• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Hmmm. Ignored that Michael's supposed to be rare. I got the game yesterday and played with a friend and he was in Sanctuary already.

Downloading the 263MB patch on PS3 right now.

Game's awesome. Posted earlier about how I never played the first one and tried it because of PS Plus. Glad I decided to use it as a demo of sorts so I can spend more time in #2. Got the save file colors/unlock too. :)

Wunder

Hey GAF!

Just reached about level 7/8 with Gaige and thought I'd post my quick thoughts on the Ordered Chaos tree and Gaige in general. Obviously this is really early into the game but thanks to the 1 point in Anarchy I managed to experiment with some stuff.

• I don't think DT can gain Anarchy stacks for you
  • It is very hard to keep anarchy stacks. If you enter FFYL you start bleeding stacks really fast, even while getting ressed.
  • Brand choice starts to matter a lot, I stupidly picked up a Tediore and realized I cannot utilize its special ability.
  • DT is really awesome. It mainly melees but because it can hover/fly it is as proficient in the art of killing as Axton's Sabre.
  • DT has about a 60s uptime and 60s cd, it has a HP bar and a timer so you can prematurely lose your DT. The CD pops when DT disappears, and there is no way to purposely disengage DT like Axton's Sabre

Overall Gaige feels like a combo between Axton and Maya, with a bit of melee thrown in. She even has the same line as Axton for a res: "Whoa, do you work out?" with the female VA obviously. She feels good though, quite powerful and of course I haven't tried the other skill trees or even gone far in with Ordered Chaos.

Just thought I'd throw in my first hour with her!

EDIT: Changed first point to an "I don't think", I saw DT killing stuff and me not gaining stacks but I was in a 2-player co-op game so it could have just been a fluke.

Hey GAF!

Just reached about level 7/8 with Gaige and thought I'd post my quick thoughts on the Ordered Chaos tree and Gaige in general. Obviously this is really early into the game but thanks to the 1 point in Anarchy I managed to experiment with some stuff.

• [*]DT cannot gain Anarchy stacks for you
  • It is very hard to keep anarchy stacks. If you enter FFYL you start bleeding stacks really fast, even while getting ressed.
  • Brand choice starts to matter a lot, I stupidly picked up a Tediore and realized I cannot utilize its special ability.
  • DT is really awesome. It mainly melees but because it can hover/fly it is as proficient in the art of killing as Axton's Sabre.
  • DT has about a 60s uptime and 60s cd, it has a HP bar and a timer so you can prematurely lose your DT. The CD pops when DT disappears, and there is no way to purposely disengage DT like Axton's Sabre

Overall Gaige feels like a combo between Axton and Maya, with a bit of melee thrown in. She even has the same line as Axton for a res: "Whoa, do you work out?" with the female VA obviously. She feels good though, quite powerful and of course I haven't tried the other skill trees or even gone far in with Ordered Chaos.

If that's true its probably a bug. Since AFAIK Axton's turret triggers all his kill skills.

Hey GAF!

• DT cannot gain Anarchy stacks for you

How does the lost accuracy feel over time?

Wunder

How does the lost accuracy feel over time?

Very depressing. I have actually managed to never reload my guns, even though I am a chronic reloader (I reload all tediores like normal guns, even after combat) but because of the lost accuracy, I find myself leaning to shotguns a lot more and thus putting me in more of a dangerous situation. It's a give and take but I'm seeing the appeal of Discord more and more.

Very depressing. I have actually managed to never reload my guns, even though I am a chronic reloader (I reload all tediores like normal guns, even after combat) but because of the lost accuracy, I find myself leaning to shotguns a lot more and thus putting me in more of a dangerous situation. It's a give and take but I'm seeing the appeal of Discord more and more.
Thanks for the impressions. Think I'll stick to my original plan of using the first 2 trees.

Pompadour

I'm farming the last boss like usual and all of a sudden, I see all these challenges pop up...challenges I've already done. So I look at the menu and I first see my Badass Rank at 30k/125 token.

I continue to play to see if I can figure out what the hell is happening and about a 30 seconds later, I decide to check my rank again and now it's at 60k/274 tokens.

Has anyone heard of this glitch before? I enjoy playing my games legit and it sucks to know this rank will stay like this forever. I guess on the bright side, I'm happy this kind of glitch happened instead of the game save deleting glitch. If I lost my saves, I don't know if I would have the motivation to go through the game again.

This is happening to me as well. All of the "Heal Plz" challenges continually repeat sometimes when I take damage. I also completed all 5 ranks of Gunslinger the first time I threw a Tediore gun.

I'm curious if there's a cap for stat boosts. I'm up to 600k Badass rank and eventually I had around 800 tokens acquired solely through the glitch. Right now my stat boosts are all around 25%. If this continues and there's no stat cap I can theoretically one shot Terramorphous with a level 1 pistol eventually.

Lima

This is happening to me as well. All of the "Heal Plz" challenges continually repeat sometimes when I take damage. I also completed all 5 ranks of Gunslinger the first time I threw a Tediore gun.

I'm curious if there's a cap for stat boosts. I'm up to 600k Badass rank and eventually I had around 800 tokens acquired solely through the glitch. Right now my stat boosts are all around 25%. If this continues and there's no stat cap I can theoretically one shot Terramorphous with a level 1 pistol eventually.

There is no cap to the Badass rank so you will continue to get tokens.

There seems to be a reduction in the percentage points it give though. Everything I normally pick for Badass ranks only gives me .3% now and I bet it goes down to .1% at some point.

Unicorn

Any kind GAFfer want to PM me a month trial of gold? Mine that came with the system is about to expire, if it hasn't already

MrDaravon

Hmm.. The patch removed the health increase/decrease stat display from shields. Why? Now I can't compare which turtle or adaptive shield is better. It still says "Increases Your Max Health" but no longer says by how much. :(

Wait, what? Why would they do this?

any patch notes yet?

Yes they were posted a page or two back.

From the gearbox forums....

PC Notes
Quote:
Update v1.1.0
(Released 10/9/2012)
- Fixed some cases where the Logitech G19 screen would show incorrect information for the friends list.
- Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
- Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player's backpack than is actually there.
- Fixed the favorite/trash icons in the inventory sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
- Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
- Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
- Fixed the "has abandoned your struggle!" message sometimes appearing with no player name.
- Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client.
- Fixed a rare crash when trying to select a menu item with the keyboard after playing the game with a gamepad.
- Added "(undiscovered)" entries to the challenge log for challenges that the player has not yet found.
- Fixed a rare crash in the launcher related to using a gamepad.
- Fixed client players sometimes seeing fired bullets fly off in random directions.
- Fixed a blocker in the "Do No Harm" quest. This fix prevents the bug and corrects the issue for any character hit by this bug.
- Fixed a case where players were sometimes being sent back to the main menu after their online status changed when playing a LAN game.
- Fixed a case where shields that reduce the player's health were sometimes not showing how much health they reduce.
- The inventory screen will no longer jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
- Fixed a case where clients and servers would sometimes see different fast-travel stations available to them.
- Fixed a bug that could cause challenges to re-complete all 5 tiers over and over again.
- Fixed players who have lost access to their 3rd or 4th weapon slot erroneously.
- Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they're trading the same number of items with each other.

PS3 Notes
Quote:
10/19/12 Update
- Fixed an issue where a mission's level would sometimes reset to a lower level when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue with stacking skill icons not correctly refreshing in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where a client would sometimes hear a high-pitched distorted sound when respawning in a 4-player game.
- Fixed the player sometimes getting stuck on a long loading screen or infinite black screen when trying to travel quickly after entering some areas.
- Fixed red loot chests only spawning certain types of items.
- Corrected spawn rate of Michael Mamaril in Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug where clients would occasionally crash when trying to join a server.
- Fixed some low framerate issues that would sometimes occur in splitscreen.
- Fixed a microphone icon sometimes showing up incorrectly for splitscreen players.

360 Notes
Quote:
10/19/12 Update
- Fixed an issue where a mission's level would sometimes reset to a lower level when loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue with stacking skill icons not correctly refreshing in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where a client would sometimes hear a high-pitched distorted sound when respawning in a 4-player game.
- Fixed the player sometimes getting stuck on a long loading screen or infinite black screen when trying to travel quickly after entering some areas.
- Fixed red loot chests only spawning certain types of items.
- Corrected spawn rate of Michael Mamaril in Sanctuary.
- Fixed a bug where clients would occasionally crash when trying to join a server.
- Fixed controller vibration sometimes persisting indefinitely in splitscreen games.

I've had the exact same problem occur just minutes ago. I only bought the game yesterday and was Badass level 120 (I believe), just outside of Sanctuary. I saved the game and quit, because I'm reading this while playing and have heard of saves being deleted so went to back it up and as I turned it on I jumped to badass rank 130. I thought it was an error so quit without saving and now I'm at Badass Rank 135. I don't know if I just earned all of the ranks and it didn't update correctly but because the number changed each time appears to me as if I've the same glitch, albeit to a much lesser extent.

So the glitch I encountered is the "Slag glitch" where the slag challenges repeat themselves. It happened again and I don't know how. This glitch has been here before the Gaige DLC so I know it's not the DLC that's causing the problem.

I'm farming the last boss once again..use my slag gun and the challenges pop up. When I see that, I stop shooting and after the level 5 challenge disappears, no more pop up UNTIL I use the slag weapon once again and it repeats itself. So everytime I use a slag weapon (on a boss I believe) this will happen. I think I can load the save I have on my usb and it will stop it but who knows how long till it'll come back.

You get a shitload of skins (which I hear may freeze your game if you try to save?). At one point, I had about 300 skins (the same skin) in my inventory:

photo7.jpg

The Badass Rank itself is infinite, right? What about the stats themselves? Are they also infinite or do they cap at 100%?

Also, just to be clear, DLC and non DLC people cannot play with each other at the moment, right?

Insaniac

So the glitch I encountered is the "Slag glitch" where the slag challenges repeat themselves. It happened again and I don't know how. This glitch has been here before the Gaige DLC so I know it's not the DLC that's causing the problem.

I'm farming the last boss once again..use my slag gun and the challenges pop up. When I see that, I stop shooting and after the level 5 challenge disappears, no more pop up UNTIL I use the slag weapon once again and it repeats itself. So everytime I use a slag weapon (on a boss I believe) this will happen. I think I can load the save I have on my usb and it will stop it but who knows how long till it'll come back.

You get a shitload of skins (which I hear may freeze your game if you try to save?). At one point, I had about 300 skins (the same skin) in my inventory:

The Badass Rank itself is infinite, right? What about the stats themselves? Are they also infinite or do they cap at 100%?

Also, just to be clear, DLC and non DLC people cannot play with each other at the moment, right?

great so gonna start running into infinite badass rank players on live now?

abundant

Alright, Gaige is pretty awesome so far (lvl 6). DT is basically like Axton's turret, but mobile. I can't wait to join an all Gaige team - with 4 DTs out at the same time, it's going to be insane.

abundant

oh, I see. I was about to be VERY disappointed

That wasn't a good video of DT in action. When fighting non aerial enemies, it flies to them and attacks until they are dead, then he flies over to his next victim. Makes fighting large mobs much easier then when I was a Siren.

That wasn't a good video of DT in action. When fighting non aerial enemies, it flies to them and attacks until they are dead, then he flies over to his next victim. Makes fighting large mobs much easier then when I was a Siren.

Oh man, that one Opportunity quest
where you guard the Constructor whilst he wrecks Jacktues
YOU SHALL BE MINE AT LAST.

Inskipp

Gaige is pretty cool, but I doubt I'll be racing to grind her lvl 50... I'll just stick with Axton and keep leveling my Gunzerker instead,

I'll be curious to see what she can achieve lategame with her middle/third tree specced high.

Also, I just got this:

abundant

I think, when full maxed out, Gaige is going to be the best person to solo with because DT is like an AI coop partner.

Another thing that makes DT useful is that he has noclip enabled, meaning that he can get to any enemy he wants no matter what.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I barely beat that mission. I died once but it kept working and getting attacked. It had nothing left on it's health bar but completed the objective.

Gorillaz

Having trouble finding my receipt...please tell me there is another way I can still get gaige? I preordered it also :/ Should I call gamestop or something?

edgefusion

Is it better to use PT1 or 2 for farming skins/heads? I can 1 shot Dukino's Mum on PT1 but am I better off going for PT2 for a greater chance of a drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom