• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

In the end you can't be mad at a 9 and he does bring up some valid complaints. Still I can't help myself jumping on the LOL IGN bandwagon when an opportunity arises.
Jade Empire is the 30th best RPG OF ALL TIME!

Gartooth

I hate the double standard of the internet wanting reviewers to give their favorite games better and better scores, but at the same time also wanting reviewers to be critical and honest. (getting flashbacks to Mega64's video on Game Journalism: The Movie)

In all honesty I don't see the problem with IGN's review score, and until I play the game I won't know if their complaints are plausible or not, but at the very least it didn't sound like a blatant attempt to sell the game to please the PR department rather than giving an honest breakdown to consumers.

I hate the double standard of the internet wanting reviewers to give their favorite games better and better scores, but at the same time also wanting reviewers to be critical and honest. (getting flashbacks to Mega64's video on Game Journalism: The Movie)

I'd settle for "well written".

Let's be honest, if it were a Bioware or Rockstar game, it'd be a 9.5. The smaller the developer, the more freedom reviewers have to be tough on their games.

I'm puzzled that he got through the game in 30 hours, though. I'm sure he skipped a lot.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I doubt there is an untapped supply of great writers who think game journalism is their ticket to success. People might want to lower their expectations in that department and just be happy with the handful of industry people who do a halfway decent job.

The only time I would complain about a score is if there was some bullshit metacritic clause that denied the people who worked really hard on a game a bonus or an opportunity to work on another title. This game is going to rock my fucking face off regardless of what one writer at IGN or 100 other reviewers say.

Come on Steam pre load already!

The only time I would complain about a score is if there was some bullshit metacritic clause that denied the people who worked really hard on a game a bonus or an opportunity to work on another title. This game is going to rock my fucking face off regardless of what one writer at IGN or 100 other reviewers say.

Come on Steam pre load already!

probably wait for steam to update in 1 hour to see if they put up the preload then too. hopefully.

anyone going to buy this game and just solo your way through? I don't have an internet connection and I probably could find a mate to play with for a few hours, but it's so much more fun to play with others.

Or I'll get xbox live just for this game.

I will solo at least 3 classes if the game is as fun as the original.

JChalmers

Neo Member
Has anyone got their codes for the season pass from GMG?

Mine is showing up on my account but says "This game is not available for download yet. It will be on . Any required keys will be made available on that date."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Saw a brief Borderlands 2 ad during the footy tonight. I don't watch a lot of local TV, but it's the first time in a long while I've seen an ad for a game.

What's the final word on activating the game by switching regions?

If the key is region locked, you won't be able to activate it, but a rejected activation doesn't eat the key, so the VPN avenue is still available to you.

Edit: Use of a VPN is, strictly speaking, frowned upon by Valve, but the company hasn't been known to bring the hammer down upon VPN users unless they've used a service to bypass regional pricing (i.e. cross-regional gifting from a dupe account to a main account). Most recently, I used a US VPN (Spotflux) to activate a region-locked Inversion key and haven't encountered any issues. The same holds true for the few earlier games I've activated via VPN, dating back to Modern Warfare 2.

Carm

It's nice to see all the graphics options but I do have a question if GBX_AdamF could answer. If there is motion blur in the game, (I've tried to avoid most videos), will we be able to turn it off at least in the ini file?

So I had the first Borderlands and played it with some friends, had a blast. I tried playing it by myself a few times and it was fun I guess, but it was clear the game was designed for co-op.

But this time, none of my friends are planning on getting the game until it's in impulse buy territory in a Steam sale (like 7 bucks). Would it still be worth getting the game if I'm going to be the only one playing? I really wanna play the game but I may just have to skip it if it's like the first game and meant for co-op.

And before someone suggests it, I have issues playing with people I don't know in real life.

Chavelo

So I had the first Borderlands and played it with some friends, had a blast. I tried playing it by myself a few times and it was fun I guess, but it was clear the game was designed for co-op.

But this time, none of my friends are planning on getting the game until it's in impulse buy territory in a Steam sale (like 7 bucks). Would it still be worth getting the game if I'm going to be the only one playing? I really wanna play the game but I may just have to skip it if it's like the first game and meant for co-op.

And before someone suggests it, I have issues playing with people I don't know in real life.

Eh, if you're in no rush to play it, just wait for a sale. I think they added more stuff to the story so it wouldn't be as boring, but I wouldn't get caught in the hype just to be disappointed.

I'm getting right now cause I know a bunch of my IRL friends are gonna play it on release week. Which is always a blast to do when Vent + drinking are involved. Otherwise, I would of just gotten it like I did for the first one: as a $7.50 purchase on a Steam sale for the GOTY edition.

Derrick01

Banned
It's nice to see all the graphics options but I do have a question if GBX_AdamF could answer. If there is motion blur in the game, (I've tried to avoid most videos), will we be able to turn it off at least in the ini file?

This is important to me too though I assume we will be able to turn it off. Motion blur on PC games, due to the higher framerate and resolution and reduced distance from me to the monitor, really hurts my eyes.

anyone going to buy this game and just solo your way through? I don't have an internet connection and I probably could find a mate to play with for a few hours, but it's so much more fun to play with others.

Or I'll get xbox live just for this game.

I both finished the game solo and coop so I will definitely do the same with BL2 as well.

Saw a brief Borderlands 2 ad during the footy tonight. I don't watch a lot of local TV, but it's the first time in a long while I've seen an ad for a game.

If the key is region locked, you won't be able to activate it, but a rejected activation doesn't eat the key, so the VPN avenue is still available to you.

Edit: Use of a VPN is, strictly speaking, frowned upon by Valve, but the company hasn't been known to bring the hammer down upon VPN users unless they've used a service to bypass regional pricing (i.e. cross-regional gifting from a dupe account to a main account). Most recently, I used a US VPN (Spotflux) to activate a region-locked Inversion key and haven't encountered any issues. The same holds true for the few earlier games I've activated via VPN, dating back to Modern Warfare 2.

Thanks for the info!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think the key is region locked. When I activated it said WW at the end which i presume means WorldWide.

Decided to beat Crawmerax (for a 2nd time..to get myself prepared lol) a few moments ago before selling it to a friend in a few. Also wanted to get it on footage:

http://youtu.be/ZrSjVwG_jFI?hd=1

Loved the hell out of the first game and I'm beyond hyped for the 2nd one. I didn't play with any of the other classes in BL1 but that will change for part 2.

Could easily see myself doubling/tripling my playtime compared to the first 1.

Just a few more days. Been trying to avoid any footage being posted. Very hard but I'm strong...I hope, haha.

JChalmers

Neo Member
WGIgJ.jpg

Its preloading!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom