• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem with sub sequence is not just the fact that it doesn't actually add time to the phaselock or anything, but it actually USES time while it drifts around finding a new enemy to phaselock, combine that with the fact that it can't clip through objects so its pretty dumb at finding new targets. Its only slightly entertaining when helping boost someone through low levels where the combo of Phaselock + helios will instantly kill low lvl enemies.

Its disappointing, I wish they'd retool it to make it more viable with other builds.

It can't clip through things, but Deathtrap can? Thats an odd design choice. I'd imagine a big balance patch will come out at some point similar to the one that came out for the first game that fixes things.

So let's say I want a Conference Call. I'm near the end of the game on my first time through... is this where I farm and save and reload and all that stuff, or do I do that in my next playthrough? Thanks! Oh, and I got a level 29 Bee, woooo!

So let's say I want a Conference Call. I'm near the end of the game on my first time through... is this where I farm and save and reload and all that stuff, or do I do that in my next playthrough? Thanks! Oh, and I got a level 29 Bee, woooo!
Don't bother.

That sht will be irrelevant within a few levels of TVHM.

Insaniac

It can't clip through things, but Deathtrap can? Thats an odd design choice. I'd imagine a big balance patch will come out at some point similar to the one that came out for the first game that fixes things.

yeah its absolutely terrible. At level 50, phaselocking level 20 marauders with level 5 Helios and a +4 boost to suspension (total phaselock time + 4.5 sec) it at BEST can hit 4 or 5 marauders, and this is when it nearly insta-kills them via helios. Fighting Level 50 enemies its nigh worthless as the Helios damage is much less significant and you can't kill the enemies nearly as fast. (not to mention you have to invest 5 points into it to get 100% chance to seek new target)

It could be sweet if you could spec to sub sequence AND ruin eventually if they raise the level cap, but yeah, upshot is: useless/waste of skill points

Cat Party

Everything you have at the end of playthrough 1 will be obsolete by the time you reach Sanctuary in TVHM. People have said it before, but that's a good time to use a golden key.

Insaniac

Everything you have at the end of playthrough 1 will be obsolete by the time you reach Sanctuary in TVHM. People have said it before, but that's a good time to use a golden key.

Yeah, i hit a really nice e-tech Maliwan Corrosive SMG with my golden key and it helped me get through a lot of TVH

HoosTrax

Don't bother.

That sht will be irrelevant within a few levels of TVHM.
Don't know about that. I've actually tried two level 30 Conference Calls paired with a level 50 Bee, and it works about as well as two level 50 Moxxi's Heart Breakers (i.e. a Gunzerker can kill Terra within two "pops").

Per pellet:
Level 30 CC = 500 dmg + 50000 damage from the Bee
Level 50 CC = 5000 dmg + 50000 damage from the Bee

The vast majority of the DPS comes from the Bee combined with the CC's special ability. Only a small percentage comes from the CC's own damage rating.

And it sounds like he's planning on using the special method of farming Warrior that will guarantee him one of Warrior's rare drops. In my case, using that trick gave me the CC after 4 tries.

Let me check if I have this right. On my Axton toon I have the Moxxi's heartbreaker, but its like lvl 20 or so. If I wanted a higher lvl version of the same gun I will have to start another character and wait till I'm higher lvl to do the quest?

HoosTrax

Let me check if I have this right. On my Axton toon I have the Moxxi's heartbreaker, but its like lvl 20 or so. If I wanted a higher lvl version of the same gun I will have to start another character and wait till I'm higher lvl to do the quest?
Do not accept the quest at all until after you've killed the Warrior in pt 2.

HoosTrax

What's this?
1. Make a copy of your save file when you're in the last section of the game, with the "Find Jack" objective.

2. Kill Jack and the Warrior like normal. Pick up the rare item (sometimes it's just a head, although I've also gotten a Flakker and a Leech legendary as well).

3. Fast Travel to Sanctuary and put any rare items you want to keep into Claptrap's stash locker.

4. Exit to Main Menu.

5. Copy (overwrite) the character save with the one you made from before you completed the Find Jack quest.

Basically, the first time you kill Warrior, you're guaranteed a rare item.

I just got Upshot Robot for Gaige its kind of amazing. I ended up getting 50 stacks of the melee buff and it was great. The one down side seems to be that the timer can't go over 1 minute. For example lets pretend you do a kill with 52 seconds on the timer the timer then goes up to 57 seconds, but do another kill immediately afterwards the timer will only go to 60 seconds.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been farming Warrior all day... Finally get a legendary gun to drop woohoooo...... It's a stryker instead of Conf Call.....sigh

Megasoum

Banned
Post the striker I might trade you a Conference call for it depending on the stats. If your on PC.

There you go, and yes I'm on PC.

2B8DBF692CAE11D7CCE9CB6D22CA9D0744B81415

HoosTrax

Strikers can also be found with +130% crit damage and a blade attachment. Either way, I haven't found a good use for a shotgun with such a small magazine.

On a sidenote, I saw this poll on the Borderlands Wiki. Really? Are there some amazing Jakobs guns I'm not aware of, because all of the ones I've seen are deeply flawed, particularly the low magazines and lack of elemental damage.

There you go, and yes I'm on PC.

Sorry, I'm going to have to pass my strikers are better.

Strikers can also be found with +130% crit damage and a blade attachment. Either way, I haven't found a good use for a shotgun with such a small magazine.

On a sidenote, I saw this poll on the Borderlands Wiki. Really? Are there some amazing Jakobs guns I'm not aware of, because all of the ones I've seen are deeply flawed, particularly the low magazines and lack of elemental damage.

I managed to get super lucky and roll a Striker with a Blade, a grip, high damage, and 4 rounds in the magazine. The only reason I'm looking for different one is the extra crit chance and hopefully Gaige's crazy fast reload speed can make up for the magazine. I can't speak for other people, but I love Jacob's snipers and revolvers.

MrDaravon

Question: on 360 is it possible to try to workaround the potential badass/etc reset issue by copying saves to the cloud/USB and if you get the patch and they're borked just clear the cache and move the cloud saves back? I've seen PC players mention that you can do this by making a backup of the profile, but on 360 I'm only seeing individual character saves (along with a listing for the Season Pass, Premier Club and pre-order DLC). Since the Badass stuff is account wide I have no idea if copying all the saves would work or not, since I'm not sure where it's pulling that info from.

Halfway through Level 49; just destroyed
Saturn
. Is that more or less par? Man, I'm burnt out on this game now.

Regarding farming of the Bee: do I have to activate the mission first, or can it be done prior?

Also, fuck rabid Stalkers/Skags/anything else that rushes you relentlessly. By far the toughest enemies I've encountered. Constructors ain't got nothin' on my +13,000 Vladof sniper :).

MrDaravon

If you're on the PC just backup your saves and if your badass ranks get removed, use cheatengine to put them back.

NBD

That...doesn't help me on 360.

Anyway looking into it further, on 360 that stuff is tied to your gamer profile, and I'm not doing any shady backing up to PC stuff of my XBL profile, so guess I'm not playing anytime soon -_-.

Awesome-o. Cheers.

On another note, what section did you guys find the most difficult in TVHM? I'd definitely put the Wildlife Exploitation story mission up there.

Climbing to the Bunker, on the other hand, I found to be quite easy. Also, I don't know if this was a glitch or not, but I actually destroyed BNK-3R with about 5 sniper bullets. It was amazing.

HoosTrax

Awesome-o. Cheers.

On another note, what section did you guys find the most difficult in TVHM? I'd definitely put the Wildlife Exploitation story mission up there.

Climbing to the Bunker, on the other hand, I found to be quite easy. Also, I don't know if this was a glitch or not, but I actually destroyed BNK-3R with about 5 sniper bullets. It was amazing.
For me, it was definitely the Rising Action sequence, especially Gluttonous Thresher, plus defending the beacon. The second part wasn't so much difficult, unlike the skull Gluttonous Thresher, but very tedious and annoying.

Everything after that is a lot easier because after you finish that mission, you have easy access to numerous minibosses to gain levels off of (starting from Slappy).

Dizzy-4U

I pretty much rushed through TVHM with no problems, except the
Kill Jack's double
quest from opportunity. The bastard was immune to my phaselock and I was dead with just 3 shots from his gun.

Awesome-o. Cheers.

I struggled a lot with my Siren playthrough at the Bad Ass Constructor on Where Angels Fear to Tread and fighting Saturn. The crazy part is I had a corrosive plasma caster and corrosive energy rifle on those parts. I think that might have just been a build issue then my own incompetence, but those sections really sucked. As Zer0 I pretty much breezed through the whole thing. It can not be understated how brutally powerful Death Blossom is.

Random Question; I remember in Borderlands 1 after a while my Turret was shooting corrosive bullets instead of just normal bullets. Is there anything in the 2nd game like a class mod that makes that possible?

Gav47

Destroying the Bunker was a pain in the ass for me, I haven't been doing any side missions that reward loot so I can get the lvl.50 versions later so I was under leveled and kept running out of ammo for my corrosive SMG, it took about 20-25 mins to whittle the boss down.

Ha. Killing Jack's double was super breezy for me. Unaware target + aiming down the sights + first bullet in the clip + a sniper that does around 9k of damage = dicks to you, double.

So, yeah, the sniper tree certainly has its benefits, but you rush me and I'm brown bread.

RS4-

Destroying the Bunker was a pain in the ass for me, I haven't been doing any side missions that reward loot so I can get the lvl.50 versions later so I was under leveled and kept running out of ammo for my corrosive SMG, it took about 20-25 mins to whittle the boss down.

I used a level 28 bee + fast shooting shotgun lol. I just stayed by the ammo vendor and shot the thing down in a few mins.

Cat Party

Random Question; I remember in Borderlands 1 after a while my Turret was shooting corrosive bullets instead of just normal bullets. Is there anything in the 2nd game like a class mod that makes that possible?
The final skill in the left skill tree causes your turret to shoot slag bullets. There is no class mod that adds an effect like that.

Nelo Ice

Banned
:lol guess they updated some npc sayings too just heard this from an NPC in sanctuary.

"As bad as this planet is it's still streets ahead of Promthea."

Not sure why this has happened, but suddenly my level 48 The Bee only gives 9xxx shields instead of the 14xxx it promises on the stat screen. I've noticed this because suddenly I'm getting my ass chewed up by enemies in two hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom