• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it to Level 11 with Gaige, about to do the Firehawk quest. Holy hell Deathtrap is awesome. So far I'm a little iffy on Anarchy, but so far it seems perfect for shotguns, but not much else. Curbing my "reload-after-every-shot" habit has been rough too. The damage increase is pretty noticeable though.

EDIT: Also, I can't get a legendary or head to drop from The Warrior/BNK-3R to save my life. I got The Bee in three tries, but these two bastards don't want to drop a thing.

After my initial impression of Deathtrap, I love him now. I'm only level 10, but he's demolished every boss fight so far that I had issues with on my Siren. Boom Bewm - toast. Capn Flynt - didn't stand a chance with DT tanking him and me with a shotgun in his back. Ditto for Doc Mercy. I love you, Deathtrap.

HoosTrax

Kinda disappointed with the terramorphous class mods, only because there isn't any actual variability. Its Fire damage, and a boost to the same skills. I thought they were randomly chosen skills and I thought it would be fun to farm Terramorphous to hopefuly nail that one class mod with the skills I wanted boosted. But now I don't see much reason to farm terra, instead of the warrior

Overall, I don't like the class mods in Borderlands 2, they seem to have less variability and awesome/helpful abilities like the ones in BL1 I found a class mod I liked and stuck with it the entire game.

I hope in future DLC when they raise the caps, they make the class mods better.
Agreed. I'm looking at my Lilith class mods right now, and I've got one that give +smg damage and smg ammo regen among other things, one for +sniper rifle crit damage, one for +team crit damage, various ones for +elemental damage. All very useful in different situations with lots of useful minor effects.

In Borderlands 2, I only bother picking up the single type of mod for each class that gives +dmg for their primary weapon type -- all of the other ones are pretty shitty.

Agreed. I'm looking at my Lilith class mods right now, and I've got one that give +smg damage and smg ammo regen among other things, one for +sniper rifle crit damage, one for +team crit damage, various ones for +elemental damage. All very useful in different situations with lots of useful minor effects.

In Borderlands 2, I only bother picking up the single type of mod for each class that gives +dmg for their primary weapon type -- all of the other ones are pretty shitty.

idk, the "Juiced Pointman" Commando Mod I have that adds to max health and adds health regeneration is pretty dope

neoism

well mine is like on my level 44 zero are the BAR on every character I thought it starts over from scratch... I got 11 levels and only had 5 tokens and 6500 BAR on my Mecro...
not sure
though it started at 0 on a new character.

im finding those 3 clip maliwan pistols are useful now. DT tanking those shield guys as you mess em up from behind is great. Bad Maw didnt even see it coming. Downside if you go down with a ton of anarchy and the guy runs away the probabilty of you getting up is pretty bad. Co-op with her should be fun.

Tess3ract

Banned
Yeah I really wanted finish playing this game but I'm only gonna play this game once and shelve it forever, and I'm not keen on paying an exuberant $10 on a dlc character. Gonna put this away and wait for a $2 dlc sale because $10 is stupid.

Insaniac

Yeah I really wanted finish playing this game but I'm only gonna play this game once and shelve it forever, and I'm not keen on paying an exuberant $10 on a dlc character. Gonna put this away and wait for a $2 dlc sale because $10 is stupid.

So there are 4 characters that come with the game and you are going to play it ONCE and shelve it because of a DLC character for 10$? I don't think this game is for you.

Uncle AJ

I had 150 Anarchy stacks PLUS a class mod that reduced my accuracy even further, and I could still pull off headshots from mid-to-long range with a Jakobs sniper. The accuracy debuff appears to be inconsequential.

Tess3ract

Banned
I don't reply games, and if I do it's only ones that are the best of the best.

The game is fun, but I have too many games to play, and I wanted to play as the mecho since I saw it.

I didn't preorder it because I was able to get it for cheap after release, which was the only way I was buying it because $60 is highway robbery.

I'm just bummed now because I just wanted that character to main as that it kind of kills my enjoyment of it.

HoosTrax

I don't reply games, and if I do it's only ones that are the best of the best.

The game is fun, but I have too many games to play, and I wanted to play as the mecho since I saw it.

I didn't preorder it because I was able to get it for cheap after release, which was the only way I was buying it because $60 is highway robbery.

I'm just bummed now because I just wanted that character to main as that it kind of kills my enjoyment of it.
Somehow you missed all the preorder deals for $30-$40.

Kind of funny, but terrible bug. Deathtrap with the Buck Up skill on occasion instead of recharging a players shield will instead recharge an enemies.

well mine is like on my level 44 zero are the BAR on every character I thought it starts over from scratch... I got 11 levels and only had 5 tokens and 6500 BAR on my Mecro...
not sure
though it started at 0 on a new character.

Nope. Badass ranks are permanently added to (or, as some people have experienced, subtracted from) your Gamertag. They are shared across all characters.

Xevren

????????????

teach me your ways, then.

2.5 playthrough, intentionally kill flesh stick (tiny tina tea party sidequest). Have the person being leveled keep starting the quest shortly after he dies. I already have friends that have her at level 50. It's boring but you can do it pretty fast.

Fleshstick has suffered much for his crimes.
91C1029CFE8EFB2787933D0197C517A076E87059

Raxus

Is anyone else's anarchy stacks up and disappearing?

Maybe it is because I reloaded too early but I could of sworn I was playing it properly...

dalin80

Banned
DT seems to be set to aggressive when first 'summoned' and will rush off and kill everything in sight but for enemies who spawn or come into range after that DT doesn't particularly seem to care, would be nice if you could deconstruct him like the commandos turret.

There is a skill that adds time onto his life if a enemy is killed does anyone know if that is just for one enemy per summon or you could essentially make the timer hours long of there were enough enemy fodder?

Mazzo

I`ve been dealing 200% extra damage and fully replenishing my shields after each kill with the mechromancer. Pretty fun, but maybe a little broken too xD

It's really easy to lose anarchy (or shoot yourself in the foot with a Tediore gun) by hitting loot/reload while missing the prompt by inches. There should be an option to remap looting to the more harmless quick change or crouch buttons. Even better, use crouch for looting and quick change for "pick up as trash".

Other than that, Gaige seems pretty fun. DT is super effective, at least for now, and it will be interesting to see how the anarchy tree pans out. The other skill trees are also unique enough for a lot of build variety.

So how is the patch situation now? I have friend coming over tonight for our weekly 360 co-op night.
Really hopeing we can play and not have anything effected by the patch :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So any 2 Billion Shields and 18 Billion Damage shottys via hack mods available yet loooool

Made Borderlands 1 (the DLC's more tolerable) hella easy

Hell I boosted 3-5+ Trophy-GAF to level 50-69 on Crawmerax

Unicorn

Is anyone else's anarchy stacks up and disappearing?

Maybe it is because I reloaded too early but I could of sworn I was playing it properly...
Do not reload manually. Empty a clip and it should automatically reload. That is what you are supposed to do.

eek5

So any 2 Billion Shields and 18 Billion Damage shottys via hack mods available yet loooool

Made Borderlands 1 (the DLC's more tolerable) hella easy

Hell I boosted 3-5+ Trophy-GAF to level 50-69 on Crawmerax

just get the bee and conference call and/or other high-pellet count guns

pretty much legit win button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom