• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If anyone is interested, Gearbox have put up what they call "Echocasts" with Gaige. Small audioclips with the character Gaige talking about her "science project" which, all who've played her knows, only comes in third.

They're kinda funny, but the character kinda grates on you when it's not just small outbursts.
Has a cool dad though.

Gaige Echocast #1
Gaige Echocast #2
Gaige Echocast #3

Ironic enough that I mained her but the video are definitely not deaf friendly. They didn't bothered to give the video subtitles.

I know youtube have CC but it's not reliable and often being mistaken.

zulfate

now that i have played the game for like 70 hours i am going to make a wish list/fanfic (or a list of demands!) of what i would like in borderlands 3 this is for you and your team adam.

ok so all of these points are my personal things that i would love in borderlands 3, whether they work or not i dont care its my opinion :p

1. i wouldnt mind some sort of crafting system to keep upgrading my guns, sometimes i find an awesome gun and i hate that i have to get rid of it. gearbox should make some sort of system of breaking down current guns for parts and then use them to kinda upgrade a favourite gun. kinda like posses weapons work in darksiders 2.

2. this isnt a biggie but i would like a him/her versions of each character but i can see why you wouldnt do that.

3. make the next city be an open server so i can see other players running around grouping up and trading, it would be cool to see alot of other players with different skins and just general chat, kinda like how phantasy star did were you have a hub town and meet people and group up and fucking go on adventures! this would be in addition to quick join too.

4. i would also like to see more skills per character, in my ideal game i would have multiple skills but can only choose 2 or something so that i can really start making different builds/play styles. not saying that i cant do that now but really big skills that make it completely different play styles

5. i love how you guys are doing the skins/heads but how cool would it be to add complete customs that make the body look different too. i have a feeling that is coming sometime no matter what ;)

6. why cant i play a true hunter vault mode starting from level 50 :(, i dont mind some farming but i want to be able to keep playing the game from start to finish.

7. now i dont expect this but i would love instanced loot, thats just me i hate to be stressed while playing and sometimes i see a blue or purple and i hate being competitive and feeling like "oh shit nononono fuck you! why didnt you atleast let me see the goddamn thing" but i saw that that was your intention lol but i disagree :)

8. maybe because i play guild wars 2 but i wouldnt mind a down leveling system either, i have some friends that will be playing soon and i cant play my favourite character without starting a new one with them.

im so excited for 3 already given how part 2 ends, everything else is fantastic i love the easter eggs and the story, all the characters have unique things about them i just love it! i know that when creating games story usually comes last ( and it should, gameplay first) but i feel like this game was the other way around, it felt like the story came first. great fucking job gearbox i am now a super fanboy! love every moment i get with it.

if anyone wants to co-op i am on steam my name is zulfate

one85x

Not sure why this has happened, but suddenly my level 48 The Bee only gives 9xxx shields instead of the 14xxx it promises on the stat screen. I've noticed this because suddenly I'm getting my ass chewed up by enemies in two hits.
Does your class mod take away from your shield?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just finished. What an amazing game. One of those rare games that I really am glad exists and felt lucky for being able to play. Taking a bit of a break before jumping into True Vault Hunter Mode since I've been playing nothing but Borderlands for over a month (played through 1 and the DLC before immediately getting 2) but I'll be back soon enough.

Meier

Beat the first playthrough earlier today and then killed the Warrior about 7-8 times. Got a shitload of purples now but the only orange I got was Jack's head on the first kill and oddly enough I got a purple as well. No CCs or anything in the subsequent Warrior kills.. probably will keep it up since he's so easy to take down especially once you get killed and can just snipe away on him from up top. My Bee is only lvl 28.. tempted to try and get another one before I start TVHM but there's no way I could do that farm again unless it was for a lvl 50ish version of it.

I'm lvl 36 now.. can't imagine the 2200 shield I get from it (even with a purple +25% or so relic) will be enough for TVHM.

Megasoum

Banned
Second legendary from Warrior in my day of farming.... Andsome Jack's head for the Gunzerker...ughh... I want my Conf Call so I can finally stop farming that boss lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Beat the first playthrough earlier today and then killed the Warrior about 7-8 times. Got a shitload of purples now but the only orange I got was Jack's head on the first kill and oddly enough I got a purple as well. No CCs or anything in the subsequent Warrior kills.. probably will keep it up since he's so easy to take down especially once you get killed and can just snipe away on him from up top. My Bee is only lvl 28.. tempted to try and get another one before I start TVHM but there's no way I could do that farm again unless it was for a lvl 50ish version of it.

I'm lvl 36 now.. can't imagine the 2200 shield I get from it (even with a purple +25% or so relic) will be enough for TVHM.

Jack's head's a legendary? Huh, it was a purple for me. I also got a cool gas mask for the Commando.

Megasoum

Banned
Jack's head's a legendary? Huh, it was a purple for me. I also got a cool gas mask for the Commando.

It's a purple when it drops from Jack (when you are doing the quest) but The Warrior can randomly drop it too if you are farming it and then it's a legendary... AFAIK it's the exact same item. I guess they make it orange to make sure you don't miss it in the ton of loot.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's a purple when it drops from Jack (when you are doing the quest) but The Warrior can randomly drop it too if you are farming it and then it's a legendary... AFAIK it's the exact same item. I guess they make it orange to make sure you don't miss it in the ton of loot.

Ah, I see. I haven't seen an orange drop yet :(

Megasoum

Banned
Well I've farm it all day and I got maybe 3 orange total? So yeah it's FAR from 100%

I knew karma would strike back from getting The Bee in like 15min the other day lol.

Hanzou

Just had a weird bug where all of a sudden my 2 out of 3 equipped guns no longer consumed ammo. The guns shot but no bullets were removed from the clip. I could shoot for ever, weird.

I think they stealth patched the guaranteed warrior orange. A few times I didn't have any show up.

Nope the quest related kill is still 90%+ I just did it three times and all three times I had a legendary drop.

I've killed so many flesh sticks...
You've killed a lot? What about me?
91C1029CFE8EFB2787933D0197C517A076E87059

Man, Hyperion Slaughter Round 5 is probably impossible solo.

Also, I'm Level 35 and still getting one-shotted by a lot of these things in Hero's Pass, what gives?

I'm not finding many better shields.

Dizzy-4U

Well I've farm it all day and I got maybe 3 orange total? So yeah it's FAR from 100%

I knew karma would strike back from getting The Bee in like 15min the other day lol.

Yep, I've been farming The Warrior for 3 days and still no Conference Call. I just want it for novelty's sake because I think the Jacob shotgun I have right now is more effective.

Anyways, anyone knows which boss drops a legendary Jacob shotgun?

Megasoum

Banned
So how does it work once the DLC comes out if I'm level 50. Do I just do the DLC in TVHM mode or there's a reason to go back to normal PT?

Yep, I've been farming The Warrior for 3 days and still no Conference Call. I just want it for novelty's sake because I think the Jacob shotgun I have right now is more effective.

Anyways, anyone knows which boss drops a legendary Jacob shotgun?

As of right now no shotgun is better then the Conference Call when paired with a Bee shield.

Old Slappy drops the Striker. Its a very high accuracy shotgun that will always have +crit damage applied to it. It might have another effect, but I can't figure out what the red text does.

So how does it work once the DLC comes out if I'm level 50. Do I just do the DLC in TVHM mode or there's a reason to go back to normal PT?

I'd imagine it will behave like the DLC in Borderlands 1 does where it just scales to your level.

This game is tricky in places, but right now Rabid Stalkers in True Vault Hunter mode are harder than any enemy, encounter, boss or situation in the game prior to that point by an order of magnitude. I am helpless against them. I'm legit stuck. Yes, I'm using electricity weapons to take out their shields, but usually I'm just able to fire off a few desperate shots while they're tossing me around to an inevitable down 2 seconds later. They might be glass cannons, but they also have a shit ton of HP, and for some reason they are all over the place in That One Zone. I guess I'll just do sidequests until I'm 3-4 levels higher than them.

Dizzy-4U

As of right now no shotgun is better then the Conference Call when paired with a Bee shield.

Old Slappy drops the Striker. Its a very high accuracy shotgun that will always have +crit damage applied to it. It might have another effect, but I can't figure out what the red text does.
Ah, that squid in the river? I'll try it out tonight if I have no luck with the warrior. Thanks.

Uh oh, Did I just screw up farming the Bee?

I got the Hunter Hellquist Mission, killed him, didn't get the Bee, saved and quit.
When I reloaded the mission was still green (completed), and Hunter wasn't back.

Does he respawn after you turn the mission in or did I mess it up somehow?

Megasoum

Banned
I'd imagine it will behave like the DLC in Borderlands 1 does where it just scales to your level.

So that means that I'm in TVHM forever now? Not that it's a problem but yeah, in BL1 I didn't have a level capped character when the DLC came out so I ended up doing everything in both playthroughs.

You can look at the quest, but you can't accept them.

By "look", do you mean selecting an NPC and scrolling through each sidequest and whatnot without selecting them? I swear I've been doing that and a lot of mine are staying a good 5-10 or so levels below (I'm at 49). Once I start 2.5, will they be magically upped to 50? Thatwouldbegrouse.

Dizzy-4U

I got the Hunter Hellquist Mission, killed him, didn't get the Bee, saved and quit.
When I reloaded the mission was still green (completed), and Hunter wasn't back.

He respawns after you turn the mission in.

alba

Little is the new Big

You turn the quest in and everytime you reload your game he respawns.

EDIT: Beaten

He respawns after you complete the mission, that's why he's easy to farm. He's just an elevator ride and a shotgun to the face away.

Gorillaz

The Echocast for Gaige are pretty good. I like how it's basically building up to something huge.

Also yea the theme for the first DLC content is out
dem pirates

Megasoum

Banned
What version are you playing on? I have Critical, Social & Practicable Conference Calls. I wouldn't mind just giving you one. I'm on PS3 though.

Thanks but I'm on PC.

Tried soloing Tera with only my explosive AR and The Bee. Definitly doable but couldn't do it after 4 attempts. I'll try again tomorrow when I'm less tired.

FINALBOSS

Banned
What version are you playing on? I have Critical, Social & Practicable Conference Calls. I wouldn't mind just giving you one. I'm on PS3 though.

Holy crap dude can I take you up on this offer tomorrow maybe?

I've been farming one for just about EVER (200+ Warrior kills--which in turn broke my character). Found a guy to do a trade with me, we traded...then my game crashed before I could save (since my level 50 Gunzerker is affected by the auto-save glitch/freeze).

I'd love you forever. I'll just meet up with you with my lower level char that doesn't actually hard-lock my PS3..if you agree to it that is <3

Add me if you could do it for me some-time tomorrow: FLNALBOSS

I'd super appreciate it.

So if you didn't preorder, season pass is $29 to get Gaige?

Season pass isn't required to get Gaige. In fact she's not even included with the Season Pass. She's 10 dollars alone. In my opinion, she's only worth it if you find the game too hard with the other characters. Death Trap is easy-mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom