• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heading to work, so I'm glad other people will be the guinea pigs for me regarding the update. I'm starting to get a lot of purple weaponry. Only level 16 but I just picked up a sick tediore pistol, during the dam fine rescue mission I picked up a monster corrosive sub machine gun which came in handy to be sure. Otherwise I've got a pretty decent arsenal overall. Without ky turret I think I would feel weaker, but for now I'm ok.

Also, its fucking depressing when you find a monster gun and it handles like shit. I found a blue shock smg that seemed too good to be true, and it was. Hip fire or otherwise it shot more wildly than Michael j fox after a coke binge. I sold it qs quick as possible.

Just booted it up to briefly check out Gaige. Her default colour scheme looks desaturated to what I expected, but I saw Cool Cool Cool and Streets Ahead among her other choices. Nice. :p

RS4-

I don't know if I want to exit my current game if the Bee is patched haha. If it is, I might as well try and go for it now at level 45.

Type2

If anyone wants to play dual mecromancers(or just make another character with me) ill be home around 6pm PST to start a new playthrough.
Steam: hatemehnow

Looking forward to reading some opinions of the class here when I get home from work !

FrankT

If anybody has an extra Bee on 360 or any other legendary Rifles or Snipers they want to offload tonight I'm all in. Dupe I don't care either way.

Should hit 50 tonight. Probably on after 7CST

Friend me:
gt: jtyettis1

So once I beat it a second time I can just go anywhere and the mobs will be 49-52?

I got quite a few legendarys off the warrior at 35 so hopefully the same the second time around. Some in Lynchwood as well. Definitely looking to hit some other bosses as well.

Edit: Deathtrap looks sick.

Why I got to be at work yo.

tatsuki

263MB Update on PS3, Still no Gaige. Went and killed the Warrior and Terramorphous right after the update finished. Nothing seems to have changed with the bee/cc combo.

Blitzhex

Community/TV references :p
796B356F19C2E7B5D90F769FCCDFCA10BC4A2969

ZeroCoin

Does anyone know patch notes or is it just the extra character?

From the gearbox forums....

PC Notes
Update v1.1.0
(Released 10/9/2012)
- Fixed some cases where the Logitech G19 screen would show incorrect information for the friends list.
- Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
- Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player's backpack than is actually there.
- Fixed the favorite/trash icons in the inventory sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
- Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
- Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
- Fixed the "has abandoned your struggle!" message sometimes appearing with no player name.
- Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client.
- Fixed a rare crash when trying to select a menu item with the keyboard after playing the game with a gamepad.
- Added "(undiscovered)" entries to the challenge log for challenges that the player has not yet found.
- Fixed a rare crash in the launcher related to using a gamepad.
- Fixed client players sometimes seeing fired bullets fly off in random directions.
- Fixed a blocker in the "Do No Harm" quest. This fix prevents the bug and corrects the issue for any character hit by this bug.
- Fixed a case where players were sometimes being sent back to the main menu after their online status changed when playing a LAN game.
- Fixed a case where shields that reduce the player's health were sometimes not showing how much health they reduce.
- The inventory screen will no longer jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
- Fixed a case where clients and servers would sometimes see different fast-travel stations available to them.
- Fixed a bug that could cause challenges to re-complete all 5 tiers over and over again.
- Fixed players who have lost access to their 3rd or 4th weapon slot erroneously.
- Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they're trading the same number of items with each other.

PS3 Notes
10/19/12 Update
- Fixed an issue where a mission's level would sometimes reset to a lower level when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue with stacking skill icons not correctly refreshing in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where a client would sometimes hear a high-pitched distorted sound when respawning in a 4-player game.
- Fixed the player sometimes getting stuck on a long loading screen or infinite black screen when trying to travel quickly after entering some areas.
- Fixed red loot chests only spawning certain types of items.
- Corrected spawn rate of Michael Mamaril in Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug where clients would occasionally crash when trying to join a server.
- Fixed some low framerate issues that would sometimes occur in splitscreen.
- Fixed a microphone icon sometimes showing up incorrectly for splitscreen players.

360 Notes
10/19/12 Update
- Fixed an issue where a mission's level would sometimes reset to a lower level when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue with stacking skill icons not correctly refreshing in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where a client would sometimes hear a high-pitched distorted sound when respawning in a 4-player game.
- Fixed the player sometimes getting stuck on a long loading screen or infinite black screen when trying to travel quickly after entering some areas.
- Fixed red loot chests only spawning certain types of items.
- Fixed a bug where clients would occasionally crash when trying to join a server.
- Fixed controller vibration sometimes persisting indefinitely in splitscreen games.

galvatron

I just turned vibration off on 360 so it made it not so annoying.

Never got that gun, but I got constant pulsing vibrations with my level 9 commando in my last play session. Maybe other items do that too?

EDIT: Ah, right there in the patch notes above my post.

So..an interesting glitch is happening to me right now:

My real Badass Rank is around 13k.

I'm farming the last boss like usual and all of a sudden, I see all these challenges pop up...challenges I've already done. So I look at the menu and I first see my Badass Rank at 30k/125 token.

I continue to play to see if I can figure out what the hell is happening and about a 30 seconds later, I decide to check my rank again and now it's at 60k/274 tokens.

I quit the game without saving (dashboard) and load up my character once again. Ok..everything seems normal. Maybe it was a one time thing...nope. It's happening once again, lol.

Before I started to farm (and before this glitch started to happen..as far as I know) I went to make a new character (Gaige) just so I could take a screenshot of her and post it here. (i already had a save with Gaige that I made at around 6am just to test her out a bit). I start a new game, skip the first scene and when it gives you the menu to choose your character, I take a picture of her (the picture I posted a few posts above), I quit and decide to play my Siren. This is when I noticed things were messed up.

EDIT: This morning, I made a copy of my saves on my usb (before I noticed this glitch) just to be on the safe side. I decided to load this save to see if it changes anything.

The glitch isn't happening anymore but as soon as I load this save, my Badass Rank now starts at 30502, with 125 tokens to spend.

Has anyone heard of this glitch before? I enjoy playing my games legit and it sucks to know this rank will stay like this forever. I guess on the bright side, I'm happy this kind of glitch happened instead of the game save deleting glitch. If I lost my saves, I don't know if I would have the motivation to go through the game again.

Hey should I bother with all the side quests in my first playthrough if ive just beaten the main quests? Or should I save them for AFTER TVHM- the mode AFTER TVHM? Thanks in advance!,
Anyone? Can't decide if I should bother with side quests on the first play through or if I should just jump into TVHM. I know I need to save all the side quests on TVHM for after I beat TVHM but what about during my first play through? Does it even matter?

derder

I'm farming the last boss like usual and all of a sudden, I see all these challenges pop up...challenges I've already done. So I look at the menu and I first see my Badass Rank at 30k/125 token.

I continue to play to see if I can figure out what the hell is happening and about a 30 seconds later, I decide to check my rank again and now it's at 60k/274 tokens.

I quit the game without saving (dashboard) and load up my character once again. Ok..everything seems normal. Maybe it was a one time thing...nope. It's happening once again, lol.

Before I started to farm (and before this glitch started to happen..as far as I know) I went to make a new character (Gaige) just so I could take a screenshot of her and post it here. (i already had a save with Gaige that I made at around 6am just to test her out a bit). I start a new game, skip the first scene and when it gives you the menu to choose your character, I take a picture of her (the picture I posted a few posts above), I quit and decide to play my Siren. This is when I noticed things were messed up.

EDIT: This morning, I made a copy of my saves on my usb (before I noticed this glitch) just to be on the safe side. I decided to load this save to see if it changes anything.

The glitch isn't happening anymore but as soon as I load this save, my Badass Rank now starts at 30502, with 125 tokens to spend.

Has anyone heard of this glitch before? I enjoy playing my games legit and it sucks to know this rank will stay like this forever. I guess on the bright side, I'm happy this kind of glitch happened instead of the game save deleting glitch. If I lost my saves, I don't know if I would have the motivation to go through the game again.

Yeah, that's a great glitch to have TBH.

PS3 notes

I noticed that after the santuary change he has been mia. Maybe I can find him now.

MrDaravon

PS3 notes

I noticed that after the santuary change he has been mia. Maybe I can find him now.

He was always supposed to have only a 10% spawn rate, but at launch there was a bug where pre-Sanctuary "change" he had a 100% (?) spawn rate in error. Him being a rare spawn for you after the change is actually correct.

PS3 notes

He was never supposed to spawn EVERY time you were in Sanctuary.

Post Sanctuary change was his correct spawn rate, and I'm sure they changed it to the same spawn rate pre-Sanctuary change.

Akkad

Banned
It's not on XBLM? I thought it was just pre orders got it free, not "got it at all".

I'm on PC, I got the game free when I bought an nvidia card so I don't get the DLC.

edit : Wait, I just checked Steam and it says I already own the mechromancer pack.

edit 2: I start the game and she's not there, but Steam says I already own it, WTF?

ckohler

Hmm.. The patch removed the health increase/decrease stat display from shields. Why? Now I can't compare which turtle or adaptive shield is better. It still says "Increases Your Max Health" but no longer says by how much. :(

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Wait, misread. You can play with them.

It won't let me for some reason -- says that my friend or I need the same download pack as the other. Apparently this happened to my friend before with someone else and that other person deleted the Gaige DLC and was able to play with him.

I've had the exact same problem occur just minutes ago. I only bought the game yesterday and was Badass level 120 (I believe), just outside of Sanctuary. I saved the game and quit, because I'm reading this while playing and have heard of saves being deleted so went to back it up and as I turned it on I jumped to badass rank 130. I thought it was an error so quit without saving and now I'm at Badass Rank 135. I don't know if I just earned all of the ranks and it didn't update correctly but because the number changed each time appears to me as if I've the same glitch, albeit to a much lesser extent.

And on that note, why do you need Xbox Live Gold to redeem Shift Codes? I'm not playing online so why is it restricted (I've never seen this type of restriction before which is why I'm curious)?

EDIT: Also, does anybody think it's worth starting over to pick the Mechromancer from a Siren? I've not put in a lot of time with Maya (Level 9) so does anybody feel that Gaige is worth being for a first playthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom