• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm really starting to wonder why I keep playing that game... I've been cursing non stop for a week now in TVHM...Some of those hurdles and difficulty ramp up are just stupid.... I've been on the gluttonous tresher for like 3-4 days now....arghh...

HoosTrax

I'm really starting to wonder why I keep playing that game... I've been cursing non stop for a week now in TVHM...Some of those hurdles and difficulty ramp up are just stupid.... I've been on the gluttonous tresher for like 3-4 days now....arghh...
When you enter this area, Jack will start tossing crates of Loaders down from the H moon base. After you die to the thresher, walk forward towards the trailers in the middle to trigger the thresher spawning, but while remaining out of its view, and the Loaders should go aggro on the thresher.

(they can kill the thresher completely on their own, but it might take a few tries to reach the right circumstances for that to happen, and without the thresher seeing you)

Alternatively, friend me (if you're playing on PC), and I can try to help you get past this "hump".

Another stupid thing is that if you keep dying to a boss then you're broke which means you can't buy ammo which means you can't kill said boss.... arghh....
That's not really true, since you're given more ammo upon respawning, and if you die quickly multiple times, the rate you're given ammo exceeds the rate you use it.

Megasoum

Banned
Another stupid thing is that if you keep dying to a boss then you're broke which means you can't buy ammo which means you can't kill said boss.... arghh....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New golden key codes!

WinPC: 5BCBT-SZ969-6J3JJ-BJTJT-C56T9
PS3: CT5J3-BF5HT-693KB-Z35TJ-XSKRT
Xbox360: CT5J3-BF5CX-366JF-W63TJ-XSKZZ
Thanks, 7 keys now. Might use one soon but I just got to
Eridium Blight
and it seems like loot in general has gotten good really fast at my level.

Thresher is one of the most stupid difficulty spikes I have seen before. I found that right behind the piller with the crane on it works pretty well as it can hit you with its tentacles and its spikes hit the pillars.

Psi

If you're desperate for ammo go back to the starting area on normal and buy ammo for $4 each. No rockets there though.

My main character is level 25 and I use combat rifles for my primary gun, and i still have not found one I like more than that level 18 vladof

I have found a number of other ones of equal or better rarity which a lot of time do more damage or have elemental damage but there is always something that I don't like about them. If I could just keep finding the higher level version of that particular combat rifle then i'd be good to go

Your Angry Rifle looks good. I am level 25 and using something similar (Green level Vladof AR with the name "Ferocious Guerrilla"). Mine has inferior stats to yours in a couple of areas, though, and is scoped. Despite its basic look and unexciting stats, it is my favorite weapon. Like you, I am just hoping to find higher level versions of the same weapon. Vladof has become my favorite manufacturer.

Your Angry Rifle looks good. I am level 25 and using something similar (Green level Vladof AR with the name "Ferocious Guerrilla"). Mine has inferior stats to yours in a couple of areas, though, and is scoped. Despite its basic look and unexciting stats, it is my favorite weapon. Like you, I am just hoping to find higher level versions of the same weapon. Vladof has become my favorite manufacturer.

same here, I wish I could just go to a Vladof shop

red731

Zer0 level 29. I am not even shooting anymore
KuGsj.gif

Mean mean melee machine.

I love melee. And my LAW gun. I knew from the first time I got it, that I must keep it.
I haven't come across any other law since.
Also cooldown reducing on action skill, more melee dmg from class item and badassness.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh also, the fact that the tresher is all the way to the end of the zone and the trash between the vendors and the boss respawn every 15min or so is some Far Cry 2 level of stupid shit right there.

The thresher was easy for me on TVHM, but getting to him was stupid. I did not enjoy the difficulty spikes in TVHM, but I could have alleviated some of hit by overleveling, but chose not to.

HoosTrax

So Mechromancer drops on October 16th right? I think I've got enough time to get a third character to level 50. I have to choose between Axton and Zer0. Between the two, I'm kind of leaning towards Axton since I hate melee combat in FPSs, but I want to make sure he's viable all the way into TVHM. Is he pretty much played like the Engy from TF2?

I always like the character design of Snake more than Raiden anyhow...

kitch9

Banned
The thresher was easy for me on TVHM, but getting to him was stupid. I did not enjoy the difficulty spikes in TVHM, but I could have alleviated some of hit by overleveling, but chose not to.

My maxed sabre turret chewed through the thresher in no time.... Exploding shotty finished the job quickly too...

zulfate

i will be online for awhile if anyone wants to join me my name is zulfate on steam, i have a level 9 salvador and a level 37 axton

Question for everyone: I beat the game a few days ago and just got the World Traveler achievement so I'm ready to start TVHM...but I wanted to know if my challenge completions carry over to TVHM or if I start from 1 on everything again? (The challenge achievement is going to be a pain in my ass). I'm giving up on doing the sidequest one because I don't think I'll be able to beat Terramorphous until I hit level 50.

Lima

Question for everyone: I beat the game a few days ago and just got the World Traveler achievement so I'm ready to start TVHM...but I wanted to know if my challenge completions carry over to TVHM or if I start from 1 on everything again? (The challenge achievement is going to be a pain in my ass). I'm giving up on doing the sidequest one because I don't think I'll be able to beat Terramorphous until I hit level 50.

Yes, your challenges will carry over.

Any more codes scheduled for this weekend? I've missed all of them in the past 2 days cause of work and sleep :(

Got a fantastic rocket launcher in the last chest that does 260k damage :D

CTE

I didn't realize The Bee was getting nerfed.
I haven't even got to try it yet in it's current state. I guess I don't need to be overpowered, but I wanted to see how easy farming is with it.

So should I save my golden keys or what?

Nope. Saving them for level 50 is a waste. What comes out of the box generally appears to be worse than what you'll get by solo farming bosses. Might be wise to save them for TVHM though since you'll want better weapons for that.

HoosTrax

I haven't even got to try it yet in it's current state. I guess I don't need to be overpowered, but I wanted to see how easy farming is with it.
That reminds me, I need to turn off Automatic Updates for the game in Steam. Unless they up the shitty drop rates to compensate for nerfing the Bee, I just won't accept the update until I'm good and ready (and finished farming).

I'm stuck in side quest hell on my first playthrough still. lol =(
SAME HERE OH GOD THEY DO NOT END.

But I just passed the ninety mark (got the badass points for that).

Dukino's Mom was a pain on solo, I lost half of my (useless) fortunes. Most of her attacks were almost one hit kills, I was stubborn and finally got her though. One time she was finally distracted enough by the smaller guys and my aim was good enough to get some massive sniper rifle headshots in.

I'm still looking for someone on 360 to back and forth orange items with to complete the "Lott Orange Items" challenge for a pink skin pack.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm stuck in side quest hell on my first playthrough still. lol =(
Same.

I'm not that upset because they're so much goddamn content, but still after finally getting some time to play yesterday and sinking some hours in, I needed a break from running around.

47 hours in and GAF tells me I still have a third of the game to go (well, a bit less).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
  • PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJKT3-WRK9J-6ZJ53-SJKJJ-5XJTR
  • Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CJKT3-WRK5R-3XR36-KRJJJ-5XJZW
  • PC SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CTCTB-3BTZZ-6BBJJ-TTJTB-JXCHC
[Active until 6PM CT on 10/6]

This will be our last batch for the weekend! You have until 6pm (a little less than 3 hours) to grab a Golden Key!

I don't think The Bee needs to be nerfed. Its low capacity helps to balance it out, you just can't run around with it.

The Conference Call on the other hand is way overpowered. The range it covers is mind blowing.

I don't think The Bee needs to be nerfed. Its low capacity helps to balance it out, you just can't run around with it.

The Conference Call on the other hand is way overpowered. The range it covers is mind blowing.
Conference Call is fine really, it's only its synergy with Bee that makes it ridiculous. On its own it's just really strong, which is fine for a level 50 legendary.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Does how many people you have in your game as well as the difficulty (normal or VH) influence the loot you get from using your golden keys? Or is that specific chest independent of players/difficulty?

last night i was playing co op with my fiancee, i never have lag issues with games, i have a really good connection. for some reason the game pretty much froze in the middle of a mission, we could move but barely, and the sound was all messed up. we got so frustrated since we where in the middle of a mission we both shut our xbox off and didnt try again. has this happened to anyone?

kitch9

Banned
After using numerous golden keys I can safely say that that gold box is shit....

I think I've sold everything that has come out of it....

Wallach

Conference Call is fine really, it's only its synergy with Bee that makes it ridiculous. On its own it's just really strong, which is fine for a level 50 legendary.

Yeah, I agree. The Conference Call is strong, but not overly so compared to other level 50 legendary guns.

That said, I don't necessarily mind something really overpowered like The Bee existing. What I would do though is look at how it interacts in the damage calculation, because there is a real obvious case to be made that there's a genuine bug (haha get it lolz) with how it applies. Generic "damage" bonuses apply after the Bee is added to the equation, whereas things like "gun damage" do not; this is a large part of why the Gunzerker and Siren seem so much stronger DPS-wise endgame than the Commando or Assassin.

Were it my call, I'd probably do two things:

- Fix the damage calculation so that the Bee always applied last to any strike's total damage

- Change the damage application to work once per unit of ammo spent rather than calculating it once per projectile

This would, in my opinion, make the shield essentially scale off a single factor (fire rate) rather than a bunch, and it would also bring the classes together somewhat in terms of DPS balance. It also does it in a way that is the least intrusive to the current builds and playstyles people have already constructed around it.

Is the Conference Call really that amazing? I've never been able to get one, so I use two level 50 Moxxi's Heartbreaks instead, which lets me kill Terra in two pops.
It's really not particularly spectacular on its own, I mean it's very good but yours is comparable to it.

It's just that its pellets also shoot to the side and get more amp damage from the Bee that makes it a particularly good combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom