• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Tiny Tina just doesn't work out. I can see what they're doing, a crazy hyperactive teenage girl that incorporates a dozen different dialects is modern and could be funny, but it is just so unconvincing. I think a different VA could pull it off...it sounds like a lot of the incidental dialogue must have been ad-libbed, so if you got the right person in there they could make it work.

*shrug* Made me laugh a lot. Found her a delight. I especially enjoyed the range of vocal emotion you see with her character when
you do the quest to have a tea party, and realize the bandit she has you lure to the party is the one responsible for her parents' death/being sold of. Right at the end when she softly whispers in this way where you feel bad for her and says, "Best tea party ever," but you can feel the sadness behind the words.

Things like that really drive home how awesome the cast for this game is.

How far am I in the game am I if I
just had watched sanctuary fly off after the shields for the place come down?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How far am I in the game am I if I
just had watched sanctuary fly off after the shields for the place come down?

THIS AM ONE OF DEM MOMENTS

CATCH

A

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

Edgeward

You know what gets my gears goin? When I clear the Wildlife Center and get to the area boss, Son of Mothrakk, and watch as I deal the killing blow all the loot fall on top of the roof. asdjkashsahfjk

C'mon, Gearbox. You have it so that when Knuckle Dagger dies his loot flies magically to the arena he spawns from. Have act that way for at least flying bosses.

metalshade

1) Scooter
2) Patricia
3) Jack
99) Claptrap
100) Tiny Tina

This man states the truth, and the truth is sometimes hard for others to understand, but those truly enlightened shall gather and expel the unbelievers!

*Yeah I liked the firehawk quests!*

Although personally, I would say Jack is better than Scooter.

I must have missed something in the first game when it was stated that Moxxi is Scooter's mom, and therefore Ellie's mom. I thought it was weird when Moxxi was talking about Ellie's weight problem, but now it makes sense.

metalshade

I must have missed something in the first game when it was stated that Moxxi is Scooter's mom, and therefore Ellie's mom. I thought it was weird when Moxxi was talking about Ellie's weight problem, but now it makes sense.

It was revealed in the Knoxx DLC, so if you didnt have it, you wouldnt know.

Wunder

Anyone wanna help me finish off the last bit of PT2? 48 Siren on PC, having a tough time with
Sawtooth Cauldron
and I'm sure the last bit won't be a walk in the park either.

Jezabel

You know what gets my gears goin? When I clear the Wildlife Center and get to the area boss, Son of Mothrakk, and watch as I deal the killing blow all the loot fall on top of the roof. asdjkashsahfjk

C'mon, Gearbox. You have it so that when Knuckle Dagger dies his loot flies magically to the arena he spawns from. Have act that way for at least flying bosses.

same thing must have happened to me like a hour ago i killed him and there was no loot at all D:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone want to trade this

borderlands22012-10-0zoi6a.png

For a good Conference Call or Legendary SMG or something Legendary?!?!

VariantX

Geez, just got to TVHM and it seems to me badass enemies have far too much hp. Just finishing the firehawk quest was probably the most aggravating part in the game.

nel e nel

Tiny Tina just doesn't work out. I can see what they're doing, a crazy hyperactive teenage girl that incorporates a dozen different dialects is modern and could be funny, but it is just so unconvincing. I think a different VA could pull it off...it sounds like a lot of the incidental dialogue must have been ad-libbed, so if you got the right person in there they could make it work.

Yeah, I'm not against Tiny Tina per se, but I just felt that she was trying way to hard to ape black/hip hop stereotypes in order to appear cool or funny. I just kept imagining her doing clumsy rap hands the entire time she was talking.

As my buddy was telling me "She's a total wigger and hilarious" to which I replied "You know wigger is white + n***er, right? And that it's considered offensive?" He thought it meant that someone was wiggin' out.

The tea party was pretty badassfully sadistic though.

nel e nel

There's an entire Minecraft easter egg area in Caustic Caverns where a bunch of Creepers spawn. Random YT video showing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ry1ygn2NQ\

Unlike the guy in the video if you have done the quest where you push the mine cart, you can just run along that train track since the doors will still be raised up.

Even quicker you can
immediately go through the gate on the left outside the spawn point and drop down the ladder into the room that opens up on the spiderant area

Bunker's
dieing animation makes it so all the loot is in a reachable area, I don't know why they dont do that for all bosses.

HoosTrax

Bunker's
dieing animation makes it so all the loot is in a reachable area, I don't know why they dont do that for all bosses.
"Reachable" if you mean some of the loot will fall through the floor onto the lower ring (yes I've seen this exact thing happen while doing the main storyline).

They should give you an achievement (or a badass challenge at least) when you kill yourself while reloading a Tediore lol.

I have done that so many times, sometimes when I'm trying to pick up ammo and reload the damn gun and it blows up in my face. Sigh.

same thing must have happened to me like a hour ago i killed him and there was no loot at all D:

When I killed Captain Flynt in TVHM, all I got was $20. Sigh.

I killed flynt in TVHM and got no loot. I tossed my longbow nuke turret at him to start the fight, and it launched him off the boat down the 100 yards or so into the water, where he stood staring up at my. Sniped him from the side of the boat and got nothing.

Wallach

I killed flynt in TVHM and got no loot. I tossed my longbow nuke turret at him to start the fight, and it launched him off the boat down the 100 yards or so into the water, where he stood staring up at my. Sniped him from the side of the boat and got nothing.

He seems to drop nothing a lot of the time even if you kill him normally on TVHM.

KAOz

Short bus special
Halfway to level 47 on my Axton.

Jesus. I have no idea how I would complete some of the later areas without the use of turrets. Seriously. Some of the missions had quite a few enemies being 3-4 levels above me and my friend.
But then it's turret time, and they just mince through everything. They don't even stand a chance. It's glorious! I LOVE IT! I truly feel like a tank.

This whole game is just so awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Halfway to level 47 on my Axton.

Jesus. I have no idea how I would complete some of the later areas without the use of turrets. Seriously. Some of the missions had quite a few enemies being 3-4 levels above me and my friend.
But then it's turret time, and they just mince through everything. They don't even stand a chance. It's glorious! I LOVE IT! I truly feel like a tank.

This whole game is just so awesome.
Honestly, the turret makes me feel like I would be useless with it hahaha

Often times I just drop it and keep walking, or I drop it and start opening loot chests while it does the work haha

DanielJr82

This fucking last level, I give up... I lost 100k of my gold just respawning. Those Hyperion soldiers take me out in 3 or 4 shots! What gives??!! They're on level (32). Then there are these turrents with invincible shields and Constructor bots that hardly pay out experience considering how difficult they are to take down.

100K of my gold is gone! Took me 50 hours to get all that. T_T

This fucking last level, I give up... I lost 100k of my gold just respawning. Those Hyperion soldiers take me out in 3 or 4 shots! What gives??!! They're on level (32). Then there are these turrents with invincible shields and Constructor bots that hardly pay out experience considering how difficult they are to take down.

100K of my gold is gone! Took me 50 hours to get all that. T_T

If an enemy has a shield, there's something feeding that shield. Kill that first. That area is littered with giant transport containers too. Use those when you're in trouble.

Wallach

Here's what it looks like to actually have to fight Terramorphous (i.e. without the Bee) as a solo Commando: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txGzWcnOfpI

I think a Grenadier COM Tediore reload build would probably kill it faster but I'm not messing with it until they fix the Badass Rank bug for sure. All told it is pretty easy as a Commando, even if it might be a little slower than the other classes.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really understand e-tech weapons. Aren't they supposed to consume no ammo? They all consume ammo for me, even the one in the Doc Mercy quest so I know for sure it's an e-tech weapon.

The ones I've found have have some cool abilities but not usually anything all that great.

Gravijah

I don't really understand e-tech weapons. Aren't they supposed to consume no ammo? They all consume ammo for me, even the one in the Doc Mercy quest so I know for sure it's an e-tech weapon.

no, they are supposed to consume ammo. they're better than purples, though.

Inskipp

Most E-Tech weapons (infact every one that I've found) actually spend more ammo per shot than regular weapons. They often however are a lot more potent than purple drops. I'd say they're in-between orange and purple in terms of their potency.

Paertan

What's TVHM?

I feel a little more relieved knowing I'll make it back quicker later, though. Thanks guys.

True Vault Hunter Mode. It is like New Game+. Also called "Playthrough 2" You play the game again with the same character. And after that there is "Playthrough 2.5" where all enemies are level 49-53 and you just go after gear from bossesand mobs.
Money is used for wiping you ass with basically.
Iridium is used as paperweights.

Wunder

god damn, finally finished TVHM on my siren. Is there a way to dispose of the body from the last boss to see if there is loot underneath it?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Geez, just got to TVHM and it seems to me badass enemies have far too much hp. Just finishing the firehawk quest was probably the most aggravating part in the game.

That is probably the toughest normal encounter you'll face in TVHM unless you go up against rabid beasts without a shock weapon.

If an enemy has a shield, there's something feeding that shield. Kill that first. That area is littered with giant transport containers too. Use those when you're in trouble.

An explosive weapon can kill the turrets through the shields, FYI.

In other news, player complains about tomb raider elements in his borderlands 2.

WYmxl.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
True Vault Hunter Mode. It is like New Game+. Also called "Playthrough 2" You play the game again with the same character. And after that there is "Playthrough 2.5" where all enemies are level 49-53 and you just go after gear from bossesand mobs.
also new enemies added.

Insaniac

I tried doing the LOTR / Geary easter egg, but for some reaosn it didn't work (he didn't jump into the lava) I didn't fast travel I only took a car the whole way, is there something I missed?

Edgeward

god damn, finally finished TVHM on my siren. Is there a way to dispose of the body from the last boss to see if there is loot underneath it?

Nope, and yes it sucks.

I tried doing the LOTR / Geary easter egg, but for some reaosn it didn't work (he didn't jump into the lava) I didn't fast travel I only took a car the whole way, is there something I missed?

You have to let him hit you once, and only once.

So 3 real playthrough for one character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom