• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Finds a great shotgun with a tiny clip of 1 * yeah this is going to be great with Gaige. * equips it * shotgun doesn't shoot . The skill that reduces ammo count set it to 0, :(

Ourobolus

Banned
Well if they don't nerf the Bee I don't see how that's possible, unless they make the HP so high that the +50k becomes negligible and make it so it doesn't scale if there is a new level cap.
I get the feeling that new bosses will have some sort of field DoT that, even if it only does something like 1HP/sec damage, will negate the bonuses the Bee gives.

Xanathus

I get the feeling that new bosses will have some sort of field DoT that, even if it only does something like 1HP/sec damage, will negate the bonuses the Bee gives.

That wouldn't "negate the bonus", it would make it completely useless. As well as every other amp shield in the game.

Ourobolus

Banned
That wouldn't "negate the bonus", it would make it completely useless. As well as every other amp shield in the game.
...yes?

EDIT: I'm not saying I agree with it, I just can't really think of any way to nerf The Bee (at least older, already-acquired versions).

Eh, never mind. Wouldn't work since every shield would be useless, not just amp. Wouldn't be able to recharge. Suppose the option to just not use it still exists. :p

FtHTiny

Played a mechromancer today up to lvl 10 in public games full of other mechromancer. It´s such a cakewalk and so funny to see them getting mauled by 4 robots.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hmm only level 19 with my commando tempted to start again with a nice mechromancer.

I thought I would have enough time to complete the game before they released her!

shibbs

I'm kinda pissed that they released the necromancer class now. I think my girlfriend would love that class but now we already started playing.

If we keep playing with my character but she starts with a level 0 necromancer. Will she level up more quickly?

Edit: we are at level 12/13.

Played a mechromancer today up to lvl 10 in public games full of other mechromancer. It´s such a cakewalk and so funny to see them getting mauled by 4 robots.
Yea, DT is basically The Easy Button.

I wonder if it becomes any less OP as the game goes on, because every challenging thing in my Siren run to 50 is now just an F press away from death.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm kinda pissed that they released the necromancer class now. I think my girlfriend would love that class but now we already started playing.

If we keep playing with my character but she starts with a level 0 necromancer. Will she level up more quickly?

Seeing how fast you can level up from the quests and such yeah you shouldnt have any problem if you are around that level.

lucius

Not sure if this was answered already, but the Do Non Harm Tannis bug was not fixed in the recent update in 360 version, supposedly on PC it has been fixed already I read this on Gearbox forum.

Ammish

Banned
I have found out that since I switched to the Mechromancer class, it compliments the Siren Class really well. Me and my fiancée are at the same level, which is 7, but it seems that Deathtrap instantly kills or vastly damages any enemies caught in a Phaselock.

Putting some skills into the Anarchy Class though, which I think would compliment the Siren even more.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm kind of disappointed that the class seems like a one-trick pony as far as being a mechromancer goes. I want to summon an army of robot with different robot types. :(

Really enjoying playing as her though. Death-trap destroys everything. Even bosses are kinda trivial now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm busy with 12 hour work days.

I won't be able to experience the rush of 4 Mechromancers demolishing everything at the beginning. :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I had a new Mechromancer and had two friends join who were level 1, I was level 9. About an hour later, I was level 11, they were level 9.

So yes, complete side quests and stuff and she'll be fine.

Vodh

I had a new Mechromancer and had two friends join who were level 1, I was level 9. About an hour later, I was level 11, they were level 9.

So yes, complete side quests and stuff and she'll be fine.

also, once the gap closes enough, let her farm some easy-to-reach boss for a few runs, they give tons of xp and you'll be dead even in no time.

Anyone else had problems downloading the Mechromancer?

I started steam and it downloaded the update.

However, when I started the game, it said there was some kind of error.

I should have memorized what it said :p

Now, I dont have the mechromancer.

I downloaded the premiere club rewards and the season pass, no problem.

In fact, steam says I already own this dlc.

What do I do?

Quick question about side quests and TVHM/2.5. Is it a case of going through and leaving them undiscovered or picking them up but not completing them? Cheers.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone else had problems downloading the Mechromancer?

I started steam and it downloaded the update.

However, when I started the game, it said there was some kind of error.

I should have memorized what it said :p

Now, I dont have the mechromancer.

I downloaded the premiere club rewards and the season pass, no problem.

In fact, steam says I already own this dlc.

What do I do?

Did you actually select New Game? Was the Mechromancer there?

When I just hit select character to start a playthrough of her, she wasn't there, I had to select New Game to select her.

Quick question about side quests and TVHM/2.5. Is it a case of going through and leaving them undiscovered or picking them up but not completing them? Cheers.

You can look at the quest, but you can't accept them.

Jinaar

Great night last night! Started at level 47, close to
Hunter Hellquist
and proceeded to get The Bee after the forth attempt (level 48 version), get to the end boss, receive a Scalable Conference Call and then ended the night at level 50 farming Terramorphous with a friend. Playthru 2.5, here I goes! (or Mechromancer first, either or)

Dishonored is not honored by my lack of pressence playing it.

Did you actually select New Game? Was the Mechromancer there?

When I just hit select character to start a playthrough of her, she wasn't there, I had to select New Game to select her.

You can look at the quest, but you can't accept them.

I actually selected new Game and couldnt choose her.

Inskipp

I feel like I should give up on farming the warrior in hopes of it dropping Conference Call. Been farming him for a week now and haven't got a single orange drop from him. It's not like I have any trouble killing Terra anyway, since I can kill terra in under a minute with my Tediore fire- SMG.

What say you GAF? Is farming the warrior worth it in the long run, or should I just stick with Terra?

Aaron

Is there no way to skip the intro movies? Because I'd like to try the new character, but I don't want to go through that shit again.

Great night last night! Started at level 47, close to
Hunter Hellquist
and proceeded to get The Bee after the forth attempt (level 48 version), get to the end boss, receive a Scalable Conference Call and then ended the night at level 50 farming Terramorphous with a friend. Playthru 2.5, here I goes! (or Mechromancer first, either or)

Dishonored is not honored by my lack of pressence playing it.

Can you farm the Bee prior to finishing the game? Or did you just join someone whose already beaten it?

I feel like I should give up on farming the warrior in hopes of it dropping Conference Call. Been farming him for a week now and haven't got a single orange drop from him. It's not like I have any trouble killing Terra anyway, since I can kill terra in under a minute with my Tediore fire- SMG.

What say you GAF? Is farming the warrior worth it in the long run, or should I just stick with Terra?

It's worth it. By far the best gun in the game. When I'm running around finishing my missions at level 50 I use other weapons to be kind of fair. The second I'm in last stand I switch to CC and get my kill to revive.

On 360 (installed) my level 50 Siren's game pauses noticeably every time I go near a checkpoint marker. Really noticeably. Annoying would describe it well. I never remembered that happening as I was leveling up. I thought maybe I just forgot about it, but then I started a Mechromancer and when she goes by checkpoint there's no pause whatsoever. This happening to anyone else?

Jinaar

Yes, you can farm the bee before finishing the game.

I was on PT2.
Got the quest from Mordecai.
Killed HH.
Handed in the quest.
Teleported back to the Arid Badlands(Nexus) and quit game.
Relaunched and killed HH, rinse repeat.
After I got it, then proceeded to finish all the quests leading up to the end boss.

I did get THE BEE on PT1 as well, but it took way longer.

I was on PT2.
Killed HH.
Handed in the quest.
After I got it, then proceeded to finish all the quests leading up to the end boss.

Thanks! Guess I'll be doing this as soon as my siren can get the quest

On 360 (installed) my level 50 Siren's game pauses noticeably every time I go near a checkpoint marker. Really noticeably. Annoying would describe it well. I never remembered that happening as I was leveling up. I thought maybe I just forgot about it, but then I started a Mechromancer and when she goes by checkpoint there's no pause whatsoever. This happening to anyone else?

This has been happening to me with every character for the past two days or so on Xbox

steadfast

I was on PT2.
Killed HH.
Handed in the quest.

Arid Badlands - Boneyard

I'm kind of disappointed that the class seems like a one-trick pony as far as being a mechromancer goes. I want to summon an army of robot with different robot types. :(

Really enjoying playing as her though. Death-trap destroys everything. Even bosses are kinda trivial now.
The anarchy meta game is really badass. It only gets better with discord.

xero273

Thanks my buddies have had the game since launch, my purchase of a N7 delayed my toy fund :p

just FYI, when you join your buddies game, you'll be fighting enemies that are around their level. So most likely you won't be doing much. but good thing is you'll level faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom