• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Gaige was there from the start, I prolly would have used her as my 'main'. :( Sounds fun.

Wont be re-playing the game again for awhile so I wont be able to play her much now.

Insaniac

Well, because of all this talk of nerfing The Bee, I decided to farm my own for novelty sake, and ended up with this after about 10 minutes:

LwcpJ.jpg

Not sure how it compares stat wise normally to other "Bees" but I like the burn immunity.

Unless they scale the DLC around having The Bee (Which I highly doubt would ever happen) I hope they nerf the hell out of it. I can already imagine hoping into co-op and everyone else having the bee equip and killing everything in seconds... no fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Unless they scale the DLC around having The Bee (Which I highly doubt would ever happen) I hope they nerf the hell out of it. I can already imagine hoping into co-op and everyone else having the bee equip and killing everything in seconds... no fun.
Yeah there is zero chance of that happening, or them scaling Terramorphous on one piece of loot.

Drek

I'm really curious to see just how the drastic dip in accuracy affects Ordered Chaos builds. It's definitely a bold step they're taking with it, the whole tree feels like it practically forgets that Deathtrap is there and focuses Gaige around this totally new Anarchy mechanic. But what good is all that damage if you can't hit anybody?

I'd be curious to see how this works if you paired it with a Hyperion SMG.

Zero accuracy doesn't mean you can't hit anything, just that you're in full spray and pray mode.

If you top it out though she also becomes a monster melee character.

Think about this though: If you take Discord and open up with a premature reload you're working with more accuracy than you started with for your first 37 ranks of Anarchy. With Rational Anarchist you jump up to 25 stacks of Anarchy immediately, which means you get to play with 12 kills/reloads with more accuracy than you started with and a damage bonus of 43.75% to 64.75%. That's a pretty beastly run that will effectively work as a kill skill.

You could then reset with a mid-clip reload and burn a clip or get a kill to start that cycle again.

Or if you're fighting enemies that want to close you can just empty clips with impunity and spray them with damage.

Picture a equipment setup where you use a very high fire rate SMG or Assault Rifle with a relatively small clip for anarchy ranks 25-37 that you reload mid-clip in most combat, but when facing a big fight or melee enemies you get to 37, switch to a very small clip, fast reload shotgun with a high number of pellets. Then just hose down everything in sight followed by a few melee attacks.

The later part makes The Nth Degree pretty awesome too, because any kind of high quantity scatter gun would turn into a ricochet nightmare, making up for the absolute lack of accuracy.

It could be a REALLY interesting build, maybe even crazy OP with the right gear.

MrDaravon

Wow, absolutely zero interest in Gaige now. She has virtually no skills that I would want to take. Incredibly super disappointing to me, but that could just be my playstyle. Unless there's achievements associated with her I'm not going to even bother with her now.

Salih

fighting the endboss with a group of four for twenty minutes straight. hoster kicks everyone out on the verge of killing him.

nice.

Wow, absolutely zero interest in Gaige now. She has virtually no skills that I would want to take. Incredibly super disappointing to me, but that could just be my playstyle. Unless there's achievements associated with her I'm not going to even bother with her now.

This is how I feel, sadly.

Really disappointing, considering how much I was looking forward to playing as her.

FrankT

Maybe a patch that adds/fixes a lot of stuff.

They need to. Thinking my issue was saving to the cloud and for some reason it wasn't syncing right today. Easily lost a million or so today I believe.

Great game but they need to do some serious fixing.

BigDug13

I see a lot of people picking up 5/5 in More Pep. Keep in mind that it works like Maya's Flicker skill of which she gets a 30% greater chance for ALL elemental damage. It doesn't add straight 30% to what the gun says. It is 30% of the gun's % chance.

In other words, if I have a gun with 20% chance to deal fire damage and I have 5/5 flicker giving 30% chance bonus, I'm not getting 50% chance now. I'm only getting 26% chance. So for 5 points, I gained a 6% chance to deal elemental damage.

Now look at Gaige. 5/5 More Pep gives 10% bonus to all element chance and 20% chance to electrical.

So take that same 20% fire SMG. Now instead of 20%, you're getting 22% chance. You spent 5 points to add 2% chance. If it's 20% chance for electrical, then you gain 4% to make it a 24% chance.

Hardly seems worth 5 points. Just make yourself aware that that is how Borderlands math works.

Also, they really need to change the controls with Anarchy or a lot of people are going to lose Anarchy stacks by looting items. I seem to reload all the time when looting. Premature reloading loses all stacks of Anarchy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought Gaige's skill trees were going to result in being different styles of augmentation to your robot, maybe he could fly, maybe he could create agro and be specced as a tank, maybe he could function primarily for defence, etc.

I think I may play through the second time with Maya instead TBH.

Wallach

They need to. Thinking my issue was saving to the cloud and for some reason it wasn't syncing right today. Easily lost a million or so today I believe.

Great game but they need to do some serious fixing.

To be honest I think that's more of a Steam Cloud issue. I had multiple save sync failures that resulted in lost progress when I had that shit turned on before BL2 ever came out. I'd recommend turning it off until Valve gets around to making it suck less. Otherwise you can backup your local save manually and try putting it back if the cloud fucks it up again.

They haven't specified, but besides it being pretty generally overpowered it's actually broken and is supposed to have a more significant drawback that apparently doesn't work. My guess is that the amp drain was actually supposed to be some fraction of the total shield - possibly the entire base shield value - and the high recharge rate and absurd damage bonus were to offset that.

They will also likely change how amp damage is calculated so that shotguns (and other scatterguns) don't get so much more out of it than all the other weapon types.

if they want to nerf the bee, all they have to do is raise the average recharge delay. Nothing would make me retire the bee faster than 18k shields AND 5 second recharge delay.

Wallach

if they want to nerf the bee, all they have to do is raise the average recharge delay. Nothing would make me retire the bee faster than 18k shields AND 5 second recharge delay.

I'm sure they're quite more worried about the effect it has on bosses than general enemies, where the delay matters a lot less. I would be very surprised if it does not have an amp drain post-patch, even if it is only a drain of 1.

I'm sure they're quite more worried about the effect it has on bosses than general enemies, where the delay matters a lot less. I would be very surprised if it does not have an amp drain post-patch, even if it is only a drain of 1.
so less amp damage on each hit/with each trigger pull for a period of time?

seems reasonable.

If I had to guess they will probably cut the amp damage in half and make the effect only apply to each trigger pull and not to each projectile.

I see a lot of people complaining about Gaige, no idea why, I see so much potential, that Chaos tree is nuts.

There's a lot of potential in all of the trees. The fact that electric damage has no penalty when applied to armored and unshielded enemies is a big deal. Its basically the catch all element. Now if only they would make an electric version of the Hellfire.

Wallach

so less amp damage on each hit/with each trigger pull for a period of time?

seems reasonable.

Well, normal amp damage shields only work when the shield is actually at maximum; you could get more than 1 per average shield delay rate with any skills that caused you to gain shields, I suppose.

Edgeward

hmm, unsure whether to go all the way down the Little Big Trouble Tree or Ordered Chaos. Probably the former as it would be a change of pace from my Zerker.

metalshade

I am wondering what happens with Anarchy if you use the infinity pistol, does it get massively OP, or does it not activate at all?

Uncle AJ

gaige.png

I'll echo some sentiments from this thread earlier about how the accuracy debuff of Anarchy sounds like a huge turnoff, mainly because I enjoy sniping the most. This build seems like a great way to let Deathtrap handle most of your close-range dirty work (and some mid-range too, depending on how far Explosive Clap and The Stare reach) while I sit back and support him with long-range kills.

Just thinking about Sharing is Caring - Imagine what a strong Nova shield will be like. You'll turn Deathtrap into a mobile elemental bomb.

This is also something worth considering. I never even tried a Spike shield on myself, the concept just sounded too risky and situational, but on DT it could be fantastic.

metalshade

I imagine it activates on kills still, but never with reloads.

What I meant was, would it consider that EVERY shot you fire would then have a reload after it, therefore you stack the reload bonus superfast?
I know that the Infinity does not seem to have a reload, but I was just wondering if the game would register it as such?
Edit: Which would also make shock and AAAGGGGHHH! pretty awesome too.

Probably wont work like that, but I can dream!

metalshade

on 1920x1080 anyone else thinks it starts to fish eye at 90 FOV?

As soon as I booted the game the first time I immediately cranked the FOV to max, and yeah, for the first hour or so everything looked really...weird, but I soon got used to it.
I have played over 150 hours now, and everytime I boot it for the first play of the day I got a moment of weirdness, till my eyes settle back in.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just discovered all of the locations, just one more side mission left to do and then it's time to start my second playthrough with my Siren and max her out!

Theman2k

Hi everyone!
I have a few questions that i need to put to rest after searching on google for so long.

1. Finishing the main game quests and side quests for the first time will get you to lvl 50 ?
Because its only reasonable that the last boss will be lvled as high as the lvl cap in the game.
2. If not, you should start true vault hunter mode right away ? After all you allready did all the main and side quests in the game, and theres nothing else but farming to lvl up.
3. Can you replay quests in true vault hunter mode for the sake of farming lvl 50 orange weapons ?
4. If not, after finishing true vault hunter mode, you have another new game + ? Or the game just ends there and you need to start a new character ?

Thanks for the help, but these were just driving me crazy...

Wunder

Gaige seems so weird. So many 0/1 skills and a departure from how stuff is tiered. I like it though, but Ordered Chaos seems really weird, especially Discord and Anarchy to an extent.

senahorse

I am playing a character through with a buddy, because of our limited and often conflicting schedules we only play this certain character when we are both on.

Using the app on PC I can trick the game into thinking there are 4 players which seems to up the difficulty but the drop rate/item quality didn't seem to change (played about 3 hours like this).

Is it worth bothering continuing like this or is the drop chance negligible?

Hearing this from one of the staff makes me feel even more confident that I was on the right track with my Shotgun-anarchy build earlier. Maybe I actually will give it a shot now!

I don't know about anybody else, but with the exception of the conference call I tend to be right on top of an enemy when I use a shotgun. I'd imagine that a shotgun would be perfect for Gaige Order Chaos build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom