• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

No, I've gotten double jackpot too in the same round. The chances are low, but not astronomically so.

Yeah, actually I looked and they didn't really use normal slot odds like I figured (they just built the winning returns around a similar rate I guess). It's 1:5461 odds to land the jackpot, so landing both I think would be around a one-in-thirty-million chance.

grendelrt

Yeah, actually I looked and they didn't really use normal slot odds like I figured (they just built the winning returns around a similar rate I guess). It's 1:5461 odds to land the jackpot, so landing both I think would be around a one-in-thirty-million chance.

I wonder if they are linked somehow , because before my double jackpot i would get the same thing on both machines every once in a while. I hit eridium on both, cherries on both, etc at some point.

Heh i got lucky and hit the triple eridium bars.

Anyways, any tips on soloing terramorphous with Siren?

I also hit the triple eridium but I don't recall getting a trophy for it. I was in a pub game and all I remember was eridium flying everywhere and I snapped up almost every single piece. There was a guy behind me lurking my slots like the lurker on friends, but he was actually really nice, helped me complete a quest.

Theman2k

Thanks!! It was driving me crazy.

So its better to farm up to lvl 50, so that on pt2 you will get quest oranges ? Or it will take forever to do so, and youll be left with bosses farming ?

By the way, on pt2.5 you can farm bosses you allready killed in quests?

Last question, when you finish pt2, and pt1 its allready gone to new game + ? Or you do you need each time to select it from the main menu ?

And again a big thank you for your help!!

Can anyone please help ?
It will be greatly appreciated.

Wallach

I also hit the triple eridium but I don't recall getting a trophy for it. I was in a pub game and all I remember was eridium flying everywhere and I snapped up almost every single piece. There was a guy behind me lurking my slots like the lurker on friends, but he was actually really nice, helped me complete a quest.

Just as a heads-up, all Eridium, cash and ammo (except for grenades and maybe rockets) you pick up in a MP game is shared with everyone. Because of that it's actually better to play slots with other players, so long as you trust them to not run off with the guns that pop out.

scy

Man, was still holding onto the hope that buying the game Day 1 (not pre-order) would've got me the Mechromancer DLC :x Oh well.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I started playing as the Mechromancer and got a legendary off of Knuckledragger.

Anyone else having Steam connectivity issues? Is it just me or did the sniping bandits in the head get more violent?

So... Um... is it safe to say that my 360 is F-ed

49tU4.jpg

I get this when I try to download the compatibility pack. I didn't read anything online today, got home from work, powered up the 360, got the request to download the patch, did it... got the request to download a compatibility pack which is "-1 Microsoft Points," and then I get this error.

Any word?

I get this when I try to download the compatibility pack. I didn't read anything online today, got home from work, powered up the 360, got the request to download the patch, did it... got the request to download a compatibility pack which is "-1 Microsoft Points," and then I get this error.

Any word?

It displays the same error to me, time to play solo =(

Any word?

Same for me 360.

@GearboxSoftware:
We are looking into reports of incorrect pricing on the Borderlands 2 compatibility pack that's currently rolling out on Xbox Live.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I just got the points error too wtf.

me too. it reads that I need 4294967295 pts to download the compatibility pack...
wtf gearbox!!! I love you guys but y'all hurt me so bad right now.
:/

Im depressed that I cant play borderlands 2 online....maaaaannnnn....

RS4-

Past hour or so steam has been brutal for me. Anyway I beat terra and he drops one orange, the class thing for zerker. Useless!

Eric WK

So I'm the third one to report in with Knuckledragger dropping an orange?

I also saw one in a vending machine. I'd have to think this is from the patch.

yeah it's a huge bummer. I'm sick too, and this is my one free night this week so I was pumped to get some serious time into the game. Sucks but I'm glad other people have the error and not just me.

So I'm the third one to report in with Knuckledragger dropping an orange?

I also saw one in a vending machine. I'd have to think this is from the patch.

Yeah, Knuckledragger is known to drop the Hornet pistol. Got one from him last night.

And did you see a weapon or a shield/class mod/grenade mod in the vending machine? Prior to this patch I had never heard of weapons popping up there, just the latter, so if it was a weapon then that would be very interesting to hear.

@GearboxSoftware
To be clear -- the Borderlands 2 Compatibility Pack on Xbox Live should be FREE ...not 4,294,967,295 MSP. Working to get that fixed ASAP.

So im up to 150 anarchy now... and im doing soo much dmg. Shotguns are kind of a must.
also the reload+ clip - skill is wrong on the tree. Each rank drops your clips by 1 bullet not 1%. 1 rank now and all my guns are less one bullet. I was thinking the raise anarchy cap skill would be a bust but i hit it pretty quick. Just leaving sanctuary for my first quest now.

Seguin

Banned
Take the portal out of the zone then use the fast travel to go back to Hero's Pass. Go through all the trash back to the boss room. The loot will still be there but the body will despawn.

And then after wasting 10 minutes you find out those purple beams are worthless Eridium or class mods for another class

Insaniac

welp, just gotta find Jimmy jenkins and then I'll have the Challenge Accepted achievement

twice wee loot loaders jumped out, but no jenkins, trolololol

Gearbox Twitter

Gearbox Software ‏@GearboxSoftware
To be clear -- the Borderlands 2 Compatibility Pack on Xbox Live should be FREE ...not 4,294,967,295 MSP. Working to get that fixed ASAP.

Y'know... I can't help but think that maybe they shouldn't have bumped this DLC up a week for no reason. It was great to hear news that "The DLC will release early!" But... stupid that now nobody can play online as something at least partially related to that.

Taborcarn

Great... I've been saving this game for co-op only and only play twice a week, and now I also need 4 billion Microsoft points to continue.

re: xbox 360 problem

My brother had the same problem, and couldn't play with us. He bought the dlc and now he can. Another friend of mine(who preordered) was playing with us and then quit out.. and now he can't rejoin us, with the same problem.

Vodh

I don't think this has been mentioned before but sorry if it has:

If you want to reload as Gaige without losing your Anarchy stacks, simply open your inventory (which also pauses the game btw), unequip the weapon you want to reload and equip it again.

Still, I had to bind my reload key to H instead of R because FUUUUCK OCD GOTTTA RELOAD

I prefer Maya's special ability to Gaige's, but I do love what Deathtrap does if you bring him out near Raks. Even if they're not attacking you he will go nuts on them. I think her skill trees are far more interesting than Maya's though, although I'm not in love with any of the final skills in any of the trees. Yet.

So im up to 150 anarchy now... and im doing soo much dmg. Shotguns are kind of a must.
also the reload+ clip - skill is wrong on the tree. Each rank drops your clips by 1 bullet not 1%. 1 rank now and all my guns are less one bullet. I was thinking the raise anarchy cap skill would be a bust but i hit it pretty quick. Just leaving sanctuary for my first quest now.

Its looks like i was wrong. The first rank drops stuff by one then its 1,2,3,4% after that. Explosive shotguns are my best friend.

Cheddahz

Banned
Today is my last day in States before I head out to Germany tomorrow, I only have one more side mission left (the Ore Chasm arena) and I can't play online.....

Vodh

At first I was a bit worried how Gaige is going to be doing in TVHM with Anarchy build, but i guess having +700% gun damage will compensate for the need to be in enemy's face. If you don't miss that first shot one-shotting Terramorphus shouldn't be too difficult either...

tatsuki

iTHpSX6wdSHQA.png

Was farming for the maya head skin and ended up with this instead. XXX head skin from Terramorphous.

Now to start my mechromancer playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom