Got tons of loot. Just need them legendaries.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A single shot to the head even on TVHM usually spells death for basic bandits, so why not get the jump on a few before the badass bandits show up.

Also, I guess can understand where you're coming from with the ammo problem, but once you get full upgrades to ammo slots for all weapons (Which you should have barring some really, REALLY shitting luck before heading too deep into TVHM) ammo becomes no problemo'.
I tear through ammo. It's been maxed. It's typically because I only use SMGs or shotguns unless I'm dealing with an exceptionally good pistol or rifle.

And the basic bandits aren't what I'm really what I'm talking about either. All I've been saying is that the Siren is gimped with a bunch of skills that are worthless or in conflict with other skills/actions.

Double D

So I finally finished the main story tonight on PT1 at level 31. I have shitloads of sidequests that I either haven't completed or even accepted yet. Is it worth messing with them now or should I just jump into PT2?

elfinke

Alrighty, so I'm 14k posts late, but I'm in with GMG's reasonable pricing and 25% off on top that. $36AUD, and I'm alright with that.

I was a day one 360 Borderlands 1 gamer, but like many other games this last year two have swapped over to PC for sequels. Looking forward to this download completing and spending the rest of this glorious weekend watching V8 supercars, BBQ-ing and sneaking in some Borderlands 2-ing. Will now spend some time flicking through those pages and seeing what there is to see!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Damn, I got the best weapon drop I've seen so far tonight. It was an Etech assault rifle called the Raging Blaster. Scoped, extended mag, incendiary, and the lasers it shoot ricochet. It also has the highest rate of fire that I've seen on an AR so far and the highest damage. Definitely going to be using that for a long ass time.

RoeBear

Started a new play through this morning and the Knuck dropped a legendary pistol for me at level 2. I spend maybe 4 hours a day farming warrior and some others so i just thought this was just funny.

mauaus

I just finished a mission called capture the flag, im suposed to report to brick but hes nowhere to be found, no waypoint, nothing... help??!

Alex

Difficulty Slider sounds interesting. Game does have one big problem for me in that it's the same as the original where doing the sidequests will VASTLY overpower you.

I realize that's a tough thing to manage though. Without getting into scaling that is, which will cause a lot of mixed opinions and arguments. Maybe a sub system for it would help, if they dont plan to move on from this content method. Something where you can hike the difficulty up and take on rough alternate tasks for greater rewards. I've been wanting this in quest based RPGs and MMOs for ages and no one really does it, or at least in any meaningful way that I've seen nowadays.

Would help a lot with future plays too, although my current solution for not breaking the game was simply to skip chunks of everything until the next run. Maybe branching quest selection where you're more limited in what you can take so us OCD people aren't doing EVERYTHING in one run (and is remembered and highlighted) could also be a good idea.

Difficulty Slider sounds interesting. Game does have one big problem for me in that it's the same as the original where doing the sidequests will VASTLY overpower you.
I play solo because
forever alone
half of my gamer friends are diehard PS3 the others diehard PC and I thought that the end of the game was very difficult even after doing sidequests.

I could see that for co-op though.

I know Gearbox wants the community experience but getting good loot in solo is more infrequent it seems to me and the aforementioned difficulty. Seems like it needs a good tweaking there.

Maybe I just suck.

Does anyone else have shitty luck with the golden chests? 9 times out of 10, I unlock stuff my class can't even use.

I used two Golden Keys tonight, got two Eridian shotguns and two purple sniper rifles which were better than the sniper rifle/shotgun I already had equipped. I was level 34.

kitch9

Banned
So I finally finished the main story tonight on PT1 at level 31. I have shitloads of sidequests that I either haven't completed or even accepted yet. Is it worth messing with them now or should I just jump into PT2?

You appear to be missing the point of RPG's.....

eek5

I might start over as soldier, then. I'm not having fun with Gunzerker at all. Level 11, but just not feeling comfortable. You don't realize how good Siren's crowd control is until you don't have crowd control anymore.

All the classes suck when you only have 6 skill points to allocate into trees.

KAOz

Short bus special
Is the Soldier fun?

Yes!

With the right build it's like playing coop with someone that very seldomly miss.

My current build has a 30 second cooldown on the turret, decked out with 9/5 Sentry (more shots fired), Phalanx Shield, Rocket launchers, and now I can drop two of them at the same time.
It is glorious! It's saving my ass so much. Specially on TVHM.

"That guy Zero, Turret; WHOLE BUNCH OF KILLS!"
"You get a bullet, and you get a bullet, and you get a bullet, EVERYONE GET'S A BULLET!"

Lakitu

st5fu
Think I'm going to give up slots now. I'm not getting anything remotely useful, just a bunch of whites, eridium and at the most, greens.

How is gunzerker and gunzerking itself?

Is it just dual wielding or does anything else actually happen? I think there's ammo regen too or something

Raide

How is gunzerker and gunzerking itself?

Is it just dual wielding or does anything else actually happen? I think there's ammo regen too or something

Ammo and HP regen, plus some other bits if you spec right. It is a load of fun to run at a boss, bust out the Zerking and utterly destroy it with a hail of bullets. Doubly shotguns does vast amounts of damage but ends up not being helpful if you get downed. I had fun with 1 Caustic Pistol/SMG and 1 Fire Pistol/SMG.

Inskipp

Is the Soldier fun?
Axton is hella fun, and versatile to boot. I find his turret having tons of utility in regards to how you can spec it.

As for Axton himself, he can snowball in crowded skirmishes thanks to his plethora of kill skill- passives he has available. I personally enjoy speccing into his damage- steroids, although he has plenty of health/shield regen steroids available as well.

I'd call him a safe bet.

Ammo and HP regen, plus some other bits if you spec right. It is a load of fun to run at a boss, bust out the Zerking and utterly destroy it with a hail of bullets. Doubly shotguns does vast amounts of damage but ends up not being helpful if you get downed. I had fun with 1 Caustic Pistol/SMG and 1 Fire Pistol/SMG.

Dual wielding SMGs for maximum damage.

Sounds like fun

Please tell me his one-liners are good

PlayStation3 Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5JKJT-S5WZJ-FH3WB-Z35J3-9W3XZ

Xbox360 Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5JKJT-S5WWR-BF6TF-W63J3-9W3SK

PC Golden Key in Borderlands 2: W3KB3-X996S-F3TJB-TJBBJ-R5RZJ

[Active 5AM-8AM CT on 10/6]

Lakitu

st5fu

Thanks, how many hours from now?

Lunchbox

Banned
this guy came into our game and dropped every legendary and all of their variations in the game

i still got 2 keys that are pretty useless now lol. i mean purples? gross, orange or they go in the machine

Inskipp

For some reason I've been getting a surplus of Tediore rocket launchers with these keys... All of them ranging around 160-170k damage. Not very appealing since I already have a much superior Torque- zooka.

Not feeling so hot with these keys.

Ark

Steam asked me if I wanted to upload my save file to the cloud or download my cloud file because they were conflicting apparently. So I downloaded from the cloud (immediate mistake, I know) and now I'm like 3 hours behind where I was when I logged off last night.

Is there anyway to get my old file back? I'd rather not play through those 3 hours again :(

MrDaravon

I've had very little problem with Maya once i got Ruin, I snipe through the parts that have a lot of bandits/engineers, and use Phaselock/shotgun/ampshield to destroy loaders and creatures.

edit: the key with maya is to control the battlefield to your advantage. I use converge plus a class mod that boosts fire damage and +5 helios to group enemies up to deal max damage with Ruin. Combine it with a Slag / Corrosive singularity grenades, i rarely have problems.

Use a sniper to clear out pesky smaller guys like bandits or enginners who take cover(things easy to headshot and don't move much). this helps conserve ammo a lot.

I disagree with the general sentiment about Maya, but agree that sniping is still useful although it doesn't really take any kind of advantage of any of her abilities. I completely disagree though about Helios though, and it's one of many shit skills you have to take to get to Ruin. At level 50 with a +40% Fire Damage class /+ 6 Helios Skill Class Mod Helios was doing shit damage.

I tear through ammo. It's been maxed. It's typically because I only use SMGs or shotguns unless I'm dealing with an exceptionally good pistol or rifle.

And the basic bandits aren't what I'm really what I'm talking about either. All I've been saying is that the Siren is gimped with a bunch of skills that are worthless or in conflict with other skills/actions.

This. I don't personally find myself having ammo problems, but she doesn't get any weapon skills, and most of her other skills either are terrible, conflict with other skills, or you have to take multiple shit skills to get to something decent like Ruin (which in Playthrough 2.5 is not super effective either). She doesn't even have an SMG skill, which is obviously what the game wants you to use with her, especially since she gets class mods for them. But equipping that class mod forces you to give up the Fire damage/chance class mod you have equipped, AND I have yet to see a siren SMG class mod that doesn't also knock accuracy. It's just stupid. At max level in Borderlands 1 with Lilith I felt like a god, here it still feels like a grind.

Darklord

Banned
Just found my first proper orange. It fell off the badass Creeper.

qKT1O.jpg

MrDaravon

It's not a sniper though. It has no scope. It's meant to be like
a bow from minecraft. You literally kill a minecraft creeper to get it.
The damage is much much higher than any other I've found.

Yeah, the damage on that thing is usually pretty great when you first get it. What kinda kills it for me is that the bullets fire slowly and there seems to be some drop-off.

Dreaver

I bought the game last week. I have to say that I found it a bit boring in the beginning. However, after playing the game some more (and getting talents, elemental weapons) the game got GREAT. I am loving it again. I really liked Borderlands 1 as well.

Rocking Zer0 at the moment. Question to other Zer0's: What tree do you guys consider the most fun one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom