• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Any awesome Siren builds?

I'm considering going into the tree that gives a chance for Phaselock to hop to other enemies.

If you want to be a damage dealing God, get Chain Reaction and Ruin from the Cat tree and Wreck from the Harmony tree. With these skills you'll destroy anyone you Phaselock + do damage to anyone near by. If you plan to play some coop, then get Res as well.

Ban Puncher

Myself and a buddy did the Terramorphous fight successfully this evening after a couple of failures, got the achievements associated with that and did it two more times to farm for item drops. Every time it dropped the yellow Assassin class mod for my friend and bugger all for my Siren.

Bah. Am I doing something wrong?

So Many Bullets

Neo Member
Dumb question I guess:

Where can I find Terramorphous, Dukino's mom and the other raid bosses? I have already played through once but have not seen either of these encounters.

Dumb question I guess:

Where can I find Terramorphous, Dukino's mom and the other raid bosses? I have already played through once but have not seen either of these encounters.
Terramorphous happens after you finish the game, Tannis gives you the quest You. Will. Die. (Seriously) for it. As for Dukino's mom, you need to do the Dukino missions near Lynchwood, it's a skag with side quests that you can do that eventually lead up to the mom.

Kyoufu

If you want to be a damage dealing God, get Chain Reaction and Ruin from the Cat tree and Wreck from the Harmony tree. With these skills you'll destroy anyone you Phaselock + do damage to anyone near by. If you plan to play some coop, then get Res as well.

Thanks. I just read about Sub-sequence being horrible, so there goes my planned build. Ruin all the way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dumb question I guess:

Dukino's mom is in Lynchwood. You should have done a series of side quests in Lynchwood leading up to that though, several with Dukino, culminating with Dukino's mom later in the game.

Head to Lynchwood and to the opposite side of the train tracks from where you spawn and look for Dukino's little dog house thing.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Myself and a buddy did the Terramorphous fight successfully this evening after a couple of failures, got the achievements associated with that and did it two more times to farm for item drops. Every time it dropped the yellow Assassin class mod for my friend and bugger all for my Siren.

Bah.

I'm guessing that he was hosting the game. The drop sounds like it's based on the host's class.

Zaph

first playthrough do EVERYTHING
Is there any particular reason you recommended this?

Reason being, on my first playthough I left a bunch of side missions to save something 'new' for my second playthough. Now I'm worried I've missed out on something!

abundant

Is there any particular reason you recommended this?

Reason being, on my first playthough I left a bunch of side missions to save something 'new' for my second playthough. Now I'm worried I've missed out on something!

The only real reason to do everything is to make sure you're at a good level (34 - 35) for TVHM.

Xanathus

The only real reason to do everything is to make sure you're at a good level (34 - 35) for TVHM.

Nah there's actually no reason to do everything because most of the quests won't actually give you meaningful rewards and exp due to level differences. Just do it for experiencing content I guess. It's probably faster/easier to do everything in PT1 for achievement purposes though.

RS4-

I'm guessing that he was hosting the game. The drop sounds like it's based on the host's class.

Nah, its random. As a commando, my first four Terra runs went like this: zerker, siren, siren, commando.

Ended up giving both the siren ones away to a friend.

I finally got Vern to spawn (like 5 badasses, 4 ultimates, then finally Vern). But he was only a level 40. Didn't get anything special from him.

for playthrough 2, im doing strictly story missions, with the side missions, should i accept it and just do it later on, or should i just accept it AFTER the main mission?

... or does it not make a difference?

steadfast

for playthrough 2, im doing strictly story missions, with the side missions, should i accept it and just do it later on, or should i just accept it AFTER the main mission?

Don't accept the blue/purple quests until you're max level is the standing logic for some reason.

I can see this if you're a melee-focused Zer0 with a Law and Order combo, but otherwise, you're going to get better loot from the golden chest and farming. Just make sure you're having fun

Does anyone know the calculation for the commandos 2nd tier skill where he gets faster reload spleen and regen the lower his health is? I sometimes feel like I should respec, considering I'm either alive and well or completely fucked And most likely not going to be in low health but still alive situations. But I'm sure I get SOME bonus for this skill while being full health, just not sure how much.

Also, the shields that absorb bullets. The bullets they absorb go into your inventory and that's great, but does the bullet that is absorbed still hurt? Or does it do 0 damage.

Edit: also , anyone have the link to where the flavour text gives you special abilities? Sometimes you can guess ie: found a Shitty that said, don't retreat, reload! And the reload speed was almost instantaneous, but the full list would be great.

ckohler

Played Gaige last night for about 4 hours.

I'm really enjoying her. Deathtrap is handy as both a buff, distraction and damage dealer. Interesting thing, he can restore 100% of any player's shield... even if Death Trap is only a level 5 or 10, he can fully restore a level 40 or 50 player's huge ass shield.

I took her into my friend's 2nd playthrough (he's level 45) and let him just farm a bunch of enemies to level her quickly to level 17. Upshot Robot is my favorite skill so far. As long as you or Death Trap continue to make kills, you increase Death Trap's duration. I've had him lasting five minutes or more with this!

Don't accept the blue/purple quests until you're max level is the standing logic for some reason.

I can see this if you're a melee-focused Zer0 with a Law and Order combo, but otherwise, you're going to get better loot from the golden chest and farming. Just make sure you're having fun

gotcha. i guess ill just do the main missions and leave ALL side missions when im done with TVHM so theres no hassle.

Wunder

Do not accept side missions now, if you want them to level up to 50 after you finish playthrough 2.

Also, how are people finding Discord? I'm having a hard time deciding when to use it.

Anarchy sucks. I can't stop my damn sub-conscious from reloading. STOP RELOADING!

I love it though.

Don't reload... like, at all

If anyone has gotten Discord; is the accuracy improvement relative to where you are with your Anarchy or does it make you super accurate while its up?

Also how fast do you lose Anarchy?

Dave1988

Anyone willing to dupe trade Head Customizations? I've got the Axton head from Terra and I'm looking for Heads for Maya/Gaige in particular.

Any takers? My PSN is Dave1988.

neoism

Well now I downloaded the update but data corrupt?

you have to verify the cache... if you deleted any files like the stupid video or something it says corrupted... I had to do it twice last night before it worked.... if your on PC that is

Nopren

If anyone is interested, Gearbox have put up what they call "Echocasts" with Gaige. Small audioclips with the character Gaige talking about her "science project" which, all who've played her knows, only comes in third.

They're kinda funny, but the character kinda grates on you when it's not just small outbursts.
Has a cool dad though.

Gaige Echocast #1
Gaige Echocast #2
Gaige Echocast #3

abundant

This is probably the best policy. I screwed up the epic fire nova shield by trying to do green reward side quests.

This is a bad idea unless you plan to play TVHM in coop. Otherwise you will be under leveled by the time you get to the Wildlife mission, and being under leveled in TVHM means you hit an unbreakable wall. Just do quest where rewards are heads/costumes, eridium, or money.

This is a bad idea unless you plan to play TVHM in coop. Otherwise you will be under leveled by the time you get to the Wildlife mission, and being under leveled in TVHM means you hit an unbreakable wall. Just do quest where rewards are heads/costumes, eridium, or money.

Yeah, I did have grind out BNK-3R to make the final stretch.

Edgeward

Does anyone know the calculation for the commandos 2nd tier skill where he gets faster reload spleen and regen the lower his health is? I sometimes feel like I should respec, considering I'm either alive and well or completely fucked And most likely not going to be in low health but still alive situations. But I'm sure I get SOME bonus for this skill while being full health, just not sure how much.

Also, the shields that absorb bullets. The bullets they absorb go into your inventory and that's great, but does the bullet that is absorbed still hurt? Or does it do 0 damage.

Edit: also , anyone have the link to where the flavour text gives you special abilities? Sometimes you can guess ie: found a Shitty that said, don't retreat, reload! And the reload speed was almost instantaneous, but the full list would be great.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Bordelands_2

Insaniac

Thanks. I just read about Sub-sequence being horrible, so there goes my planned build. Ruin all the way.

the problem with sub sequence is not just the fact that it doesn't actually add time to the phaselock or anything, but it actually USES time while it drifts around finding a new enemy to phaselock, combine that with the fact that it can't clip through objects so its pretty dumb at finding new targets. Its only slightly entertaining when helping boost someone through low levels where the combo of Phaselock + helios will instantly kill low lvl enemies.

Its disappointing, I wish they'd retool it to make it more viable with other builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom