• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

Here's a good tip if you need a good fire SMG - you can farm Moxxie's SMG and it levels with you. I'm currently using a lvl 50 version that does 4700 damage and it eats through flesh like crazy, especially when used with Wreck.

are you saying you can repeatedly tip her and get her SMGs again and again on the same char?

Just fought Verm for the third time this weekend. The tips posted a couple pages back have worked extremely well from my recent experience. No need to feed the Ultimate badass, no need to damage the varkids to get them to evolve. Just keep them constantly aggrivated and if you don't get Verm after 15 minutes or so, try again. Anyways, nothing all that great the first two times, but the third time:

XCJFg.jpg

So yeah, that's pretty awesome.

nel e nel

Easter egg and I guess I am not spoiling story wise.

As I wrote, I use Law pistol and Order shield...
So Law & Order, right?

See that red text? First is in the intro and second is here.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Just got this pair for my Zer0. Can't wait to test out the 100% melee damage with melee/roid boost on him.

My biggest issue with the game. These maps don't tell you if something is above or below you. Should have included the different levels on the map.

The mini-map will display an up or down arrow inside the objective marker if it's not on the same elevation as your character.

Wallach

Man, the Bee nerf had better be accompanied by some loot drop changes. It took me like five minutes to solo Terramorphous without it equipped, though I was rotating through all of my weapons to see how they perform solo without it instead of just sticking to the CC and Lyuda. I don't want to do kills that long for the garbage he drops.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man, the Bee nerf had better be accompanied by some loot drop changes. It took me like five minutes to solo Terramorphous without it equipped, though I was rotating through all of my weapons to see how they perform solo without it instead of just sticking to the CC and Lyuda. I don't want to do kills that long for the garbage he drops.
So wait, you want them to change the system so you can cheese it even easier and get out of playing things the legitimate way?

Approaching 3 days of playtime; all solo. Ridiculous.

Some impressions/observations from TVHM:

> It's very tough at the beginning, but it eases up as you go.
> Getting stuck on geometry is exacerbated ten-fold.
> Second Wind with no one around to shoot? Thanks, game.
> Mission structure/variety is truly great in this game, especially considering that it's an FPS with side-quests. Bravo, Gearbox.
> Tiny Tina is painfully unfunny this time round. That faux-gangster, upward inflection that she rounds off 90% of her sentences with... Cringelands 1,000.
> Murdecai is lame on all fronts, really.
> Zero's sniping tree is awesome.
> Badass Maniacs/anything that rushes you are very annoying, but that's probably due largely to my narrow focus on the above point.

Wallach

So wait, you want them to change the system so you can cheese it even easier and get out of playing things the legitimate way?

wat

I already play things the legitimate way. My point is that his loot table is complete garbage and they'll be making it take longer to kill him for everyone. So they should probably do something to his loot table to make people actually want to bother with him at all once that happens. Even as things stand where if I want to I can make it like 10 seconds it's basically not worth running. Over the course of about 100 kills he has basically only dropped purple items.

> It's very tough at the beginning, but it eases up as you go.

Don't get used to this. It will start to get tough again around level 45 or so (at least in my experience).

Over the course of about 100 kills he has basically only dropped purple items.

He's dropping yellows for me. All the class mods and the blood dropped within about 6-7 kills for me and a friend today. Also some really nice purple relics. I mean I can understand it's pointless if you have gotten everything from his loot table, but otherwise he's one of the best sources of good loot in the game IMO.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah, I just got to Sanctuary on my second run. The Bullymongs aren't a problem, but all the bandits are giving me issues. There are armored maniacs, most everybody has a shield, so I'm constantly switching between my shock sniper and my fire pistol to take out enemies. I haven't gotten any "great" TVHM weapons yet, I think the highest damage weapon I have is a rocket launcher that does a little over 20k, while my best regular weapon is a sniper at 1800. Didn't bother farming any legendaries before I started because I felt like it'd be too much of a pain in the ass. Hoping it gets better once I get a few quest rewards.
It was the exact opposite for me on TVHM.

wingz

Got to level 50 and completed 70% of TVHM. So I decided to use my 6 golden keys to get some cool weapons and then went to go fight
Terramorphous the Invincible.
Got my ass handed to me trying to fight him solo. I don't really feel like wanting to get bee/conference, because it will probably take another 5-6 more hours.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wat

I already play things the legitimate way. My point is that his loot table is complete garbage and they'll be making it take longer to kill him for everyone. So they should probably do something to his loot table to make people actually want to bother with him at all once that happens. Even as things stand where if I want to I can make it like 10 seconds it's basically not worth running. Over the course of about 100 kills he has basically only dropped purple items.
Okay that sounds reasonable.

I thought you were implying balancing it towards making him more farmable rather than just increasing the rate of legendary drops.

I think they should just make him significantly more difficult and make a legendary drop (outside of class mods, say one drops for sure the first time and the rest get added as pools from then on) guaranteed. But hey I'm not even done the game yet so yeah.

Wallach

He's dropping yellows for me. All the class mods and the blood dropped within about 6-7 kills for me and a friend today. Also some really nice purple relics. I mean I can understand it's pointless if you have gotten everything from his loot table, but otherwise he's one of the best sources of good loot in the game IMO.

Yeah, it drops a class mod every kill. Which really doesn't help, I wish that was a split chance for a class mod or one of his other rare items. It's all he has ever dropped as far as legendaries, and I've had a better class mod since level 42.

So, I just started playing for the first time and im playing as a Gunzerker. Does anyone have any tips for how I should be dropping my skill points? I feel like gunzerking has been pretty useless to me as I've been rocking shotties and pistols and the firing rate on those kinda go against what I assume to be the fast paced
nature of gunzerking.

Also, does the game pick up eventually? Just arrived at Sanctuary and it really feels like borderlands 1.5 right now. Mind you, I LOVED the first game and even got a platinum in it so it isn't like i don't like the gameplay. Im just wondering if it picks up at all or am I just experiencing borderlands fatigue from havin played so much of the first one.

HoosTrax

Hmm...3 eTech slag pistols my first time using 4 player mod on Terra (all out of the chests, including 2 in the same chest)...interesting.

Good Warrior runs today.

Legendary Impaler shield

Legendary Longbow Electric Leech grenade

Legendary Loaded Hornet corrosive pistol

in like 20 runs.

edit: and now a Legendary Flakker.

Wallach

Good Warrior runs today.

Legendary Impaler shield

Legendary Longbow Electric Leech grenade

Legendary Loaded Hornet corrosive pistol

in like 20 runs.

edit: and now a Legendary Flakker.

Warrior offered up a Volcano to me earlier when we were trying to get a CC for HK-47. Pretty nice sniper, but I don't think it will replace my Lyuda.

All the farming that's being done by you guys... That's in TVHM, right? I mean, I can't go back into my Normal game as a level 43 and farm a Bee shield that will cut it in my TVHM game, can I?

edgefusion

Drop The Bee, Drop The Bee, Drop The Bee, Drop The Bee, Drop The Bee. GODDAMMIT! I've been here for the last 3 hours murdering Hunter Hellquist. He doesn't even drop any decent guns. :'(

Mikeside

So I completed the game (ohh yeah - such a great ride!)
Am now playing through on TVHM and wow.

I've got to Captain Flynt again and he is absolutely kicking my butt.

Love it.

I got my first legendary weapon today, but it kind of stinks.

I also got a DUPLICATE of the legendary grenade mod (Homing Virus) I already found, but it's awesome so I'm okay with a more powerful version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tiny Tina was good, but there are a few instances where even I thought they took it too far and it got unfunny.

edgefusion

Yeah, I thought she was pretty awful. Scooter is still the best, but as far as newcomers go, the Goliath takes the cake.

"Welcome... to diiiii-eeee!" /durr

*PING*

GET ON YOUR GOD DAMNED KNEES!

"Let's make face gravy!"

For some reason it absolutely kills me when they say "How are you?"

+1 on "How are youuuuu?" I've heard it numerous times before, but it just clicked with me now how ridiculous it is.

"Tell my wife... She was a bitch" has probably gotten the biggest chuckle out of me. Also, the side-quest with the
maniac bandit that wants you to shoot him in the face
. That was good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
1) Scooter
2) Patricia
3) Jack
99) Claptrap
100) Tiny Tina

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man, I can't believe how good this game is. Level 29 Commando and just hit the Eridium Blight and it keeps getting better. The last story mission I did (14, I believe) was fantastic. Great bosses, music, and good story development. I've also been getting some badass loot drops as of late. The fact that I played through all of the first, the DLC, then went straight to this the next day and still have no desire to play anything else shows just how perfectly executed the game is. Easily GotY.

I just wish I had gotten the game day 1 since I want to play with you guys some more. I was still playing BL1 at the time (I got it from PS+) and was planning on waiting a few months before jumping into 2.

1) Scooter
2) Patricia
3) Jack
99) Claptrap
100) Tiny Tina
I totally understand Tiny Tina but Claptrap? I love that little guy. I always at least chuckle when he talks.

I thought Scooter was funnier in BL1 and I'm not even sure who Patricia is. Jack is absolutely fantastic and keeps getting better.

"Tell my wife... She was a bitch" has probably gotten the biggest chuckle out of me. Also, the side-quest with the
maniac bandit that wants you to shoot him in the face
. That was good.
Shoot McShooty in the face: ☐
...but not in the arm: ☑
...but not in the leg: ☑
...but not in the chest: ☑

Got a laugh out of me.

Tiny Tina just doesn't work out. I can see what they're doing, a crazy hyperactive teenage girl that incorporates a dozen different dialects is modern and could be funny, but it is just so unconvincing. I think a different VA could pull it off...it sounds like a lot of the incidental dialogue must have been ad-libbed, so if you got the right person in there they could make it work.

EDIT: I like Claptrap, don't really get his hate. He has some pretty funny scenes in here(not the dub-step joke(s), which was a total missed opportunity).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom