• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Hi everyone!
I have a few questions that i need to put to rest after searching on google for so long.

1. Finishing the main game quests and side quests for the first time will get you to lvl 50 ?
Because its only reasonable that the last boss will be lvled as high as the lvl cap in the game.
2. If not, you should start true vault hunter mode right away ? After all you allready did all the main and side quests in the game, and theres nothing else but farming to lvl up.
3. Can you replay quests in true vault hunter mode for the sake of farming lvl 50 orange weapons ?
4. If not, after finishing true vault hunter mode, you have another new game + ? Or the game just ends there and you need to start a new character ?

Thanks for the help, but these were just driving me crazy...

1. No, the first playthrough will get you to roughly level 30, give or take a few levels.

2. Yes you can start TVHM, also known as Playthrough 2, right away. It is an all new playthrough, which means you do the whole story again. The enemies pick up from where they left off and there are a few new ones that you don't see in PT1 as well as increased frequency of harder enemies in PT1.

3. You cannot replay quests in TVHM or PT1, you do them once and they are finished. At the end of TVHM you get put back into what's called PT2.5, whereby everything is scaled to 50+ but you don't have to redo the story and side quests. You can only farm oranges dropped by bosses and mobs in the game, not quest oranges.

4. Answered. Once you finish PT2 and get put back into PT2.5 that's pretty much it. You can finish up any sidequests you left unaccepted and they will be bumped to level 50 with level 50 rewards and you can farm bosses.

char0n

Hmmmm speaking of interesting Gaige builds... do some of the secondaries apply to each other and totally offset the weaknesses incurred? Could you make a serious "why aim?" build by going full on into ordered chaos, then have that offset by BFF? Like I can theoretically get a 500 anarchy stock going (giving me 875% bonus to shots that hit), and then have 5/5 close enough giving those missed a 50% chance at hitting at half damage... now is that actual half damage (50% of the weapon base) or half of when they would have hit (so still like 437.5%)? Because if it's the latter that's just crazy.

RS4-

Ugh, I put the Moxxi's Bad Touch inside the bank/safe thing. Come back and its gone lol.

I am way too underleveled. Doing that Sawtooth quest or whatever as a 44 when I should be something like a 46. Granted, it helps to have better weapons but still. Then again, I'm still swapping between a low level Bee (30 something?) and a purple 20k shield.

Unicorn

gaige.png

This is looking absolutely delicious.

Gaige skill tree in looking like a lot of fun. Two Gaige's, and two Axtons could be insane in co op. Looks like Gaige will be fun to experiment with. Stoked to try her out.

I've killed Vermi more times then I can count at this point and have yet to see a single legendary class mod from him. I do however have five different Norfleets. Its an interesting rocket launcher. It fires three energy spheres that have really erratic travel path, but the cool part is the spheres don't have an splash damage on impact instead a field of energy seems to encompass enemies and does damage. The effect applies to anything in the immediate area instead of anything near the point of impact for the projectiles.

Gorillaz

Mission: Animal Recuse: Shelter

Reward: Fast wheelgun 916 damage (fires fast as you pull the trigger)
OR
Reward:Spry Turtle Shield 4832 capacity (high capacity but reduces max health)

I use zero and play melee/close quarters.

Pick one...plz.....HALP

Raxus

Mission: Animal Recuse: Shelter

Reward: Fast wheelgun 916 damage (fires fast as you pull the trigger)
OR
Reward:Spry Turtle Shield 4832 capacity (high capacity but reduces max health)

I use zero and play melee/close quarters.

Pick one...plz.....HALP

Fast Wheelgun easy. If you want neither price then choose the one that sells for the most.

Dizzy-4U

Farmed the last boss for 4 hours to get that damn shotgun. No luck at all. I got some legendary grenade and sniper rifle, but they are terrible. I'm so tired right now...

Unicorn

Melee zer0 is so satisfying... also frustrating.

Been going Roid shield Maya and it is surprisingly nice. Roid damage kicks in in FFYL, so as long as the assholes don't run away I can usually get up just fine.

But, now with my Gaige build idea (posted above) I feel she can fulfill that role a lot better than Maya.

Unicorn

Another sleepless week, I see.

good thing I took 3 naps this past weekend to recover from the previous week or so (It's seriously been a blur).
KuGsj.gif

Jeff-DSA

A King Mong just dropped me an orange weapon. The only other orange I've had was from the slot machines in Moxxi's place. Pretty happy about that one.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
My Axton is lvl 25 on first playthrough. Should I just finish up the story and make my way to PT2? I'm a bit bummed at the lack of good drops in general on the original playthrough. =/

Paertan

My Axton is lvl 25 on first playthrough. Should I just finish up the story and make my way to PT2? I'm a bit bummed at the lack of good drops in general on the original playthrough. =/

Its going to be harder to play alone in playthrough 2. So if you like to take your own time and enjoy the story without someone you don't know rushing to take all quests without hearing the dialog, then do all sidequests and such in PT1 before going to PT2.
I ended up doing almost all of PT1 by myself because of people rushing the game. Still missed some dialog and there is no log =/

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Its going to be harder to play alone in playthrough 2. So if you like to take your own time and enjoy the story without someone you don't know rushing to take all quests without hearing the dialog, then do all sidequests and such in PT1 before going to PT2.
I ended up doing almost all of PT1 by myself because of people rushing the game. Still missed some dialog and there is no log =/

That's no biggie, I don't play with randoms. Just a friend or two.

Jeff-DSA

Sooo....

Tomorrow has Dishonored, X-COM, Retro City Rampage, Code of Princess, The Walking Dead Episode 4, and Gaige.

Holy crap.

Mayyhem

playing solo (no friends to play with) as Zero, and I really am starting to give up on this game. I can't seem to get sucked into it.

I was just playing fine for a period of time and then i hit this Wilhelm boss and literally cannot no matter how i try beat him. Turned off my xbox. probably done with this game :(

playing solo (no friends to play with) as Zero, and I really am starting to give up on this game. I can't seem to get sucked into it.

I was just playing fine for a period of time and then i hit this Wilhelm boss and literally cannot no matter how i try beat him. Turned off my xbox. probably done with this game :(

Did you try knocking out a few side quests to gain some levels? A few levels can make a huge difference.

red731

lvl35 Zer0
Just killed Flynt on TVHM. Still rocking Law & Order. Still kicking so much ass. Dat roid damage.
59hours in the game...
Still as awesome as the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom