• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
May be a dumb question but you can get a legendary to spawn multiple times even if you still have your first one on you, right? For instance, if I don't like the Bee I got can I just keep farming Hellquist for it right away or do I have to get rid of the original one first?

RS4-

Man, I've lost a million bucks just on respawning and such lol. Maybe it was a bad idea for me to just steam roll through the story in TVHM and ignore the side stuff.

I think I'm only level 40 and getting owned by Bloodwing.

edit - oh, I quit at the save point in front of Bloodwing, then resumed...at the start of Wild Preservation. Whoops.

Wallach

May be a dumb question but you can get a legendary to spawn multiple times even if you still have your first one on you, right? For instance, if I don't like the Bee I got can I just keep farming Hellquist for it right away or do I have to get rid of the original one first?

You can just keep farming.

Man, I've lost a million bucks just on respawning and such lol. Maybe it was a bad idea for me to just steam roll through the story in TVHM and ignore the side stuff.

edit - oh, I quit at the save point in front of Bloodwing, then resumed...at the start of Wild Preservation. Whoops.

that was one of the worst surprises I got too.

The hours unsuccessfully trying to farm a legendary class mod and a Conference Call have broken me.

BROKEN.

:(

The Wildlife Preservation was so annoying due to that saving issue - always starting at the entrance to the Preservation. Still I found Jimmy Jenkins this way.

I fought Bloodwing solo at about level 21 and I found him easy enough.

Could anyone answer these questions:
I got the Bane weapon but sold it as it was really annoying. Now, all my weapons are making the dumb sounds. Is this a bug or does it stop after awhile?

Also how many weapon 'levels' are there? I've gotten white, green, blue, and purple.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Finally saw Michael Mamaril yesterday! He was hanging out in Marcus' store. Gave me a pretty nice sniper rifle that went directly into my equip slot.
I fought
Bloodwing
solo at about level 21 and I found him easy enough.
First, spoiler marked.

Second, I thought
Bloodwing
was incredibly annoying because he healed to full whenever you died (like all the other bosses do if you're soloing). I could actually take out half or more of his life with just one gunzerk but then he'd one- or two-shot kill me and it was back to the drawing board. Tried it a bunch of times and got nowhere; came back later with a couple of other guys and we absolutely murdered him since we could die and his health wouldn't reset.

BLU-82

Not to the letter, of course. Practicable is probably the best since it gets a total of 6 additional pellets per shot.

Where you're going to see Conference Call destroy other weapons with the Bee is very large targets. For most things, the substantial increase in DPS over other weapons doesn't mean much because any weapon will obliterate most targets with the Bee equipped. Any target that has substantial HP and is big enough to eat all of the pellets consistently is where the CC outperforms everything else.

Holy crap, I just tried it on terramorphous. Downed it in like 12 seconds!
It's so crap against warrior I didn't even think to try it.

Holy crap, I just tried it on terramorphous. Downed it in like 12 seconds!
It's so crap against warrior I didn't even think to try it.

the fuck are you talking about?

you're saying the CONFERENCE CALL is crap against The Warrior? Or did I misread the vein of conversation?

I've never had it do anything but obliterate Warrior. Not sure why it wouldn't do the same for you.

same.

aim for the weak point for massive damage. Warrior is ready to sleep before you empty the first magazine.

HoosTrax

You can keep farming. I think I ended up with 4 Striker shotguns at one time because I was using Old Slappy so much for powerleveling.

Megasoum

Banned
OMG I hate the quest where you need to go to the pump stations in the nexus... I remember hitting a wall in the first playthrough and it's the same in TVHM... Everything is super easy until you get to the pump station where there's suddenly like 10 commando/snipers with rocket launchers that one shot you. ARghhh

probably a long shot but would anyone on PC want to trade this item for a Vladof one around the same level?

Borderlands2 2012-10-08 15-49-07-88.png

dmr87

OMG I hate the quest where you need to go to the pump stations in the nexus... I remember hitting a wall in the first playthrough and it's the same in TVHM... Everything is super easy until you get to the pump station where there's suddenly like 10 commando/snipers with rocket launchers that one shot you. ARghhh

Just did that on my first playthrough, I felt like a bad glass cannon.

Wallach

probably a long shot but would anyone on PC want to trade this item for a Vladof one around the same level?

That's really interesting. I thought Allegiance relics all had the same potential modifiers assigned by manufacturer, but clearly not. My higher level Bandit relic has Damage and Reload Speed. That's the first time I've encountered any variance in relics at all.

BLU-82

the fuck are you talking about?

you're saying the CONFERENCE CALL is crap against The Warrior? Or did I misread the vein of conversation?

same.

aim for the weak point for massive damage. Warrior is ready to sleep before you empty the first magazine.

Yea it's really bizarre it isn't anywhere near as effective as the jacbos shotgun I have. Totally different story with terramorphous. Maybe I'm just not getting the hits properly? I'll try again!

Yea it's really bizarre it isn't anywhere near as effective as the jacbos shotgun I have. Totally different story with terramorphous. Maybe I'm just not getting the hits properly? I'll try again!

shoot at his golden chest plate.

stand right in the middle of the map. every time he surfaces, blow those chest plates off and he runs like a bitch. he'll never get a hit on you. repeat until dead.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That's really interesting. I thought Allegiance relics all had the same potential modifiers assigned by manufacturer, but clearly not. My higher level Bandit relic has Damage and Reload Speed. That's the first time I've encountered any variance in relics at all.

I they increase the stats that the specific manufacturer specializes in.

ckohler

Dumb question, but is there any way to replay a previous side-quest once you've completed it? I was hoping maybe there was a "replay quest" feature that I was missing.

Wallach

I they increase the stats that the specific manufacturer specializes in.

What I mean is, I've only ever seen two stats associated with each manufacturer when it comes to relic bonuses. His has one (fire rate) that I have never seen on the Bandit relics, nor have I ever seen more than two on any other ones. Will need to do more digging to see what the potential modifiers are for each manufacturer or if it's just an anomaly.

abundant

I think I'm only level 40 and getting owned by
Bloodwing.

This is why you don't ignore every side quest in TVHM. That's the point where the difficulty ramps up a lot and the game punishes you if you are under-leveled.

This is why you should never ignore every side quest in TVHM. This is the point where the difficulty ramps up a lot and the game punishes you if you are under-leveled.

honestly, they (Gearbox) should have made a bigger point to mention this. They went out of their way to mention not opening the golden chest until later, so why not mention this issue with side quests in TVHM?

I don't mind re-leveling a new character to 50 to get my level 50 Law...but why should I have to do all of that JUST to get my Law?

Speaking of which, I'll trade a legendary for a level 50 Law to keep me from having to level my Gunzerker (which is kinda boring me) 39 more times.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The Sheriff drops the Law, I think.

Got the law off the sheriff from his pick the criminal mission ... pretty slick version too. 4k+ damage.

Had a Goliath spout something that actually made me laugh earlier -

"Hey! HOW ARE YOU!?"

Best new bad guy - so many lines are right up there with the "Younevahshouldacomehereandnowyourgonnapay!!"

abundant

honestly, they (Gearbox) should have made a bigger point to mention this. They went out of their way to mention not opening the golden chest until later, so why not mention this issue with side quests in TVHM?

Agreed. There's so much confusion about PT 2.5. Like for me - I didn't know that you had to keep the side quests undiscovered/not accept it for them to level up to 50.

Nah, I mean the one in Lynchwood.

well I'll be damned. both drop it.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Law_(Borderlands_2)

though it's a rare drop from the Sheriff of Lynchwood. I'll probably just try to farm her for it I guess. I'd rather play the new DLC character for my next playthrough of the game than the gunzerker. It still sucks, because it's fucking guaranteed from Friedman's mission. If I had known then what I know now, I would be able to save all that time.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Agreed. There's so much confusion about PT 2.5. Like for me - I didn't know that you had to keep the side quests undiscovered for them to level up to 50.

As welcome as those quest mission guns are since you can insure their level via holding off on doing them till your done leveling yourself... i have to believe that the most beastly legendary guns in the game are still drops from the bosses/end game mobs.

I don't want legendary weapons that everyone in the world has... i want special shit that i have to murder scores of folks for before one finally turns up sends me in the a happy-frenzy... like finally finding a Jakobs unforgiven in BL1.

As welcome as those quest mission guns are since you can insure their level via holding off on doing them till your done leveling yourself... i have to believe that the most beastly legendary guns in the game are still drops from the bosses/end game mobs.

I don't want legendary weapons that everyone in the world has... i want special shit that i have to murder scores of folks for before one finally turns up sends me in the a happy-frenzy... like finally finding a Jakobs unforgiven in BL1.

Well it depends on the mission item in question.

For example, the level 50 Infinity Pistol and level 50 flame of the firehawk are perfectly viable items and comparable to any other legendary items.

The level 50 Law makes the Law & Order melee combo much more fun than any other wep/shield combo for a pure melee Zer0 build.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Well it depends on the mission item in question.

For example, the level 50 Infinity Pistol and level 50 flame of the firehawk are perfectly viable items and comparable to any other legendary items.

The level 50 Law makes the Law & Order melee combo much more fun than any other wep/shield combo for a pure melee Zer0 build.

So i had heard... my Law (from the sheriff mission yesterday - level 43) will go with an Order shield of a few levels up rather well - and my melee zero will be an even bigger beast than he is right now ... but at the same time I'm sure if i went online and checked out multiple zero's out there quite a few of them will have this combo. There is an aspect of pride in my character that i lose when the my weapon set/skill tree is identical to 80% of the other Zer0 players out there.

Beast it may be... i'd love find an artifact/class mod combo to go with an even stronger pistol and a crazy spike shield or something ... just something to make me unique.

.... now... that doesn't mean i won't rock that insane melee bump for a hot minute. But i have to believe that with 87bajillion guns and equipment out there the best build for a character can't be a canned item you get from a mission. Say it aint so!

stufte

The proof of the amazing power of homing grenades became apparent to me when I was in fight for your life and out of view of some enemies. I chuck the grenade out a doorway, it rounds a corner out of sight and BOOM! second wind. Love love love these grenades!

Woo-Fu

Banned
I only use the conference call for bosses and sometimes buzzards. I like the minecraft shottie better for most other things. I have a half sniping/full cunning zer0 build it fits with perfectly. Got one for a gunzerker buddy and he doesn't like it at all?

steadfast

Wow. The Ordered Chaos tree is about a million times more interesting than anything they put in the base game.

That actually kind of bums me out.

This Anarchy mechanic sounds kind of interesting. It's a juggling act. No wonder theorycrafters were teased with this class.

not sure I'm understanding Anarchy.

what's the point of +262% gun damage at the cost of -262% gun accuracy? or am I misunderstanding?

I only use the conference call for bosses and sometimes buzzards. I like the minecraft shottie better for most other things. I have a half sniping/full cunning zer0 build it fits with perfectly. Got one for a gunzerker buddy and he doesn't like it at all?

got one what for a buddy? a cc ro a minecraft shotty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom