• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
85TZH.jpg

Got this from the final boss(does everyone get it?).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I got one from the final boss as well last night when I beat him with a friend who was hosting the game who hadn't beat him before but I didn't get one the first time I beat him or the next couple of times I farmed him.

Went farming with some 50s last night. I am not a 50, so these are just sitting in my bank, teasing me... We had a group of 4, rolling with the rare loot relics. Played for hours, but I think what we got was WORTH IT.

I am probably going to try to do some more tonight too :) I am curious how my Bee and conference call stack up to others? I've seen a higher nuke launcher too I think.

What the fuck? You got all of that in ONE hour? Was that the extent of the loot or did your friends get some too?!

Nah they got some too. There was a Sledge shotgun that was corrosive that was like 6500x12, I wanted it but some other guy laid claim to it. They wanted weapons/gear that was better than what they had. We also got a Rolling Thunder (54000x10), and a few others that were really good (but I coudn't have), a few pistols, class mods, Terramorphous shield, etc. I got the leftovers. This Bee was slightly better than another guys, but he said I could have it.

Keep in mind we played for ~8 hours last night, so it was a serious session, and not a lot of dicking around going on. These guys knew what they were doing.

Duallusion

I hope first DLC will already raise the level cap, even if only by a couple of levels. They should spread that through all of them instead of raising it on the third DLC to 60 or something.

Nah they got some too. There was a Sledge shotgun that was corrosive that was like 6500x12, I wanted it but some other guy laid claim to it. They wanted weapons/gear that was better than what they had. We also got a Rolling Thunder (54000x10), and a few others that were really good (but I coudn't have), a few pistols, class mods, Terramorphous shield, etc. I got the leftovers. This Bee was slightly better than another guys, but he said I could have it.

Keep in mind we played for ~8 hours last night, so it was a serious session, and not a lot of dicking around going on. These guys knew what they were doing.

That's an unusually good haul for even a whole days worth of farming. Especially considering you got at least on Vermi spawn. You sure the host wasn't using a hack?

That's an unusually good haul for even a whole days worth of farming. Especially considering you got at least on Vermi spawn. You sure the host wasn't using a hack?

I agree, we were all ecstatic by the end of the evening. And I would hope he wasn't hacking, he's one of my good buddies lol. Only 1 of the guys I didn't know, but he wasn't host. We dashboarded a lot to reset the missions/enemies, and they already had amazing weapons that dealt tons of damage, so we were able to cycle pretty quickly. If there was foul play, it took forever to get it. We got an orange an hour or so.

Wallach

I agree, we were all ecstatic by the end of the evening. And I would hope he wasn't hacking, he's one of my good buddies lol. Only 1 of the guys I didn't know, but he wasn't host. We dashboarded a lot to reset the missions/enemies, and they already had amazing weapons that dealt tons of damage, so we were able to cycle pretty quickly. If there was foul play, it took forever to get it. We got an orange an hour or so.

I don't even know if any "hacks" would cause increased drop rates from kills on PC, much less Xbox 360. If you saw the loot drop yourself I can't imagine there was any potential for anything shady.

Hung Wei Lo

So, I fight with every fiber of my being to not use that goddamn key for 15 levels and what do I get?

Class Mods. Fuck you, golden chest. Fuck you right in your shiny, ornate hinges.

The Warrior did drop a Scalable Conference Call on my first attempt, though. So sexy.

You can try this with a newer, similarly leveled character...I still haven't given in, though TVHM is kicking my ass and I may need an upgrade in gear

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43030821&postcount=15177

I just got to
W4R-D3N
, playing as Zero (Solo). WTF?! I cannot win. I have no shock weapons and one corrosive sniper rifle. His minions are destroying me along with those flying things that obliterate my shields and give his minions shields. I am lv16 and this is the 1st time I've had this much trouble in this game.

Any hints on how to win? I keep dying and trying to run back out onto the main map but more
bots randomly spawn from here also.

Can someone please help me out please. I just downloaded the Premiere Club content. This is the pre-order content that includes the Gearbox Golden Guns, a golden key to unlock a rare chest, the Vault Hunter's Relic, and access to the Mechromancer class.

The only thing I've been able to access from the Premier Club is the golden key to unlock the chest. How do I access all of the other stuff? Thanks.

sophora

Finally got my season pass with the GMG 25% off code. The code expires tomorrow so if anyone still hasn't gotten the pass and wants to.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I see huge blood spouts but the heads are always there. I've headshotted a thousand humans with sniper rifles.

Quick search tells me maybe the PhysX settings have something to do with it? It appears that some people say they started getting dismemberment when they turned PhysX off.

I'm on 360 and a head never popped, even though you see a lot of blood and gibs from afar. I was sniping constantly with Maya as well.

Unicorn

Human heads don't pop. Their arms and legs can sever, animal head can pop (skag).

Electric critical kills don't make faces melt and eyes, brains, teeth exposed either.

Randy has already addressed this as a way to have an "uncensored" version across all regions, but are listening to fans and may patch the missing gore back in depending.

Deitus

Human heads don't pop. Their arms and legs can sever, animal head can pop (skag).

Electric critical kills don't make faces melt and eyes, brains, teeth exposed either.

Randy has already addressed this as a way to have an "uncensored" version across all regions, but are listening to fans and may patch the missing gore back in depending.

How does that work with the ESRB though? I would assume releasing a version of the game with less explicit content, and having the game be rated based on that, only to patch all of the explicit content back in would completely negate the purpose of having a game rated in the first place.

I mean sure, they could make the patch completely optional, and explain that none of the content in it has been rated, but I just don't think that would sit well with the ESRB or the platform holders. I guess they could submit the contents of the patch/DLC for rating.

Cat Party

How does that work with the ESRB though? I would assume releasing a version of the game with less explicit content, and having the game be rated based on that, only to patch all of the explicit content back in would completely negate the purpose of having a game rated in the first place.

I mean sure, they could make the patch completely optional, and explain that none of the content in it has been rated, but I just don't think that would sit well with the ESRB or the platform holders. I guess they could submit the contents of the patch/DLC for rating.

The rating on this game by the ESRB will not change. It's already M. I don't know if they typically submit DLC to the ESRB or not, but in this case, it won't change the rating if they are just upping the gore factor. The gore that was removed for to appease other ratings boards/agencies outside the US.

Deitus

The rating on this game by the ESRB will not change. It's already M. I don't know if they typically submit DLC to the ESRB or not, but in this case, it won't change the rating if they are just upping the gore factor. The gore that was removed for to appease other ratings boards/agencies outside the US.

That's not really relevant though. I know, and you know that with extra gore this game would still have an M rating. But you can't just say "hey this game is going to be an M anyway, no need to rate it, just slap the M logo on it". The rating process specifically involves disclosing all of the worst content in a game to the ESRB.

If you release a game, and it later turns out that there was worse content that was not initially disclosed, ESRB could revoke the rating, as they did for GTA San Andreas (and yes, I know that was a completely different situation, but it still established a precedent).

I just got to
W4R-D3N
, playing as Zero (Solo). WTF?! I cannot win. I have no shock weapons and one corrosive sniper rifle. His minions are destroying me along with those flying things that obliterate my shields and give his minions shields. I am lv16 and this is the 1st time I've had this much trouble in this game.

Any hints on how to win? I keep dying and trying to run back out onto the main map but more
bots randomly spawn from here also.

haaaalp!

ZeroCoin

That's not really relevant though. I know, and you know that with extra gore this game would still have an M rating. But you can't just say "hey this game is going to be an M anyway, no need to rate it, just slap the M logo on it". The rating process specifically involves disclosing all of the worst content in a game to the ESRB.

If you release a game, and it later turns out that there was worse content that was not initially disclosed, ESRB could revoke the rating, as they did for GTA San Andreas (and yes, I know that was a completely different situation, but it still established a precedent).

Here's the details of how the ESRB handles DLC...

Downloadable Content
Downloadable content (DLC) that will be appended to an existing, previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if its content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating assigned to the core product is applicable to the DLC as well. Where, however, DLC content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating may be associated with this DLC.

Deitus

Yeah, I figured that was the case. An optional DLC to up the level of gore in the game is a little different than a new campaign. But, as far as the ESRB is concerned, there is at least an avenue to re-rate a product if DLC changes the content of the product. So I guess this likely wouldn't cause any problems then (it would still make Gearbox have to jump through a few hoops before they could do it though).

Unicorn

Yeah, I figured that was the case. An optional DLC to up the level of gore in the game is a little different than a new campaign. But, as far as the ESRB is concerned, there is at least an avenue to re-rate a product if DLC changes the content of the product. So I guess this likely wouldn't cause any problems then (it would still make Gearbox have to jump through a few hoops before they could do it though).
Not any more than any other DLC. They would probably paperclip it in with another DLC pack that way they kill 2 rakk with one tediore reload... So to speak.

Meier

Farmed at least 50 Hunter Hellquists to no avail.

Is it just my game or do drops seemingly disappear at a pretty high frequency through the floor of the building

It took me over 3.5 hours.. I figured out it was around 175 kills to get a lvl 28 Bee (at lvl 32.. I literally got all of lvl 31 on him alone). I think he just drops 0 loot sometimes which is total bullshit.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Farmed at least 50 Hunter Hellquists to no avail.

Is it just my game or do drops seemingly disappear at a pretty high frequency through the floor of the building
It took an hour for me to get my first Bee in PT1; I got my second one just 15 or so minutes later.

Sometimes he just doesn't drop anything, though.

It took me over 3.5 hours.. I figured out it was around 175 kills to get a lvl 28 Bee (at lvl 32.. I literally got all of lvl 31 on him alone). I think he just drops 0 loot sometimes which is total bullshit.

I think my levelling was just about the same. I know I got a full level and a half on him, I think it was level 31 or 32 as well. Didn't take me nearly 3.5 hours, though.

Meier

Very nice! The Legendary I got from him was Jack's head (and I of course got one from Jack as well). Farmed him for about another 2 hours or so and didn't get any other Legendaries.. ahh well.

ZeroCoin

It depends on how the ESRB defines their own rating system. If the guideline means that the DLC merits an M rating when the core game had a T rating, then Gearbox wouldn't have to do anything since the DLC would more than likely fall under an M rating. If it's down to the granular content descriptors (borderlands 2 contains 'blood and gore', but the DLC would be rated 'intense violence'), then there would be a case for having a new rating. My guess would be it's the former.

definitely some fright train farming there. well done.

Can someone please help me out please. I just downloaded the Premiere Club content. This is the pre-order content that includes the Gearbox Golden Guns, a golden key to unlock a rare chest, the Vault Hunter's Relic, and access to the Mechromancer class.

The only thing I've been able to access from the Premier Club is the golden key to unlock the chest. How do I access all of the other stuff? Thanks.

Guns and relic should be in your inventory at the start of the game. You have to go to downloadable content in the main menu to download Mechromancer (will be free since you have the Premiere Club).

Snipe its eye with the the corrosive sniper rifle. All constructors have a damage threshold where if you do enough damage while its trying to build something the process will be interrupted.

What about the shield? Must get the shield down first. Whats the best way to do this? Also, I've been approaching him from the left. Is this the best way? or should I go head on?

Raxus

What about the shield? Must get the shield down first. Whats the best way to do this?

Shoot it's side while it is up. The shield reflects bullets back to you.

Unless you mean the typical blue shield. If it has shield bots then destroy them asap.

Cat Party

Yes, I posted about it. Same for Adaptive shields that raise health. You're the only other person here who seems to have noticed (or cares) aside from me. :(

I noticed and I care. Why on earth was this changed in the patch? I have to assume it was an oversight.

Wallach

Yes, I posted about it. Same for Adaptive shields that raise health. You're the only other person here who seems to have noticed (or cares) aside from me. :(

Didn't seem to happen on PC. Both Adaptive and Turtle still show their values for me.

Edit - On a different note, I kind of feel like Assault Rifles got shafted in this game. The more I use them the more I wonder why I carry any at all; the damage per round is just garbage for the kind of gains you make in mid-range accuracy over a pistol. Especially when you can mitigate so much of that just looking down the sights rather than hip firing. I mean look at these two weapons:

ibyi5p4spxEMZW.jpg

ifkHZWQxzc5Tv.jpg

Even if the AR had been a x2 or a minigun barrel it would be getting destroyed at pretty much all the same effective ranges. I don't get what they are going for with these weapons.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't seem to happen on PC. Both Adaptive and Turtle still show their values for me.

Yeah, seems to be unchanged on PC.

Got my second talking gun the other day and it's the Hyperion one that nags you. Just got done with a co-op session where every gun I used was afflicted with the same voice, I hope it's not permanent...

Deitus

Second piece of DLC will feature a forest, it will come out in february.

I know you are joking, but there is no way they wait until February for the next piece of DLC. If they are following the model set by BL1, the next DLC will be released about a month after this one, give or take a week.

nel e nel

I noticed it too. While it's not game breaking as I can remove the shield and make a note of my health and then put it on again and subtract, it's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom