• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started THVM with Maya, level 36 right now.

What stats should I be having for my weapons/shields at this point? I feel like I'm already struggling against bandits. Also, the Scavengers are a pain in the ass, one second they don't have a shield, the next they do. Bah!

you playing tvhm right now? just started. lets party!

Just started THVM with Maya, level 36 right now.

What stats should I be having for my weapons/shields at this point? I feel like I'm already struggling against bandits. Also, the Scavengers are a pain in the ass, one second they don't have a shield, the next they do. Bah!

Just started my TVHM with Maya as well, I found my corrosive gear eats through mobs. Paired with those electric or corrosive grenades that have a wide radius it's been pretty smooth sailing. Granted I'm just past meeting Hammerlock.

red731

Easter egg and I guess I am not spoiling story wise.

As I wrote, I use Law pistol and Order shield...
So Law & Order, right?

See that red text? First is in the intro and second is here.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Megasoum

Banned
My biggest issue with the game. These maps don't tell you if something is above or below you. Should have included the different levels on the map.

I've been running in circle around the spot where the quest objective is supposed to be and I can't find it...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My biggest issue with the game. These maps don't tell you if something is above or below you. Should have included the different levels on the map.
Eh, I've only found it to be an issue a handful of times maximum.

Better they should have included level indicators for the blips. They already have them for the objectives, I don't see why not for enemies.

Megasoum

Banned
I know exactly what part you're talking about. It's below you. It's kind of a pain to find though, which is why people often get confused.

There's like an infinite spawn of WAR Loader... I feel like one of the door is supposed to open? I really don't know where to go.

addyb

Just started playing this earlier on the pc. Had it pre loaded and installed on launch but had only just finished borderlands again so left it as didn't want to suffer from burnout.

Only sunk an hour or so into it but just like the original I'm loving it. Seems to be a better variety of guns already at this early stage.

Forgive my ignorance but does this have a play through 2, 2.5 etc like the original.

ckohler

Damnit guys with your stupid abbreviations. Can someone just tell me what "THVM" stands for? I can't follow this conversation.

ckohler

I'm currently level 40 and have started into True Vault Hunter Mode. However, when my friends and I play, they seem always get more experience than I do. I know the game is supposed to balance out experience and give the most to the player with less but I'm noticing that sometimes my friend and I will be nearly identical... we'll play for a few hours.. and then he'll level up when I'm still only halfway. Any idea why this happens? Does he get more experience for headshots or something?

To clarify, I play as Maya using mostly Harmony skills, so I tend to be more of a support character. Does this reduce the amount of experience I get when I play with friends?

Cat Party

I'm currently level 40 and have started into True Vault Hunter Mode. However, when my friends and I play, they seem always get more experience than I do. I know the game is supposed to balance out experience and give the most to the player with less but I'm noticing that sometimes my friend and I will be nearly identical... we'll play for a few hours.. and then he'll level up when I'm still only halfway. Any idea why this happens? Does he get more experience for headshots or something?

To clarify, I play as Maya using mostly Harmony skills, so I tend to be more of a support character. Does this reduce the amount of experience I get when I play with friends?
If you've already done a specific quest, you don't get the experience for beating it a second time with your friends who haven't yet done it. That could certainly explain it.

ckohler

If you've already done a specific quest, you don't get the experience for beating it a second time with your friends who haven't yet done it. That could certainly explain it.

I hadn't thought of that. That's probably it. Another question:

Since I play as Maya and have Life Tap and other skills that drain life from enemies, I tend to put much more into my health than into my shields. I think I'm at around 22,000 life but only around 7000 shields. Do you guys find this to be a good play style? My friends keep saying that shields are more important than health but with all my life-stealing skills I think more health is important. Thoughts?

Darklord

Banned
Fuck this game doesn't end. I still love it and like playing it but I've felt like I'm in the last stretch for like 6 hours now.

Blitzhex

I've been trying to farm the conference call for 3 days now. Loot dropping under the boss's body and lava doesn't help either. I'd pay 4 mill (no idea what it's worth) for one, if anyone is selling.

Insaniac

I've been trying to farm the conference call for 3 days now. Loot dropping under the boss's body and lava doesn't help either. I'd pay 4 mill (no idea what it's worth) for one, if anyone is selling.

why is the conference call so good? I hear it penetrates enemies and its a hyperion so its accuracy is pretty ridiculous, but other than that what else?

Razek

Banned
XP farming:

Found something broken on a new game. I'm probably not the first. Tundra Express Tina Mission Spoilers: So, when you find flesh stick, you can just keep killing him for 2000xp, fail the mission, run back, and reset. If you have 2 people, you can station one at tina and one at flesh stick for massive xp farming.

Edit: He does give less though each level you go past him. So I'd say it's a quick way to get to 20 anyways.

Meier

I read all year stories about 40-50 tries max for The Bee. I figured out it takes me 75 seconds from load to re-load..so I've killed him at least 130 times so far. Managed just 4 blues total and no Bee. This is so dumb, I never would have done this if I had a clue it could be this bad.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I read all year stories about 40-50 tries max for The Bee. I figured out it takes me 75 seconds from load to re-load..so I've killed him at least 130 times so far. Managed just 4 blues total and no Bee. This is so dumb, I never would have done this if I had a clue it could be this bad.

Get used to it, just about every legendary worth having works the same way.

abundant

A team of four lvl 50 Sirens with either the legendary class mod or the slayer class mod breaks this game. We ran through Hero's Pass and slaughtered everything and when one of us went down, someone would use Res and they'd be back in the fight instantly. The combo of Wreck + Chain Reaction + Ruin is extremely useful.

BLU-82

Been farming the god damn warrior for over 6 hours (the 'efficient way') with a guaranteed legendary drop and still haven't got the conference call! argh!!
I got the wrong conference call, millions of heads and the sniper but still not the one I need. god damn.

HoosTrax

Been farming the god damn warrior for over 6 hours (the 'efficient way') with a guaranteed legendary drop and still haven't got the conference call! argh!!
I got the wrong conference call, millions of heads and the sniper but still not the one I need. god damn.
What is the farming method you're referring to? Is it a mod?

Psi

Wait what? What is this?

Looks like I'm done with the game until DLC arrives. Finished twice. Got shit all on the last boss and haven't managed to get a certain shield or anything good enough to take on Terra solo. Maybe a might jump in to co op with some randoms perhaps...

BLU-82

Wait what? What is this?

If you have a save right before facing jack you can duplicate the save multiple times. When you go to select character you will have multiples of your character (one of each save dupe) you select that run the save and kill last boss. When you fight the warrior at this point in the game it is a guaranteed legendary. But still 1 of ten, including heads and all sorts of shitty stuff.
It's better than normal but I have still been running it like this for HOURS and not found conference call =/

:EDIT:

Link for more details on how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqM3YI6kQME&feature=related

Psi

If you have a save right before facing jack you can duplicate the save multiple times. When you go to select character you will have multiples of your character (one of each save dupe) you select that run the save and kill last boss. When you fight the warrior at this point in the game it is a guaranteed legendary. But still 1 of ten, including heads and all sorts of shitty stuff.
It's better than normal but I have still been running it like this for HOURS and not found conference call =/

Thanks, I'll have to keep that in mind for my Mechromancer playthrough. I finished the main quest line on both difficulties a long time ago haha.

Just started my TVHM with Maya as well, I found my corrosive gear eats through mobs. Paired with those electric or corrosive grenades that have a wide radius it's been pretty smooth sailing. Granted I'm just past meeting Hammerlock.

Yeah, I just got to Sanctuary on my second run. The Bullymongs aren't a problem, but all the bandits are giving me issues. There are armored maniacs, most everybody has a shield, so I'm constantly switching between my shock sniper and my fire pistol to take out enemies. I haven't gotten any "great" TVHM weapons yet, I think the highest damage weapon I have is a rocket launcher that does a little over 20k, while my best regular weapon is a sniper at 1800. Didn't bother farming any legendaries before I started because I felt like it'd be too much of a pain in the ass. Hoping it gets better once I get a few quest rewards.

HoosTrax

Video is completely worthless for the first 8 minutes. It's just him messing around, doing a normal Warrior kill, and looking at white loot for minutes.

Anyways, I'll have to remember this for the next character I make.

abundant

Yeah, I just got to Sanctuary on my second run. The Bullymongs aren't a problem, but all the bandits are giving me issues. There are armored maniacs, most everybody has a shield, so I'm constantly switching between my shock sniper and my fire pistol to take out enemies. I haven't gotten any "great" TVHM weapons yet, I think the highest damage weapon I have is a rocket launcher that does a little over 20k, while my best regular weapon is a sniper at 1800. Didn't bother farming any legendaries before I started because I felt like it'd be too much of a pain in the ass. Hoping it gets better once I get a few quest rewards.

Here's a good tip if you need a good fire SMG - you can farm Moxxie's SMG and it levels with you. I'm currently using a lvl 50 version that does 4700 damage and it eats through flesh like crazy, especially when used with Wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom