• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paertan

Maybe I should buy another game and play on my laptop. If I train hard I might be able to play one game with my feet and one with my hands. Could work

Wunder

Everyone look under your seats, YOU GET A GAIGE AND YOU GET A GAIGE. GAIGES FOR EVERYONE (except those that didn't pre-order)

BLCKATK

Holy crap Gearbox you made October 9th even more awesome than it already was. Dishonored, X-COM, and the 5th Borderlands 2 class. Hell yeah.

Oh god. I might be playing this one the rest of the year.
M
So I've been playing this for about 5hrs or so and I have a question.

Is this game like skyrim where you can just ignore quests and go exploring other places and get quests from them?

You know like discover new areas talk to NPC and do their quests?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
M
So I've been playing this for about 5hrs or so and I have a question.

Is this game like skyrim where you can just ignore quests and go exploring other places and get quests from them?

You know like discover new areas talk to NPC and do their quests?
Nah, you have to do story missions to advance to new areas. Once new areas unlock, you can then find and accept side quests in those areas. It's much more linear than Skyrim is, over all.

the madman

Neo Member
Does anybody know if Gaige non-purchasers will be able to play with Gaige purchasers? I don't have too much interest in playing as her--at least no more than I have in playing the other three classes I haven't touched--but if not buying her means I won't be able to play with those who have bought her and do play as her, I might have to buy it anyway :/

Hope this isn't the case! Not interested in spending $10 on a new character.

Is Legendary ____ from Vermivorous?

The generic Legendary class mods have a than higher normal drop rate from Vermi, but it seems to very rarely show up in loot chest and Zed's vending machines. The Slayer of Terramorphus ones drop from only Terra. The generic ones are far superior to the Terra ones. As an aside I've probably killed Vermi 20+ times and I've only seen the one legendary class mod.

Wallach

Does anybody know if Gaige non-purchasers will be able to play with Gaige purchasers? I don't have too much interest in playing as her--at least no more than I have in playing the other three classes I haven't touched--but if not buying her means I won't be able to play with those who have bought her and do play as her, I might have to buy it anyway :/

Hope this isn't the case! Not interested in spending $10 on a new character.

I'm sure you will be able to join games with players using Gaige even if you don't buy the DLC.

Theman2k

1. No, the first playthrough will get you to roughly level 30, give or take a few levels.

2. Yes you can start TVHM, also known as Playthrough 2, right away. It is an all new playthrough, which means you do the whole story again. The enemies pick up from where they left off and there are a few new ones that you don't see in PT1 as well as increased frequency of harder enemies in PT1.

3. You cannot replay quests in TVHM or PT1, you do them once and they are finished. At the end of TVHM you get put back into what's called PT2.5, whereby everything is scaled to 50+ but you don't have to redo the story and side quests. You can only farm oranges dropped by bosses and mobs in the game, not quest oranges.

4. Answered. Once you finish PT2 and get put back into PT2.5 that's pretty much it. You can finish up any sidequests you left unaccepted and they will be bumped to level 50 with level 50 rewards and you can farm bosses.

Thanks!! It was driving me crazy.

So its better to farm up to lvl 50, so that on pt2 you will get quest oranges ? Or it will take forever to do so, and youll be left with bosses farming ?

By the way, on pt2.5 you can farm bosses you allready killed in quests?

Last question, when you finish pt2, and pt1 its allready gone to new game + ? Or you do you need each time to select it from the main menu ?

And again a big thank you for your help!!

mandiller

I've just finished my first playthrough and I've been farming the end boss a few times. I've found some awesome shotguns but not much else.

Can anyone tell me which of these is best? I've found the conference call absolutely tears through the final boss in just a few shots, but I can't place why it's so powerful compared to the others.

4eGzU.jpg

SUb2e.jpg

LkjtJ.jpg

BigDug13

Low magazine size Jakobs Shotgun with Order and Chaos..

Yep.. *drool* :)

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. I was trying to remember what guns had like no shots and a single shot Jacobs is perfect to get some stacks without burning through the ammo, then change guns.

Wunder

I've just finished my first playthrough and I've been farming the end boss a few times. I've found some awesome shotguns but not much else.

Can anyone tell me which of these is best? I've found the conference call absolutely tears through the final boss in just a few shots, but I can't place why it's so powerful compared to the others.

4eGzU.jpg

Damn, so lucky. I've been farming the end boss for a few hours last night and today and no luck with the conf call. The Red text on it means that the pellets will create additional pellets on the side, quadrupling the pellet count.

Red text is what differentiates the Conference Call from those regular shotguns, it has a special property that those regular shotguns do not have. The red text is kind of obtuse, generally you need to check out online what they mean/what the added effect is.

Let's just ping everyone at once. – Conference Call: Low-pellet-count, high-damage shotgun with small spread. Additional pellets will fire from the sides and behind out of thin air, quadrupling the pellet count for a massive amount of hits (Drops from the Warrior)

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Borderlands_2

Personally I would save Legendary farming for playthrough 2.5, then every weapon will be level 50.

mandiller

Damn, so lucky. I've been farming the end boss for a few hours last night and today and no luck with the conf call. The Red text on it means that the pellets will create additional pellets on the side, quadrupling the pellet count.

So it's in effect 461x20 damage? Nice. No wonder the end boss goes down so quickly. I've only beaten him four times so far and I'd gotten those drops (the conference call was on the first time I beat him). I feel bad for you guys now though :(

Raide

Argh. Pre-ordered 360 version but picked up a bargain priced PC DD Version which runs like delicious eye-candy. Any idea how PC users get the DLC?

Xanathus

The whole thing about not doing side-quests and farming until 50 is pretty dumb TBH if you actually stop and think about it. Once you're at 50, you've already finished the game and most likely any challenging enemy in the game except Terra and Verm so what's the point of accumulating an arsenal of orange stuff that won't actually be used? It makes far more sense to farm playthrough 1 for gear that you can use to twink new characters. Getting stuff at 50 for DLC that increases the level cap also doesn't make sense since the higher leveled drops will have bigger numbers anyway.

KAOz

Short bus special
Trying to get the Conference Call to drop. Fucking pain in the ass. Tearing through the end boss in about a minute at level 50, but can't get it to drop at all. Fucking damnit!

Been spending hours on it.

Wunder

Trying to get the Conference Call to drop. Fucking pain in the ass. Tearing through the end boss in about a minute at level 50, but can't get it to drop at all. Fucking damnit!

Been spending hours on it.

Me too man. Most I've found are shotguns that kill it faster. Got him down to about 3 pop-ups, including the death appearance.

eek5

The whole thing about not doing side-quests and farming until 50 is pretty dumb TBH if you actually stop and think about it. Once you're at 50, you've already finished the game and most likely any challenging enemy in the game except Terra and Verm so what's the point of accumulating an arsenal of orange stuff that won't actually be used? It makes far more sense to farm playthrough 1 for gear that you can use to twink new characters. Getting stuff at 50 for DLC that increases the level cap also doesn't make sense since the higher leveled drops will have bigger numbers anyway.

I think the worst part is you're farming basically to collect since you've beaten everything already but you don't even have enough bank slots to store everything so there is no point in even farming after a certain point. lol

ace3skoot

yeah but you got to realise dlc is coming as well as the raising of the level cap. all this farming will be good....for about 4 extra levels :p

They've gotta add some farmable alternatives to certain quest reward items.

Either that or re-open every sidequest upon completing the game and making playthrough 2.5 (with all wetsuits open) a state that you can return the game to at any time in order to farm quest items

Majukun

so the mechromancer's development time passed from "90-to-60 days after release",to "60 days,maybe less" to just around three weeks?

herod

so the mechromancer's development time passed from "90-to-60 days after release",to "60 days,maybe less" to just around three weeks?

google says it went gold on 21st August, would have been in platform holder approval before that date too.

tatsuki

Just found a lvl 50, Anyone want my lvl 48? PS3 version. Too be more clear... You can just have it. I'm not looking for anything in return.
iqmsg7V7JQdI2.png

iGgLQi9A6k8JH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom