• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had the first Borderlands and played it with some friends, had a blast. I tried playing it by myself a few times and it was fun I guess, but it was clear the game was designed for co-op.

But this time, none of my friends are planning on getting the game until it's in impulse buy territory in a Steam sale (like 7 bucks). Would it still be worth getting the game if I'm going to be the only one playing? I really wanna play the game but I may just have to skip it if it's like the first game and meant for co-op.

And before someone suggests it, I have issues playing with people I don't know in real life.

I had the opposite reaction. Felt like it was designed for single player and co-op felt like an afterthought. If it was built around co-op you'd think they would have handled the loot system, the leveling differences etc better. The game is a hot mess unless you join someone who is your level and at the same point in the game as you are.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I might need gaf-friends for this. Pretty much anyone I know IRL/from other message boards and games who is getting BL2 is getting it for consoles. I have no master racers to co op with :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I might need gaf-friends for this. Pretty much anyone I know IRL/from other message boards and games who is getting BL2 is getting it for consoles. I have no master racers to co op with :(

You don't need friends to enjoy this game.

Image8.jpg

i wish i didnt have to work next week

Pre-loading now, can't wait for this game. My roommate and I set up our living room perfectly for this release. 2 HDTV's with PCs connected to them, a giant bean bag couch, and wireless kb/m. My body is ready.

Gotchaye

Steam unlocks at midnight (maybe everyone already knew that). How little sleep can I get and still be functional at work on Tuesday?

rookiejet

Pre-ordered the xbox version. Amazon.ca seems to offering most if not all of the pre-order bonuses. Add me if you are looking to co-op, I play fair with loot and stuff :).

Smokey

People still read reviews/scores of games that they are interested in? I can't honestly think of the last review I've read or score I've looked at. If I didn't stop in here and read the last page I wouldn't of even known that B2 got a 9.0.

People still read reviews/scores of games that they are interested in? I can't honestly think of the last review I've read or score I've looked at. If I didn't stop in here and read the last page I wouldn't of even known that B2 got a 9.0.

If people didn't read reviews, what would they complain about?

GMG is sending out codes from recent purchases and going back from there, instead of those who pre-ordered first. I think it'd be best to pre-order a few days before release in order to get a code much faster. It's odd how it's taking them a while to roll out codes to some of you.

Ultimadrago

Pardon my inexperience with pre-loads. I wasn't aware that they were this small in comparison to the full game size.

It's only 4 GB?
True, 4GB less to download on release. Yet, it's quite a smaller portion than I had imagined.

In any case, happy downloading and all that.

Pardon my inexperience with pre-loads. I wasn't aware that they were this small in comparison to the full game size.

It's only 4 GB?
True, 4GB less to download on release. Yet, it's quite a smaller portion than I had imagined.

In any case, happy downloading and all that.

Someone on the Gearbox forums said that the review copy of the game was 4.95 GBs large. I saw it posted earlier today otherwise I'd link it.

gotee12

That is so weird. I pre-ordered from them this morning and got a key instantly.

I guess they work backwards or something.
Yep, I preordered in July and haven't seen my key yet. I'm sure I'll get it in plenty of time (hopefully) but it is odd how GMG is rolling them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom