• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX

That is probably the toughest normal encounter you'll face in TVHM unless you go up against rabid beasts without a shock weapon.

good to hear because it seemed like 17000+ crit headshots over and over were barely moving their lifebars as it is. Took us what seemed more than two minutes of sustained fire and thats including them being coated in flames, slag and acid. Probably would have took even longer if not for the guy in our party that had the regen ammo buff.

Mrcapcom

Cool thanks everyone I almost panicked for a sec cause like with the first borderlands game I was able to level up faster by doing the side missions so thats what I was doing lol.

Side note I just got the last skill in the bloodshed tree and I must say its insanely fun to use.

lordy88

so just to clarify, in playthrough 2.5, theres no more repeat of main quests like when you first do TVHM? all thats left are side missions?

Correct. Do not think of it as a new playthrough. Think of it as going back to complete all the side-quests you did not complete during playthrough 2.

Ark

Is it worth farming The Bee and The Conference Call if I'm only level 33, or should I wait until I'm level 50?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Correct. Do not think of it as a new playthrough. Think of it as going back to complete all the side-quests you did not complete during playthrough 2.
Yeah PT2.5 is a stupid abbreviation and should be dropped completely.

Just don't do all you side quests with unique weapon rewards until your level 50 in TVHM, simple as that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What should I save my golden keys for? I already accidentally spent one before I knew what they were (grr), but not sure if I should save my other 5. I'm still on P1.

Santiako

What should I save my golden keys for? I already accidentally spent one before I knew what they were (grr), but not sure if I should save my other 5. I'm still on P1.

I'd say use them about level 30-35, after that you'll find better stuff on the world.

Wunder

Seems pretty clear that Gaige's dad isn't Handsome Jack. Doesn't sound nuffin' like him in this one and she mentions Jack too, in a non-relative way.

Wallach

I'd say use them about level 30-35, after that you'll find better stuff on the world.

Yeah, I would use one or two right when you first are able to in TVHM. They are a huge boon at that point, since you're still likely to be carrying either old Normal weapons or lower-quality TVHM weapons. Then use whatever remaining keys you have left while leveling to 50 when you feel you need a boost. Don't bother saving them for 50 at all.

NJ Shlice

I have an orange Flakker shotgun if anyone wants it, I'm in Sanctuary now I'll drop it. First to join gets it, Xbox NJ Shlice

Edit* lvl 50

abundant

Yeah, I would use one or two right when you first are able to in TVHM. They are a huge boon at that point, since you're still likely to be carrying either old Normal weapons or lower-quality TVHM weapons. Then use whatever remaining keys you have left while leveling to 50 when you feel you need a boost. Don't bother saving them for 50 at all.

I agree. Late game TVHM (lvl 44 - 50) requires you to have good/great gear, so using the keys then if you've hit a wall is really useful.

Majukun

what about the optional objective in a mission?the ones with the little "+" symbol on the side..what do you get if you complete them?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm waffling a little on not doing the PT2 quests until I hit level 50. I mean, sure that's the most powerful version, but 1. by the time I'm level 50 how many times will I really be using all those weapons anyway, and 2. if I get them earlier I'll be able to feed them to my lower level characters as they level up so I can get them through the game faster without having to worry about doing the sidequests.

I'm fairly early in PT2 with my level 35 Gunzerker and my new Commando is basically just jumping from hand me down weapon to hand me down weapon as I power level him through PT1. Seems like a lot better use of my time doing that than spending a ton of hours going through sidequests once I hit level 50 to get weapons that only one character CAN equip and at that point is unlikely to do so.

Wallach

I think I'm waffling a little on not doing the PT2 quests until I hit level 50. I mean, sure that's the most powerful version, but 1. by the time I'm level 50 how many times will I really be using all those weapons anyway, and 2. if I get them earlier I'll be able to feed them to my lower level characters as they level up so I can get them through the game faster without having to worry about doing the sidequests.

I'm fairly early in PT2 with my level 35 Gunzerker and my new Commando is basically just jumping from hand me down weapon to hand me down weapon as I power level him through PT1. Seems like a lot better use of my time doing that than spending a ton of hours going through sidequests once I hit level 50 to get weapons that only one character CAN equip and at that point is unlikely to do so.

Definitely. The only quests you should be skipping are the ones that have rewards you will actually want to try and use at 50. Bank space is far too limited to pretend you're going to keep so much stuff anyway.

thanks for the clarification. :)

Yeah PT2.5 is a stupid abbreviation and should be dropped completely.

Just don't do all you side quests with unique weapon rewards until your level 50 in TVHM, simple as that.

how do i know which quests give unique weapons? i know theres an indication for what the reward is (smg color blue/etc etc) but how do i know that its a 'unique' weapon?

Moxxi's Heartbreaker.

Had this, sold it shortly afterwards. You can live without it.

Do your sidequests all the way through. The bosses and drops will still be there, while the weapons will help you level. Same with the golden keys--if you wait until 40-ish, you'll have a weapon that you'll probably use the rest of the way.

Farm the bosses at 49 & 50 for better stuff, but don't wait for that shit, if you have other characters they can use the items too at the lower levels.

Wallach

Is there maybe a top 5 of sidequests to save in TVHM due to their rewards?

Not exactly. I think the Order shield is one of the bigger ones because it combines with the Law for a very solid combination at 50 for Zer0 players that run melee. There's a lot of others though that are generally not comparable to high end purple or orange weapons that just have unique effects that people might want to just try to find a use for since they can be fun to play with. Like the Trespasser sniper rifle that bypasses shields; it's probably still going to be weaker than something like a Lyuda or Skullmasher even on most shielded targets, but it might be a neat thing to have a level 50 version of anyway.

Truthfully I think the vast majority of players will never use these over legendary equipment. It's not worth worrying too much about, but maybe check the BL2 wiki and peruse the list of ones people have posted in case you see something that catches your eye.

Beat Playthrough 1 today and got my first orange (Im a slow player I know :( But school :( )
Corrosive spike shield, should be highly useful on my siren.

In still in playthrough 1 just near the if I jumped into a TVH hosted game at the start and complete some quests will they already been completed when I start TVH?

Derrick01

Banned
I think I really like the Gunzerker. I killed midgemong in about 5 seconds with my two guns, which granted are pretty cool (exploding shotgun that shoots 3 rounds at once and an exploding combat rifle) but I've had stuff like that with Zero and the commando guy and they didn't take him down fast.

Megasoum

Banned
FYI Adam, if you're still reading, I find a (very) small bug that you can add to the list for future patches.

The sound a warmhole tresher makes when it pulls you still plays even if all the volumes are set to 0 in the options. AFAIK this is the only sound effect that does that.

madmackem

Just used my golden key in a friends game as he was on new game plus, used it got some cool gear, used it again huh, used it again and again and again and again it just kept going and going unlimited golden keys.

Just used my golden key in a friends game as he was on new game plus, used it got some cool gear, used it again huh, used it again and again and again and again it just kept going and going unlimited golden keys.
It's a known glitch what happens if a buddy without a key trys to open the chest then a person with a key tries and he can open It over and over until he exits the game l, you can leave and comeback. It's game breaking really happened to us my buddy farmed the chest and sold stuff till he reach 700,000 ash and I grabbed some high quality etech snipers and smgs for my maya at lvl 28 I'm still destroying with them at lvl 33

FYI Adam, if you're still reading, I find a (very) small bug that you can add to the list for future patches.

The sound a warmhole tresher makes when it pulls you still plays even if all the volumes are set to 0 in the options. AFAIK this is the only sound effect that does that.

how about they fix the broken controls that cause drifting to the left on xbox360. :/

BLU-82

Do all conference calls perform as well as each other when combined with the bee shield? I found a restructuring conference call (it does have the ping everybody) but it doesn't perform any better than a the jacobs shotgun I have, when combined with the bee??

Wallach

Do all conference calls perform as well as each other when combined with the bee shield? I found a restructuring conference call (it does have the ping everybody) but it doesn't perform any better than a the jacobs shotgun I have, when combined with the bee??

Not to the letter, of course. Practicable is probably the best since it gets a total of 6 additional pellets per shot.

Where you're going to see Conference Call destroy other weapons with the Bee is very large targets. For most things, the substantial increase in DPS over other weapons doesn't mean much because any weapon will obliterate most targets with the Bee equipped. Any target that has substantial HP and is big enough to eat all of the pellets consistently is where the CC outperforms everything else.

Not to the letter, of course. Practicable is probably the best since it gets a total of 6 additional pellets per shot.

Where you're going to see Conference Call destroy other weapons with the Bee is very large targets. For most things, the substantial increase in DPS over other weapons doesn't mean much because any weapon will obliterate most targets with the Bee equipped. Any target that has substantial HP and is big enough to eat all of the pellets consistently is where the CC outperforms everything else.
...except the slag version.

Vs bosses, it's fucking worthless, despite technically being more valuable than other cc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom