• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

Just I just tested to see if I got anarchy with DT killing again and I'm still not getting any. I've tried not hitting the mob at all, tagging the mob, and also doing over 50% damage. Don't know what else to try.

Megasoum

Banned
Here's what a bit over 3 millions in the slot machines will get you... And actually I'm pretty sure stuff started to despawn cause there was a lot more than that at some point.

BF0B1398FD864FF2EA2F3D9A22488284493D485E

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Here's what a bit over 3 millions in the slot machines will get you... And actually I'm pretty sure stuff started to despawn cause there was a lot more than that at some point.

That's a weird looking gun. I thought it was a sniper rifle at first that was skinny at the rifle with mini guns on the side.

Is there any quest that will reward a decent assault rifle or smg at lvl 27? I don't care about having a lvl 50 version. I'll start a second character for that.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl I guess. Just bought the game along with the mechromancer whom I intend on playing.

I, too, am around the 85 hour mark, having just clocked TVHM last night and I can wholeheartedly say that it's a blast on your own (albeit very testing/frustrating in parts) I only have one other mate who has the game, but due to him being that far behind, no tandem fun eventuated.

Consequently, my entire experience has been solo and I don't regret it at all. Pacing yourself and exploration is important in this game, which are things that coop can impinge upon.

Avinexus

The trip to make his body de-materialize is a bitch.

All they need to do is allow you to go back into that area when you leave. The exit is on top of a mountain that you need to drop from so you can't just go straight to The Warrior, but it allows you to clear the body easily.

Log4Girlz

oh yeah...and it's does a crap ton of damage! I can easily farm Warrior in like 2min top which is not bad considering I don't have conf call.

Before being given the shotty (thanks Dreams-visions), I was using an SMG with an especially big clip. Did much better than my best explosive ass rifle.

Megasoum

Banned
Before being given the shotty (thanks Dreams-visions), I was using an SMG with an especially big clip. Did much better than my best explosive ass rifle.

Well the clip is really big as you can see in the SS and since it's accelerating when you hold down the button it shoots REALLY fast at the end of the clip. Fast reload too.

Log4Girlz

Well the clip is really big as you can see in the SS and since it's accelerating when you hold down the button it shoots REALLY fast at the end of the clip. Fast reload too.

These guns are usually inaccurate and take sometime to accelerate. A good SMG with the Bee is just better IMO. They are nice though against robotic enemies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
:'(
There. Take my moneyz Gearbox. I wasted 30 bux for the season pass. I hope its worth every penny.
:'(

Dunlop

Finaly got the chance to play tonight,

I started with a Siren and my buddy took a Mechromancer

I start with a pistol, him a sniper rifle

We both get our class ability at the same time

"Damn phaselock is f-ing sw...."

Stares at flying dual weilding mech the tears up every enemy on the screen

"...et"

/runs to buy DLC

(not really, I love the Siren but wtf at the ability discrepency?)

tatsuki

So basically nothing? I haven't wasted any money on slots really. I guess it was a good choice.

"...et"

/runs to buy DLC

Phaselock is a damn good ability, the best of the original 4 characters when you first unlock it imo

Deathtrap just seems alarmingly good in the early stages of the game

"...et"

/runs to buy DLC

You do realize that Death Trap is on a minute long cooldown right?

Megasoum

Banned
So basically nothing? I haven't wasted any money on slots really. I guess it was a good choice.

Yeah pretty much lol... Wasn't really expecting anything. I'm just swimming in money and was bored while watching a tv show.

I did get a jackpot earlier in the game (like around level 20 or something like that) but never got another one after that.

Edgeward

Terramorphus is easier than I thought solo. Only real problem was making sure I a) don't get launched out of the arena and b) if I do go down that a tentacle was around to kill it. Otherwise Zerking with a slag weapon and Jakob shotgun made it quick work. Got my class mod in my second try.

Edit: I see the safe spot in the fight. Now this will be even easier.

Volcynika

I'm getting a weird error on the PC version, not sure if it's my machine or what. It just crashes the game and pulls up an error message with something like "Could not find function GetPickupableInventory"

It's annoying!

maomaoIYP

Farmed the warrior for 6 hrs last night... on one of my final runs where I was basically half asleep, I found an orange underneath the boss! It wasn't Conference Call. FML.

I'm getting a weird error on the PC version, not sure if it's my machine or what. It just crashes the game and pulls up an error message with something like "Could not find function GetPickupableInventory"

It's annoying!

Check:

For latest drivers
MSI Afterburner to check your fan speed and GPU usage
Memtest

If all else fails try reinstalling the game.

Dizzy-4U

You know what I'd like? A house where I can store all my stuff with displays to put my best weapons, like those fallout mods. I can invite my friends to easily lend them weapons for a boss fight or something. Not that I have friends that play Borderlands but hey, I can dream...

...or at least make the bank expansion unlimited Gearbox, 27 is not enough.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm a couple hours in with Mechromancer now. Aside from the fact that I often forget to even pop the robot in fights, the game has been fun thus far. Dialogue is great all around and I'm enjoying the different weapons. I think my favorite so far is a shotgun that shoots 3 shots at a time - thing fucking destroys everyone.

I did use the bot in the fight just before getting claptraps ship and Deathtrap goes straight for the boss and just destroys him single handedly while I killed the surrounding henchmen. That bot is powerful, but they did say as much - you have a long cooldown as a result of how powerful Deathtrap is, but you get an ability later that lets you extend his time as long as he's killing stuff so yeah... keep fighting and he'll keep killing.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So if im going anarchy for gaige what sort of weapons, brands and skills should i have? Especially for when you are at high anarchy stacks, it seems only shotties work.

Volcynika

Check:

For latest drivers
MSI Afterburner to check your fan speed and GPU usage
Memtest

If all else fails try reinstalling the game.

Well only had time to update my drivers, but I did do a validation on the game and it was missing a file apparently. I'll keep an eye out though.

Ken

Farmed the warrior for 6 hrs last night... on one of my final runs where I was basically half asleep, I found an orange underneath the boss! It wasn't Conference Call. FML.

How do you farm the Warrior? I'm not there yet and I'm still on P1 so I'm wondering if there's anything I need to do ahead of time, just in case.

Unicorn

So if im going anarchy for gaige what sort of weapons, brands and skills should i have? Especially for when you are at high anarchy stacks, it seems only shotties work.

I have an eridian SMG that launches a volley of big energy balls and with all the stacks my shotty gets me it does a better job for me in FFYL than my shotty.

A single shot Jakobs is hard to beat. Has to have a magazine of at least 2 though, otherwise it will be 0 and won't fire. With that single shot, every time you fire, you reload, which gives you a stack if you even slightly pelt an enemy (doesn't seem to consistently give me a stack on a complete miss shot, probably to prevent cheesing the system) as well as being a Jakobs (and having stacks) I will probably kill them too, so every shot gives me about 2 anarchy.

Pretty soon I'll have a skill that will give me a small chance to gain another stack when I would gain one, so I could potentially get 4 stacks from just one shot of my shotty. Fukken hell.

Also, It kind of sucks that once I load my game I go to an easy area with a lot of enemies to try and build my anarchy up a bit before going into wherever I actually want to be for quests. It's just a time waste to gain that shit back up. Granted, once I'm "stacked" I rarely find myself calling DeathTrap out.

maomaoIYP

How do you farm the Warrior? I'm not there yet and I'm still on P1 so I'm wondering if there's anything I need to do ahead of time, just in case.

After killing him in the story quest he respawns every time you load up a new game (most bosses do), so just kill him, quit out, and load up the game directly into his chamber.

Once you have five point or more into Close Enough it stops mattering how inaccurate you are just look in the general direction of your target and fire. The bullets home onto enemies even cloaked ones. If you really want to worry about accuracy Moxxie's Heartbreaker, the Octo, and Lascaux all have fixed accuracy since they fire in a set pattern.

Ha. Makes me feel terrible for getting a Conference Call the first time I killed him in TVHM :(. Keep at it, mang! Then you'll have an awesome gun and not much to do with it like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom