• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

I want to play as Gaige so bad, but I'm too scared of corrupting my 360 profile save. :/

I took a chance and have had no issues. Badassssss level is still the same, all 4 characters I had before are still there.

Just wish I could level up quicker :(

ZeroCoin

So wait what is the patch glitch doing? Killing saves or just BA rank?

It doesn't appear to be consistent. Some people are reporting loss of everything, some BA rank, and others are losing all the skins and heads they have unlocked. I'll definitely be backing up my save file before I attempt to play tonight.

j-wood

Hey guys I'm curious...I didn't per order the game so I didn't get all the bonuses. I'm not sure how much I would play the new character, but is the dlc worth the 10 bucks to get all the other stuff?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It doesn't appear to be consistent. Some people are reporting loss of everything, some BA rank, and others are losing all the skins and heads they have unlocked. I'll definitely be backing up my save file before I attempt to play tonight.

This is occurring on all platforms?

zlatko

Banned
So is there a work around to these bugs? Can I just opt to play the game tonight without going online so no patch happens and thus I can just play it in peace solo ?

steadfast

Hey guys I'm curious...I didn't per order the game so I didn't get all the bonuses. I'm not sure how much I would play the new character, but is the dlc worth the 10 bucks to get all the other stuff?

Other stuff being the Premiere Pack? No. That's 4 heads, 4 skins, and 4 starter guns. Definitely not worth $10.

I'm so disappointed!
I got an awesome Legendary class mod after I fought the boss in the Wilderness Preserve, but it was for the Siren, not my Gunzerker. :(
Oh well, I'll keep in in my bank for the day that I get my Siren up to level 45 or whatever it was.

I'm almost level 50 with my Gunzerker which is great.
Should I finish the whole game before doing the Bee farming mission or can I do it anytime after hitting level 50?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The other stuff is pretty worthless but Gaige is $10 anyway so I figured I'd just get the bundle. It's a Golden Key, at least.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
They removed the details of how much health Pangolin shields take off. Now it just says "reduces maximum health."

WHY.JPG GEARBOX

I've got a lvl 50 Maya, I'm making a Gaige just to try the class out, see if it's better at solo'ing than a Siren. It annoys me how useless Phaselock is in most boss encounters.

My DT just put the hurt on Flynt. I'm gonna say he's going to make boss fights much easier in all situations, including the last boss if he can hover above the lava.

That said, nothing is going to beat Maya's crowd control. Not now, not ever.

Bucca

Also, no more glitched Michael Mamaril for us PS3 users :C. That 100% spawn rate suuuuure was nice. Ah well, back down to the 10% rate.

Megasoum

Banned
Yay finished the game in TVHM and dinged 50 with the very last quest lol..on to 2.5 now!

What's the quest to go kill the radio guy for the bee? I did it in the first PT but I can't remember where you get the quest.

I've got a lvl 50 Maya, I'm making a Gaige just to try the class out, see if it's better at solo'ing than a Siren. It annoys me how useless Phaselock is in most boss encounters.

I disagree. The damage it does got me out of a lot of tight spots. It's the perfect "I'm still hiding from you but doing damage" tool.

Hung Wei Lo

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in here, but doing a quick search (and lazily scanning through the results) I didn't find anything about this "exploit"

So I had family over and my nephew was playing - well not really playing, as I noticed he was spending a lot of time in the Golden Chest area. So I stopped stuffing my face and started watching him.

He would essentially load in his Axton to my game, run up to the vault and open/loot it, and exit out of the game. Rinse and repeat until he got all the purples he wanted then continued on his merry way... I had pre-ordered this and I guess every character created starts off with a key..PS3, btw

Help me, GAF, I'm tempted to do this myself!

galvatron

ibsOYXOgLb8iVd.png

Just got this to drop.

MADE OF STERNER STUFF?!

I think I'm required to main her now..

I disagree. The damage it does got me out of a lot of tight spots. It's the perfect "I'm still hiding from you but doing damage" tool.

How Phaselock behaves against some bosses is beyond annoying. It's not like Salvador can't dual wield and heal, like Axton can't deploy his turret(s) or Zero can't use deception. The damage Phaselock does when it does not perform it's primary function and temporarily incapacitate a boss is negligible, even with full Cataclysm (Helios/Ruin). At best you get an all-too-brief state of multi-elemental damage. In regular encounters and some boss fights Maya feels like wrecking ball, but against the larger non-humanoid boss fights, particularly in playthrough 2.5, her power feels kinda useless.

I just don't like the design decision Gearbox made with Maya's ability versus the larger non-humanoid enemies. I do enjoy using the character, playing coop counters Maya's shortcomings, that said I'm making a Gaige.

Raide

£7.99 for character DLC? Hrmmm.

Think I will wait till I finish the game with a few characters and see what the first full DLC is like. I knew I should have pre-ordered the PC version right off the bat. :p

Wallach

Just signed on and played some slots, DOUBLE JACKPOT. Stoic Emperor SMG and Conference Call!

Are you in a random player's game? It is possible to edit a memory cell to make the slots always land that. The chance to legitimately hit that is astronomically low.

Bucca

1) Clear cache
2) disconnect from Internet
3 profit!

I didn't even realize you could clear the PS3's cache. How do you go about doing this?

EDIT: Nvm, just deleting the patch data is what you mean I assume. Wouldn't that get rid of the Gaige DLC though, correct?

abundant

One of the funniest moments in the game was watching 4 DTs surround Captain Flynt and beat him to death.

Got an orange shield from one of my Terra- runs. It's quite delicious:
I can't wait until I unlock Sharing is Caring with Gaige. Nova and Roid shields will make DT really deadly.

Seguin

Banned
It was nice of Gearbox to fix the issues plaguing my enjoyment of the game such as The Warrior shooting loot into lava and my game locking up every time it autosaves

oh and as I type this, the game completely freezes on a loading screen. Lost the sweet class mod I just got from the Warrior.

neoism

started it up and it said that my dlc was corrupted and didn't load..... I'm backing up my whole game would verifing the game cache re-download the dlc without fucking my save up.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom