• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Bloody hell, the slaughter quests are so damn glitchy. I'm fuming, had a pretty horrible battle in the last Hyperion slaughter quest only for it to crap out on me in the last wave where no enemies would appear and the last wave wasn't initiated. This happened 5 or 6 times during the bandit slaughter and twice for Hyperion slaughter. Fix this shit.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Finished last night, final story boss died on the thing you have to press to end it. Blocking my ability to press it. Frustrating.
Was glad save/quit/continue kept it dead and just moved over a little bit so it could be reached.

Starting tvhm mode now, had to cheese the first boss to win. Homing bullets, nades and hiding. Tvhm seems really gear dependent. Was level 35 doing almost no damage to him, even with a bee shield. Went from around 95k, to having my respawn fee waved.

Bloody hell, the slaughter quests are so damn glitchy. I'm fuming, had a pretty horrible battle in the last Hyperion slaughter quest only for it to crap out on me in the last wave where no enemies would appear and the last wave wasn't initiated. This happened 5 or 6 times during the bandit slaughter and twice for Hyperion slaughter. Fix this shit.

Seems to be related to the big guys leveling up and killing enemies for you. I agree that it's awful, especially because of how long it takes to do these battles. Makes you wonder how thoroughly they tested the game if they could miss things like this and the fact that loot from several bosses is often unobtainable due to where it lands.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Make sure you don't kill enemies on the outer rims where the circle isn't active. That's the glitch many have but as long as you let the enemies come further in then it should be fine.

Mikey Jr.

I just gave 50k to Moxxi in the TVHM and got jack shit.

She said her line that she was going to reward me when I got to 20k, but then did nothing and just went back to cleaning her table.

I then gave her another 30k and still nothing.

Does she give anything in TVHM or did it just glitch on me?

Log4Girlz

She said her line that she was going to reward me when I got to 20k, but then did nothing and just went back to cleaning her table.

save and quit, she resets. also give her only 100 bucks at a time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Last night she gave me a SMG with 4k damage and does fire.

Too bad it's a level 48 and I'm only 47 atm. :(

I also found a rocket launcher that has 160k damage. When I hit things, the rest of the damage doesn't show up, it just says 160K with a giant red K. It's awesome.

Doorman

Last night she gave me a SMG with 4k damage and does fire.

Too bad it's a level 48 and I'm only 47 atm. :(

I also found a rocket launcher that has 160k damage. When I hit things, the rest of the damage doesn't show up, it just says 160K with a giant red K. It's awesome.

Actually this reminds me...is it just me or does it seem like you're far less likely to come across gear of a higher level than you're currently at in this game, especially compared to BL1? In the first game I recall almost always having at least one or two things in my inventory that I had to 'grow into' so to speak, but up to level 29 so far in this game with literally only one weapon at a level above my own. By the time I could use it, I'd already found more helpful stuff that I could already use. :\

Tess3ract

Banned
iYouBfBj1FSp4.jpg

Lol @ this quest reward

What's so lol about it? It's not a bad gun. I think the blue righteous judge that I found on the four assassins quest is better just because it fires so quickly and there is no bullet lag. That's why I hate fire weapons so far. You shoot and they dodge because the bullets fire so slowly.

I found a purple smg with fire bullets and the thing is boss though, simply due to how fast it fires. Multiple fire effects means almost anyone goes bye bye.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Actually this reminds me...is it just me or does it seem like you're far less likely to come across gear of a higher level than you're currently at in this game, especially compared to BL1? In the first game I recall almost always having at least one or two things in my inventory that I had to 'grow into' so to speak, but up to level 29 so far in this game with literally only one weapon at a level above my own. By the time I could use it, I'd already found more helpful stuff that I could already use. :\

Ahahah it's easy to think that when you haven't dug into TVHM. You start finding 15-20k shields and 20k grenade mods like candy. The true (loot) game begins after you beat the game. I don't think I've ever gone into a game and beat it twice so quickly. Not in terms of the time it takes but the willingness. I haven't done this in a long time. As soon as I farm the last boss for more legendaries and exp, I'm gonna have to start up a third run.

kami_sama

What's so lol about it? It's not a bad gun. I think the blue righteous judge that I found on the four assassins quest is better just because it fires so quickly and there is no bullet lag. That's why I hate fire weapons so far. You shoot and they dodge because the bullets fire so slowly.

I found a purple smg with fire bullets and the thing is boss though, simply due to how fast it fires. Multiple fire effects means almost anyone goes bye bye.
Nope, it isn't because it's a fire weapon. It's because it's a dart weapon. These do more damage, fire more slowly and have this delay. Most or all of them are e-tech weapons. I've had a LOT of elemental pistols and they aren't normally like this.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm gonna hate co-op when Gaige comes out

teams of nothing but mechromancers all day erryday :|

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I picked up a Rapid Infinity from Dr. Mercy the first time I fought him, I've been using it on smaller enemies to save ammo with other weapons. I'm about three quarters through the story at the moment.

Rapid_Infinity.jpg

(Not my image.)

So my main character is a lvl 50 Gunzerker. I find that I almost never gunzerk unless I'm about to die and need to clean up a few people real quick. I was jealous of my friends turrets so I started a commando game.

I'm only a level 10 Commando, but I find he just has no oomph. The turret takes forever to deploy and start shooting and its weak as hell, even after dumping all my points so far into making it stronger. Does this get significantly better any time soon?

I didn't use the gunzerk ability that much but he is a monster when it comes to raw firepower.

How about Siren? Will I see the fruits of her ability early on or will it be like the turrets and I have to wait forever to get substantial dominance out of her?

Doorman

Ahahah it's easy to think that when you haven't dug into TVHM. You start finding 15-20k shields and 20k grenade mods like candy. The true (loot) game begins after you beat the game. I don't think I've ever gone into a game and beat it twice so quickly. Not in terms of the time it takes but the willingness. I haven't done this in a long time. As soon as I farm the last boss for more legendaries and exp, I'm gonna have to start up a third run.

I suppose that's possible, but I never finished the first game either and still regularly found gear several levels above what I could use. That just hasn't happened this time around, but it could just be an oddity of my particular game.

I picked up a Rapid Infinity from Dr. Mercy the first time I fought him, I've been using it on smaller enemies to save ammo with other weapons. I'm about three quarters through the story at the moment.

Rapid_Infinity.jpg

(Not my image.)

That little gun destroys Borderlands 2's supposed "invincible" final boss.

Csokis

New golden key codes!

WinPC: 5BCBT-SZ969-6J3JJ-BJTJT-C56T9
PS3: CT5J3-BF5HT-693KB-Z35TJ-XSKRT
Xbox360: CT5J3-BF5CX-366JF-W63TJ-XSKZZ

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think both Maya and Zero's skill trees leave a lot to be desired.

As far as Zero goes.

The only time I was generally surprised was executing in 1 hit a shielded Marauder in True Vault Hunter.

I do have to respec again to check things out so maybe it's just because I haven't used any of the end tree skills.

I'd like them to make it so Zero's default cloaked time is a little longer, shoots out farther, can shoot out the cloak while running without breaking the run, and the vision isn't blue'd (can make it hard when sniping in places like The Warrior).

WTF is the point of the skill for extra gun damage when cloaked if you can only shoot once before you uncloak? The movement speed and health regen is derivative. Maxed out the skill will regen %4 per second of being cloacked, which is probably around 20% or something if you stay cloaked the entire time. It doesn't seem much in True Hunter when an enemy will easily take more than that in 1 hit.

Log4Girlz

Rapid_Infinity.jpg

(Not my image.)

I wonder how the level 50 one looks...I would love a gun with infinite ammo.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So my main character is a lvl 50 Gunzerker. I find that I almost never gunzerk unless I'm about to die and need to clean up a few people real quick. I was jealous of my friends turrets so I started a commando game.

I'm only a level 10 Commando, but I find he just has no oomph. The turret takes forever to deploy and start shooting and its weak as hell, even after dumping all my points so far into making it stronger. Does this get significantly better any time soon?

I didn't use the gunzerk ability that much but he is a monster when it comes to raw firepower.

How about Siren? Will I see the fruits of her ability early on or will it be like the turrets and I have to wait forever to get substantial dominance out of her?

Therein lies your problem.

Commandos have a LOT of Turret skills. No class truly steam rolls anything at that point in the game.

Sirens are even more gimped when it comes to firepower at that point.

KAOz

Short bus special

Once you unlock missiles for the turret it becomes glorious. Takes a few levels though.
Get's even better once you start reaching late 40's levels. Having two turrets just killing everything is beautiful.

I am way into TVHM, and as soon as it get's rough, I deploy them. And whatever it is infront of me is dead.
Anything.

I wonder how the level 50 one looks...I would love a gun with infinite ammo.

All the ones I've seen are level 44. They're all pretty weak unless you combine it with The Bee, in which case it's a killing machine.

Gunzerker is weak at the start too. They all are. Commando is very strong. So is the Siren, but she requires a lot of careful planning with skill points. I couldnt stand Zero's comments long enough to find out if I liked his abilities or not.

I have 6 keys now. Going to save every key for Mechromancer since keys are worthless when you hit level 50. I'll grab loot every 5 or so levels when I take her to 50.

HoosTrax

LOL! I've gotten two level 50 eTech Skirmish Plasma Casters out of the golden chest now. Not that I'm complaining. Casters are probably my favorite type of eTech weapon other than the PBFG nuke launcher.

HoosTrax

Just beat the game with a friend as my Siren.

Kinda regretting not going with a Gunzerker or a Commando instead. :(
The grass is always greener on the other side. I have both a level 50 Siren and Gunzerker, and while the Gunzerker is obviously better at boss DPS, I like the Siren's survivability skills, which don't require making a DPS compromise for. In particular Converge, which CCs and sucks in all enemies near the impact point, and makes them an easy target for Chain Reaction / Reaper / Wreck.

The grass is always greener on the other side. I have both a level 50 Siren and Gunzerker, and while the Gunzerker is obviously better at boss DPS, I like the Siren's survivability skills, which don't require making a DPS compromise for. In particular Converge, which CCs and sucks in all enemies near the impact point, and makes them an easy target for Chain Reaction / Reaper / Wreck.

I mean, it's nice, we're both medic-type Sirens and the health and resurrections are always flowing, but I guess utility isn't as flashy or fun as raw destruction. At least it keeps us alive (mostly).

We'll see how it goes on THVM. Once I have a few more levels I may respec into full Cata and see how it goes.

Gunzerking and Turrets just seem like so much fun tho. =P

I bought the game last week. I have to say that I found it a bit boring in the beginning. However, after playing the game some more (and getting talents, elemental weapons) the game got GREAT. I am loving it again. I really liked Borderlands 1 as well.

Rocking Zer0 at the moment. Question to other Zer0's: What tree do you guys consider the most fun one?

I think bloodshed is the most fun, but cunning is more viable at higher levels

I mean, it's nice, we're both medic-type Sirens and the health and resurrections are always flowing, but I guess utility isn't as flashy or fun as raw destruction. At least it keeps us alive (mostly).

We'll see how it goes on THVM. Once I have a few more levels I may respec into full Cata and see how it goes.

I can't think of a least fun way to play this game than the Siren's medic tree.

I played a bit of Gunzerker tonight and got to level 10. None of the entry abilities really appealed to me so I went with inconceivable.

How is the rampage tree? It looks good enough but I can't anticipate what it'd be like in practice. Gunzerking feels underwhelming so far but my guns suck. I also feel overexposed while doing it. Is the I am the Juggernaut skill worth looking into?

Hey, before I hope back into the final quests, does anybody on 360 want to trade a few orange items back and forth right now so I (or both of us) can get the Pink Pandacorn skin?

GamerTag is same as my name here. :)

abundant

Respec quickly when you get to TVHM. Health is completely irrelevant then. I played with two other Sirens and we all had class mods that gave us 100% team health regen and we still died almost instantly when our shields went down. Res is still a great skill though in TVHM.

My main character is level 25 and I use combat rifles for my primary gun, and i still have not found one I like more than that level 18 vladof

I have found a number of other ones of equal or better rarity which a lot of time do more damage or have elemental damage but there is always something that I don't like about them. If I could just keep finding the higher level version of that particular combat rifle then i'd be good to go

on a side note does anyone know why part of the image gets cut off anytime i go into the inspect view?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom