• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Whats up with the -1 MSP cost for the compatibility pack?

edit: -1 is showing up because the required balance is 4294967295 MSP, slightly more than the 1230 I have. Guess DLC must be out soon.

iTHpSX6wdSHQA.png

Was farming for the maya head skin and ended up with this instead. XXX head skin from Terramorphous.

Now to start my mechromancer playthrough.
That thing is awesome. I wonder what the Bunker and Vermi heads look like.

Did Gearbox say anything about any other classes being planned?

Depending on how this one goes they will do more. I'd guess they will do three more.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Whats up with the -1 MSP cost for the compatibility pack?

edit: -1 is showing up because the required balance is 4294967295 MSP, slightly more than the 1230 I have. Guess DLC must be out soon.

claptrap_revolution.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned
Made it to Level 11 with Gaige, about to do the Firehawk quest. Holy hell Deathtrap is awesome. So far I'm a little iffy on Anarchy, but so far it seems perfect for shotguns, but not much else. Curbing my "reload-after-every-shot" habit has been rough too. The damage increase is pretty noticeable though.

EDIT: Also, I can't get a legendary or head to drop from The Warrior/BNK-3R to save my life. I got The Bee in three tries, but these two bastards don't want to drop a thing.

Akkad

Banned
I'm on PC, I got the game free when I bought an nvidia card so I don't get the DLC.

edit : Wait, I just checked Steam and it says I already own the mechromancer pack.

edit 2: I start the game and she's not there, but Steam says I already own it, WTF?

So I get the DLC and play the game with Gaige for a little bit and turn it off, now I try to play her again it says I don't have the DLC and therefore I can't play with the character, lol.

Verano

I still get prompted to download the comp pack whenever I return to the main menu screen. so lame...gearbox fiz it plz

HoosTrax

Ugh....I've been farming Warrior all night and still not a single legendary....bummer.
I think it almost more time effective just to create another character to do the guaranteed legendary from Warrior trick. I got the Conference Call on my third or fourth try tonight (Axton on playthrough 1).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Enjoying the Mechromancer so far.

I tried out Anarchy for the hell of it and man does it pack a punch when it hits. I managed to get it stacked 150 times, then while doing the mission where you get the core for Sanctuary, I was trying to grab it and accidentally prematurely reloaded and lost my entire stack. :(

You have to either be on or have turned in the quest related to that guy. I don't remember what it's called but it is given by Mordecai.

This Just in!

Wallach

Apparently some files for the first DLC campaign are in this patch (at least on PC) and people that enjoy data mining have found some interesting things, but most notably:

- There is a new rarity tier of items, presumably above legendary
- There are at least 3 new "raid" bosses

Yeah, I'll definitely be grabbing that.

HoosTrax

If I disable automatic updates in Steam, cloud saves should still work right? Trying to avoid auto-installing any possible ninja patches nerfing the Bee.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Apparently some files for the first DLC campaign are in this patch (at least on PC) and people that enjoy data mining have found some interesting things, but most notably:

Hopefully those bosses actually take work to go down versus getting a Bee and CC then downing everything in seconds lol.

HoosTrax

Hopefully those bosses actually take work to go down versus getting a Bee and CC then downing everything in seconds lol.
Hopefully those bosses will actually drop loot once in a while besides a shitty "legendary" class mod that's worthless. Out of the dozens and dozens of Terra runs I've done (with the Bee obviously), the only other thing I've gotten is his unique grenade mod, twice.

Wunder

Do you have a link? I read about the
rarity
but not the other thing, at least not that specific.

Well if they don't nerf the Bee I don't see how that's possible, unless they make the HP so high that the +50k becomes negligible and make it so it doesn't scale if there is a new level cap.

Dartastic

Hopefully those bosses will actually drop loot once in a while besides a shitty "legendary" class mod that's worthless. Out of the dozens and dozens of Terra runs I've done (with the Bee obviously), the only other thing I've gotten is his unique grenade mod, twice.
I only got a legendary once through an entire play through. :(

Nelo Ice

Banned

Guess I've gotten fairly lucky then. I've gotten all of the class mods of course along with 4 shadaloo stylishes, 2 hides, terra's shotty and the rubberized grenade mod.

Well if they don't nerf the Bee I don't see how that's possible, unless they make the HP so high that the +50k becomes negligible and make it so it doesn't scale if there is a new level cap.

Well I would like for any new encounters to actually require you to be geared and to have a reason for using more than just a bee and a CC. Also wonder if they're going to bother prevent cheese since like nearly all the boss fights are hilariously easier than usual if you just know where to go.

Wallach

Do you have a link? I read about the
rarity
but not the other thing, at least not that specific.

SPOILERS AHOY

As for the Bee, they have said they are nerfing it and I'm pretty sure it will come either before or with the DLC itself.

Wunder

Guess I've gotten fairly lucky then. I've gotten all of the class mods of course along with 4 shadaloo stylishes, 2 hides, terra's shotty and the rubberized grenade mod.

What's wrong with the class mods? I thought the siren one was pretty good. I think the axton one is decent too, but I haven't scrutinized it that much.

EDIT: Man, they really love the
"Invincible" title
huh? Looks cool though, thanks for the link! Ain't clicking that pastebin link though.

Verano

GBX_Adam, I did as told and the prompt to download disappeared along with the exclamation mark accompanied by the "Comp Pack" menu selection item.

all is well.

now time to kill whatever moves in Borderlands 2 with mah buddiez

HoosTrax

Terra has not been kind to me. On the other hand, I'm up to 8 Striker shotguns from Old Slappy now, and I don't think I've even done as many kills of him as Terra.

What's wrong with the class mods? I thought the siren one was pretty good. I think the axton one is decent too, but I haven't scrutinized it that much.
None of them have +weapon damage%, unlike Vermi's.

I prefer Maya's special ability to Gaige's, but I do love what Deathtrap does if you bring him out near Raks. Even if they're not attacking you he will go nuts on them. I think her skill trees are far more interesting than Maya's though, although I'm not in love with any of the final skills in any of the trees. Yet.

I dont like maya ability at all. making it useful requires almost one specific build (the singularity and ruin) and getting to ruin makes you take so many crappy skills. If cataclysm had a better tree it would be more rewarding because her skill doesnt aide in killing things as much as everyone else.

Insaniac

Kinda disappointed with the terramorphous class mods, only because there isn't any actual variability. Its Fire damage, and a boost to the same skills. I thought they were randomly chosen skills and I thought it would be fun to farm Terramorphous to hopefuly nail that one class mod with the skills I wanted boosted. But now I don't see much reason to farm terra, instead of the warrior

Overall, I don't like the class mods in Borderlands 2, they seem to have less variability and awesome/helpful abilities like the ones in BL1 I found a class mod I liked and stuck with it the entire game.

I hope in future DLC when they raise the caps, they make the class mods better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom