• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

How do season passes work; do I have to buy it now or can I buy it way later when they actually announce what's in it?

Depends. The gears one stayed up for months while others disappeared as soon as new content was announced. If you don't trust a season pass, I wouldn't blame you, then you can wait for the new content and spend 10 more dollars if ALL of it is good, wait for a sale, or take advantage of the GMG deal if you are a PC player and only spend 22 bucks.

Ourobolus

Banned
Watched that D-Toid interview, talking about DLC characters, just realized they will probably release the Original Fab Four as DLC.

:0

I was thinking about this for the past few weeks. Would be so damn sweet - even if it's just to play as them and it doesn't make sense in the context of the story. 9 playthroughs would be a definite for me!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
http://wubwub.eu/ chose the Mount Jackmore Game

You can win all kinds of amazing prices ! and YES lots of EU countries can participate !!
BL2_Mt_Jackmore_Prizes-600x450.jpg

I love that they have a fucking url called wub wub.

harrytang

surprised the IGN article didnt knock points off for scaling issues. he clearly states he was over leveled for side quests near the end. it was a problem in BL1 and sounds like still a problem.

liked that the video review was the dude reading the written review like in past, but weird how different the reviews came across. no enthusiasm in the written review while managed to sound slightly hyped in video. not sure why they glossed over the guns.

wondering what pressures exist to give this game a passing grade given they received 3 or more exclusive interviews with Randy and were allowed to publish the review ahead of other sites.

I started up my Borderlands 1 playthrough again after dropping it last year. Level 30, 100 hours in, and I still have about a third of the regular game to go plus three DLCs.

I've gotten hooked again and what blows me away is how good this 2009 game still looks on PC today. God knows how good Borderlands 2 is going to look.

rookiejet

I have the Amazon preorder page open. Hyped, but still undecided since I don't have a group to play with. Any East Coasters looking to team up? I'll play it on a 360.

Seanspeed

Banned
I started up my Borderlands 1 playthrough again after dropping it last year. Level 30, 100 hours in, and I still have about a third of the regular game to go plus three DLCs.

I've gotten hooked again and what blows me away is how good this 2009 game still looks on PC today. God knows how good Borderlands 2 is going to look.

How on earth do you spend 100 hours and only get 1/3rd of the way through?

I take my time with stuff and I only spent about 50-60 hours on two playthroughs, including General Knoxx and Zombie Island on the 2nd playthrough.

How on earth do you spend 100 hours and only get 1/3rd of the way through?

2/3rds, maybe a bit more. Only have about 1/3rd left. I took it slow though, doing every side mission. And all solo. I've completed over 80 missions already. Game is big. Farmed a bit as well, because the game is tough at times when playing on your own.

I'm a very slow player in general, though. A bit OCD so I have to make sure I explore everything and don't miss anything.

2/3rds, maybe a bit more. Only have about 1/3rd left. I took it slow though, doing every side mission. And all solo. I've completed over 80 missions already. Game is big. Farmed a bit as well, because the game is tough at times when playing on your own.

I'm a very slow player in general, though. A bit OCD so I have to make sure I explore everything and don't miss anything.

I'm having the same experience, played solo, did mucho side quests, and dropped it partways through general knoxx ..finally went back and finished general knoxx and claptraps robot revolution and fell in love all over again.

Santiako

When you activate the key, it says that preload will be today. I don't know if it's a typo or we will be able to do it later today.

Derrick01

Banned
Thankfully I got my code from GMG sometime in the early morning hours. No preload yet but at least I don't have to worry about them screwing me on the key again like they did with Sleeping Dogs.

I have the Amazon preorder page open. Hyped, but still undecided since I don't have a group to play with. Any East Coasters looking to team up? I'll play it on a 360.

You only have 4 hours to purchase the console versions before free/cheap release day delivery disappears. The first game was awesome in single player as well, so even if you cant find a friend to play it with, you'll most likely still have a blast. I also never had an issue finding randoms.

Mutombo

anyone going to buy this game and just solo your way through? I don't have an internet connection and I probably could find a mate to play with for a few hours, but it's so much more fun to play with others.

Or I'll get xbox live just for this game.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
anyone going to buy this game and just solo your way through? I don't have an internet connection and I probably could find a mate to play with for a few hours, but it's so much more fun to play with others.

Or I'll get xbox live just for this game.
i did that with BL1 wasn't as fun as multi but still pretty damn fun

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Fucking IGN rushed through the game. :(

dYCQm.png

It seems Gearbox isn't a big fan of IGN's review.

MGcjo.png

So is this going to have the predownload thing for Steam? Where it lets you download 99% of it, and the other 1% unlocks at midnight? I have a really slow internet, so this would be ideal if I wanted to play it on release.

Santiako

So is this going to have the predownload thing for Steam? Where it lets you download 99% of it, and the other 1% unlocks at midnight? I have a really slow internet, so this would be ideal if I wanted to play it on release.

When you activate the key it tells you that pre-load will be 14/9 (today) but we don't know if it's a typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom